DaOmega_1 reviews "The Dark Knight Rises"

most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
93 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ralo (Fam Goon) Posting Throwback MoneyBaggYo Ether
37 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #61
Grave 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,788 | Props total: 200 200
 psylence2k said:
I always wonder why people take open ended scenarios where there's ALOT of possibilities of how something can proceed and then choose to offer one of the most ridiculous options available.

I still think you are saying that I had a problem with the two minutes before Bane's death which I didn't. Everything was perfect until the sudden and quick blast from the batpod and then within a millisecond the movie moves on.

I said it before, how does the special forces agent get a more dramatic death than Bane ??

Like I said, your replies have nothing to do with what I am saying. I am merely explaning how I liked the ending including how Bane got k!llled off. And if seeing it all as a sequence makes sense to me but hard to understand for you so you lable what you fail to understand "ridiculous" so be it. You haave your mind mae up, it sucked, ok we all get it. What is it exactly you are looking for withyour replies? Nobody is going to stear you from your dislikes and opinions lol. Nobody is goiing to try. Nobody cares. You took my opinion as a reply to you when it was simply me putting out my point of view on a part some have a problem with.
 5 years ago '04        #62
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
 DaOmega_1 said:
Not that it was slow... That it was inconsistent. Too little time was spent on things that could be seen as important. Like
[spoiler - click to view]

or
[spoiler - click to view]

That's what I'm talking about. BALANCE. TDK had balance, to me. This isn't imbalanced enough to make me not like the movie (because I f*cking love this movie), but it's imbalanced enough to make me notice that at times, it is inconsistent.
This kind of how i feel about the movie.

The movie is still really good. This is the best representation of Catwoman I've seen on film. Bane is finally represented properly on screen. I thought how the filmmakers merged the outcomes of BB and DK was genius.

Its just sloppier than the other two movies. DKR has a few notable flaws, but nothing that stops the film from being enjoyable and a worthy conclusion to the trilogy.
 07-23-2012, 01:53 PM         #63
endless lies 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
Those aren't really gaping holes, to me. Those are questions that movie isn't really dependent upon being answered.

The big climatic scene wasn't underwhelming to me. I don't know, maybe that's just me.

You're reaching now.

How are those not plot holes, dude? Bruce Wayne was stuck all the way in a different country and snuck into a city that is currently blocked off from the rest of the world. He made it back with NO RESOURCES.

Go back and watch clips from the trailers of the big climactic scene, it's visible there too. There's a fat guy all the way at the front of the line who runs up to somebody, passes him, runs up to another guy, looks at him, then just moves on.
 5 years ago '07        #64
DaForce13 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,642 | Props total: 437 437
thanks for your review brother
 5 years ago '07        #65
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,778 | Props total: 14589 14589
 endless lies said:

You're reaching now.

How are those not plot holes, dude? Bruce Wayne was stuck all the way in a different country and snuck into a city that is currently blocked off from the rest of the world. He made it back with NO RESOURCES.
good point all 3 have plot holes if you dig deep into the films.
 5 years ago '05        #66
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,834 | Props total: 4102 4102
 TH35 said:
good point all 3 have plot holes if you dig deep into the films.
Well, as they explain, the city has been under siege for about six months? Is it inconceivable that it took him WEEKS to get there?
 5 years ago '04        #67
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,801 | Props total: 1823 1823
 Grave said:
Like I said, your replies have nothing to do with what I am saying. I am merely explaning how I liked the ending including how Bane got k!llled off. And if seeing it all as a sequence makes sense to me but hard to understand for you so you lable what you fail to understand "ridiculous" so be it. You haave your mind mae up, it sucked, ok we all get it. What is it exactly you are looking for withyour replies? Nobody is going to stear you from your dislikes and opinions lol. Nobody is goiing to try. Nobody cares. You took my opinion as a reply to you when it was simply me putting out my point of view on a part some have a problem with.

1. You posed an open ended question in your original post " How was Bane getting k!lled of by Catwoman sloppy ? " So I answered, since to my knowledge I am the only one who both criticized Bane's death while in the same paragraph using the word "sloppy" therefore I a.ssumed your statement was a subconscious reply to you reading one of my previous posts. If someone else used the term "sloppy" or anything synonymous in reference to how Bane was taken out please point them out since I could be wrong but I dont think I am.

2. Once again, my statements keep going over your head, I was merely answering your ONE statement of " How was Bane getting k!lled by Catwoman sloppy". That's the only thing I'm focusing on answering mainly. You keep referring back to the whole 5 minute sequence, build-up, and plot development up to, during, and after Bane's death which I've said numerous times I've said I had no problems with.

3. You obviously dont get what I was calling ridiculous, I wasn't calling anything else in the plot ridiculous, I was saying that when people on here say " it could've been done differently", people offer a ridiculous change like it's the only one available ( i.e. " What? did you want him to kick bane around the room and then hog tie him ?? " )

4. You asked a question initially, Sooooo I'm a.ssuming that with a reply I'm looking to ..... I guess answer that question?? since the question pretty much referenced a statement I said previously ??? Nobody cares ??? but wasn't your original question directly questioning a sentiment that I also echoed along with everyone else ?? I dont think anyone else used "sloppy" in this thread ?? and you keep replying to my replies with what seems to be animosity slowly building in your replies, so I'm a.ssuming someone cares.
 07-23-2012, 02:05 PM         #68
endless lies 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DaOmega_1 said:
Well, as they explain, the city has been under siege for about six months? Is it inconceivable that it took him WEEKS to get there?
He's not sneaking into a Jamba Juice, dude.

Now.... Batman having his signal up on the bridge ready to be ignited? Okay, THAT'S cool. THAT'S something they need to hide from the viewers because it's a testament to Batman's badass ninja skillz and more.

edit: Who do you think was the best out of the whole cast?

1. Tom Hardy
2. Michael Caine
3. Christian Bale
4. Joseph-Gordon Levitt
5. Gary Oldman

IMO. Honestly Anne Hathaway didn't do it for me. I didn't like her character. And Morgan Freeman... I LOVE the guy in everything he does but he just comes off as too smarmy in this one.

Last edited by endless lies; 07-23-2012 at 02:08 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #69
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,077 | Props total: 4424 4424
oh lord this movie will go down just as overrated as the dark knight

while watching the middle portion which dragged on and on i finally figured it out nolan didnt want to make a batman movie hes never wanted to make a batman movie

he wanted to make a deconstructed caped hero movie. and batman was the perfect hero to use for this. his back story catered to the type of movie nolan actually wanted to make.

I can admire that aspect of this franchise he wanted to do the how and why of the hero genre but not the action saving the day aspect of it. ironically the parts that he actually use batman to save the day in this franchise to me have always been the best parts.

had he not placed the focus of this movie back on batman for the last quarter of the movie this movie would have been the worst of the series. to often batman was an afterthought in this series to me. he was the most interesting character and i really felt like we never go to know him

also they shouldnt have shown wayne at the end they could have left it as the alfred nod
 5 years ago '04        #70
space
space
also banes voice what the fu*k were they thinking it was so distracting that it k!lled every scene he was in
 5 years ago '08        #71
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
space
$19,566 | Props total: 2397 2397
 endless lies said:
How did Bruce make it all the way back to Gotham with no money?
What do you mean? Once he got out of the prison, it showed that he was near the stadium... So he was clearly already in the city.

I, for one, thought the prison was located somewhere far away from Gotham (possibly in another country). It caught me off guard knowing that it was so close to the stadium.
 5 years ago '04        #72
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,985 | Props total: 4327 4327
 TH35 said:
As a film if you dissect both TDK may be better. I just prefer TDKR because the plan made more sense and was more on an epic scale. Bane REALLY was a terrorist compared to Joker. One thing though, even though I know Heath died, it still makes no sense mentioning Harvey but not Joker. Joker was pretty much the anchor/catalyst to everything.
It never really felt like they needed to mention him to me.
 5 years ago '04        #73
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
 psylence2k said:
I dont understand why people had a problem with the pacing??

I never thought the pacing was bad, ESPECIALLY in the beginning. Am I the only one that thought Nolan purposely wanted to leave Batman out for at least the first 30-40 min of the film ?? I felt like the movie was doing what it was suppose to in driving home the message and feeling of Batman's "absence" for the past 8 years and letting us truly examine a crippled and disheartened Wayne ??

I never ever felt bored during that 45 min period because Nolan did such a amazing job with new character introductions as well as old character developments that my attention was kept and rewarded all the way until the final seconds of progressing into the "second act".

Maybe it was just me , but I found way more things in this movie to enjoy than just Batman. Though I've always looked for that since we're all familiar with what Batman does when he's on screen. He mostly just kicks a$$ and delivers the film's action scenes which we already agree there was no lack of in this one.

TDK (which had the best singular performance of the trilogy with Heath) only made me care about the Joker, the rest of the movie just didn't have much replay value for me outside of the Joker scenes. Therefore it made the movie feel a bit "unbalanced" since when Joker was not on scene, the movie was so mediocre that all I wanted was to see the Joker back on the screen.

That's not the case with this movie though, Nolan intrigued me from so many different angles that the movie just seemed more "balanced" even though it's storyline wasn't as linear as TDK. In TDK Heath's Performance was a 10 and everyone else was a 7 IMO. In TDKR it's pretty much all 9's and a few 8's across the board. That's why the movie just feels better as a whole to me .
This movie felt shorter to me than The Dark Knight.
 5 years ago '05        #74
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 MosDefinition said:
also banes voice what the fu*k were they thinking it was so distracting that it k!lled every scene he was in
Yeah I'm just not agreeing with ya'll about the voice.

I thought it was fine. There were I couple points where I couldnt understand the characters without accents. So yeah I really dont see what's the big deal about Bane's voice.
 5 years ago '04        #75
space
space
 Cooked Brickz said:
What do you mean? Once he got out of the prison, it showed that he was near the stadium... So he was clearly already in the city.

I, for one, thought the prison was located somewhere far away from Gotham (possibly in another country). It caught me off guard knowing that it was so close to the stadium.
huh the prison bruce wayne was in wasnt in gotham

just admit him getting back so fast was movie magic

also you mean to tell me the federal government let a guy sit in a major metropolitan city for 3 months with a nuclear weapon and did nothing but watch gtfoh

Last edited by MosDefinition; 07-23-2012 at 02:51 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #76
space
space
 Bobby's World said:
Yeah I'm just not agreeing with ya'll about the voice.

I thought it was fine. There were I couple points where I couldnt understand the characters without accents. So yeah I really dont see what's the big deal about Bane's voice.
I had no issue understanding Bane's voice honestly.
 5 years ago '08        #77
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
space
$19,566 | Props total: 2397 2397
 Cooked Brickz said:

You're an idiot. Once Catwoman brought Batman to Bane, he was already at the prison. Dumbass.
 5 years ago '04        #78
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
 Illstreet said:
I have to see TDKR one more time before I Rate/Rank it... But I just can't see it overtaking TDK.

Then again, I really didn't think much of TDK the first time I saw it.
I've seen TDKR three times. It gets better every time.
 5 years ago '04        #79
space
space
 Cooked Brickz said:

You're an idiot. Once Catwoman brought Batman to Bane, he was already at the prison. Dumbass.
i hope yopu noticed you callled yourself a dumbass

the prison batman escaped from was not in gotham unless gotham is somewhere in the saharan
 5 years ago '05        #80
space
space
 JFamis said:
I've seen TDKR three times. It gets better every time.
I've seen it twice already. About to go in for round three this week.
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
37 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
71 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
94 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
245 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
95 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
108 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy