Jul 25 - "With so many Africans in Greece at least the West Nile mosquitos will eat homemade food"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
118 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
180 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #1
8556 pageviews
66 comments

smurfdoran 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$2,905 | Props total: 107 107
Jul 25 - "With so many Africans in Greece at least the West Nile mosquitos will eat homemade food"

[pic - click to view]

LONDON – Greek triple jumper Voula Papachristou was banished from the Olympic Games on Wednesday after making racist comments and expressing right-wing sentiments on Twitter.

Papachristou was scheduled to fly to London next week from her training base in Athens when the Hellenic Olympic Committee – Greek’s Olympic federation – made the decision to expel her from the team.

[ Photos: Voula Papachristou ]

Papachristou, 23, made a racist and tasteless comment on her Twitter account, @papaxristoutj, that highlighted the number of African immigrants in Greece.

“With so many Africans in Greece … at least the West Nile mosquitos will eat homemade food!!!,” Papachristou wrote. She also reposted a comment from controversial Greek politician Ilias Kasidiaris, who has strongly criticized his government’s “soft” immigration policy.

[ Talk back: What's your take on the Greek controversy? ]

The West Nile virus was first discovered in Uganda, but cases have recently been found during the European summer. Papachristou’s tweet was met with a flood of angry responses, but she didn’t respond until Wednesday, when it became clear she might lose her spot in the Olympics.

“I would like to express my heartfelt apologies for the unfortunate and tasteless joke I published on my personal Twitter account,” she said. “I am very sorry and ashamed for the negative responses I triggered, since I never wanted to offend anyone, or to encroach human rights.”

[ Related: Aussie swimmers under fire for gun-toting Facebook photos ]

By then, it was too late. Greek Olympic chiefs consulted with senior members of the Greek parliament, including aides to Prime Minister Antonis Samaras, before making their decision. Part of the reason for the expulsion was to punish Papachristou for her actions, but the decision was also made in hopes of avoiding a backlash from anti-racism protestors at the Games.

The financial crisis gripping Greece – where strict austerity measures have affected the lives of millions – has forced the country to rely heavily on corporate sponsorship to fund its Olympic program. Officials feared that contributors may rethink their commitment if Papachristou remained on the team.

[ Related: London's Eye to become Twitter-fueled mood ring ]

“There is never a good time for something like this to happen,” one source with knowledge of the decision told Yahoo! Sports. “But this is especially a bad time. Action had to happen. To not act would have been negligent and place Greece in a very negative light.”

Greek officials later released an official statement announcing Papchristou would be placed "outside the Olympic team for statements contrary to the values and ideas of the Olympic movement."

[pic - click to view]

Greek triple jumper removed from Olympic team after making racist comments on Twitter - Yahoo! Sports

Last edited by smurfdoran; 07-25-2012 at 12:27 PM..

66 comments for "Jul 25 - "With so many Africans in Greece at least the West Nile mosquitos will eat homemade food""

07-25-2012, 12:25 PM         #2
D a m a s c u s 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 5 years ago '11        #3
Suppafresh 26 heat pts26
space
space
$6,090 | Props total: 265 265
Good for that stupid bi*ch
 5 years ago '08        #4
Nut-In-Honeys 10 heat pts10
space
space
$6,025 | Props total: 5810 5810

[pic - click to view]

She lost her Olympic spot for that bullsh*t joke lol. sh*t wasn't even racist
 07-25-2012, 02:30 PM         #5
WordOnThaStreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
“I would like to express my heartfelt apologies for the unfortunate and tasteless joke I published on my personal Twitter account,” she said. “I am very sorry and ashamed for the negative responses I triggered, since I never wanted to offend anyone, or to encroach human rights.”

lady gaga tranny lookin bish

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #6
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,035 | Props total: 18795 18795
ha! Now you goin back home ya ignorant a.ss bi*ch!!
 07-25-2012, 02:32 PM         #7
WordOnThaStreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nut-In-Honeys said:

She lost her Olympic spot for that bullsh*t joke lol. sh*t wasn't even racist
really? so if i a group of white people come over my house its alright to tweet "white folks comin over tonight..... at least their lice can jump on my dogs and live on something clean for once

its no racist right

Last edited by WordOnThaStreet; 07-25-2012 at 02:36 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #9
Pakchoy 828 heat pts828
space
space
$6,642 | Props total: 40524 40524
Lol that's why i refuse to jump on twitter. You say one thing or a tasteless joke and it gets all blown out of proportion.
 07-25-2012, 02:49 PM         #10
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pakchoy said:
Lol that's why i refuse to jump on twitter. You say one thing or a tasteless joke and it gets all blown out of proportion.
Son... my cousin says fuhked up sh*t about white people all the time on twitter. And as soon as some white person gets at him all his homeboys gang up on the white cat! lol
Its fuhked up, but I cant front...

that sh*t funny as hell!

That n*gga was snappin' on homos3xuals the other week and went IN when this gay dude responded! I gotta snapshot that sh*t cause it was too much!
 07-25-2012, 02:51 PM         #11
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why do white people look past racism that done by your race so much? Yall make all kind of excuses, but let someone else of color say something even remotely racist and you fu*kers are down their throat calling them the worst thing to ever walk the earth.
 07-25-2012, 04:28 PM         #12
Apostrophe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ManWithoutFear! said:
Son... my cousin says fuhked up sh*t about white people all the time on twitter. And as soon as some white person gets at him all his homeboys gang up on the white cat! lol

that sh*t funny as hell!

That n*gga was snappin' on homos3xuals the other week and went IN when this gay dude responded! I gotta snapshot that sh*t cause it was too much!
Too bad your friend will be totally fu*ked the next time he applies for a job. First thing they check now is your fb and twitter pages.
 5 years ago '10        #13
Staszy 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$2,425 | Props total: 3 3
 Dos-effect said:
Why do white people look past racism that done by your race so much? Yall make all kind of excuses, but let someone else of color say something even remotely racist and you fu*kers are down their throat calling them the worst thing to ever walk the earth.
Dos-effect you only look for the wrong in caucasians.. FOH.
 5 years ago '08        #14
Nut-In-Honeys 10 heat pts10
space
space
$6,025 | Props total: 5810 5810
 WordOnThaStreet said:
really? so if i a group of white people come over my house its alright to tweet "white folks comin over tonight..... at least their lice can jump on my dogs and live on something clean for once

its no racist right
no your joke is hilarious but its also more racist than what she said.

Your joke implies that white people are dirty. Her joke didn't say anything negative about Africans. Unless you consider getting bit my mosquitoes, that bite people regardless of race, to be racist.
 5 years ago '11        #15
Gatorfan2611 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,255 | Props total: 1574 1574
take yo a.ss home bi*ch. and i hope she contracts west nile while she's there
 07-25-2012, 04:53 PM         #16
DigitalMartian 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ManWithoutFear! said:

that sh*t funny as hell!

lmao post the snapshot, what ya boy twitter, ill follow him for a few laughs
 5 years ago '04        #17
Young Fab 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,510 | Props total: 6186 6186
Man she don't deserve that sh*t. The sh*t was a joke, why people always gotta get so bent outta shape because of WORDS??? The bi*ch ain't hurt nobody, the bi*ch ain't commit no crime, the bi*ch made a joke(and the sh*t was funny). Why people get offended is beyond me in the first place. Being offended = Dumbest sh*t in the world
 5 years ago '04        #18
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,644 | Props total: 2649 2649
She bad as fu*k.
 07-25-2012, 05:30 PM         #19
WordOnThaStreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nut-In-Honeys said:
no your joke is hilarious but its also more racist than what she said.

Your joke implies that white people are dirty. Her joke didn't say anything negative about Africans. Unless you consider getting bit my mosquitoes, that bite people regardless of race, to be racist.
she implied that the mosquitoes are either following the Africans to Greece or that they're bringing them along like a dog infested with fleas. No african would laugh @ some ignorance like that, or matter of fact ,try going up to any black person and repeating that joke and wait for the reaction. If you think its okay thats fine but to sit here and say that a joke based on race wasn't racist sounds like a strong case of denial.
 5 years ago '04        #20
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,129 | Props total: 780 780
 Pakchoy said:
but you're a nobody though, who's gonna care what you say?
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
260 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
29 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
43 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
102 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
96 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
38 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy