Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
17 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
66 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #221
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,730 | Props total: 2219 2219
I went back and watched Batman Begins on tv the other day and The Dark Knight Blu-Ray last nite. My conclusion is while Rises was epic, TDK is better than this film and i can now see that its the best in the series. I think what made Rises fall short of being the best is not enough Batman presence like TS said but its still a good a.ss film that ill watch just as much as the first two.
 5 years ago '04        #222
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,078 | Props total: 4425 4425
 DaOmega_1 said:
Exactly... I guess people forgot about suspending disbelief. This IS a movie based in a comic-book mirror of our world...
theres suspending belief and then theres sh*t that makes no sense

i will give you the magical jumping child back punches and mystic rope hangs to fix his back that i can say is the mysticism behind the movie its the other sh*t that just flies in the face of anything that makes sense
 5 years ago '06        #223
kyh0mpb 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,011 | Props total: 4 4
I don't get why it matters that Heath Ledger carried TDK. That doesn't make it worse of a movie, because he's IN the movie - talking about "Oh, it'd be sh*tty if he wasn't in it" is conjecture.

Anyways, I haven't watched TDK in a long time, and I think these movies are VERY close in rating for me, but I had a few problems with TDKR.

Cotillard was pretty wack. Her dying scene almost made me laugh.

Bane's voice was annoying. I understood pretty much everything he said, but that's not the point. I shouldn't have to listen so intently to understand a character, and spend 10 seconds after he's done talking running his lines through in my mind to make sure I understood them correctly. And how the fu*k does he end up with an influenced British aristocrat English accent being born and raised in an underground prison in bumfu*k Egypt?

I didn't care about
[spoiler - click to view]

My main fundamental problem with the flick though was the ending. I'm not sure about how I feel about Bruce not dying, but I definitely dislike my hand being held in the scene with Alfred. All we needed was a look at the camera from Alfred, fade to black.

Now, with the fact in mind that Bruce is "dead", it makes perfect sense for him to pass his legacy on to Blake. But knowing that he's actually alive, it seems pretty morally sh*tty for Batman to purposely lead this young kid into the life that has essentially destroyed his life. I realize that they are very similar in the way they are orphans, they are angry, etc. and they share the knowledge that Bruce is Batman, and they even have similar vigilante-ish attitudes. But as Batman, the protector of the people, I don't know how much I can believe that he could just fake his death and let another guy take his place as Gotham's protector.

That's what I've been thinking about the most since I left the movie

Last edited by kyh0mpb; 07-24-2012 at 09:35 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #224
29 26 6 heat pts
space
space
$11,182 | Props total: 2584 2584
If the movie would've faded to black after Alfred looked at the camera.. I think Nolan would've caught a lot of flack because it would've been compared to his inception ending and probably more people would've been pissed that the ending was open ended. I liked the ending.
 07-24-2012, 11:20 PM         #225
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 29 26 said:
If the movie would've faded to black after Alfred looked at the camera.. I think Nolan would've caught a lot of flack because it would've been compared to his inception ending and probably more people would've been pissed that the ending was open ended. I liked the ending.
Either way you have its sh*t.
 5 years ago '04        #226
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
 kyh0mpb said:
I don't get why it matters that Heath Ledger carried TDK. That doesn't make it worse of a movie, because he's IN the movie - talking about "Oh, it'd be sh*tty if he wasn't in it" is conjecture.

Anyways, I haven't watched TDK in a long time, and I think these movies are VERY close in rating for me, but I had a few problems with TDKR.

Cotillard was pretty wack. Her dying scene almost made me laugh.

Bane's voice was annoying. I understood pretty much everything he said, but that's not the point. I shouldn't have to listen so intently to understand a character, and spend 10 seconds after he's done talking running his lines through in my mind to make sure I understood them correctly. And how the fu*k does he end up with an influenced British aristocrat English accent being born and raised in an underground prison in bumfu*k Egypt?

I didn't care about

My main fundamental problem with the flick though was the ending. I'm not sure about how I feel about Bruce not dying, but I definitely dislike my hand being held in the scene with Alfred. All we needed was a look at the camera from Alfred, fade to black.

Now, with the fact in mind that Bruce is "dead", it makes perfect sense for him to pass his legacy on to Blake. But knowing that he's actually alive, it seems pretty morally sh*tty for Batman to purposely lead this young kid into the life that has essentially destroyed his life. I realize that they are very similar in the way they are orphans, they are angry, etc. and they share the knowledge that Bruce is Batman, and they even have similar vigilante-ish attitudes. But as Batman, the protector of the people, I don't know how much I can believe that he could just fake his death and let another guy take his place as Gotham's protector.

That's what I've been thinking about the most since I left the movie
I see your point, but

5 years ago '06        #227
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,531 | Props total: 6777 6777
movie was weak
the ending was pretty decent but blahhhhh
 5 years ago '08        #228
Hiero 112 heat pts112
space
space
$19,568 | Props total: 2400 2400
 Blah said:
movie was weak
the ending was pretty decent but blahhhhh
Let it marinate.
 5 years ago '04        #229
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,809 | Props total: 1831 1831
 MosDefinition said:
see this is the type of sh*t im talking about there no explanation so you resort to name calling because you fan boys cant accept facts

none of this sh*t that your talking about happened in the movie all this he coulda did this or he coulda did that atg the end of the day none of it took place

What "facts" are you talking about ?? the reason you got the reply you got from me is because you replied to my post with a " well if the movie didn't show it then I'm not open to any logical explanations even if they seem likely or possible because Nolan didn't put such a trivial explanation in the movie of how Batman got back then others shouldn't have the right to 'theorize' an explanation " type attitude .

and why do you keep saying " none of that was shown in the movie " like everybody in here doesn't already know that ? For the last time it's a THEORY,what's wrong with people theorizing as long as it's logical ??? Having a problem with simply that just makes you sound bitter that people are enjoying a movie you had problems with.

kyh0mpb said:
because the rest of the movie was mediocre IMO, to the point where when I watch it I just skip around to all the joker scenes. That's not a good movie.

Rises is dope all the way through, it could change with time but I dont see myself skipping around to certain scenes when rises hits Blu-Ray, Ill be able to sit through the whole thing and enjoy it thoroughly.

One performance no matter how strong it is can VERY rarely make an entire movie.

kyh0mpb said:

My main fundamental problem with the flick though was the ending.

Nah , I would've gotten it as well had it been left out, I think everyone (even casual fans at least after 2-3 views) would've gotten it, but there's something about seeing Bruce on screen that gives the audience as well as the trilogy more closure. I also think it adds to the ending that Selina Kyle was there with Bruce, which would be hard to give away had they only shown Alfred. I dont understand why people dont understand that scene as a "powerful" visual. I understand there's always fans who want to feel like they "caught" something extra casual fans didn't because it makes them feel special or smarter. So to some of them not showing Bruce would've sat better with them but honestly the second you see Bruce ( and Selina) and that Han's Zimmer Batman theme kicks in thundering you just want to let out a loud cheer. Shyt is powerful, it was needed, Nolan did the right thing.

youknowmystelo said:
Either way you have its sh*t.

Stelo you mothaphucka ! I was wondering when your monkey a$$ would pop in here.

Last edited by psylence2k; 07-24-2012 at 11:56 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #230
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,531 | Props total: 6777 6777
 Cooked Brickz said:
Let it marinate.
cant front even though i knew he was

from the jump
i got excited when the women called him that at the end

but the flick was average to me
 5 years ago '04        #231
bluedawgalex 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,736 | Props total: 1640 1640
flick was on point to me, it had some lil things that could have been better but overall its great.
 5 years ago '04        #232
Dash 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$8,165 | Props total: 17788 17788
Without bane, this movie is shyt aswell so I can't knock anyone for thinking that TDK would be shyt without Heath.

Wen TDK ended, everyone stood and clapped. Wen TDKR ended, some clapped, I walked the fukk out.

TDK is king shyt, Begins was beautiful but TDKR was just good, nothing more imo.

I could watch TDK everyday and not get tired it that shyt. Call it overrated or whatever the fukk u want but its the best film of the three. Shyt ain't even debateable to me. No replay value?? Fukk outta here
 07-25-2012, 07:12 AM         #233
BROOKLYNSTANDUP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
What "facts" are you talking about ?? the reason you got the reply you got from me is because you replied to my post with a " well if the movie didn't show it then I'm not open to any logical explanations even if they seem likely or possible because Nolan didn't put such a trivial explanation in the movie of how Batman got back then others shouldn't have the right to 'theorize' an explanation " type attitude .

and why do you keep saying " none of that was shown in the movie " like everybody in here doesn't already know that ? For the last time it's a THEORY,what's wrong with people theorizing as long as it's logical ??? Having a problem with simply that just makes you sound bitter that people are enjoying a movie you had problems with.

because the rest of the movie was mediocre IMO, to the point where when I watch it I just skip around to all the joker scenes. That's not a good movie.

Rises is dope all the way through, it could change with time but I dont see myself skipping around to certain scenes when rises hits Blu-Ray, Ill be able to sit through the whole thing and enjoy it thoroughly.

One performance no matter how strong it is can VERY rarely make an entire movie.

Nah , I would've gotten it as well had it been left out, I think everyone (even casual fans at least after 2-3 views) would've gotten it, but there's something about seeing Bruce on screen that gives the audience as well as the trilogy more closure. I also think it adds to the ending that Selina Kyle was there with Bruce, which would be hard to give away had they only shown Alfred. I dont understand why people dont understand that scene as a "powerful" visual. I understand there's always fans who want to feel like they "caught" something extra casual fans didn't because it makes them feel special or smarter. So to some of them not showing Bruce would've sat better with them but honestly the second you see Bruce ( and Selina) and that Han's Zimmer Batman theme kicks in thundering you just want to let out a loud cheer. Shyt is powerful, it was needed, Nolan did the right thing.

Stelo you mothaphucka ! I was wondering when your monkey a$$ would pop in here.

The ending was so fu*king predictable it wasnt even funny. As soon as Alfred described his dream you KNEW he it was going to end like that. Do you really think they would k!ll Batman in this flick? You know Nolan needs to keep it opened ending just in case he gets a boner for the series in a 5 years and whats to do a another sequel. sh*t was not powerful in any way. Half way through this movie you knew exactly what was going to happen and that took the air out of it for me.

Last edited by BROOKLYNSTANDUP; 07-25-2012 at 07:15 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #234
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,809 | Props total: 1831 1831
 BROOKLYNSTANDUP said:
The ending was so fu*king predictable it wasnt even funny. As soon as Alfred described his dream you KNEW he it was going to end like that. Do you really think they would k!ll Batman in this flick? You know Nolan needs to keep it opened ending just in case he gets a boner for the series in a 5 years and whats to do a another sequel. sh*t was not powerful in any way. Half way through this movie you knew exactly what was going to happen and that took the air out of it for me.
Just because it was predictable doesn't necessarily make it a bad ending off of that alone.

I thought it was still a really dope ending and it was obviously powerful as everyone in my theater cheered.

but of course you were probably that one guy in there with his arms folded and disgruntled but of course that's the beautiful thing about being able to be entitled to your own opinion. You can say this movie was worse than Batman and Robin to you and you would still be entitled to your own opinion, it doesn't necessarily mean anything tho.

and if Nolan wants to walk away who exactly are you to tell him he shouldn't ?? are you the one that lives with the consequences of those decisions ??

Last edited by psylence2k; 07-25-2012 at 09:13 AM..
 5 years ago '08        #235
triznathaniel 42 heat pts42
space
space
$5,832 | Props total: 1333 1333
 BROOKLYNSTANDUP said:
I feel sorry for people like you... Maybe it was predictable, and maybe if I wasn't so into everything else that was going on at the moment I would have gotten hung up on Alfred's fantasy too... Even then I'm not sure, because I knew who John Blake was from the moment he confronted Bruce Wayne, and the reveal at the end still made me smile... I've said it before, some people are either just trolling or too damn cool to enjoy greatness, yall are missing out either way

If they do a sequel, I doubt Bruce Wayne would be the main protagonist... he did fake his death after all, plus he's not going to get any less broken down after so many years... if they brought him back he would have to be a.ssisting Blake from the shadows, kind of like Batman Beyond
 5 years ago '09        #236
DatBrownDood 109 heat pts109
space
space
$26,046 | Props total: 1325 1325
watched the movie last night...did anyone else have trouble hearing banes voice in some parts of the movie? i for one always had the face when he was talking and tried so hard to understand what he was saying...i gotta watch it again
 5 years ago '04        #237
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,078 | Props total: 4425 4425
 BrownBag said:
watched the movie last night...did anyone else have trouble hearing banes voice in some parts of the movie? i for one always had the face when he was talking and tried so hard to understand what he was saying...i gotta watch it again
i was going to chalk it up to me being in a sh*t movie theater till i read that alot of people online complained about it aswell

also can the fan boys atr least admit this that talias death was one of the most laughably bad in recent movies
 07-25-2012, 12:32 PM         #238
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I totally disagree with the concept that they shouldn't have shown Bruce at the Table nodding back.

Would it have been more ambigous and "cool" to leave it unseen and only Alfred nodding? Sure... But as a huge fan of the Batman character & universe since a small child, I needed that shot of Bruce. If they were going to k!ll him, then so be it... But don't fukken tease me with a Nod by Alfred and then leave it open... Not in this series.

That shot of Bruce, even though I knew it was coming, meant something to me. Hit me emotionally. To see him alive, with Selina, giving it a go at moving on and getting past his demons... It was a shot I needed to see... To say goodbye to the character...

To only have it implied with a Alfred head nod and nothing more would have been a insult.

We've lived with these films and these characters for 7-8 years... This is the end... We desearve to know their fate one way or the other... Definitively.

MosDefinition said:
also can the fan boys atr least admit this that talias death was one of the most laughably bad in recent movies
Worst thing I've ever seen in a Nolan movie.

Pathetic.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
112 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
1 day ago