DaOmega_1 reviews "The Dark Knight Rises"

most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
88 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
197 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
17 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
80 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #161
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,815 | Props total: 1845 1845
 BROOKLYNSTANDUP said:
I def agree that it was needed for the Bane scene but I think one that having Bane come out of the shadows and break Batman under the waterfall would have blown anything from that scene. I felt that Batman would have never trusted a thief like Selina Kyle to take him to Bane it seemed to easy. Once Bane said Bruce Wayne do you think Batman was surprised? That made him seem like a dumb a.ss in that whole part. Second it was necessary for his relationship with Selina, but putting her in the movie was unnecessary because he was forced to create their relationship and in the end who really gave a sh*t about them? Yea she looked fu*king hot, but it wasn't needed and Nolan had to change things to add her in. It was the League of Shadows vs. Batman. Started that way, ended that way.

Batman had just fought off Bane's goons with her side by side and escaped, he was under the impression that she was on the run from Bane's men. He underestimated her fear of Bane which is what got him into that situation. I honesty dont think it would be hard to imagine him making that mistake, It's easy to say as the audience that you saw it coming after you saw it come. like they say hindsight is 20/20. Either way Batman WANTED to find Bane and was the one who asked Selina to bring him to him, it was a bunch of understandable mistakes he made including underestimating Bane's strength and skill since Bane didn't really need anyone else or even the confinement of Batman to beat him. Even if Catwoman didn't lock him in , he would've still got his a$$ handed to him one on one. Catwoman locking him in just gave the situation more depth which benefited the plot and her own character progression which I thought was all a good call.

I dont think putting Selina in was unnecessary and it wasn't forced. She was an essential part to the fulfillment of Alfred's dream and Bruce's happiness. Alfred wanted Bruce to end up with a life after Batman as well as a female companion to share it with. Having her next to Bruce at the end is integral in not only fulfilling that dream but also giving closure to the audience knowing it's just THAT more likely that Bruce found complete happiness in the ending. I also think it makes it more admirable to the audience that it wasn't some rich socialite (Talia) or someone else who grew up privileged (Rachel) but rather someone else with a hard and troubled past who like Bruce is trying to leave a former life behind. It makes their pairing that much more "right" IMO because you're happy for Bruce for escaping the burden of Batman to find happiness and you're happy for Selina for escaping her own past to find happiness.

Last edited by psylence2k; 07-23-2012 at 11:01 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #162
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,081 | Props total: 4427 4427
 psylence2k said:
Batman had just fought off Bane's goons with her side by side and escaped, he was under the impression that she was on the run from Bane's men. He underestimated her fear of Bane which is what got him into that situation. I honesty dont think it would be hard to imagine him making that mistake, It's easy to say as the audience that you saw it coming after you saw it come. like they say hindsight is 20/20. Either way Batman WANTED to find Bane and was the one who asked Selina to bring him to him, it was a bunch of understandable mistakes he made including underestimating Bane's strength and skill since Bane didn't really need anyone else or even the confinement of Batman to beat him. Even if Catwoman didn't lock him in , he would've still got his a$$ handed to him one on one. Catwoman locking him in just gave the situation more depth which benefited the plot and her own character progression which I thought was all a good call.

I dont think putting Selina in was unnecessary and it wasn't forced. She was an essential part to the fulfillment of Alfred's dream and Bruce's happiness. Alfred wanted Bruce to end up with a life after Batman as well as a female companion to share it with. Having her next to Bruce at the end is integral in not only fulfilling that dream but also giving closure to the audience knowing it's just THAT more likely that Bruce found complete happiness in the ending. I also think it makes it more admirable to the audience that it wasn't some rich socialite (Talia) or someone else who grew up privileged (Rachel) but rather someone else with a hard and troubled past who like Bruce is trying to leave a former life behind. It makes their pairing that much more "right" IMO because you're happy for Bruce for escaping the burden of Batman to find happiness and you're happy for Selina for escaping her own past to find happiness.
they could have not had the twist and achieved the exact same thing

the twist was pointless and it actually weakened bane turning him into essentially a hired goon
 5 years ago '04        #163
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 MosDefinition said:
they could have not had the twist and achieved the exact same thing

the twist was pointless and it actually weakened bane turning him into essentially a hired goon
What twist are you talking about ?? It sounds like you're talking about Bane being under Talia's command, which my post which you quoted has nothing to do with.
 5 years ago '04        #164
space
space
 psylence2k said:
What twist are you talking about ?? It sounds like you're talking about Bane being under Talia's command, which my post which you quoted has nothing to do with.
they could have had "talia" be the love interest he already fu*ked her and they were leaning in that direction until she became the magical jumping 6 year old

also how old is bane then whats he like 50 in this movie
 5 years ago '04        #165
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 MosDefinition said:
they could have had "talia" be the love interest he already fu*ked her and they were leaning in that direction until she became the magical jumping 6 year old

No Way man, that would've changed ALOT

- you would lose the closer connection to Ra's Al Ghul bringing the trilogy full circle in a better way.

- Talia was too boring and bland when she was the "good girl" she only got interesting when she revealed who she truly was and what she was trying to do. Being Wayne's permanent love interest would've made that whole aspect ALOT more dull since Miranda wasn't interesting at all until she became Talia.

- Catwoman's past and interaction in the movie with Bruce makes her a more interesting pairing and it gives her more significance in having her throughout the whole movie because she eventually meets a purpose in the end. It makes her involvement in the movie that much more integral. Switching Selina for Miranda would've made the "romantic" aspect of the movie more boring and shallow since Miranda (not Talia) was boring and shallow, it would've also made Catwoman's character seem alot more unnecessary since she wouldn't have been a factor in Bruce Wayne's progression.

- You also need to remember that Bane found the reactor with the nuclear core because of Talia. Also alot of the infiltration Bane was able to do was because Talia was the intermediary spy on the Wayne Enterprises executive board the whole movie.

- There would be no Talia to stab Wayne and reveal to him the true history of Ra's past/the child in the pit/ Bane's past. That moment was very climactic IMO.

- The twist itself was just bada$$ IMO, and everything involved in it was one of the best example of Nolan's writing in the movie. At the moment I can't really think of any better twist in the movie.

Everything just works better that way, I dont know how you could imagine taking Talia and having her be Miranda the whole movie and replace Selina. It changes ALOT in the movie, specifically in the ending which we all agree is the best part.
 5 years ago '09        #166
circleofpurple 58 heat pts58
space
space
$7,913 | Props total: 14050 14050
 MosDefinition said:

I was wondering about banes age as well.
 5 years ago '04        #167
space
space
 psylence2k said:
No Way man, that would've changed ALOT

- you would lose the closer connection to Ra's Al Ghul bringing the trilogy full circle in a better way.

- Talia was too boring and bland when she was the "good girl" she only got interesting when she revealed who she truly was and what she was trying to do. Being Wayne's permanent love interest would've made that whole aspect ALOT more dull since Miranda wasn't interesting at all until she became Talia.

- Catwoman's past and interaction in the movie with Bruce makes her a more interesting pairing and it gives her more significance in having her throughout the whole movie because she eventually meets a purpose in the end. It makes her involvement in the movie that much more integral. Switching Selina for Miranda would've made the "romantic" aspect of the movie more boring and shallow since Miranda (not Talia) was boring and shallow, it would've also made Catwoman's character seem alot more unnecessary since she wouldn't have been a factor in Bruce Wayne's progression.

- You also need to remember that Bane found the reactor with the nuclear core because of Talia. Also alot of the infiltration Bane was able to do was because Talia was the intermediary spy on the Wayne Enterprises executive board the whole movie.

- There would be no Talia to stab Wayne and reveal to him the true history of Ra's past/the child in the pit/ Bane's past. That moment was very climactic IMO.

- The twist itself was just bada$$ IMO, and everything involved in it was one of the best example of Nolan's writing in the movie. At the moment I can't really think of any better twist in the movie.

Everything just works better that way, I dont know how you could imagine taking Talia and having her be Miranda the whole movie and replace Selina. It changes ALOT in the movie, specifically in the ending which we all agree is the best part.
you dont lose the aspect of rhas al ghul especially if banes is rhas al ghul son like we were lead to believe

because before the twist i was thinking holy sh*t if the league of a.ssassins kicked bane out then he must even more fu*ked up then we could imagine. i mean its his own son and he kicked him out

is it even a coincidence that after the twist bane seemed to lose every f!ghting skill he had before hand

catwoman just seemed to be there to save the day at opportune times uh oh bruce waynes about to get shot in the face lets bring back catwoman. uh oh bruce wayne wheres gloves where ever he goes the only place to get his thumb print is his safe

also talia was hiding with those people the entire time they had every intention of just letting the bomb count down for all those months what the fu*k were they waiting for the intention was for the bomb to go off to destroy gotham talia was going to k!ll everyone in gotham so they wait the entire 3 months so the bomb would go off any way to punish batman

why wait they could have set it off after a month same affect.

also how the fu*k did bruce wayne get back into gotham

the more i sit back and think about it the more of a mess this movie becomes
 5 years ago '11        #168
Aces Up 43 heat pts43
space
space
$3,426 | Props total: 752 752
Just got back from seeing the best storytelling film of the year thus far. Some obvious plotholes, but a solid ending to the trilogy. I'll fu*k and around and see it again later this week.
 5 years ago '04        #169
space
space
 circleofpurple said:
I was wondering about banes age as well.
exactly im gonna say conservatively talia was what 25 which is probably ridiculous but lets go with 25 so its about 19 or 20 years since she was the magical gymnast child who was able to make the jump because she had no rope but thats beside the point

banes gotta be at least in his early to mid 20s when hes saving talia so banes in his what early 40s
 5 years ago '09        #170
circleofpurple 58 heat pts58
space
space
$7,913 | Props total: 14050 14050
 MosDefinition said:
exactly im gonna say conservatively talia was what 25 which is probably ridiculous but lets go with 25 so its about 19 or 20 years since she was the magical gymnast child who was able to make the jump because she had no rope but thats beside the point

banes gotta be at least in his early to mid 20s when hes saving talia so banes in his what early 40s
Atleast. Say bane was 20 when talia made it out. And she's at the very least 20 years older now. This is one of the problems I have with Nolan on some of his films, he's not good at portraying time on screen.

I'm also wondering about banes origin too. They reveal at the end that its talia who was born in hell on earth. But Alfred said that in the beginning of the movie about bane. Throughout the movie it's thought that bane is the one born there, he evens says during his first f!ght with batman that he was born in darkness and didn't see the light till he was a man. So where is bane from? How did he get in that prison? Where is this darkness he was born in if not the prison?
 5 years ago '04        #171
space
space

[spoiler - click to view]

had to be one of if not the worst most laughable scene in this entire movie

i think im done because now im nit picking to the point where it seems like i didnt like this movie which i really did
 5 years ago '04        #172
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 MosDefinition said:
you dont lose the aspect of rhas al ghul especially if banes is rhas al ghul son like we were lead to believe

because before the twist i was thinking holy sh*t if the league of a.ssassins kicked bane out then he must even more fu*ked up then we could imagine. i mean its his own son and he kicked him out

is it even a coincidence that after the twist bane seemed to lose every f!ghting skill he had before hand

catwoman just seemed to be there to save the day at opportune times uh oh bruce waynes about to get shot in the face lets bring back catwoman. uh oh bruce wayne wheres gloves where ever he goes the only place to get his thumb print is his safe

also talia was hiding with those people the entire time they had every intention of just letting the bomb count down for all those months what the fu*k were they waiting for the intention was for the bomb to go off to destroy gotham talia was going to k!ll everyone in gotham so they wait the entire 3 months so the bomb would go off any way to punish batman

why wait they could have set it off after a month same affect.

also how the fu*k did bruce wayne get back into gotham

the more i sit back and think about it the more of a mess this movie becomes

a daughter avenging her father is more intriguing to me than Bane doing it as his son, maybe it's because of the closer bond that girls have with their fathers, similar to a son and his mother. It's also more intriguing because Talia is just Talia, a scrawny little girl who masterminded the whole thing.

I truly believe Bane was never kicked out because he was too extreme, matter of fact the movie pretty much tells you that wasn't the real reason. How can someone be too extreme to a group who wants to wipe out entire cities ?? He was kicked out because Ras didn't condone his attraction to Talia for whatever reason. That's why Talia says at the end " His only crime was loving me ". Ra's used the "he was too extreme" thing as an excuse.

and Bane didn't lose any f!ghting skills after the twist. Before the twist even appeared he was laying on his back with Batman's hands gripped around his throat, then here comes Talia with the knife and the twist. Bane was already pretty much defeated before the twist even appeared.
 5 years ago '04        #173
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 MosDefinition said:

circleofpurple said:
Atleast. Say bane was 20 when talia made it out. And she's at the very least 20 years older now. This is one of the problems I have with Nolan on some of his films, he's not good at portraying time on screen.

I'm also wondering about banes origin too. They reveal at the end that its talia who was born in hell on earth. But Alfred said that in the beginning of the movie about bane. Throughout the movie it's thought that bane is the one born there, he evens says during his first f!ght with batman that he was born in darkness and didn't see the light till he was a man. So where is bane from? How did he get in that prison? Where is this darkness he was born in if not the prison?

1. I dont think we know Talia's age when she escapes, that little girl could've been as old as 12, we also dont know Bane's age, his face is veiled so for all we know he could've been 16. That's only a 4 year difference. I really dont know where you guys get that she has to be 6 and Bane has to be 20 something.

2. Why couldn't Bane have been born in the prison as well ?? In the comics he's born in a prison (not one in India but the Carribean). It's probably the reason why Bane was so protective of Talia because they shared the same life from birth.
 5 years ago '09        #174
jerryballa 
space
space
$1,585 | Props total: 0 0
 5 years ago '04        #175
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,773 | Props total: 251 251
it was better than tdk imo. heath ledger carried tdk, if it wasnt for his performance it would be only a half star better than batman begins. tdkr everyone seemed to bring their "A" game, even bale whos performance as batman in bb and tdk seemed pale in comparison to even val kilmer. his performance in tdkr was on point with the goat micheal keaton.
 5 years ago '04        #176
KREW 25 heat pts25
space
space
$6,048 | Props total: 4840 4840
Maybe there will be a director's cut with some of the plot holes explained.. I think the movie had to be 2 hr 45 min because IMAX films have a certain time limit.
 5 years ago '05        #177
meepos 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,551 | Props total: 26 26
 Frank Hampton said:
One thing I didn't like about this movie is how much of a bi*ch Bane looks like by the end of the movie. For the first 2/3 of the movie he's fu*king k!lling it as the main villain.

Another part is that it didn't seem like Bane was really terrorizing Gotham.

There didn't really seem to be that same sense of desperation as it was in TDK except from Bruce's Perspective.

I like TDK more than this one but this one is still straight.
because SHE was the true villain of the movie, after the reveal you realize that Bane was just hired muscle.
 5 years ago '05        #178
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 psylence2k said:
I truly believe Bane was never kicked out because he was too extreme, matter of fact the movie pretty much tells you that wasn't the real reason. How can someone be too extreme to a group who wants to wipe out entire cities ?? He was kicked out because Ras didn't condone his attraction to Talia for whatever reason. That's why Talia says at the end " His only crime was loving me ". Ra's used the "he was too extreme" thing as an excuse.

Nah b, like I said in another thread, I think the problem with Bane is that he didnt want to keep everything on the low. The League operates in the shadows, they dont have stand offs with the president. Bane had the same societal beliefs as the League, but he wanted to operate differently and do whatever it took, even if it means exposure. Ras didnt operate like that.

And anybody thinking Bane was just a goon is not paying attention to the overall story.

Last edited by Bobby's World; 07-24-2012 at 08:35 AM..
 07-24-2012, 08:37 AM         #179
endless lies 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Okay... Going back and seeing the movie again (on a Hindi-language bootleg ) another problem with the climactic f!ght scene between the mercs and the cops, bro, the mercs had a.ssault rifles while no cop was carrying anything more than a pistol. Foley may have gone out with an a.ssault rifle, but he came into the battle with a pistol.

I mean come on. You had AT LEAST a dozen people in the front of the line just opening fire w/ full auto while the cops are just lamb to slaughter. NO WAY would the cops have gotten anywhere near those guys.

That was an incredibly huge flaw with the movie. You can't cut to random scenes whenever you like and just say "oh, well _______ all happened while the camera wasn't looking". Bullsh*t.

Last edited by endless lies; 07-24-2012 at 08:40 AM..
 07-24-2012, 08:39 AM         #180
Bautmoney! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Joker > Bane

The Dark Knight > Dark Knight Rises

I like both films, but the Dark Knight was and is the best Batman Movie to date..

When people get over the hype of Rises they will see..
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
87 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
93 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC Watch Season 10 Teaser
56 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
4 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
71 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy