most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #121
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,848 | Props total: 4149 4149
 dagame04 said:
TDK was good but my thing with that is if you take the Joker out its average. Plenty ppl say that so my thing is what makes it overall better than TDKR. I think most people are so invested in the Joker that they are kind of blinded by art. If u take characters out of TDKR the movie is still epic.

For me both movies offered me something I think overall the 2 are very good movies but i dont think u can really compare because they are to very different types of movies. TDKR calls for more of a story fed pace and TDK calls for a more of a chaos thrill seeking pace.

All in all in boils down to TDKR is the better movie acting and story wise (the dialogue was beyond good) and TDK had the better character in the Joker.
I'll agree that there are some VERY memorable pieces of dialogue in the film. I feel like Nolan as a writer came out a little more than he did in TDK or even "Inception".
 5 years ago '05        #122
space
space
 MosDefinition said:
watching this series i never got the sense that nolan actually enjoyed making them or liked the characters. Its like he felt like he was slumming it so to speak making these movies and he was going to show everyone how much smarter he is
Dude, NOLAN was the one who went to WB to get the Batman job. He chased them, not the other way around.

And, I don't know how you get that sense. Nolan seems to understand Batman MUCH better than ANY director who has ever tackled him, and has given us films with a sense of pathos and ethos that were woefully missing from the previous movies. It's STUPID to say that he's slumming it.
 5 years ago '05        #123
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 DaOmega_1 said:
I'll agree that there are some VERY memorable pieces of dialogue in the film. I feel like Nolan as a writer came out a little more than he did in TDK or even "Inception".
Definitely. The Alfred/Bruce scene was crucial to me. I didnt think Nolan was gonna go there.
That was beast IMO. None of the other movies in the trilogy had a scene like that.
 5 years ago '05        #124
space
space
 Bobby's World said:
Definitely. The Alfred/Bruce scene was crucial to me. I didnt think Nolan was gonna go there.
That was beast IMO. None of the other movies in the trilogy had a scene like that.
That scene, to me, was perfect. Perfectly written, and perfectly acted.
 5 years ago '05        #125
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
 DaOmega_1 said:
That scene, to me, was perfect. Perfectly written, and perfectly acted.
Man. You telling me. The tension and emotion was so thick I thought Bruce was gonna punch Alfred in his mouth. Lol. Nah seriously though that scene was deep.
 5 years ago '04        #126
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,277 | Props total: 2846 2846
wow.. just saw it.. this movie was better than TDK.. Simply Amazing..hands down
 5 years ago '05        #127
drama_kiNg 62 heat pts62
space
space
$14,284 | Props total: 675 675
little parts of this movie pissed me off, but overall it was good
 5 years ago '07        #128
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,798 | Props total: 14598 14598
 DaOmega_1 said:
He did. You can't find any lines worse than "No more dead cops" or "things are worse than ever" or even "nice coat" in TDKR.
 5 years ago '04        #129
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,087 | Props total: 4432 4432
 DaOmega_1 said:
Dude, NOLAN was the one who went to WB to get the Batman job. He chased them, not the other way around.

And, I don't know how you get that sense. Nolan seems to understand Batman MUCH better than ANY director who has ever tackled him, and has given us films with a sense of pathos and ethos that were woefully missing from the previous movies. It's STUPID to say that he's slumming it.
i said it before it appears to me that he had an idea to deconstruct a costumed hero and what drives and motivates and batman was perfect for that

what was missing from the burton movies was a deeper understanding of wayne but with this series we lost batman along the way. he seemed to be in the way for the most part.

there seems to be no marriage between the 2. batman taking 8 years off showed that nolan doesnt understand the character or the source material. Batman would keep going as long as theres a mugger on the loose or car thief out there.

Theres no way bruce wayne could live without being batman batman and the mask synonymous one in the same him essentially becoming howard hughes isnt in his character or nature based on this series its not in his nature

to me since begins batmans been an afterthought in his own series even in that movie to an extent he was to of child/man of tragedy who lost his parents

this movie sort of clinched it for me while i was watching middle of it that nolan didnt want to make batman movies he wanted to take apart costume heros and this genre

he should have stopped at begins or should have just been the guy to make watchmen

and this isnt to say i didnt like or enjoy this seriesbecause i did i thought at time it was fantastic and other it was just a chore to get through
 5 years ago '07        #130
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,798 | Props total: 14598 14598
 MosDefinition said:
he should have stopped at begins or should have just been the guy to make watchmen
Why and why? I enjoyed Watchmen its just a complicated story
 5 years ago '04        #131
space
space
 TH35 said:
Why and why? I enjoyed Watchmen its just a complicated story
i think begins is the story he wanted to tell and after what da omega said about him going to the wb it makes even obvious that was the only batman story he wanted to tell

i just think hed have done a better job than snyder who basically cut and pasted the comic

the series is short enough to where he could tell his story break down those characters and have them be in the real world

he took away that fantasy aspect of batman which i didnt like
 5 years ago '05        #132
TheT 21 heat pts21
space
space
$16,915 | Props total: 719 719
 monyemoney said:
heres my review...the dark knight is like christain bale as batman...a masked as*hole note suited for the suit but the suit design is so nice most people will over look the detrimental flaws to the film...first randomly we will select bane and his voice...wrong actor to play a hispanic character and nowhere near as buff as he shouldve been..then the plot twists and the storyline of the characters was fu*ked up too...dont believe the hype...its like paying for a hooker named sugar walls and her ending the night with a sub par hand job....and you still walk out with blue balls...some people will get so caught up in the fact that they got jerked by a beautiful woman that they will over look the fact that they got "jerked" i mean to each their own but this movie was wack period...this is nolans last movie but the ending didnt say finale....batmans victory wasnt even his..ill put it like that without spoiling the movie for people...go see that bull sh*t and see what i mean...and its dumb long...ill give it credit for one thing..i didnt fall asleep...edge of my seat...nope...there were no oooohhh and aaaaah moments...spiderman was better..hate to be cliche about this...avengers was light yrs better as well disney needs to buy dc or somesh*t...but i know like the last film this movie will be overhyped...yes ole boy played a great joker but that movie doesnt have replay value either..it was more so the allure or spookiness of him k!lling himself post production
 5 years ago '08        #133
illwill23 
space
space
$109 | Props total: 4 4
Batman Begins is my favorite, then TDKR, then TDK. Ive seen TDKR twice and I love it for the same reason I love BB. I'm a sucker for the breakdown of Bruce Wayne and then the restoration. TDK was great too tho.
 07-23-2012, 06:15 PM         #134
endless lies 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MosDefinition said:
i said it before it appears to me that he had an idea to deconstruct a costumed hero and what drives and motivates and batman was perfect for that

what was missing from the burton movies was a deeper understanding of wayne but with this series we lost batman along the way. he seemed to be in the way for the most part.

there seems to be no marriage between the 2. batman taking 8 years off showed that nolan doesnt understand the character or the source material. Batman would keep going as long as theres a mugger on the loose or car thief out there.

Theres no way bruce wayne could live without being batman batman and the mask synonymous one in the same him essentially becoming howard hughes isnt in his character or nature based on this series its not in his nature

to me since begins batmans been an afterthought in his own series even in that movie to an extent he was to of child/man of tragedy who lost his parents

this movie sort of clinched it for me while i was watching middle of it that nolan didnt want to make batman movies he wanted to take apart costume heros and this genre

and this isnt to say i didnt like or enjoy this seriesbecause i did i thought at time it was fantastic and other it was just a chore to get through
I agree. I too got the feeling Nolan didn't fully understand the Batman character that well.

The thing is.... There is NO Bruce Wayne. "Bruce Wayne" is just a disguise that Batman wears. At the end of the day, the true persona is Batman, and the alter-ego is Bruce Wayne. You're not meeting a guy who is dressing up pretending to be a Bat, it's the other way around. It's Batman dressing up pretending to be Bruce Wayne.
 5 years ago '05        #135
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
 endless lies said:
I agree. I too got the feeling Nolan didn't fully understand the Batman character that well.

The thing is.... There is NO Bruce Wayne. "Bruce Wayne" is just a disguise that Batman wears. At the end of the day, the true persona is Batman, and the alter-ego is Bruce Wayne. You're not meeting a guy who is dressing up pretending to be a Bat, it's the other way around. It's Batman dressing up pretending to be Bruce Wayne.
So that's not what ya'll saw?

Is that not how Rachel Dawes explained it at the end of BB? Nolan nailed it in that sense.
He just made Batman a "real" person and not an alpha male gruesome shell who may crack jokes once in a while.

Nolan's Batman was THE ONLY Batman who didnt smile when he was suited up. Once the suite goes on its all business. Serious business. Not one of the other Batman's on film achieved that besides TAS. But in all his seriousness and will he is still a HUMAN BEING with limits.
 5 years ago '05        #136
space
space
 endless lies said:

WOW.......

I know what you're talking about, but I'm just shocked y'all didn't catch that element in ANY of these films. I felt that element is prominent in ALL of these movies. Clear as day, front & center. Even in this one, they play with that concept in Bruce Wayne's early scenes. It's actually one of the things I love most about these films is that they play with this idea EXTENSIVELY. So, to hear that y'all don't see it is shocking to me. I mean, did we even see the same movie?
 5 years ago '04        #137
space
space
 endless lies said:

i disagree there is a bruce wayne weve just been forced to hear in cartoons and now movies that bruce wayne the billionaire playboy is the mask and batman is the person which is true but in a since but him taking in grayson jason todd and tim drake thats bruce wayne him taking in essentially abandoned kids to keep them from becoming something he was compelled to become was bruce wayne

and thats the reason in a nutshell him disappearing for 8 years is so against his character

bruce wayne would rather die than have another kid go through what he went through losing his parent which is why he never would have quit and essentially say okay the cops have this under control im gonna lock myself in a room when my plans to become tony stark fail(solving the worlds energy crisis).
 07-23-2012, 06:28 PM         #138
endless lies 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
WOW.......

I know what you're talking about, but I'm just shocked y'all didn't catch that element in ANY of these films. I felt that element is prominent in ALL of these movies. Clear as day, front & center. Even in this one, they play with that concept in Bruce Wayne's early scenes. It's actually one of the things I love most about these films is that they play with this idea EXTENSIVELY. So, to hear that y'all don't see it is shocking to me. I mean, did we even see the same movie?
Then why did he QUIT?
 5 years ago '04        #139
space
space
 DaOmega_1 said:
WOW.......

im not being a d!ck but i cant tell if your being sarcastic but its evident through out the series that waynes the "mask"

i didnt miss that at all because bruce wayne isnt black and white he isnt just billionaire playboy
 5 years ago '05        #140
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
 endless lies said:
Then why did he QUIT?
Why did Jordan retire?
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
100 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
180 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
60 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
75 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside 15 Artists That Biggie Wanted To Work With (But Never Got The Chance)
42 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy