Nets market their 'Core Four'; want to 'own Brooklyn,' not worried about Knicks

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
45 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #1
5737 pageviews
85 comments

Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
Nets market their 'Core Four'; want to 'own Brooklyn,' not worried about Knicks

The Brooklyn Nets are introducing their fans to the "Core Four."

The Nets unveiled a "Hello Brooklyn" marketing campaign featuring Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Brook Lopez and Gerald Wallace on Monday in their new borough.

The campaign features advertisements of the stars, along with a personalized message that "enables fans to learn more about their hometown team," according to a press release.

"We are delighted to continue building a connection between Brooklynites and the players on their new home team," Nets CEO Brett Yormark said in a statement. "This phase of the 'Hello Brooklyn' campaign is a creative way for the players to share something about themselves in advance of their debut at Barclays Center this fall.

"It's clear from the big crowd at our recent public celebration at Borough Hall Plaza, as well as our successful ticket and merchandise sales, that the borough is excited for their Brooklyn Nets. We're thrilled to be part of the community as we get ready for opening night."

Examples of the ads include:

• "Hello Brooklyn. I'm #8, Deron Williams, three-time NBA All-Star and father of four."

• "Hello Brooklyn, I'm #7, Joe Johnson, six-time NBA All-Star and lifelong Razorback."

• "Hello Brooklyn, I'm #11, Brook Lopez, 20-point scorer and Batman's biggest fan."

• "Hello Brooklyn, I'm #45, Gerald Wallace, All-NBA Defender and offseason fisherman."

• "Hello Brooklyn, I'm #43, Kris Humphries, lucky Jay didn't drop me from the team."

Billboards will also be put up at the following locations (among others): on the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway; by the Manhattan Bridge; Atlantic Avenue and Eastern Parkway; Kings Highway and Utica Avenue; 86th Street and 4th Avenue; and Surf Avenue.

The campaign will also include digital and social media components and "subway station domination signage" -- which begins in August.

The "Hello Brooklyn" marketing campaign is the second phase of a three-part campaign before the team begins playing in the $1 billion Barclays Center. The campaign began when the Nets unveiled their new brand identity -- including their new logo and color scheme -- on April 30.

"This one now is the launch, just, as I like to say, 'Putting the fame to the name,' " Nets chief marketing officer Fred Mangione said. "Now that we know what our team looks like, and we made all the signings, basketball operations did what they needed to do to put a great team on the court, and we're now putting names to the faces where the borough will have a chance to get excited about this new team in their area."

The Nets will now be battling the New York Knicks for the allegiances of fans in the metropolitan area.

"Our goal is to own Brooklyn," Mangione said. "We want to turn the Brooklyn Nets into a global brand, so it's not just in the tri-state area, but it's globally and internationally. But we try not to get caught up in (Nets vs. Knicks). We leave that to the fans and the writers to get into that.

"We have a long ways to go. We have to win some ballgames and we have to get the people in the market excited about us, and we think this is the first step towards it."

Since Williams tweeted that he was staying with the Nets on July 3, the team has sold more than 2,500 full season tickets, according to a team spokesman.

In the offseason, Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov has invested over $300 million dollars into the roster -- approximately $287 million of which will go to Williams (five years, $98 million), Johnson (four years, $89 million), Lopez (four years, $60 million) and Wallace (four years, $40 million), a.ssuming they stay throughout the duration of their contracts.

[pic - click to view]

Brooklyn Nets introducing borough to team's 'Core Four' - ESPN New York

[pic - click to view]

85 comments for "Nets market their 'Core Four'; want to 'own Brooklyn,' not worried about Knicks"

5 years ago '10        #2
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,898 | Props total: 21171 21171
"Hello Brooklyn, I'm #43, Kris Humphries, lucky Jay didn't drop me from the team."

That could actually go well with people though, it's pretty funny lol.

But if the Nyets want to "take over" Brooklyn go right ahead. With this stupid a.ss generation damn near everywhere I go will be filled of bandwagon a.ss fu*kboys & plus y'all still gonna be little brother no matter what type of success comes from that team.
 5 years ago '09        #3
BrooklynStiles 82 heat pts82
space
space
$10,450 | Props total: 8556 8556
• "Hello Brooklyn. I'm #8, Deron Williams, the new king of NY, choclate-milk smacker and LALA smasher
 5 years ago '11        #4
Joseph 13 heat pts13
space
space
$24,140 | Props total: 6409 6409
 BrookLynnStiles said:
• "Hello Brooklyn. I'm #8, Deron Williams, the new king of NY, choclate-milk smacker and LALA smasher
at chocolate milk smacker
 5 years ago '05        #5
dahabi 90 heat pts90
space
space
$10,759 | Props total: 1240 1240
Is the humphries one real?
 5 years ago '08        #6
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269 OP
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
 dahabi said:
Is the humphries one real?
no
 5 years ago '06        #7
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,519 | Props total: 17971 17971
That hump one should be real

Brook Lopez is such a lame lol
 5 years ago '04        #8
U.B.HiRM 31 heat pts31
space
space
$12,210 | Props total: 481 481
 5 years ago '10        #9
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$26,614 | Props total: 30586 30586

These lames won't win 40 games.
 5 years ago '09        #10
BrooklynStiles 82 heat pts82
space
space
$10,450 | Props total: 8556 8556
 Agentzer0oo0 said:

But if the Nyets want to "take over" Brooklyn go right ahead. With this stupid a.ss generation damn near everywhere I go will be filled of bandwagon a.ss fu*kboys & plus y'all still gonna be little brother no matter what type of success comes from that team.
congrats on your first post on a nets thread yet again

"big brother"? :deronpause: WTF you blabbering about this time?

the Knicks is that older brother that lives at home w/ mommy, collects allowance and still touches himself to prono
 5 years ago '05        #11
TattooedMPsz 50 heat pts50
space
space
$25,384 | Props total: 8064 8064
 SmoothTay said:

These lames won't win 40 games.
the knicks didnt win 40 games last year bricks tossed

Last edited by TattooedMPsz; 07-23-2012 at 04:35 PM..
 07-23-2012, 04:30 PM         #12
Lannister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Agentzer0oo0 said:

Little brother?

The Knicks are the nets little sister.

And it's "nets". Stop trying to be clever.
 07-23-2012, 04:32 PM         #13
Lannister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Oh yeah Amex left the Knicks to go with the nets

When the Knicks lose, they lose.
 5 years ago '04        #14
Menace718 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,611 | Props total: 722 722
 mrballer23 said:
Little brother?

Yes little brother, for whatever reason I took the time to explain it in the other Knicks related thread when the Nets were brought up for no reason. Go fish dude....
 07-23-2012, 04:35 PM         #15
Lannister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Menace718 said:
Yes little brother, for whatever reason I took the time to explain it in the other Knicks related thread when the Nets were brought up for no reason. Go fish dude....

Post it here. I would love to read it.
 5 years ago '10        #16
space
space
 BrookLynnStiles said:
congrats on your first post on a nets thread yet again

"big brother"? :deronpause: WTF you blabbering about this time?

the Knicks is that older brother that lives at home w/ mommy, collects allowance and still touches himself to prono
 mrballer23 said:
Little brother?

When I say little brother I'm not saying that as in we're better than you in a superior way I'm saying as in we've been here first, NY is always linked to the Knicks first & even if you guys win a title or two or three people will still think NY is Knicks town. Let's be real when y'all made it to the Finals who did people care about?

Exactly.

And Stiles shut your dumb a.ss up, you used to be a Knicks fan your damn self, you have no room to talk.

And Dex I've been saying Nyets for the longest and will continue saying it, when Prok sells his shares to somebody then I'll stop saying it
 5 years ago '04        #17
Menace718 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,611 | Props total: 722 722
 mrballer23 said:
Post it here. I would love to read it.
Read the above post, it basically says what I posted in the other one
 5 years ago '06        #18
Bouncer 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$17,902 | Props total: 1213 1213
 Agentzer0oo0 said:

As soon as they start finishing ahead of the Knicks (this year) they will no longer b the little brother
 5 years ago '10        #19
space
space
 Bouncer said:

As soon as they start finishing ahead of the Knicks (this year) they will no longer b the little brother
You're not getting it homie lol, even if they finish ahead they'll still be little brother. If they couldn't get out of that shadow when they got to the finals back to back last decade what makes you think things will change now

That 18-25 age group ain't gonna change sh*t cuz once the Nyets start playing sh*tty they'll hop on the Thunder/Heat d!ck
 5 years ago '07        #20
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 TattooedMPsz said:
the knicks didnt win 40 games last year bricks tossed
it was a 66 game season u fu*k boy and we switched coaches
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
81 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
147 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy