Unpopular Opinions

most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
29 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
77 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
60 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #101
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
Drake does Lil Wayne better than Lil Wayne.

Biggie is and always was overrated. Very talented but never a top 5 dead or alive.

Tupac wasn't the greatest rapper ever in terms of skills, but was the greatest rapper ever in terms of influence and appreciation.

Canibus at his best was a Top 5 dead or alive.

Doggystyle by Snoop was one of the greatest rap albums ever. Top 8, no further than 8.

Nas is the best rapper ever in terms of skills. Jay-Z was NEVER on his level and never will be.

Jay-Z is overrated as a rapper. He has skills and has his moments, but is not a Top 10 dead or alive.

Kanye was overrated as a producer skill-wise, but he always chose the right sounds to make his beats enjoyable.

Q-tip is a great rapper, possibly the most underrated of all time.

Inspectah Deck was the dopest Wu member.

Snoop had the best flow of all time.

Rick Ross is trash.

And I'll leave yall with a great piece from Nas that doesn't get enough attention or shine. Young emcees, take note if you wanna learn how to write:

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #102
ondareal 
space
space
$2,512 | Props total: 781 781
I like these threads, here goes mine.

Pharoahe Monch is top 10.

Eminem fell the fu*k off after MMLP

Lupe coulda been top 5 if he woulda stayed wit his F&L style

Lil Wayne coulda been top 10 if he gave a fu*k

Alotta NY n*ggas be corny now
 5 years ago '05        #103
lokey19 6 heat pts
space
space
$945 | Props total: 277 277
 Young_Impetuous said:
ludacris is one of the most uninspired rappers alive
truest sh*t I've read in a while
 5 years ago '05        #104
MemphBleek05 46 heat pts46
space
space
$10,202 | Props total: 8717 8717
  • Dungeon Family > Wu-Tang
  • Andre 3000 and Big Boi are equals...people just give 3000 extra points because he's viewed as "different"
  • Rick Ross is easily one of the most consistent in the game (Outside of Jeezy)
  • Although Jim Jones isn't anywhere near the best, as far as rapping goes, his albums are typically solid
  • Hustler's POME was one of the better albums dropped in 2006....which is good, considering what all came out that year (HHID, Kingdom Come, MM 2, Hell Hath No Fury, King, Donuts, Fishscale, etc)
  • Papoose has always been wack...
  • Even though I don't care for some of their imagery, lyrics...MellowHype are the best out of OFWGKTA
  • Lil' B is a marketing genius...
  • Riff Raff too....
  • Em and Jay are about even on Renegade
  • Black Thought outrapped Eminem in that BET cypher.....
  • The fact that people consider Dr. Dre to be a rapper, is a complete joke
  • Pac/Biggie are both overrated to the point where you can't put someone above them with being ridiculed...
 5 years ago '09        #105
Arob 20 heat pts20
space
space
$3,766 | Props total: 919 919
8 Ball and MJG>>>>>UGK
 07-23-2012, 12:10 PM         #106
madeulook 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NCsFinest89 said:
And i agree with whoever said TI is overrated.
the logic on this site how is TI overrated? HOW? no one has him in their top 5, he isnt in the grand majority of goat discussions....with that being said TI has CLASSICS, he makes dope a.ss music and is a good mc, not in my top 5 or 10 but damn i dont see how he could be overrated.
 5 years ago '11        #107
ChickBoss414 27 heat pts27
space
space
$1,547 | Props total: 318 318
-- I'mmmm BAAAACCKKK!

*Jay-Z & Biggie ruined rap artistry with the idea that they didnt write their rhymes, which influenced so many other knuckleheads to try and accomplish this spontaneous and near ridiculous feat

*I respect his grind, but 2 Chainz is garbage

*Cassidy falls in a group of rappers like Kurupt, Can-I-Bus, and Papoose-- So much talent wasted or potential lost

*Frank Ocean coming out will be the platform for the first gay rapper

*Too Short & E-40 dont get the respect they are due for their contributions to rap/music

*Meek Mills mixtape offerings have been a bit underwhelming and weak

*Jay Electronica will not have the same impact he was going to have a couple years ago, when he finally decides to drop an album

*East Coast Rap(ppers) have lost their abilities, arrogance, and identities

*Regional/Coastal hyper-segregation actually gave Hip-Hop its edge and appeal

*We will NEVER see another rap album go DIAMOND

*(Commercial) Hip-Hop is an agent for consumerism and stereotype reinforcement.

*Did I contradict myself, when speaking on Drake, if I say I fu*ks with Devin The Dude?

*"Watch The Throne" was a HUGE disappointment as an album

*Scarface has one of the most complete and thorough discographies in rap history

*Timbaland was better at making music for the "pop" arena of music, over hip-hop

*Manny Fresh was an overrated producer (good for 3 or 4 songs versus an entire album)

*Ludacris' best albums were "Back For The First Time", "Release Therapy", and "Theatre of the Mind", everything else is rap purgatory

*Chief Keef doesnt represent whats wrong with Hip-Hop, He represents whats wrong with society

*We will NEVER see politically charged artists/groups like X-Clan, Public Enemy, or Dead Prez emerge in Hip-Hop again as we move farther away from the Civil Rights Era

*MC Eiht and Compton's Most Wanted made some of the BEST West Coast music ever

*DJ Quik is underappreciated as a phenomenal producer

*Childish Gambino is nicer than a lot of cats think, and doper than a lot of cats wish they could be

*Master P and the No Limit movement was the early precursor for Hip-Hop's demise from a business standpoint

*Swizz Beats has gotten over big time on the rap game as a "producer"

*Although he sold over 60 million albums worldwide, DMX only had 2 good albums (The 1st 2)

*When they were all on the label, B.G. was easily the best rapper out of the Hot Boyz

*Little Brother's "The Minstrel Show" is one of the BEST albums of the 2000's (Like Top 5, all genres)

*Cee-Lo needs to go back to rapping like he did on his very first solo album

*Just Blaze is overrated as a producer

*Lil Boosie keeps it real (to a fault) and that negro has the most annoying voice I have ever heard in rap music-- COT DAMN!

Last edited by ChickBoss414; 07-23-2012 at 01:46 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #108
ddoucette214 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,263 | Props total: 139 139
 TiestoFriendly said:
MBDTF was Kanye's best album yet. (But not by a lot, I mean all of Kanye's albums are AMAZING and it's really hard to rank them because of that fact)
That reminds me of another opinion:

I thought MBDTF was kanyes worst album EASILY

I thought every other one of his albums were classic or near classic. I never understood why everybody rates it so highly, there were too many other people on it and it just didnt do it for me musically

It has some good tracks on there tho, just not as much as the others.
 5 years ago '05        #109
ondareal 
space
space
$2,512 | Props total: 781 781
KRS One is one of the worst rappers I ever heard
 5 years ago '11        #110
Two Pistols 18 heat pts18 OP
space
space
$1,789 | Props total: 2 2
 Crookz said:
I don't care how OD the a.ss is Serena is ugly as fu*k
i know right. every time i've ever said that n*ggas looked at me crazy but that chick looks like a man
 5 years ago '11        #111
space
space
 madeulook said:
the logic on this site how is TI overrated? HOW? no one has him in their top 5, he isnt in the grand majority of goat discussions....with that being said TI has CLASSICS, he makes dope a.ss music and is a good mc, not in my top 5 or 10 but damn i dont see how he could be overrated.
His music is straight if you're into that but ppl tend to put him on a pedestal like his lyrics are untouchable when they are good but not overly so (let's not forget, in MY opinion)
The rest of what u said is opinionated, his music isnt for everybody and to me he's good, i never said he was wack but just overrated. A lot of ppl are on TI's d!ck but i dont see what's so special about the dude or his music. If i said he was wack i could maybe see u questioning my "logic" but there's a difference between being just straight up wack and being overrated....these are unpopular opinions and mine is that the n*gga is overrated. im sure TI doesnt care so i dont think anybody else really should.
 5 years ago '04        #112
U.B.HiRM 31 heat pts31
space
space
$12,210 | Props total: 481 481
carter 1, carter 2, and drought 3 are classics

ready to die is the greatest album i ever heard next to the MMLP
 5 years ago '11        #113
space
space
some ppl say, "dont act like you werent bumpin ja rule before the 50 cent beef"

venni vetti vecci was tight but once ja rule got on that pop sh*t, singing about being a thug who cries in the rain and "pain is love" sh*t i wasnt feelin his sh*t anymore, long before 50 and him started to beef. ja had some hard songs but his "never leave me alone BAAAAABBBYYYYY" beggin type songs i wasnt with had nothing 2 do with 50.
 5 years ago '05        #114
micseles 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,760 | Props total: 4244 4244
a couple more....

Black thought may be one of only a hand full of artist who has never had a weak verse

Paul Cain may have been nicer than fab, just never had the intangibles/persona to get noticed for it

You can say ODB sucked all you want, but he is one of the few artist to ever have his own style which could never be duplicated

Black hippy has the potential to be what slaughterhouse was supposed to be and much more

The west is holding hiphop down as far as creativity and substance goes right now....
 07-23-2012, 06:57 PM         #115
keysersoze0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
1) The Blueprint is probably the most overrated hip hop album of all time.

2) 2Pac is the most overrated single entity in the history of the entire universe (and possibly the multiverse).

3) Ja Rule was a better lyricist than 50 Cent ever was (not that he won the beef . . . he didn't)
 07-23-2012, 07:44 PM         #116
SOD RG 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
1. iSouljaBoyTellem was actually a good album.
2. The Slim Shady LP is a GREAT ALBUM, but it is not a classic.
3. Nas "Life Is Good" is better than "God Forgives, I Don't"
4. Rick Ross stans actually think Officer Rozay is gonna hit platinum with GFID
5. Hopsin is the best unsigned rapper, period .
6. Silkk The Shocker was a.ss, but I liked his albums anyway. Charge It 2 Tha Game is in my Top 30 atleast
7. Lil' Flip FELL THE F**K OFF!!! "Underground Legend" & "Can U Fell Me?" were 2 very dope albums.
8. Chingy's career is absolutely DEAD, NO MATTER WHAT he does in the future to try to revive it.

And who ever said that shyt about Ludacris being one of the most uninspired rappers, that has got to be the truest shyt I NEVER realized. Props to you.
 5 years ago '04        #117
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,650 | Props total: 5335 5335
 ballislife said:
Yes tupac was a poet and outspoken as a person just like wale is. If you actually listen to wale and look past the ignorance he shows sometimes you see the message he tries to show is the same pac tried to do before he died.

They also sound similar you probably won't watch but these are some examples to show you I'm not talking out my a.ss

07-23-2012, 08:52 PM         #118
keysersoze0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Crookz said:
Drake is actually talented and almost all of us can actually relate to his music whereas guys like 2chainz, meek mill (who are nothing special musically) get praised while 99.9999999999% never seen a kilo or driven a murcielago

The Marshall mathers lp is not eminem's best album

Big l is overrated

Beyonce isn't one of the hottest chicks ever. I see flyer women daily here in NY

I don't care how OD the a.ss is Serena is ugly as fu*k

French Montana is one of the best hook writers right now even though he's trash as a rapper

Ghostface has the most consistent discography in rap

Black thought is a great lyricist but is boring and would be nobody if the roots were just a couple mc's and no band

Everything DMX dropped after his first 2 was horrible

FACT Jay didn't want any part of big pun but he's in the goat discussion? Smh

Basedgods beat selection and song concepts are better than most rappers today

The rap fans of today who praise rakim, krs one and masta ace only listen to them cuz other rappers praise them and they're usually white hip-hop elitists

Cam was straight swagger jacking ghostface during the purple haze era

Lupe is overrated and a pseudo revolutionary who is obsessed with jap culture and is looking for acceptance from white people

This had me rollin for a minute
 07-23-2012, 08:55 PM         #119
OnlyOriginality 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nyuzi said:
Fans of hip hop show too much support for the South's garbage and neglect to show love for its talented artists.

Tupac was a great technical rapper and could readily outrap many of your favorites if confronted for a battle. He would shock many of you.

A lot of young kings in atlanta got a lot to say but no one can understand the lingo

Chief keef is aight but he's getting redundant and elementary
 07-23-2012, 10:11 PM         #120
OnlyOriginality 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Chicago is jackin Atlanta's swag when it comes to hip hop

All the old kings (and "hip hop heads") need to realize hip hop is gonna change

"gangsta rap" was never detrimental to rap or the our people, the lack of other sub-genres (thanks to the devils who bought our music) is the cause for the decline in quality

The south is the longest reigning region when it comes to who's holdin it down

The integration of our culture with mainstream is destroying our culture slowly
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
150 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
224 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kojima explains death stranding gameplay and lore
21 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
155 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
55 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy