DaOmega_1 reviews "The Dark Knight Rises"

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
126 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #181
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,611 | Props total: 2128 2128
The first half of this movie, to me, was amazing. The second half, was just a mess of a movie. Everything Nolan created in the first half was undone in the second half. The only redeeming part about the second half of the movie was Blake finding out about Gordon and Batman hiding the truth about Harvey Dent's death. That scene was amazing.
 07-24-2012, 09:11 AM         #182
endless lies 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can anyone tell me what Bruce did to knock the bricks out of the wall when he put on his knee brace?

A lot of the scenes are dark and it's hard to see exactly what's going on. But I can't tell if he's kicking the bricks out or what?
 07-24-2012, 10:08 AM         #183
Trendsetter305 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
another great review, Omega, keep them coming
 5 years ago '04        #184
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,787 | Props total: 1795 1795
 Bobby's World said:
Nah b, like I said in another thread, I think the problem with Bane is that he didnt want to keep everything on the low. The League operates in the shadows, they dont have stand offs with the president. Bane had the same societal beliefs as the League, but he wanted to operate differently and do whatever it took, even if it means exposure. Ras didnt operate like that.

And anybody thinking Bane was just a goon is not paying attention to the overall story.
I mean that's a nice theory and all but you need something concrete from the movie to back it up properly and connect those two dots together.

At least with mine I have Talia saying " his only crime was that he loved me. "
 5 years ago '04        #185
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 Bautmoney!™ said:
Joker > Bane

The Dark Knight > Dark Knight Rises

I like both films, but the Dark Knight was and is the best Batman Movie to date..

When people get over the hype of Rises they will see..

I doubt it,

Dark Knight to me was alot of hype, I loved it on first viewing then by the fourth it lost its' appeal to me.

I have the Blu-Ray but I haven't watched it in years, I've probably seen the movie only 4-5 times total and that's all when it first released.

Now I just go to youtube solely for the Joker scenes and that's pretty much it, most of the movie is hard for me to sit through.
 5 years ago '05        #186
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 psylence2k said:
I mean that's a nice theory and all but you need something concrete from the movie to back it up properly and connect those two dots together.

At least with mine I have Talia saying " his only crime was that he loved me. "
Ehh. I'll have to watch it again for direct quotes. But between Alfreds explanation to Bruce, Bane's actual actions, and Ras' actual actions, lies the only proverbial "line" that would define "extreme". To me that was exposure. They did the same thing, moved the same way, except for when it came down to actual plans.

Ras wanted to WATCH the citizens tear Gotham apart as a result of the fear toxin.
Bane jumped to the frontline and TORE Gotham apart and didnt leave it up to the citizens.
 5 years ago '04        #187
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,069 | Props total: 4417 4417
 endless lies said:
Can anyone tell me what Bruce did to knock the bricks out of the wall when he put on his knee brace?

A lot of the scenes are dark and it's hard to see exactly what's going on. But I can't tell if he's kicking the bricks out or what?
it most have been some kind of bionic knee brace from fox im a.ssuming

the problem is it didnt actually make his knee get any better so how the fu*k did his knee magically get better im sorry doing a bunch of sit ups and push ups isnt going to fix your knee with no cartilage
 5 years ago '04        #188
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 Bobby's World said:
Ehh. I'll have to watch it again for direct quotes. But between Alfreds explanation to Bruce, Bane's actual actions, and Ras' actual actions, lies the only proverbial "line" that would define "extreme". To me that was exposure. They did the same thing, moved the same way, except for when it came down to actual plans.

Ras wanted to WATCH the citizens tear Gotham apart as a result of the fear toxin.
Bane jumped to the frontline and TORE Gotham apart and didnt leave it up to the citizens.

Let's think about this logically tho

If Ra's Al Ghul wanted Bane to fall in line he would've fell in line.

Bane was willing to die with the bomb to satisfy Talia and carry out the mission.

If he was willing to be Talia's puppet and pawn , Why wouldn't he have done the same for Ra's especially when Talia was still around as well ?? If he loved Talia he would've done it both for her and for the approval of her father, and willing to die with the bomb shows that he's willing to take orders, play his role, and make sacrifices. I dont think that type of person would've had problems taking orders from Ra's.
 5 years ago '05        #189
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
 psylence2k said:
Let's think about this logically tho

If Ra's Al Ghul wanted Bane to fall in line he would've fell in line.

Bane was willing to die with the bomb to satisfy Talia and carry out the mission.

If he was willing to be Talia's puppet and pawn , Why wouldn't he have done the same for Ra's especially when Talia was still around as well ?? If he loved Talia he would've done it both for her and for the approval of her father, and willing to die with the bomb shows that he's willing to take orders, play his role, and make sacrifices. I dont think that type of person would've had problems taking orders from Ra's.
Bane was willing to die to see GOTHAM DESTROYED which was "The essential function of the League of Shadows". Both Talia and Bane were out to finish Ras' mission. Bane was no more Talia's puppet, than she was a puppet for her own father.

Ras' was dead. But the symbol of the League of Shadows lived on through Bane and Talia.
Bane was extreme because he was willing to do WHATEVER IT TOOK even if it meant all out war with the government and self sacrifice. Talia didnt care cause either way she avenging her father and being loyal to the dude that saved her life. She was down either way.
 5 years ago '04        #190
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,069 | Props total: 4417 4417
 Bobby's World said:
Bane was willing to die to see GOTHAM DESTROYED which was "The essential function of the League of Shadows". Both Talia and Bane were out to finish Ras' mission. Bane was no more Talia's puppet, than she was a puppet for her own father.

Ras' was dead. But the symbol of the League of Shadows lived on through Bane and Talia.
Bane was extreme because he was willing to do WHATEVER IT TOOK even if it meant all out war with the government and self sacrifice. Talia didnt care cause either way she avenging her father and being loyal to the dude that saved her life. She was down either way.
he didnt have any intention of dying when the city blew up because he was going to go back and k!ll bruce wayne he wasnt just going to leave him in the prison

thats why him and talia waiting till the bomb would go off on its own didnt make much sense

unless you just want to add the countdown clock
 5 years ago '04        #191
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 Bobby's World said:

If Bane was willing to take control of the mission he could've easily lived and blew up Gotham at the same time.

He followed Talia's orders without question so that doesn't defy the logic that if he was willing to be Talia's puppet then why wouldn't he have been Talia and Ras's ???

Bane isn't as "I dont give a phuck" as you think because he still worked behind the scenes and took precautions for half the movie until the point where he chose to reveal himself because he wanted to give Gotham their "freedom speech ".

At the end of the day both Ras and Bane wanted to completely destroy Gotham so they're at the same level of extremity. What you're hypothesizing about Bane isn't a difference in extremity it's a difference in discreetness/conspicuousness.

By the end of the movie you should easily see that Bane is not a head mastermind type, he's a general taking orders. There's nothing about him that would make me doubt that Ras couldn't have kept him in line if he wanted to.
 5 years ago '05        #192
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
 MosDefinition said:
he didnt have any intention of dying when the city blew up because he was going to go back and k!ll bruce wayne he wasnt just going to leave him in the prison

thats why him and talia waiting till the bomb would go off on its own didnt make much sense

unless you just want to add the countdown clock
Hmm. Dont know...

I thought that whole "Then you'll have my permission to die" jazz was figuratively speaking.
Bruce dying on the inside first from failing and watching Gotham die, and then dying in prison physically as a cripple.
 5 years ago '05        #193
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
 psylence2k said:
If Bane was willing to take control of the mission he could've easily lived and blew up Gotham at the same time.

He followed Talia's orders without question so that doesn't defy the logic that if he was willing to be Talia's puppet then why wouldn't he have been Talia and Ras's ???

Bane isn't as "I dont give a phuck" as you think because he still worked behind the scenes and took precautions for half the movie until the point where he chose to reveal himself because he wanted to give Gotham their "freedom speech ".

At the end of the day both Ras and Bane wanted to completely destroy Gotham so they're at the same level of extremity. What you're hypothesizing about Bane isn't a difference in extremity it's a difference in discreetness/conspicuousness.

By the end of the movie you should easily see that Bane is not a head mastermind type, he's a general taking orders. There's nothing about him that would make me doubt that Ras couldn't have kept him in line if he wanted to.
Lol but it wasnt without question tho. She told Bane, KEEP HIM ALIVE. As soon as she bounced, Bane reached for the shotty, no hesitation. The same type of thing that would've got him kicked out. Lol.
 5 years ago '04        #194
SMBNYC 5 heat pts
space
space
$762 | Props total: 14 14
 psylence2k said:
I dont understand why people had a problem with the pacing??

I never thought the pacing was bad, ESPECIALLY in the beginning. Am I the only one that thought Nolan purposely wanted to leave Batman out for at least the first 30-40 min of the film ?? I felt like the movie was doing what it was suppose to in driving home the message and feeling of Batman's "absence" for the past 8 years and letting us truly examine a crippled and disheartened Wayne ??

I never ever felt bored during that 45 min period because Nolan did such a amazing job with new character introductions as well as old character developments that my attention was kept and rewarded all the way until the final seconds of progressing into the "second act".

Maybe it was just me , but I found way more things in this movie to enjoy than just Batman. Though I've always looked for that since we're all familiar with what Batman does when he's on screen. He mostly just kicks a$$ and delivers the film's action scenes which we already agree there was no lack of in this one.

TDK (which had the best singular performance of the trilogy with Heath) only made me care about the Joker, the rest of the movie just didn't have much replay value for me outside of the Joker scenes. Therefore it made the movie feel a bit "unbalanced" since when Joker was not on scene, the movie was so mediocre that all I wanted was to see the Joker back on the screen.

That's not the case with this movie though, Nolan intrigued me from so many different angles that the movie just seemed more "balanced" even though it's storyline wasn't as linear as TDK. In TDK Heath's Performance was a 10 and everyone else was a 7 IMO. In TDKR it's pretty much all 9's and a few 8's across the board. That's why the movie just feels better as a whole to me .
I pretty much agree with this all around, in fact I think it's TDK that had pacing issues. Like I really FELT the 3hr experience in TDK, I was aware of how long things were goin on and at points it was a bit much and outside of the Joker many of the actors were a bit low brow. Whereas in TDKR I never even noticed the time going by and even though I hated Matthew Modine's part, I felt that retained some of the corny aspect from certain actors in TDK and I felt it was entirely unnecessary.

I really loved TDK and at the time I was blown away but I gotta say Nolan blew me away even more with TDKR if possible. I was fully enrapt from start to finish, at no point in the beginning was I "missing" Batman, the story was building I didn't need Batman at that point.I enjoyed the fact I wasn't just thrown into some comic book scene without development. I give TDKR a 10 on many levels.

5 years ago '04        #195
lment 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,040 | Props total: 66 66
good movie but not near TDK level

the whole
[spoiler - click to view]

really ruined the plot for me.
 5 years ago '04        #196
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 lment said:

the whole

1. Miranda never loved Bane in a romantic sense.

2. Bane already knew who Batman was because the League of Shadows already knew his identity from back in the day, not because Miranda made some kind of discovery.

3. Miranda knew all along Bruce was Batman as well, she wanted intimacy with him so she could gain his trust and gain power over Wayne Enterprises and find the nuclear reactor.

Last edited by psylence2k; 07-24-2012 at 12:35 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #197
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 135 135
 lment said:

the whole

hoes gonna be hoes relax player
 07-24-2012, 01:09 PM         #198
LaRy BLanco 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
movie wouldve been alot better if Bane came with subtitles
 5 years ago '05        #199
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
 lment said:

the whole

So Bruce wasnt never trained by the League of Shadows huh? I guess the identity of the traitor that k!lled the leader of the League of Shadows would never ring any bells. Another astounding plot hole identified by an intelligent audience member.
 5 years ago '04        #200
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
For all those people that wonder :

" How did Bruce get back from India ?!?!? and then back into Gotham without bridges ?!?? "

It just dawned on me that a simple way would be for him to find a way to call Lucius long distance, have him arrange a flight and then have Lucius pick him up and transport him back into Gotham with the Bat.

BAM One of the biggest so called "plot holes" debunked.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
262 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
38 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
103 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
32 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
98 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
46 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy