DaOmega_1 reviews "The Dark Knight Rises"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
164 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #41
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 DaOmega_1 said:
Not that it was slow... That it was inconsistent. Too little time was spent on things that could be seen as important. Like
[spoiler - click to view]

or

That's what I'm talking about. BALANCE. TDK had balance, to me. This isn't imbalanced enough to make me not like the movie (because I f*cking love this movie), but it's imbalanced enough to make me notice that at times, it is inconsistent.
 5 years ago '04        #42
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,815 | Props total: 1842 1842
 DaOmega_1 said:
Not that it was slow... That it was inconsistent. Too little time was spent on things that could be seen as important. Like

or

That's what I'm talking about. BALANCE. TDK had balance, to me. This isn't imbalanced enough to make me not like the movie (because I f*cking love this movie), but it's imbalanced enough to make me notice that at times, it is inconsistent.
I think he was asking you to elaborate on what was bad about Batman Begins pacing.

Also I dont understand how in the review your main problem of the pacing is mostly in what you call "the first act". Your main issue seems to be the lack of Batman in the first 45 min, it's what you emphasize most when you refer to "pacing".

Though in this last statement when asked to elaborate on the "pacing" again, you seem to emphasize multiple issues in the ending/climax which you really didn't mention much of before besides Marion's performance, you described the ending being pretty PHENOMENAL and utter BLISS, but now all your pacing issues are a.ssigned to the ending.

So I'm just confused because originally you said the first 45 min was the worst and the last 45 min was the best.

Now you dont mention anything about bad pacing in the first 45 min but blame it all on the last 45 min which you had nothing but praise for before.

I also liked the fact that Talia was kept in the shadows until the last 30 min or so, even though we all suspected what she really was, it made it more surprising for the casual audience. It came out of left field for them and added more shock to what was already a thrilling climax.

Last edited by psylence2k; 07-23-2012 at 12:37 PM..
 07-23-2012, 12:33 PM         #43
endless lies 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 5 years ago '05        #44
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,839 | Props total: 4137 4137
 psylence2k said:
I think he was asking you to elaborate on what was bad about Batman Begins pacing.

Also I dont understand how in the review your main problem of the pacing is mostly in what you call "the first act". Your main issue seems to be the lack of Batman in the first 45 min, it's what you emphasize most when you refer to "pacing".

Though in this last statement when asked to elaborate on the "pacing" again, you seem to emphasize multiple issues in the ending/climax which you really didn't mention much of before besides Marion's performance, you described the ending being pretty PHENOMENAL and utter BLISS, but now all your pacing issues are a.ssigned to the ending.

So I'm just confused because originally you said the first 45 min was the worst and the last 45 min was the best.

Now you dont mention anything about bad pacing in the first 45 min but blame it all on the last 45 min.
I never said the pacing was "bad" in the first 45 minutes, I felt that the movie was trying so hard to cover all these bases, and introduce all these characters in those scenes, it felt like there wasn't enough time given to that, yet strangely it felt a little slow. There are things that can be done to rectify this. It's not that it's "bad"... It's that it's too little given to too much.

The last 45 minutes ARE utter bliss... when I was watching it. Walking away from the movie, I thought about things like

that kinda bothered me, but not enough to make me dislike where the movie the climax (which is still sensational).

As for Batman Begins, I thought the pacing was rather erratic in a way that didn't feel organic.
 07-23-2012, 12:42 PM         #45
endless lies 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Marion Cotillard ruined a good chunk of the movie with her annoying accent and her phoned-in performance. She pissed me off soooo bad. What did you think?
 5 years ago '05        #46
space
space
 endless lies said:
Marion Cotillard ruined a good chunk of the movie with her annoying accent and her phoned-in performance. She pissed me off soooo bad. What did you think?
I thought she was the only outright "weak" thing in the movie.
 5 years ago '04        #47
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 DaOmega_1 said:
I never said the pacing was "bad" in the first 45 minutes, I felt that the movie was trying so hard to cover all these bases, and introduce all these characters in those scenes, it felt like there wasn't enough time given to that, yet strangely it felt a little slow. There are things that can be done to rectify this. It's not that it's "bad"... It's that it's too little given to too much.

The last 45 minutes ARE utter bliss... when I was watching it. Walking away from the movie, I thought about things like

that kinda bothered me, but not enough to make me dislike where the movie the climax (which is still sensational).

As for Batman Begins, I thought the pacing was rather erratic in a way that didn't feel organic.

I never said you said it was "bad"

but in the review you said it was the problem

" The problem has nothing to do with the film's darkness, yet has more to do with the film's pacing. There is a lag in the first act, and while there are interesting things happening and the performances are wall-to-wall excellent, it still feels like the film is missing something for the first act "

then you tell TH35 the movie has pacing issues once again, he asks you where ??

then you answer with a bunch of stuff in the ending such as Bane's death, Talia's death, Talia's plan and mention nothing about the original "first act" which you initially placed all the blame on.

It's just confusing that what where you pinpointed the pacing problem at first was not mentioned the second time around at all, and what you mentioned as the film's AMAZING shining moment is where you said all the flaws were the second time around.
 07-23-2012, 12:49 PM         #48
endless lies 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No way does this movie seriously deserve a 9 out of 10 the way you put it, though. I mean, pacing issues aside and everything else, how do you explain the gaping plot holes?

How did Bruce make it all the way back to Gotham with no money?

How did he get out of the cave with no knee brace?

Nolan still can't really do f!ght scenes involving more than 2 people. The big climactic showdown between the cops and the mercenaries was UNDERWHELMING because all the extras sucked. You could see that when they're supposed to collide... everyone is just standing around like "uh, do I grab you or you? okay, be careful, i hurt my toe."

I personally would give it a 9 out of 10 and that's just off the strength of Tom Hardy. IMO this was definitely HIS movie.
 5 years ago '07        #49
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 endless lies said:
she's a good actress don't blame her for that... blame the direction
 5 years ago '05        #50
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
 endless lies said:
No way does this movie seriously deserve a 9 out of 10 the way you put it, though. I mean, pacing issues aside and everything else, how do you explain the gaping plot holes?

Nolan still can't really do f!ght scenes involving more than 2 people. The big climactic showdown between the cops and the mercenaries was UNDERWHELMING because all the extras sucked. You could see that when they're supposed to collide... everyone is just standing around like "uh, do I grab you or you? okay, be careful, i hurt my toe."

I personally would give it a 9 out of 10 and that's just off the strength of Tom Hardy. IMO this was definitely HIS movie.
I didnt see all that with the war scene. So it was fine to me except how it was sequenced in.

As far as that other stuff, ehh I didnt really care. If you're going to question that then you might as well question

I mean at some point we gotta factor in stuff from comic book land. It is a movie about a comic book superhero.
 5 years ago '05        #51
space
space
 psylence2k said:
I never said you said it was "bad"

but in the review you said it was the problem

then you tell TH35 the movie has pacing issues once again, he asks you where ??

then you answer with a bunch of stuff in the ending such as Bane's death, Talia's death, Talia's plan and mention nothing about the original "first act" which you initially placed all the blame on.

It's just confusing that what where you pinpointed the pacing problem at first was not mentioned the second time around at all, and what you mentioned as the film's AMAZING shining moment is where you said all the flaws were the second time around.
Ah, then perhaps I didn't do a particularly good job in articulating my opinion. I didn't say all the flaws were in the last 45 minutes. Just a few that can honestly be forgiven. It's conceivable for me to notice problems after I'm done writing a review, so if I don't mention it in the review, it's because I noticed it in retrospect and upon reflection.

endless lies said:

Those aren't really gaping holes, to me. Those are questions that movie isn't really dependent upon being answered.

The big climatic scene wasn't underwhelming to me. I don't know, maybe that's just me.
 5 years ago '07        #52
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 endless lies said:

You're kinda reaching. They can't explain everything. He could've contacted someone who knows I thought the dialogue between the f!ght was better than that first f!ght definitely though.
 5 years ago '07        #53
Grave 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,788 | Props total: 200 200
How was Bane getting k!lled off by catwoman sloppy? He was getting his a.ss handed to him the previous 5minutes by Batman. Talia blindsided Batman so Bane got blindsided also, I call that justice. Bane had already been defeated when he got shot up.
 5 years ago '05        #54
space
space
 TH35 said:
she's a good actress don't blame her for that... blame the direction
Eh, I wouldn't be so sure. I mean, she is definitely a good actress. BUT, why is everyone else so f*cking good... except her? I mean, she's worked with Nolan before, she was one of the best things about Inception.

Not so here.
 5 years ago '05        #55
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
 Grave said:
How was Bane getting k!lled off by catwoman sloppy? He was getting his a.ss handed to him the previous 5minutes by Batman. Talia blindsided Batman so Bane got blindsided also, I call that justice. Bane had already been defeated when he got shot up.
Never thought of it like that. Both fell victim to the jux.
 5 years ago '04        #56
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 Grave said:
Im a.ssuming you're referring to my post since I'm probably the only one who used that specific word. I didn't call Bane's death specifically sloppy in that post but the whole 40 minute lead up to the climax was just a little unorganized just a bit. That's what I called sloppy.

but if someone were to call the way catwoman took out Bane sloppy I wouldnt disagree with it.
It was fairly simple and quick for someone who was the main antagonist and the reason the whole movie had gotten to that point.

How hard is it to think up , " Hey just shoot him with something ". A 3-year old could've came up with that. It has nothing to do with Batman whooping his a$$ before that or Talia blind sighting anyone, it all has to do with the big bad bane which all the chaos in the movie revolved around getting wiped out in the quickest death we've probably ever seen in cinematic history.

I mean shyt, even EVERY small insignificant character in the movie you could think of , I mean literally ANYONE in the movie had a more elaborate and articulate death than Bane.
 5 years ago '07        #57
Grave 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,788 | Props total: 200 200
It was aa reply in general not specific to anyone.

Bane was defeated what would have been been next is Batman continually kicking a broken Banes a.ss for another minute then hogtying the mofo if there was no interference, it wouldn't go well with the film. How would u have prefered for it to end? I think it was good how it went. Bane was broken(via the mask and him squirming) by that point. The point isn't death nor its method, it is the defeat.
 5 years ago '04        #58
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 Grave said:
It was aa reply in general not specific to anyone.

Bane was defeated what would have been been next is Batman continually kicking a broken Banes a.ss for another minute then hogtying the mofo if there was no interference, it wouldn't go well with the film. How would u have prefered for it to end? I think it was good how it went. Bane was broken(via the mask and him squirming) by that point. The point isn't death nor its method, it is the defeat.

I always wonder why people take open ended scenarios where there's ALOT of possibilities of how something can proceed and then choose to offer one of the most ridiculous options available.

I still think you are saying that I had a problem with the two minutes before Bane's death which I didn't. Everything was perfect until the sudden and quick blast from the batpod and then within a millisecond the movie moves on.

I said it before, how does the special forces agent get a more dramatic death than Bane ??
 07-23-2012, 01:37 PM         #59
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

5 years ago '05        #60
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space

Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
100 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
60 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
185 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy