DaOmega_1 reviews "The Dark Knight Rises"

most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
119 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
122 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
12 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
82 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #81
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,791 | Props total: 1796 1796
 Cooked Brickz said:
What do you mean? Once he got out of the prison, it showed that he was near the stadium... So he was clearly already in the city.

I, for one, thought the prison was located somewhere far away from Gotham (possibly in another country). It caught me off guard knowing that it was so close to the stadium.
 Cooked Brickz said:

You're an idiot. Once Catwoman brought Batman to Bane, he was already at the prison. Dumbass.

he wasn't near the stadium, he was next to Mehrangarh Fort in Jodphur, India.

[pic - click to view]

Aside from the fact that the structure looked closer to the Roman Colosseum than a modern football stadium. Didn't you catch the part about he War lord who threw Ras Al Ghul's baby mama in the prison where she gave birth to Talia ??? Why would that be in Gotham ??

Last edited by psylence2k; 07-23-2012 at 02:58 PM..
 5 years ago '08        #82
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
space
$19,565 | Props total: 2394 2394
 MosDefinition said:
i hope yopu noticed you callled yourself a dumbass

the prison batman escaped from was not in gotham unless gotham is somewhere in the saharan
lol yeah.

I reread my post, didn't feel like editing.
 5 years ago '04        #83
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,074 | Props total: 4420 4420
also having scarecrow in this movie just made it odd that they didnt even mention joker was he dead was he in another prison that confused me they could have added a throw away line saying he was in prison or dead
 5 years ago '08        #84
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
space
$19,565 | Props total: 2394 2394
 psylence2k said:

he wasn't near the stadium, he was next to Mehrangarh Fort in Jodphur, India.

[pic - click to view]

Aside from the fact that the structure looked closer to the Roman Colosseum than a modern football stadium. Didn't you catch the part about he War lord who threw Ras Al Ghul's baby mama in the prison where she gave birth to Talia ??? Why would that be in Gotham ??

I keep failing. I need to go see this a couple of more times.
 5 years ago '10        #85
G Code 42 heat pts42
space
space
$6,029 | Props total: 117 117

[spoiler - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #86
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,830 | Props total: 4096 4096
 G Code said:

07-23-2012, 03:50 PM         #87
endless lies 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I also didn't like how Bane grabbed Batman's fist TWICE.... Why can't Batman shoot the arrows from his gauntlet at Bane like he did with the Joker?

They were durable enough to break Ra's Al Ghul's sword in the first movie....
 5 years ago '10        #88
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 DaOmega_1 said:
I guess The Dark Knight was just so much more singular in its vision, so there wasn't much time for lag or pacing issues. And, while The Dark Knight Rises is INCREDIBLE, it does have pacing issues and a few muddled storytelling choices that does not make it the near flawless experience that TDK was.
How you figure when the last 45 minutes of TDK lagged. After the Joker was gone and we got into the Harvey Dent stuff, It definitely dragged.

TDKR paces perfectly IMO. The more the movie goes on, the more interesting it got, all the way up to the end.
 5 years ago '05        #89
space
space
 TheMindOf said:
How you figure when the last 45 minutes of TDK lagged. After the Joker was gone and we got into the Harvey Dent stuff, It definitely dragged.

TDKR paces perfectly IMO. The more the movie goes on, the more interesting it got, all the way up to the end.
With TDK, in my own personal opinion, I don't think ANY of it lagged.
 5 years ago '07        #90
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,772 | Props total: 14586 14586
 MosDefinition said:
also having scarecrow in this movie just made it odd that they didnt even mention joker was he dead was he in another prison that confused me they could have added a throw away line saying he was in prison or dead
Well I already knew Scarecrow was in it but as far as mentioning Joker they should've. It anything its paying homage to Heath. EVERYONE was mentioned but him. Rachel & Harvey and their deaths were basically caused by Joker. Wasn't the Dent Act a product of what Joker did too?
 5 years ago '07        #91
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 DaOmega_1 said:
With TDK, in my own personal opinion, I don't think ANY of it lagged.
It did, most positive critics gripe was that it was a bit too long. TDKR did a better job at the end. Differences in opinion I guess.
 5 years ago '05        #92
meepos 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,551 | Props total: 26 26
SPOILER:

did anyone else feel like they should have ended the movie with Alfred looking up and smiling, leaving it to the public to a.ssume he finally did see him at the cafe? it kinda upset me that knowing Nolan's style, he would make it very obvious and cliché by showing him.
 5 years ago '05        #93
_Player2 208 heat pts208
space
space
$13,407 | Props total: 9256 9256

5 years ago '07        #94
Jeet Kune Do 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,068 | Props total: 1840 1840
 MosDefinition said:
I think Nolan said he did that on purpose.
 5 years ago '05        #95
HARBINGER|M 448 heat pts448
space
space
$48,265 | Props total: 6357 6357
i thought u gave your last review already not hating.. jus wondering what happened..
 5 years ago '05        #96
space
space
 critiQue said:
i thought u gave your last review already not hating.. jus wondering what happened..
Reread that thread. I said I was going on a hiatus, not that I was quitting.
 5 years ago '07        #97
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 DaOmega_1 said:

That was out of frustration

5 years ago '05        #98
lakersboy03 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,925 | Props total: 643 643
That last f!ght scence between the cops and the inmates was horrendous. Outside of batman and bane no one was f!ghting. It reminded me that i was watching a movie...my only big gripe about the movie.
 07-23-2012, 05:00 PM         #99
Tattered_Hoody 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Depending on my mood, and the time of day, any of the 3 movies in this Trilogy could be considered better than the other for various reasons.

As a whole though, it is way greater than the sum of all its parts.
 07-23-2012, 05:02 PM         #100
Tattered_Hoody 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AuthenticMade said:
I agree with your review hands down. The Miranda Tate character was handled so horribly that my wifey pointed out who it was in her second or 3rd scene on camera lol. It seems like he rushed that, one thing though:

Am I the only 1 who felt like they ruined Bane as a character? And what I mean is....he was amazing throughout the film, he was incredible...one of my fave villains in any movie honestly...and yeah I agree what made him so dope was the fact that he gave you a sense of....this could happen in todays world.....but for him to end up just being somebodies overly glorified lackey at the end made me feel like he was a wasted character. With the way Catwoman finally dealt with him at the end, it almost felt like Nolan was agreeing with those of us who felt like bane was wasted...cause it seems as if in an instant the movie was suddenly snatched from under his feet and he was an afterthought.

Sidenote I did love how they included Crane, and it'd have been dope if the dude who was sniping cops in that one scene was Deadshot. Would've been a nice throwback to the comics

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
85 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
55 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
22 hours ago