The Dark Knight Rises FULL SPOILER and DETAILED EXPLANATION Beginning to End 7.22.2012 (long read)

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
104 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
98 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
50 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #21
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
Here's what didn't make sense to me.

In the beginning of the movie Bruce Wayne had a bad leg. He walks with a cane. The doctor even tells him that his knees are done when he goes in

Alfred gives him that knee brace which gives him the ability to use his knee normally. When he's in prison tho, he doesn't have the brace anymore (obviously).

So how then is he able to climb and jump to get out of the prison?
 5 years ago '04        #22
kalico17 
space
space
space
$213 | Props total: 8 8
batman wanted to show people that anyone could be batman

that was y he told blake to wear a mask to protect fam n sh*t

least my take

movie was sick tho>>

they suppose to be doin a reboot smh
 5 years ago '06        #23
Yung Dilla 1479 heat pts1479
space
space
$54,912 | Props total: 25854 25854
People asking about the prison scene. He got out because of pure will power that's why the old dude kept talking to him and telling him you need to have a reason to get out not anger or revenge. If you wanna get technical about how he got back so fast they never showed Bruce's boat or plane being taken The end was not a dream Alfred never visioned who the woman would be with Brice only a woman in this scene Bruce was with Salina and she had on the pearl necklace Bruce gave his mom.

Last edited by Yung Dilla; 07-22-2012 at 11:19 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #24
zogby 42 heat pts42
space
space
$2,131 | Props total: 26 26
If heath ledger was still alive he would of had scarecrows place and it would of made the movie tons better.

I still think he died for gothom with the bomb on the BAT plane , the whole fear of death subplot in the jail and how batman explains that his choice is gothom . Makes it seem he isnt just going to run away from gothom to go to some cafe in France with cat woman, the way Alfred cries at the funeral makes it seem legit and the way he has set it up lets robin become the next batman .

Many people already have the same idea -
 5 years ago '04        #25
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,773 | Props total: 251 251
only thing i dont get is why instead of robin being john blakes name, why not having john blake be an alias and reveal his real name to be d!ck grayson instead of robin john blake.
 5 years ago '11        #26
Deuterion 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,395 | Props total: 4461 4461
 zogby said:
If heath ledger was still alive he would of had scarecrows place and it would of made the movie tons better.

I still think he died for gothom with the bomb on the BAT plane , the whole fear of death subplot in the jail and how batman explains that his choice is gothom . Makes it seem he isnt just going to run away from gothom to go to some cafe in France with cat woman, the way Alfred cries at the funeral makes it seem legit and the way he has set it up lets robin become the next batman .

The whole "ending is a dream" theory is completely unfounded. Why stop there? Why not say the entire movie was a dream Bruce Wayne had after Harvey Dent died.
 5 years ago '04        #27
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,773 | Props total: 251 251
 zogby said:

he didnt die, they said he fixed the auto pilot awhile ago. alfred explained his dream about seeing him in a cafe before he so calledly died, but in truth he fullfilled alfred's wish by living, and retiring the mantel for a life of his own(the cafe scene at the end). think about it, if he has everything planned steps ahead, why would he not have a plan b for the bomb...
 5 years ago '12        #28
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,627 | Props total: 2140 2140
 zogby said:

It seemed legit because Alfred actually thought he had died. Bruce showing up with Selina at the cafe was his way of showing Alfred that he was alive and happy. Just as Alfred had dreamed he would one day. Truth is, he did die, but not in the way you think. Remember, Bruce has no more money. So, he is probably living under a new name, just like Selina via the device Bruce had that wiped you clean of your identity.
 5 years ago '04        #29
Motion 817 heat pts817
space
space
$19,231 | Props total: 1659 1659
 travthescumbag said:
Question...

How did Bruce get back to Gotham so quickly after escaping from prison? All it took was for Bruce to do some push-ups and sit-ups and he can escape? Why doesn't every prisoner start doing the most basic of exercises, then?

I just thought the whole prison scene was a bit unnecessary.
Bruce was in the prison for approximately 5 months

earlier in the movie it was explained that the nuclear fission device would detonate in about 5 months once the core decayed after it was activated

Last edited by Motion; 07-22-2012 at 09:02 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #30
killababi 31 heat pts31
space
space
$16,552 | Props total: 2661 2661
 LicensedLegend said:
It seemed legit because Alfred actually thought he had died. Bruce showing up with Selina at the cafe was his way of showing Alfred that he was alive and happy. Just as Alfred had dreamed he would one day. Truth is, he did die, but not in the way you think. Remember, Bruce has no more money. So, he is probably living under a new name, just like Selina via the device Bruce had that wiped you clean of your identity.
Exactly and Bruce's identity was completely blown, every one knew he was batman in this movie, so fake his death and the whole identity erase thing makes complete sense
 5 years ago '10        #31
thaRemix87 1 heat pts
space
space
$58 | Props total: 6 6
i got some questions and an answer.

how do you break your back 3 times in 3 months and are still able to even walk?
and he did push ups and sit ups but no squats? didnt he have no cartilage in his knees?

and i think i know why only them two were able to get out of the pit. im convinced that the guy holding the rope tugs a little bit when they jump. thats why if you dont have the rope you can make it
 5 years ago '10        #32
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,179 | Props total: 8249 8249
A dream?? Seriously Not to mention that Alfred told Bruce exactly what he wished for him and he made it happen, flying the bomb out to the bay was his way of disappearing which is what Alfred wished for him the whole time.

Now that everyone knows that Batman was really the Hero and Harvey Dent wasn't he doesn't need to continue the f!ght. They had 8 years of peace due to the harvey dent laws and only needed Batman when the last of "Asul whatever the fu*k his name was" league of shadows rose up. He found a person "Robin" who has the same desire that he has, now he can go and fu*k limber a.ss catwoman all night long in Venice.

Not to mention.. rich people never go "broke" if you got caves and flying cars and sh*t. I'm sure you got a few millions stuffed in an offshore account just in case you need to get away.
 5 years ago '11        #33
Deuterion 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,395 | Props total: 4461 4461
 thaRemix87 said:
i got some questions and an answer.

how do you break your back 3 times in 3 months and are still able to even walk?
and he did push ups and sit ups but no squats? didnt he have no cartilage in his knees?

and i think i know why only them two were able to get out of the pit. im convinced that the guy holding the rope tugs a little bit when they jump. thats why if you dont have the rope you can make it
They were originally going to make the runtime of the cave prison portion of the movie 2 years long to give a more realistic take on Batman's rehabilitaion (stretches/exercises/treatments) but Warner Bros. felt that audiences would become disengaged by the length of the movie. Syncopy talked it over with Chris Nolan and they decided to edit down the seen to 20 minutes.
 5 years ago '04        #34
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,814 | Props total: 1841 1841
 zogby said:

Even if Heath was still alive, they should'nt put him in THAT role. It would've trivialized and belittled the greatness of the Joker.

IF Joker ever got out he should've been out somewhere masterminding his own shyt, not taking some lowly job sitting on a bench all day long telling people to walk on thin ice.

The nature of that scene just cemented the spot scarecrow has always had in all the Batman movies as a second rate villain.

As far as the whole "Batman really died, and Alfred was dreaming" theory that everyone is thinking up just sounds stupid.

The movie spelled everything out for you from the autopilot revelation to Alfred's foreshadowing. Bruce didn't die, but of course certain people always try to dig deeper than the movie really is to feel like they "know" something other people dont.

Last edited by psylence2k; 07-22-2012 at 10:22 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #35
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,814 | Props total: 1841 1841
 Deuterion said:
They were originally going to make the runtime of the cave prison portion of the movie 2 years long to give a more realistic take on Batman's rehabilitaion (stretches/exercises/treatments) but Warner Bros. felt that audiences would become disengaged by the length of the movie. Syncopy talked it over with Chris Nolan and they decided to edit down the seen to 20 minutes.

I would've celebrated two birthdays in the theater watching that. After watching for that long there's no way the audience couldn't have related to Wayne in prison. Nolan is a Genius !

Last edited by psylence2k; 07-22-2012 at 10:03 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #36
NBA Brawler 112 heat pts112
space
space
$17,566 | Props total: 2426 2426
Ima see it again in IMAX
 5 years ago '05        #37
dagame04 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,394 | Props total: 238 238
The dream theory has to be a fu*king joke... Movie is pretty cut and dry... Best movie ive seen in a while..
 5 years ago '04        #38
Motion 817 heat pts817
space
space
$19,231 | Props total: 1659 1659
anyone thinking that Bruce Wayne died and the Paris cafe scene is a dream is a fu*king idiot

seriously.. stop watching movies
 07-22-2012, 10:25 PM         #39
J-R 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I also have not seen anybody bring up the fact that bane got smaller when batman broke his mask.... And if the plan was for it to be 2years this movie would have had to been put in 2 parts or Gotham would have been rubble with nothing worth saving after 2 years of banes takeover..... This should be the end of it no reboot no robin spinoff......
 5 years ago '08        #40
fit2bboss 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,604 | Props total: 1320 1320
i thought it was good..damn so that would be the last batman with Christian :( ...they probably gonna recreate new cast like they do Marvel movies every 5 or 6 years lol.
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
81 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
83 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
85 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
95 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy