DaOmega_1 reviews "The Dark Knight Rises"

most viewed right now
 335
Kim Kardashian ethers Rhymefest!!
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 143
Who wrote the Duppy freestyle?
114 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 99
Article inside Reboot your router
9 comments
@tech
most viewed right now
 93
"I don't have to argue about how real I am" - Pusha T
103 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #141
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
avatar space
space
$34,673 | Props total: 1134 1134
Thanks Omega...... Great review as usual. Loved the movie, As you said TDK was the better film though.
 6 years ago '06        #142
chuckdirty 
space
space
space
$602 | Props total: 40 40
 TH35 said:

[spoiler - click to view]



That's fine that you were completely invested. I was too but I mean no film can bring me to cry or tear up, well not Batman. There were several scenes that I said damn this is AMAZING cinematography but just left it at that.
YOU sir have not seen Marley & Me lol
 6 years ago '05        #143
white-chocolate 125 heat pts125
space
avatar space
space
$15,617 | Props total: 1456 1456
thought it wasn't better but it was still a fu*king awesome movie
 6 years ago '06        #144
Poloboy69 
space
space
space
$2,280 | Props total: 411 411
Somebody help me out because i was lost in the film at the beginning! They were after bruce's fingerprints and how did gordan know bruce could get in touch with batman! Thats the sh*t that confused me. they only shared one scene together in the dark knight so i feel that sh*t was kinda odd. Bane knew who he was. Cat woman hearing bane call him Mr Wayne and towards the 2nd return of batman cat woman asking is your powerful friend envolved. it was just some points in the movie that wasnt adding up. then when batman told gordon bout the hanging a coat over a boys shoulder which was himself but still why did gordan sending the kid cop to wayne at first
 07-23-2012, 06:37 PM         #145
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]


Nolan da gawd?
 6 years ago '11        #146
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
avatar space
space
$14,251 | Props total: 2316 2316
One thing I didn't like about this movie is how much of a bi*ch Bane looks like by the end of the movie. For the first 2/3 of the movie he's fu*king k!lling it as the main villain.
[spoiler - click to view]



Another part is that it didn't seem like Bane was really terrorizing Gotham.
[spoiler - click to view]

There didn't really seem to be that same sense of desperation as it was in TDK except from Bruce's Perspective.

I like TDK more than this one but this one is still straight.
 6 years ago '05        #147
DaOmega_1 276 heat pts276 OP
space
avatar space
space
$14,270 | Props total: 5409 5409
 youknowmystelo said:


Nolan da gawd?
Like I've said about that video before...

If you have to SLOW DOWN the f*cking movie just to catch problems (that aren't really problems, because it doesn't affect how the scene plays in the slightest), then that's the VERY definition of nitpicking.

The scene still works for me, so I don't care.
 07-23-2012, 06:46 PM         #148
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
Like I've said about that video before...

If you have to SLOW DOWN the f*cking movie just to catch problems (that aren't really problems, because it doesn't affect how the scene plays in the slightest), then that's the VERY definition of nitpicking.

The scene still works for me, so I don't care.
Give Mr. Nolan a free pass. fu*kin' hypocrites.
 6 years ago '04        #149
GodsFavorite 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$9,299 | Props total: 3893 3893
 Poloboy69 said:
Somebody help me out because i was lost in the film at the beginning! They were after bruce's fingerprints and how did gordan know bruce could get in touch with batman! Thats the sh*t that confused me. they only shared one scene together in the dark knight so i feel that sh*t was kinda odd. Bane knew who he was. Cat woman hearing bane call him Mr Wayne and towards the 2nd return of batman cat woman asking is your powerful friend envolved. it was just some points in the movie that wasnt adding up. then when batman told gordon bout the hanging a coat over a boys shoulder which was himself but still why did gordan sending the kid cop to wayne at first
gordon didnt know that, john blake figured out who bruce was when he met him so he told him to go see gordon. he showed up in gordons hospital wearing a ski mask

cat womans second comment was sarcasm.

gordon didnt realize until the end
 6 years ago '06        #150
Honolulu Blue 33 heat pts33
space
avatar space
space
$17,780 | Props total: 1757 1757
Great review
 6 years ago '07        #151
st21 1376 heat pts1376
space
avatar space
space
$58,797 | Props total: 53350 53350
fu*k i knew i shouldn't have scrolled over that but i did anyways
 6 years ago '05        #152
dagame04 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,506 | Props total: 319 319
By the way hell of a review Da_Omega
 6 years ago '09        #153
circleofpurple 63 heat pts63
space
avatar space
space
$8,120 | Props total: 14988 14988
Just got back from my second viewing. Saw it in IMAX this time, and wow, I loved it! All the things I didn't like the first time around didn't seem to bother me this time. Excellent movie.
 6 years ago '05        #154
DaOmega_1 276 heat pts276 OP
space
avatar space
space
$14,270 | Props total: 5409 5409
 youknowmystelo said:
Give Mr. Nolan a free pass. fu*kin' hypocrites.
It's not a pass... These are things that almost NO ONE would notice. The scene didn't register as "bad" to me watching it, and it felt smooth. It never felt as clunky as the guy in the video seems to suggest.
 07-23-2012, 08:51 PM         #155
BROOKLYNSTANDUP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
After seeing this film two times I have two seperate feelings..

On one hand I loved the acting in the film. I loved the character development and the introduction of characters, especially Bane. The film itself is great looking and I was especially pleased that they decided to have Batman in broad day light which isn't seen very often in Batman films. It made it seem life-like more than ever. I also loved Batman's journey throughout the film. It definitely had the feeling of Batman Begins, where you feel his pain and his fear.

On the other hand I'm still extremely let down by the rest of the plot. It felt like a carbon copy of other action movies. I'm tired of Nuclear bombs going off in cities and heros miraculously saving the day by either bringing them to the ocean or k!lling themselves to save humanity. Its old and played out and I feel that Chris Nolan is so much more clever than that. TDK was not only amazing because of Heath Ledger, but because the criminal aspect of it was brilliant. You didn't know what to expect. Half way through this film I knew exactly what was going to happen. Second I think that Nolan blew a huge opportunity in this film by not having Bane break Batman in the Bat Cave. To see him being attacked in the one place he felt comfortable would have been a sight to see and it would have given a bigger meaning to the torture he was given. Last I think that Alfred should have been k!lled by Bane. It just seemed like a great fit with the emotion between Wayne and Alfred. The death of Rachel in TDK was a emotional part of TDK and this could have been as well. It just felt like Nolan was scared to break the mold on this one.

With this being said, I think TDKR was a satisfying way to end the trilogy. It does have it flaws but it was definetly a great ending to an amazing series.
 6 years ago '09        #156
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,514 | Props total: 292 292
the thing is i dont think bane actually died....they never showed his body or him afterwards
 6 years ago '10        #157
daviddunn 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$2,782 | Props total: 2 2
Good review....

two things..

One - This is basically Batman Begins...almost everything is directly related. from the Ghuls to plot twists to the time it takes to see Wayne in the Batman costume...prisoners released...citizens trapped in the city on a deadline...actual mastermind is revealed late after focus on secondary villian...etc etc...not that this is a bad thing...

Two - I thought Hardy's performance was great, but it was basically 2012 Darth Vader...not game changing like Ledger's performance...
 6 years ago '04        #158
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$25,842 | Props total: 5183 5183
 FappingFapstar said:
the thing is i dont think bane actually died....they never showed his body or him afterwards
he got shot in the chest by a goddamn missle

this isnt comic book on the venom bane hes just a regular guy

he dead

and now after reading brooklynstandup's opinion i just keep finding more and more sh*t that bother me about this movie they really did just take that bomb sh*t from a dozen other action movies
 6 years ago '04        #159
psylence2k 59 heat pts59
space
space
space
$13,038 | Props total: 2266 2266
 BROOKLYNSTANDUP said:
After seeing this film two times I have two seperate feelings..

On one hand I loved the acting in the film. I loved the character development and the introduction of characters, especially Bane. The film itself is great looking and I was especially pleased that they decided to have Batman in broad day light which isn't seen very often in Batman films. It made it seem life-like more than ever. I also loved Batman's journey throughout the film. It definitely had the feeling of Batman Begins, where you feel his pain and his fear.

On the other hand I'm still extremely let down by the rest of the plot. It felt like a carbon copy of other action movies. I'm tired of Nuclear bombs going off in cities and heros miraculously saving the day by either bringing them to the ocean or k!lling themselves to save humanity. Its old and played out and I feel that Chris Nolan is so much more clever than that. TDK was not only amazing because of Heath Ledger, but because the criminal aspect of it was brilliant. You didn't know what to expect. Half way through this film I knew exactly what was going to happen. Second I think that Nolan blew a huge opportunity in this film by not having Bane break Batman in the Bat Cave. To see him being attacked in the one place he felt comfortable would have been a sight to see and it would have given a bigger meaning to the torture he was given. Last I think that Alfred should have been k!lled by Bane. It just seemed like a great fit with the emotion between Wayne and Alfred. The death of Rachel in TDK was a emotional part of TDK and this could have been as well. It just felt like Nolan was scared to break the mold on this one.

With this being said, I think TDKR was a satisfying way to end the trilogy. It does have it flaws but it was definetly a great ending to an amazing series.

I understand what you're saying about the cliche bomb and Bane in the bat cave but only thing is

1. I honestly can't think of another way where it would make it feel Bruce would HAVE to sacrifice his life, and especially on such a large scale. Even though it was cliche, it worked better for this movie IMO then any other time it's been done since it fit the plot so well. I felt it was worth it to use that cliche plot piece in order to pull off such a great resolution. It was a worthy sacrifice IMO.

2. As far as your comparison to TDK, you gotta admit, the climax and ending to this was ALOT better than TDK.

3. I would have liked to see Bane break Bruce in the batcave too but I think the plot benefited more from Catwoman betraying him and leading him to Bane only to regret it and then have Bruce forgive her later in the movie and go on to form a relationship with her. It just worked better that way.

Also the part that made it just as good as Bane infiltrating the Bat cave or even better IMO was where Bane goes " Do you want to see where we've located our lair ?" and then explodes the ceiling to drop the tumblers down and goes " under your precious armory " and the look on Batman's face when Bane pulls this magic trick off is priceless. To me that right there was worth trading the batcave for the sewer, along with it being the catalyst for Bruce and Selina's relationship.
 07-23-2012, 09:34 PM         #160
BROOKLYNSTANDUP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
I understand what you're saying about the cliche bomb and Bane in the bat cave but only thing is

1. I honestly can't think of another way where it would make it feel Bruce would HAVE to sacrifice his life, and especially on such a large scale. Even though it was cliche, it worked better for this movie IMO then any other time it's been done since it fit the plot so well. I felt it was worth it to use that cliche plot piece in order to pull off such a great resolution. It was a worthy sacrifice IMO.

2. As far as your comparison to TDK, you gotta admit, the climax and ending to this was ALOT better than TDK.

3. I would have liked to see Bane break Bruce in the batcave too but I think the plot benefited more from Catwoman betraying him and leading him to Bane only to regret it and then have Bruce forgive her later in the movie and go on to form a relationship with her. It just worked better that way.

Also the part that made it just as good as Bane infiltrating the Bat cave or even better IMO was where Bane goes " Do you want to see where we've located our lair ?" and then explodes the ceiling to drop the tumblers down and goes " under your precious armory " and the look on Batman's face when Bane pulls this magic trick off is priceless. To me that right there was worth trading the batcave for the sewer, along with it being the catalyst for Bruce and Selina's relationship.
I def agree that it was needed for the Bane scene but I think one that having Bane come out of the shadows and break Batman under the waterfall would have blown anything from that scene. I felt that Batman would have never trusted a thief like Selina Kyle to take him to Bane it seemed to easy. Once Bane said Bruce Wayne do you think Batman was surprised? That made him seem like a dumb a.ss in that whole part. Second it was necessary for his relationship with Selina, but putting her in the movie was unnecessary because he was forced to create their relationship and in the end who really gave a sh*t about them? Yea she looked fu*king hot, but it wasn't needed and Nolan had to change things to add her in. It was the League of Shadows vs. Batman. Started that way, ended that way.


Last edited by BROOKLYNSTANDUP; 07-23-2012 at 09:37 PM..
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 65
The Carter III Documentary Waynes Lawyers Didn't Want Us To See! (Addiction,bi..
46 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 37
Video inside BREAKING - Chi Wire: MUBU Krump (The ScoreKeeper) DEAD !
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 30
#bigbreasttwitter
45 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 29
audio inside Drake - Duppy Freestyle
1335 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 25
Nicki Minaj Reveals She's Dating Eminem
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 21
Image(s) inside May 25 - Why Are California’s Legal Marijuana Sales So Low?
111 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 9
Video inside May 25 - Pablo Escobar’s hitman Popeye arrested in Colombia
42 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 9
Article inside He bought a woman drinks. She left him at bar — he broke into her hom..
47 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy