most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
115 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What you think of the album?
5/5 55 17.97%
4/5 99 32.35%
3/5 90 29.41%
2/5 41 13.40%
1/5 9 2.94%
0/5 12 3.92%
Voters: 306. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 07-27-2012, 06:33 AM         #61
kaotikuk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How so many people voting this 5/5 is beyond me.. state of hip-hop i guess. The whole album is basically chick songs, and ross sounds so awkward on chick songs. Its just soft rap, really annoys me how most albums are like this nowadays.
 07-27-2012, 09:36 AM         #62
_Monk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ exactly... i cant stand all the songs for chicks, it's annoying... it's like the last half of the album is all for women... he came straight on Astin Martin Music, he is capable of hot songs about women, but the ones on this album just suck... best song on the cd is the opening track, imo.
 5 years ago '06        #63
esvi 17 heat pts17
space
space
$2,262 | Props total: 828 828
one thing is for sure

it isn't what all his camp described

it's not scorsese at all

he'd be glad if it's even a michel bay

I think this will have ZERO replay value

the problem with that type of artist is that they don't make timeless music
just overuse the sh*t that it's working at the moment

used to like a lot trilla when it came out
can't stand this sh*t now

I'm already having a hard time listening to this
since he's been rapping like that for 3 years straight
plus the overshine of MMG make his music obselete even faster
 5 years ago '04        #64
infamousres1 
space
space
$1,568 | Props total: 1 1
ya'll dudes might think I'm crazy but did any of you actually see the subliminal image if you look at the album cover closely... I see a image of a monkey. Only way you can see it if you have a small image picture that you put on your ipod or just viewing. But it can only be seen if you look at the smaller image of the album cover at a distance. Leave me inbox messages if you see it I am not buggin.
 5 years ago '09        #65
Nx41fe 1 heat pts
space
space
$629 | Props total: 3 3
Amsterdam, 16 & 911...

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #66
lil antman 
space
space
space
$611 | Props total: 223 223
i truly don't understand how you can call this music whack...but to each his own
 07-27-2012, 10:25 PM         #67
3rdpiano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dee352 said:
MarcusF87, Walkerboy86

these two n*ggas voted classic
 5 years ago '04        #68
buck1623 
space
space
space
$992 | Props total: 362 362
Dese n*ggas wanna hold me back!!! Hype!
 5 years ago '04        #69
bigtrevdogg 
space
space
$1,967 | Props total: 357 357
3/5. Teflon Don was his peak.
 5 years ago '10        #70
knowlege bass 
space
space
$3,222 | Props total: 564 564
This is the first time I have actually listened to a Rick Ross album from beginning to end so my perspective on this is a bit skewed. The first 7 songs I surprisingly liked. Although he just talks about rags to riches mainly I find he sounds more focused on 16, Amsterdam and Pirates. 3 Kings is ok, but should have been better but its all good up till "Hold Me Back". I had heard this song before, it honestly sounds like a joke song you would see on a comedy show making fun of rap. This is the type of song that has kept me away from Ross for so long. 911 and So Sophisticated are the only songs until Triple Beam Dreams comes on that should have stayed on the album. The rest are there as radio filler. As for Triple Beam Dreams itself, it is still one of the best songs of the year to me and the reason I even pay Ross any attention now. I think Nas' verse is better than 3 Stacks feature but that is not to say that Andre doesnt k!ll it. Overall would give it a 3/5. I still cant say I ama Ross fan, but I think this album is cool for what the current mainstream is. I still feel he just doesnt reveal his true emceeing skills to maintain that ignant n*gga persona. Its the same with Wayne, I know he is actually a dope emcee but he chooses to rap stupid.
 5 years ago '05        #71
Hydroman 16 heat pts16
space
space
$2,071 | Props total: 1184 1184
 lil antman said:
i truly don't understand how you can call this music whack...but to each his own
These n*ggas crazy. Cd bops. Very smooth vibe.
 5 years ago '04        #72
Merle 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,795 | Props total: 0 0
Don't know what some of you guys are talking about, this album is crazy, imma buy!
 5 years ago '05        #73
Trakboy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$4,085 | Props total: 981 981
I give it a 1 out of 5.

imo this is the worst ross album!

Even Self Made Vol.2 > God forgives i dont

"Port Of Miami" still the best! 5/5
 5 years ago '04        #74
CA$H MONEY 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,923 | Props total: 3 3
 Rawfury said:
2/5... not really impressed outside of a few tracks
Right about 3 and a half mics.........
 5 years ago '07        #75
Funeral James 24 heat pts24
space
space
$16,478 | Props total: 411 411
 knowlege bass said:
This is the first time I have actually listened to a Rick Ross album from beginning to end so my perspective on this is a bit skewed. The first 7 songs I surprisingly liked. Although he just talks about rags to riches mainly I find he sounds more focused on 16, Amsterdam and Pirates. 3 Kings is ok, but should have been better but its all good up till "Hold Me Back". I had heard this song before, it honestly sounds like a joke song you would see on a comedy show making fun of rap. This is the type of song that has kept me away from Ross for so long. 911 and So Sophisticated are the only songs until Triple Beam Dreams comes on that should have stayed on the album. The rest are there as radio filler. As for Triple Beam Dreams itself, it is still one of the best songs of the year to me and the reason I even pay Ross any attention now. I think Nas' verse is better than 3 Stacks feature but that is not to say that Andre doesnt k!ll it. Overall would give it a 3/5. I still cant say I ama Ross fan, but I think this album is cool for what the current mainstream is. I still feel he just doesnt reveal his true emceeing skills to maintain that ignant n*gga persona. Its the same with Wayne, I know he is actually a dope emcee but he chooses to rap stupid.
you made some good points...im a ross fan and expected alot more from this album but hold me back was terrible and he put songs from his mixtape on here which makes it seem like a rushed project..he has been making ALOT of music lately but thats no excuse im sure meek mill's album will outshine his by far.
 5 years ago '05        #76
Da Candy Man 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,072 | Props total: 0 0
decent album, great features, solid prod

4/5
 5 years ago '04        #77
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,402 | Props total: 11780 11780
this album is solid n*ggas is hating for real 4/5 album production is incredible
 5 years ago '04        #78
lment 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,041 | Props total: 68 68
3 since that andre 3000 verse/song k!lls it shoulda saved it for his album
 5 years ago '04        #79
Nza 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,201 | Props total: 7 7
Really diggin
Ashamed - Sick
Presidential - Bad!
3 kings - Crazy Collabo and lyrics/Beat
MM IV - Well produced, and each beat switchup sounds fire!

And rest of album is pretty stable
 5 years ago '04        #80
jae premier 
space
space
$2,491 | Props total: 77 77
Tracks 2-6 are all really good but the middle third of the album completely ruins the vibe of the album and is very poor. Diced Pineapples is alright and the closer is pretty good. Very uneven album that couldn't recover after a terrible middle third.

It also has to be mentioned that on the two songs with the heavyweight features (3 Kings and Sixteen) he was heavily outshined on both. 3 Kings I would even say that Dre had a better verse than him which is a HUGE negative and Andre 3000 made me forget that Ross was even on Sixteen between him CRUSHING his verse and handling the hook.

3/5
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
71 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
85 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
83 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
84 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
34 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
56 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
88 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy