Phat ass white girl for real
43 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
109 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
29 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
96 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #21
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 ReppinDaBurghh said:

So to you, The Dark Knight is the worst of the trilogy?

You say worst like its terrible. fu*k outta here the movie wasn't as focused on Batman as Begins and TDKR was.
 07-23-2012, 11:25 AM         #22
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No offense, but you're wildin with that Houge...

But you're entitled to it.
 5 years ago '07        #23
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Illstreet said:
No offense, but you're wildin with that Houge...

But you're entitled to it.
I have MY reasons the same reasons why I don't like SP2. If people don't like it, fu*k em. TDK isn't a bad movie.
 07-23-2012, 11:29 AM         #24
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I have to see TDKR one more time before I Rate/Rank it... But I just can't see it overtaking TDK.

Then again, I really didn't think much of TDK the first time I saw it.
 5 years ago '07        #25
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Illstreet said:
I have to see TDKR one more time before I Rate/Rank it... But I just can't see it overtaking TDK.

Then again, I really didn't think much of TDK the first time I saw it.
If you like TDK over it.. that's cool. I can see why but to me it was the lesser of the "BATMAN" films.
 5 years ago '05        #26
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 psylence2k said:
I dont understand why people had a problem with the pacing??

I never thought the pacing was bad, ESPECIALLY in the beginning. Am I the only one that thought Nolan purposely wanted to leave Batman out for at least the first 30-40 min of the film ?? I felt like the movie was doing what it was suppose to in driving home the message and feeling of Batman's "absence" for the past 8 years and letting us truly examine a crippled and disheartened Wayne ??

I never ever felt bored during that 45 min period because Nolan did such a amazing job with new character introductions as well as old character developments that my attention was kept and rewarded all the way until the final seconds of progressing into the "second act".

Maybe it was just me , but I found way more things in this movie to enjoy than just Batman. Though I've always looked for that since we're all familiar with what Batman does when he's on screen. He mostly just kicks a$$ and delivers the film's action scenes which we already agree there was no lack of in this one.

TDK (which had the best singular performance of the trilogy with Heath) only made me care about the Joker, the rest of the movie just didn't have much replay value for me outside of the Joker scenes. Therefore it made the movie feel a bit "unbalanced" since when Joker was not on scene, the movie was so mediocre that all I wanted was to see the Joker back on the screen.

That's not the case with this movie though, Nolan intrigued me from so many different angles that the movie just seemed more "balanced" even though it's storyline wasn't as linear as TDK. In TDK Heath's Performance was a 10 and everyone else was a 7 IMO. In TDKR it's pretty much all 9's and a few 8's across the board. That's why the movie just feels better as a whole to me .
As far as pacing, I personally did not enjoy
[spoiler - click to view]

That transition was SUPER quick and just felt like it was thrown in to get to the point and get the sequence over with.

I thought that was lazy and the demise of the villains was lazy. Nolan stole some bases right there IMO. Everything else I pretty much thoroughly enjoyed. Other stuff hindering my experience, I felt was my fault for being on Bx too much and reading too many TDKR threads leading up to movie. Lol.
 5 years ago '07        #27
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Bobby's World said:

That transition was SUPER quick and just felt like it was thrown in to get to the point and get the sequence over with.

I thought that was lazy and the demise of the villains was lazy. Everything else I pretty much thoroughly enjoyed. Other stuff hindering my experience, I felt was my fault for being on Bx too much and reading too many TDKR threads leading up to movie. Lol.
Yea, I hated that.
 5 years ago '10        #28
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,159 | Props total: 15701 15701
I know IM not the only one that was getting chills thanks to

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #29
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
 TH35 said:
Yea, I hated that.
My n*gga Houge.

For me personally it would've been nice to see Bane and Batman duke it out one more time on top of The Bat, just before the explosion.

Oh well. That's asking for too much. lol!
 5 years ago '04        #30
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,810 | Props total: 1832 1832
 Bobby's World said:

I thought that was lazy and the demise of the villains was lazy. Nolan stole some bases right there IMO. Everything else I pretty much thoroughly enjoyed. Other stuff hindering my experience, I felt was my fault for being on Bx too much and reading too many TDKR threads leading up to movie. Lol.
I can understand that.

your problem isn't so much with slow pacing in the beginning like everyone else but fast pacing at the end.

most ppl in these threads have been the opposite, all though I share some similar sentiments with you. The build-up to the climactic last f!ght scene was a little sloppy. I felt they just spent too much time showing and elaborating on trivial things and rushed and belittled what in my mind were suppose to be more important things.

I mean how are Bane and Talia suppose to have quicker and simpler deaths than the special forces agent ??
 5 years ago '07        #31
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 psylence2k said:
I can understand that.

your problem isn't so much with slow pacing in the beginning like everyone else but fast pacing at the end.

most ppl in these threads have been the opposite, all though I share some similar sentiments with you. The build-up to the climactic last f!ght scene was a little sloppy. I felt they just spent too much time showing and elaborating on trivial things and rushed and belittled what in my mind were suppose to be more important things.

I mean how are Bane and Talia suppose to have quicker and simpler deaths than the special forces agent ??
 5 years ago '07        #32
Ole-G 347 heat pts347
space
space
$10,235 | Props total: 13 13
btw did anyone catch two-face reference ?

great review as usual Mega
 5 years ago '05        #33
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
 psylence2k said:
I can understand that.

Yeah I never thought the movie was slow. Me and my girl was talking about it and she couldnt believe that it was 2hrs 45mins. She thought this was the shortest movie outta all 3. lol.

I guess Nolan was trying to say, no matter how evil the person is, they can get it just as quick as the next. Swiftly disposed of! But being so wrapped up into how GRAND/WICKED the characters were portrayed, I expected some ol cliche' James Cagney "Made it Ma, Top of the World"! But nah Nolan rolled them up outta there, like it was nothing! lol
 5 years ago '04        #34
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,274 | Props total: 2844 2844
re watched Batman begins and TDK this weekend and Batman Begins was dope as fu*k to me.. TDK had a lot of scenes that I didn't care for.. Surprised Omega didn't give this a 10. About to go watch The Dark Knight Returns now.
 5 years ago '05        #35
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,838 | Props total: 4135 4135
 Bobby's World said:
Yeah I never thought the movie was slow. Me and my girl was talking about it and she couldnt believe that it was 2hrs 45mins. She thought this was the shortest movie outta all 3. lol.

I guess Nolan was trying to say, no matter how evil the person is, they can get it just as quick as the next. Swiftly disposed of! But being so wrapped up into how GRAND/WICKED the characters were portrayed, I expected some ol cliche' James Cagney "Made it Ma, Top of the World"! But nah Nolan rolled them up outta there, like it was nothing! lol
It never felt slow or too long to me. But, it does have pacing issues, the same kind of pacing issues that Batman Begins had.
 5 years ago '05        #36
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$37,000 | Props total: 1319 1319
Go9od review as always playa, cant say that I agree about bad pacing though in this or Batman Begins.

Some movies fit the slower pace then others imo.
 5 years ago '07        #37
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 DaOmega_1 said:
It never felt slow or too long to me. But, it does have pacing issues, the same kind of pacing issues that Batman Begins had.
Where at?

I think the pacing in Begins was fine. Begins slow pace was necessary in my opinion.
 5 years ago '04        #38
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,810 | Props total: 1832 1832
 Bobby's World said:

I think what made it worse honestly was the fact that the audience were just starting to get really connected and acquainted with both Bane and Talia.

Bane is in his most vulnerable spot, and then Talia comes with the knife stab and explains their whole history , Bane's sacrifice, her harsh upbringing, and her connection with Ra's Al Ghul.

This is probably one of the most deepest moments in the movie because it brings not only the whole movie full circle but the trilogy as well. It only makes it bigger with the fact that it's right at the climax.

Then BOOM Bane gets blasted in less than a milli second and we dont even see his face or body, then Talia crashes the truck and dies a very unemotional death.

Sometimes Nolan truly bewilders me as to why he spends more time on trivial things and then belittles such monumental moments.
 5 years ago '05        #39
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271 OP
space
space
$13,838 | Props total: 4135 4135
 TH35 said:
Where at?

I think the pacing in Begins was fine. Begins slow pace was necessary in my opinion.
Not that it was slow... That it was inconsistent. Too little time was spent on things that could be seen as important. Like

or

That's what I'm talking about. BALANCE. TDK had balance, to me. This isn't imbalanced enough to make me not like the movie (because I f*cking love this movie), but it's imbalanced enough to make me notice that at times, it is inconsistent.

Last edited by DaOmega_1; 07-23-2012 at 12:23 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #40
calle13 411 heat pts411
space
space
$5,232 | Props total: 8659 8659
I actually Didnt Like The Movie To Be Honest
Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
158 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
29 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
148 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
51 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago