DaOmega_1 reviews "The Dark Knight Rises"

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
27 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
65 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
56 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #141
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
Thanks Omega...... Great review as usual. Loved the movie, As you said TDK was the better film though.
 5 years ago '06        #142
chuckdirty 
space
space
space
$589 | Props total: 13 13
 TH35 said:

[spoiler - click to view]

That's fine that you were completely invested. I was too but I mean no film can bring me to cry or tear up, well not Batman. There were several scenes that I said damn this is AMAZING cinematography but just left it at that.
YOU sir have not seen Marley & Me lol
 5 years ago '05        #143
white-chocolate 124 heat pts124
space
space
$15,502 | Props total: 1359 1359
thought it wasn't better but it was still a fu*king awesome movie
 5 years ago '06        #144
Poloboy69 
space
space
space
$2,232 | Props total: 346 346
Somebody help me out because i was lost in the film at the beginning! They were after bruce's fingerprints and how did gordan know bruce could get in touch with batman! Thats the sh*t that confused me. they only shared one scene together in the dark knight so i feel that sh*t was kinda odd. Bane knew who he was. Cat woman hearing bane call him Mr Wayne and towards the 2nd return of batman cat woman asking is your powerful friend envolved. it was just some points in the movie that wasnt adding up. then when batman told gordon bout the hanging a coat over a boys shoulder which was himself but still why did gordan sending the kid cop to wayne at first
 07-23-2012, 07:37 PM         #145
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

Nolan da gawd?
 5 years ago '11        #146
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
One thing I didn't like about this movie is how much of a bi*ch Bane looks like by the end of the movie. For the first 2/3 of the movie he's fu*king k!lling it as the main villain.

Another part is that it didn't seem like Bane was really terrorizing Gotham.

There didn't really seem to be that same sense of desperation as it was in TDK except from Bruce's Perspective.

I like TDK more than this one but this one is still straight.
 5 years ago '05        #147
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,848 | Props total: 4149 4149
 youknowmystelo said:

Nolan da gawd?
Like I've said about that video before...

If you have to SLOW DOWN the f*cking movie just to catch problems (that aren't really problems, because it doesn't affect how the scene plays in the slightest), then that's the VERY definition of nitpicking.

The scene still works for me, so I don't care.
 07-23-2012, 07:46 PM         #148
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
Like I've said about that video before...

If you have to SLOW DOWN the f*cking movie just to catch problems (that aren't really problems, because it doesn't affect how the scene plays in the slightest), then that's the VERY definition of nitpicking.

The scene still works for me, so I don't care.
Give Mr. Nolan a free pass. fu*kin' hypocrites.
 5 years ago '04        #149
GodsFavorite 101 heat pts101
space
space
space
$8,893 | Props total: 2956 2956
 Poloboy69 said:
Somebody help me out because i was lost in the film at the beginning! They were after bruce's fingerprints and how did gordan know bruce could get in touch with batman! Thats the sh*t that confused me. they only shared one scene together in the dark knight so i feel that sh*t was kinda odd. Bane knew who he was. Cat woman hearing bane call him Mr Wayne and towards the 2nd return of batman cat woman asking is your powerful friend envolved. it was just some points in the movie that wasnt adding up. then when batman told gordon bout the hanging a coat over a boys shoulder which was himself but still why did gordan sending the kid cop to wayne at first
gordon didnt know that, john blake figured out who bruce was when he met him so he told him to go see gordon. he showed up in gordons hospital wearing a ski mask

cat womans second comment was sarcasm.

gordon didnt realize until the end
 5 years ago '06        #150
Honolulu Blue 32 heat pts32
space
space
$17,453 | Props total: 1102 1102
Great review
 5 years ago '07        #151
st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
$55,578 | Props total: 43731 43731
fu*k i knew i shouldn't have scrolled over that but i did anyways
 5 years ago '05        #152
dagame04 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,394 | Props total: 238 238
By the way hell of a review Da_Omega
 5 years ago '09        #153
circleofpurple 58 heat pts58
space
space
$7,913 | Props total: 14050 14050
Just got back from my second viewing. Saw it in IMAX this time, and wow, I loved it! All the things I didn't like the first time around didn't seem to bother me this time. Excellent movie.
 5 years ago '05        #154
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,848 | Props total: 4149 4149
 youknowmystelo said:
Give Mr. Nolan a free pass. fu*kin' hypocrites.
It's not a pass... These are things that almost NO ONE would notice. The scene didn't register as "bad" to me watching it, and it felt smooth. It never felt as clunky as the guy in the video seems to suggest.
 07-23-2012, 09:51 PM         #155
BROOKLYNSTANDUP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
After seeing this film two times I have two seperate feelings..

On one hand I loved the acting in the film. I loved the character development and the introduction of characters, especially Bane. The film itself is great looking and I was especially pleased that they decided to have Batman in broad day light which isn't seen very often in Batman films. It made it seem life-like more than ever. I also loved Batman's journey throughout the film. It definitely had the feeling of Batman Begins, where you feel his pain and his fear.

On the other hand I'm still extremely let down by the rest of the plot. It felt like a carbon copy of other action movies. I'm tired of Nuclear bombs going off in cities and heros miraculously saving the day by either bringing them to the ocean or k!lling themselves to save humanity. Its old and played out and I feel that Chris Nolan is so much more clever than that. TDK was not only amazing because of Heath Ledger, but because the criminal aspect of it was brilliant. You didn't know what to expect. Half way through this film I knew exactly what was going to happen. Second I think that Nolan blew a huge opportunity in this film by not having Bane break Batman in the Bat Cave. To see him being attacked in the one place he felt comfortable would have been a sight to see and it would have given a bigger meaning to the torture he was given. Last I think that Alfred should have been k!lled by Bane. It just seemed like a great fit with the emotion between Wayne and Alfred. The death of Rachel in TDK was a emotional part of TDK and this could have been as well. It just felt like Nolan was scared to break the mold on this one.

With this being said, I think TDKR was a satisfying way to end the trilogy. It does have it flaws but it was definetly a great ending to an amazing series.
 5 years ago '09        #156
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,406 | Props total: 75 75
the thing is i dont think bane actually died....they never showed his body or him afterwards
 5 years ago '10        #157
daviddunn 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,782 | Props total: 2 2
Good review....

two things..

One - This is basically Batman Begins...almost everything is directly related. from the Ghuls to plot twists to the time it takes to see Wayne in the Batman costume...prisoners released...citizens trapped in the city on a deadline...actual mastermind is revealed late after focus on secondary villian...etc etc...not that this is a bad thing...

Two - I thought Hardy's performance was great, but it was basically 2012 Darth Vader...not game changing like Ledger's performance...
 5 years ago '04        #158
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,086 | Props total: 4432 4432
 FappingFapstar said:
the thing is i dont think bane actually died....they never showed his body or him afterwards
he got shot in the chest by a goddamn missle

this isnt comic book on the venom bane hes just a regular guy

he dead

and now after reading brooklynstandup's opinion i just keep finding more and more sh*t that bother me about this movie they really did just take that bomb sh*t from a dozen other action movies
 5 years ago '04        #159
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,815 | Props total: 1849 1849
 BROOKLYNSTANDUP said:
After seeing this film two times I have two seperate feelings..

On one hand I loved the acting in the film. I loved the character development and the introduction of characters, especially Bane. The film itself is great looking and I was especially pleased that they decided to have Batman in broad day light which isn't seen very often in Batman films. It made it seem life-like more than ever. I also loved Batman's journey throughout the film. It definitely had the feeling of Batman Begins, where you feel his pain and his fear.

On the other hand I'm still extremely let down by the rest of the plot. It felt like a carbon copy of other action movies. I'm tired of Nuclear bombs going off in cities and heros miraculously saving the day by either bringing them to the ocean or k!lling themselves to save humanity. Its old and played out and I feel that Chris Nolan is so much more clever than that. TDK was not only amazing because of Heath Ledger, but because the criminal aspect of it was brilliant. You didn't know what to expect. Half way through this film I knew exactly what was going to happen. Second I think that Nolan blew a huge opportunity in this film by not having Bane break Batman in the Bat Cave. To see him being attacked in the one place he felt comfortable would have been a sight to see and it would have given a bigger meaning to the torture he was given. Last I think that Alfred should have been k!lled by Bane. It just seemed like a great fit with the emotion between Wayne and Alfred. The death of Rachel in TDK was a emotional part of TDK and this could have been as well. It just felt like Nolan was scared to break the mold on this one.

With this being said, I think TDKR was a satisfying way to end the trilogy. It does have it flaws but it was definetly a great ending to an amazing series.

I understand what you're saying about the cliche bomb and Bane in the bat cave but only thing is

1. I honestly can't think of another way where it would make it feel Bruce would HAVE to sacrifice his life, and especially on such a large scale. Even though it was cliche, it worked better for this movie IMO then any other time it's been done since it fit the plot so well. I felt it was worth it to use that cliche plot piece in order to pull off such a great resolution. It was a worthy sacrifice IMO.

2. As far as your comparison to TDK, you gotta admit, the climax and ending to this was ALOT better than TDK.

3. I would have liked to see Bane break Bruce in the batcave too but I think the plot benefited more from Catwoman betraying him and leading him to Bane only to regret it and then have Bruce forgive her later in the movie and go on to form a relationship with her. It just worked better that way.

Also the part that made it just as good as Bane infiltrating the Bat cave or even better IMO was where Bane goes " Do you want to see where we've located our lair ?" and then explodes the ceiling to drop the tumblers down and goes " under your precious armory " and the look on Batman's face when Bane pulls this magic trick off is priceless. To me that right there was worth trading the batcave for the sewer, along with it being the catalyst for Bruce and Selina's relationship.
 07-23-2012, 10:34 PM         #160
BROOKLYNSTANDUP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
I understand what you're saying about the cliche bomb and Bane in the bat cave but only thing is

1. I honestly can't think of another way where it would make it feel Bruce would HAVE to sacrifice his life, and especially on such a large scale. Even though it was cliche, it worked better for this movie IMO then any other time it's been done since it fit the plot so well. I felt it was worth it to use that cliche plot piece in order to pull off such a great resolution. It was a worthy sacrifice IMO.

2. As far as your comparison to TDK, you gotta admit, the climax and ending to this was ALOT better than TDK.

3. I would have liked to see Bane break Bruce in the batcave too but I think the plot benefited more from Catwoman betraying him and leading him to Bane only to regret it and then have Bruce forgive her later in the movie and go on to form a relationship with her. It just worked better that way.

Also the part that made it just as good as Bane infiltrating the Bat cave or even better IMO was where Bane goes " Do you want to see where we've located our lair ?" and then explodes the ceiling to drop the tumblers down and goes " under your precious armory " and the look on Batman's face when Bane pulls this magic trick off is priceless. To me that right there was worth trading the batcave for the sewer, along with it being the catalyst for Bruce and Selina's relationship.
I def agree that it was needed for the Bane scene but I think one that having Bane come out of the shadows and break Batman under the waterfall would have blown anything from that scene. I felt that Batman would have never trusted a thief like Selina Kyle to take him to Bane it seemed to easy. Once Bane said Bruce Wayne do you think Batman was surprised? That made him seem like a dumb a.ss in that whole part. Second it was necessary for his relationship with Selina, but putting her in the movie was unnecessary because he was forced to create their relationship and in the end who really gave a sh*t about them? Yea she looked fu*king hot, but it wasn't needed and Nolan had to change things to add her in. It was the League of Shadows vs. Batman. Started that way, ended that way.

Last edited by BROOKLYNSTANDUP; 07-23-2012 at 10:37 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
47 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
72 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
148 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy