Rick Ross- God Forgives I Don't [Official Album Discussion Thread]

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
57 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
26 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
8 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
313 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-23-2012, 11:26 AM         #21
JayDee11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rozay bout to get his well deserved first platinum album

The internet will bark "C.O." while the streets scream "Hold Me Back"

Bawse the most consistent rapper in the game right now
 07-23-2012, 11:26 AM         #22
ADOUBLEF MOBSTA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How Can You Discuss Something That Didn't Leak Yet?
 5 years ago '12        #23
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
$24,161 | Props total: 11466 11466
When you're a boss, every move is calculated. Nothing is left to chance, and no opportunity is wasted. On the surface, it might seem like Rick Ross is just making music, but the Maybach Music CEO isn't just putting work in the studio. When Rozay drops his sixth solo album, God Forgives, I Don't, on July 31, he will have completed a plan over a year in the making.

From the album's menacing title to its meaningful cover, from its future rap hits to its well-laid concepts, the Bawse sat down with MTV News at the Mandarin Oriental hotel in Washington D.C. for our Hip-Hop Music Preview, breaking down, in his own words, his long-awaited God Forgives, I Don't.

The Title: God Forgives, I Don't
"I knew approaching this album, I wanted to approach titling it a lot different from previous albums. I wanted it to be strong and impactful. The first half is God Forgives: It's a lot of us need forgiveness. I Don't represented the street aspect of life. I feel we have both sides that we deal with in life. I gave 'em one of those feelings that it was a motion picture, a masterpiece, five-star."

Hip-Hop Preview Week 2012: Rick Ross
The Album Cover
"We actually used a church to shoot some photos in. I remember sitting in the church just waiting for the photographer, and I remember sitting in there praying, just being thankful. I knew I wanted to have 10 Jesus pieces on. Of course, one Jesus piece was always fly, but I just wanted 10. I just wanted to go to that next level."

The Recording Process
"I keep my circle extremely small when it comes to me recording my music. I put the music together before I even put the words to the music, because I feel it's easier for me to write the words and make it fit the music versus me finding music that can fit my words."

The Cinematic Influence
"This may be 'Inglourious Basterds,' man. We gonna peel your scalp back on this one. Quentin Tarantino, that's one of the vibes I was in when I titled the album. I wanted to approach it like a film."

The Tracks
"Hold Me Back": "That's the struggle, the angle I wanted to take on that record once again from somebody who may not have much, but that don't determine where you end up in the game. From struggle to triumph, as long as you stay loyal with your clique and your family, you can overcome whatever. That's how I feel."

"Amsterdam": "It's based around the red light district, but I kinda flipped it where being a boss you gotta get approval for a green light. I'm one of those people you can't green light. As long I've been in this game, there's been a lot of talk, but ain't nobody stepped on these 11 and a half's. The reason being: This is the red light district, you can't move on this side."

"Diced Pineapples": "When I got out of the hospital — you know, I had a seizure last year — when I was leaving, the doctor told me, 'You gotta eat some more fruit, drink you some water, eat fruit and just relax for a little while.' My fruit of choice was pineapples. For the next three weeks, I woke up every morning and ate diced pineapples, and I put the concept together. Drizzy came in, as well as Wale, and it's kinda like, 'She could be my diced pineapple. This special lady, she could be what I wake up to every morning and help me get by every day."

The Five-Word Description
"Classic, untouchable, boss, success, revenge. If you doubted us being here three years ago, five years ago, you don't understand hip-hop, you don't understand the power of rap music."
 5 years ago '11        #24
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104 OP
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 JayDee11 said:

5 years ago '09        #25
trock34 93 heat pts93
space
space
space
$25,186 | Props total: 7364 7364
Wed says the guy who leaked Life Is Good

Sixteen
 5 years ago '11        #26
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 trock34 said:
Wed says the guy who leaked Life Is Good

Sixteen
 07-23-2012, 12:32 PM         #27
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ADOUBLEF MOBSTA said:
How Can You Discuss Something That Didn't Leak Yet?
It's easy, you just discuss your expectations, and your opinion on the singles, videos, vlogs, and snippets. Or you could discuss the production.
 07-23-2012, 12:57 PM         #28
Deetee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sh*ts trash

07-23-2012, 01:02 PM         #29
Yung Chance 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ross doing 140k max 1st week in my opinion

only thing i replayed from ross in the past 6 months is this thing of ours,all birds,and stay scheming

unfortunately their not on this cd,and the streets dont buy cds
 07-23-2012, 01:02 PM         #30
YesUcantCme 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Deetee said:
sh*ts trash

5 years ago '04        #31
j0hncena 90 heat pts90
space
space
$11,073 | Props total: 1559 1559
Free buffet coupons in the booklet
 5 years ago '11        #32
SugaHillRomello 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$858 | Props total: 0 0
 JayDee11 said:

let the Outsiders hate, WE got u Ross
 5 years ago '05        #33
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
i thought yall had the leak its gotta come soon
 5 years ago '12        #34
daman729 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,475 | Props total: 13016 13016
GFID will do at least 200k the first week. There's no way it will be below that. All the promo,etc he has gotten. But i don't know about going platinum in a short time though. Cause like i said before, if you music doesn't appeal to the young white demographic, it may not go plat. It will prob go plat eventually though. Ross made that sh*t clearly obvious he not crossing his music over and thats fine with me. The only street rapper I know with a huge white audience is jeezy and thats only because he got alot of his fans from jay. I'll prob buy this album just like i bought nas's. Judging by the snippets, it a.ssume the album will be another solid production a usual. I also predict that the same cats trolling and bashing ross will be the same ones bumping the album just like all of the other productions by ross. Musically, its probally ross's best production. Lyrically i cant say the same, cause the snippets are too short.

Somebody out there got this album right now though but theyre sitting on it.. i heard it might leak tomorrow but I not sure.
 5 years ago '10        #35
MarcusF87 
space
space
$3,899 | Props total: 30 30
 j0hncena said:
 5 years ago '12        #36
Dee352 170 heat pts170
space
space
$10,742 | Props total: 610 610
 JayDee11 said:

This album ain't going platinum
 5 years ago '12        #37
daman729 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,475 | Props total: 13016 13016
 j0hncena said:
sh*t. I wish that sh*t was true.
 5 years ago '12        #38
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,824 | Props total: 22169 22169
I thought stay schemin was gonna be on it? Album will flop.
 5 years ago '05        #39
kronzsw 52 heat pts52
space
space
$6,154 | Props total: 10172 10172
wheres this sh*t at? everything ive heard so far is a.ss cheeks
 5 years ago '04        #40
dosis 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,008 | Props total: 122 122
 daman729 said:
GFID will do at least 200k the first week. There's no way it will be below that. All the promo,etc he has gotten. But i don't know about going platinum in a short time though. Cause like i said before, if you music doesn't appeal to the young white demographic, it may not go plat. It will prob go plat eventually though. Ross made that sh*t clearly obvious he not crossing his music over and thats fine with me. The only street rapper I know with a huge white audience is jeezy and thats only because he got alot of his fans from jay. I'll prob buy this album just like i bought nas's. Judging by the snippets, it a.ssume the album will be another solid production a usual. I also predict that the same cats trolling and bashing ross will be the same ones bumping the album just like all of the other productions by ross. Musically, its probally ross's best production. Lyrically i cant say the same, cause the snippets are too short.

Somebody out there got this album right now though but theyre sitting on it.. i heard it might leak tomorrow but I not sure.
how da fu*k he got his fans from jay????
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
112 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
118 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
119 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
76 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
169 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
38 comments
20 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy