most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
20 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
43 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 5 years ago '08        #41
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
$45,583 | Props total: 17257 17257
 jaycee said:
Ross is proof that its not about age ..dude is in his 30's
He ain't sh*t to this game punk a.ss bi*ch, NEVER WENT PLAT, YAYO has sold more then him
 07-24-2012, 10:30 PM         #42
!LL MuZ!k  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LOONATIK said:
Yea, age is only part of the it. I feel premo but in my eyes its about the love, respect for the game. n*ggas these days swear they being original lol, and when you say something they don't like you're a hater. Its a different world today.
I agree. I honestly I think were in a point where you CAN be successful @ a later age see eminem /kanye coming out in late 20's and Busta, Jay-Z and others still being relevant.

But I agree with the respect/full understanding side.

The majority of this new generation doesn't have a foundation like the previous ones so they don't even understand what creative/original/grounded is. They group when we were pushing all this superficial sh*t, so that's what they base off of.

I blame EVERYONE. Olde generations for not instilling these values and exposing them to it. And youngsters for being lazy and not trying to have a solid foundation and going off the next man.

My 2 cents

Last edited by !LL MuZ!k; 07-24-2012 at 10:33 PM..
 07-24-2012, 10:40 PM         #43
YOUNGZERO  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hip-hop and it's listeners are in a mid-life crisis.

To the older heads, it's all a re-run. Anything these new rappers are talking about are things we've heard a million times over.

Corporate radio is never a necessary evil, it's what makes all these dumbass kids go to clubs and request music they KNOW.

You can't even dance properly to hip-hop, it's all grinding and nothing else. If you're without a girl, you're standing on the wall.

The youth want that Rave sh*t, but corporate radio is also in on making that sh*t mainstream with kids only wanting to hear the popular electro bullsh*t.

hip-hop just needs to face death and accept it, it'll go away like 80's music and 70's, to the 50's and so forth.

Even if I hear a good underground hip-hop song, the replay value really isn't there for me.

The real music listeners have left hip-hop altogether and found other genres that free the spirit. Prison culture hip-hop has ruined hip-hop. I don't give a fu*k how hard a rapper is anymore, I'm not 16 and impressionable anymore.
 5 years ago '06        #44
Down-N-H-Town 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,630 | Props total: 602 602
 The N said:
He ain't sh*t to this game punk a.ss bi*ch, NEVER WENT PLAT, YAYO has sold more then him
Ross ain't nothing to the game? Not a lot of people putting quality out nowadays. He's holding it up with Kanye and Wayne. I'm not a Wayne fan but there's nobody more popular.
 5 years ago '04        #45
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
$16,488 | Props total: 6656 6656
 marcusaka50 said:
I promise you will not listen to that album 10yrs from now.

Its good album but to me 2-3 months from now I will forget all about it.

hiphop is just different that other genres.

its all about staying relevant on a year to year basics for hiphop.

you gotta make music to what the younger people as well as the old fan base will listen to.

Jayz/Nas make relevant music.

They don't make sade/maxwell music like take a decade off.

HipHop artist can't take 5yrs off and comeback strong like they never left.

They can't step outside the box.

Its young man game.

Now they can step outside the box but its all about record sells so they won't.

I can't hate on that.
if you cant appreciate that album enough to listen to the real lyricism and thought and poetic skill in that album then thats your issue bruh....you have to actually LOVE the art and culture of it.
 07-25-2012, 12:09 AM         #46
Ether Boy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I feel sorry for little kids
 07-25-2012, 12:25 AM         #47
P Griff  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Phoenix said:
Didn't read because Bumpy Knuckles is trash

Opinions voided.
 5 years ago '12        #48
Pleasure Boy 1256 heat pts1256
space
space
$10,009 | Props total: 4962 4962
I dont reali blame age for the current state of HipHop but there are some simpleminded mafucckas that dont know any thing other than YMCMB/MMG/GOOD MUSIC... Thing is in the mid 2000's radio, tv, internet websites became focussed on who they choose to be hot and the public could do nothing but accept whatever they were being forced to watch or listen to. Radio now a days consists of 10-15 songs being rotated right through the day back in the day it wasnt like that... Thats the main fucckin reason that i dont like an artist like Ross no matter how hard they try to forcefeed the public to like him the evidence is in the feedback he gets when he drops his music

Back in the day the public decided what songs they want to listen to on the radio now the Dj decide for you coz of the checks that they receive behind the scenes, this is the era where bullsh*t lyrics dont matter anymore coz its overshadowed with a good beat and the undying loyalty of a dicckriding fan who doesnt giva fucck what they fav artist drop its still dope coz he's name is on it

I'm jus glad i was here during the golden era, atleast i experienced hiphop when it was at its finest
 5 years ago '04        #49
Khazano 
space
space
$2,397 | Props total: 115 115
 jaycee said:
Ross is proof that its not about age ..dude is in his 30's
Ross is also proof that everything I loved about Hip-Hop... Even the gangster rap genre, which is Ross's bread n better... Has become nothing but a fu*king corporate joke.
 5 years ago '12        #50
gizzle 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,233 | Props total: 835 835
 Bandito said:
I think one thing that Premo said that's overlooked is this"

The area we’re from is really the original area because before there was any scratching and cutting we
were enjoying R&B, soul, jazz, rock, pop, new wave music, everything you could think of,” DJ Premier
explained. “Everything that channeled into it becoming what it is now. So my respect for it is way more
different than the average Hip Hop so called fan, emcee, DJ, whatever that’s involved in it now that’s
at a younger age.

The kids in Hip Hop now have grown up only listening to Rap or Hip Hop tinged R&B.
Where do they get their inspiration to take Hip Hop to the next level. You're left
with a art form that's very repetitive and derivative. You have a rapper come out
with a hit one week and there's 20 coming out just like him the next.
co-sign a million times Bandito
been loving freddie foxxx since 19naughtyIII!!!!

5 years ago '06        #51
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,697 | Props total: 8660 8660
 Cutty Olds said:
if you cant appreciate that album enough to listen to the real lyricism and thought and poetic skill in that album then thats your issue bruh....you have to actually LOVE the art and culture of it.
I said its a good album never said it wasn't good.

My personal opinion it didn't make me feel anything like when I first heard illmatic, stillmatic, I am, and it was written.

I love the art form and the culture of music period.

Nas didn't come with anything new just something good but not great.

it is what it is.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
129 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
104 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
61 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
181 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
91 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy