Freeway Rick Ross Pens Letter In Response To Rapper Rick Ross' Comments On Identity Lawsuit

most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
25 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
176 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
38 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
132 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-21-2012, 09:17 PM         #41
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 44wade said:
agreed at worst, Freeway Ricky has been immortalized in song.

Not many would know who he was, and wouldnt care once they knew.
I think it's hilarious when people outside Florida and squares be like "Dude he's rapping about that guys life dude".

I'm like were in the rhymes do you hear buying drugs from the CIA and using Crips to move the work?

Do people really not know who Kenny "Black" Williams and the so-called Boobie Boys are?

Do they think a random suburban square that never hustled in the streets could put on a Boobie-Boy shirt in a rap video and not get G-checked by the streets and the a.ssociates of that organization?

People so quick to call T.I. a snitch but when was the last time you heard of a Drug-dealer selling metric-tons of cocaine snitching on his connect and only doing 12 years thinking the streets are supposed to respect him?
 5 years ago '05        #42
Fresh|B 976 heat pts976
space
space
$43,421 | Props total: 25054 25054
 44wade said:
okay, just heard the song.

Kind of defeats your point I think, Ross rapped about dope as Teflon the Don, so the name didnt change his style.
...Not Really Cause If He STAYED Under This Name, "Teflon Da Don" He Wouldnt of Had A Problem With Freeway Rick But Since The Name Didn't Stick With What He Was Rapping About He Changed Up The Name and The Name He Got Went Hand To Hand With His Raps But With Someone Lifestyle At The Same Time.

Like I Said...The Label or Him Should of Reached Out To Freeway Rick To Cover Their Own a.sses.
 5 years ago '05        #43
YARKONE 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,500 | Props total: 378 378
 Graftedgenes said:
Damn homie you a big drug-dealer from the streets with ties to the Crips and you just gonna let another man treat you like that? Sad.

Rozay was foolish for using the name of a known snitch as a stage-name he should just go by
Teflon da Don or Ricky Rozay.

My skiing buddies Tanner & Conner are from the suburbs and they say they have more respect for drug-dealers than they do Black men with jobs.

My Hoop buddies Durell & Kwame are from the hood and they say they have more respect for Black men with jobs than they do poison-dealing drug-dealers.

I guess it just boils down to were you are from and your mentality.
stop lying... you dont have freinds.
 5 years ago '12        #44
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
$24,080 | Props total: 11287 11287
 Fresh Whyte said:
...Not Really Cause If He STAYED Under This Name, "Teflon Da Don" He Wouldnt of Had A Problem With Freeway Rick But Since The Name Didn't Stick With What He Was Rapping About He Changed Up The Name and The Name He Got Went Hand To Hand With His Raps But With Someone Lifestyle At The Same Time.

Like I Said...The Label or Him Should of Reached Out To Freeway Rick To Cover Their Own a.sses.
Thats fair I guess.

But if Teflon the Don makes Hustlin, thats who we are talking about today.

Hustlin was bigger than the name, whatever he was named at the time of that song.

So maybe the name fit the style better, I can see that, it rhymes with Boss, so thats key, but I still dont see a lawsuit.

Now, on the cool, he could throw him some dough out of homage, but we dont know the details of those talks, so maybe they couldnt agree to a #, I dont kow.
 07-21-2012, 10:50 PM         #45
crushel 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ross should just give him like 50k or 100k to shut up about it
 5 years ago '09        #46
paidNfull 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,868 | Props total: 107 107
 Fresh Whyte said:
....That Song (POD ft. Trick Daddy & Ross) Came Out In 2001 When Ross Changed His Name From Teflon Da Don to Rick Ross. Eric Sermon's "Erick Onasis" Dropped In 2000 Featuring Ross As "Teflon Da Don" Like He Been Going As Before The Name Change.

Freeway Is Trying Get A Understanding Out of Ross. He Want To Know Why Ross Didn't Reach Out & Ask For A Cosign/Blessing Since Ross Is Using Freeway Name & Image In His Music. It Would of Been All Good If They Sat Down & Talk It Out....
agree with everything
 5 years ago '09        #47
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,300 | Props total: 7949 7949
 44wade said:
With all due respect to the the OG, but you was Freeway Ricky Ross, not Rick Ross. I seen the documentaries about you before Rick Ross blew up, or I even knew who he was.

Not one time on them A & E specials did they say Rick Ross, just Freeway Ricky.
officer ricky also said he never heard of rick ross the drug boss, you believe that??
 5 years ago '12        #48
ROMEorHEAT 
space
space
space
$110 | Props total: 103 103
Let me get this str8. The Real Ross is explaining why he is upset with William and you dudes are STILL hating the REAL guy??... Hold on, I get that authenticity, integrity, and substance are void in today's rap game but this is BEYOND baffeling...

The fact that we, as a genre, let this slide is wild. Just because your favorite rappers co-sign fake Ross (some of mine 2) doesn't mean it should be allowed. I get that it is SIMPLY entertainment but isn't the "realness" what separated us from the rest of them (musically)?

The line is too blurred for what is acceptable and what isn't... Lil Wayne can/could rap (sqad up, dedication, drought Wayne) but he has been mad suspect lately and I ain't even hating on the skateboarding... I only brought up cuz him and Ross are bffs

Rap used to be the one place in society where being real was a necessity for success.. We know that the fake/shady people succeed in the business world... And in politics/government. But it seems like now being real is actually a hinderence to success...

Everything I want to say has already been said by the real Rick Ross above... I really am surprised the fraud made it this far... But actually I'm not - most people are fake, which is why they would gravitate to a character that resembles themselves. This is why the whacked shows get extended and the rappers are now the top sellers... Damn it took this rant for me to see the light

Thx BX
 07-21-2012, 11:24 PM         #49
conscious thug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 44wade said:
With all due respect to the the OG, but you was Freeway Ricky Ross, not Rick Ross. I seen the documentaries about you before Rick Ross blew up, or I even knew who he was.

Not one time on them A & E specials did they say Rick Ross, just Freeway Ricky.
 5 years ago '05        #50
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
not one, but those of his names stolen
 07-21-2012, 11:42 PM         #51
Bangladesh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its stupid and dum... what money will turn you into

on the real he should just live his life and just thank him for having that name cause think about it who would be talking about freeway ricky other then new york if it wasn't for the "fake rick ross"??? the name brought notice to freeway rick..

alot people made bread the same way gzzz ur time pass.

5 years ago '04        #52
WOODS5000 
space
space
$2,162 | Props total: 92 92
Freeway Rick give it up
 5 years ago '12        #53
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
 conscious thug said:
- in his own wiki page, no rick ross.

In the reports filed for the August 19 edition of the San Jose Mercury News, Gary Webb looks back to the origins of crack cocaine use in Los Angeles. Just as the invention of crack was bringing cocaine out of the parlors and clubs of the elite and into poor urban neighborhoods, a young Ricky Ross used his connections to the Crips organization in L.A. on the one hand, and to Nicaraguan suppliers with unbelievably low-priced cocaine on the other to become the king of the crack business. A former L.A. narcotics officer tells Webb of Ross that “…there’s no telling how many tens of thousands of people he touched. He’s responsible for a major cancer that still hasn’t stopped spreading.” Through Ross, the Contras and their North American allies were able to pour tons of cocaine into the streets of L.A. to fund their war.

- excerpt from article he mentions in letter - Ricky Ross

The Mercury News broke new ground by making available not only the articles, but much of the supporting documentation - legal affidavits, court filings, charts, diagrams and interview transcripts.
But a key document that appears to undercut one of the series' central contentions is made available on the Internet site in heavily edited form with contradictory material left out.
That document is the court testimony of convicted drug dealer Oscar Danilo Blandon. The paper's stories lean heavily on Blandon's testimony in the recent cocaine trafficking trial of Los Angeles drug dealer "Freeway" Ricky Ross in San Diego

- another article

The mans birth name is Ricky Donnell Ross

at the end of the day its just semantics, but the man was known as Freeway Rick, Freeway Ricky, Ricky Ross.

I know its just a y at the end of a name, its just funny to me, how he wants to disregard what he was called, in the media, the whole time, and wants to be known as Rick Ross. Maybe its just me that sees that, or cares I guess.

Last edited by 44wade; 07-21-2012 at 11:50 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #54
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
rick ross the rapper is a f'king fraud. this dude claimed to have played football and claimed to have been named an all american and he lied about that too? lied about being a cocaine dealer, lied about being a CO, lied about being an all american football player...dude is an all around fraud and people and these rap fans are eating it up.

If I'm a dude in his group, I'd be concerned that he's undermining the credibility of his entire group. What a joke.
 5 years ago '04        #55
Kap(Da)King|M 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,208 | Props total: 102 102
aint nothing cool bout this sh*t. just change your name to rozay and keep it moving.
 5 years ago '11        #56
BLUE$ 169 heat pts169
space
space
$10,626 | Props total: 3022 3022
Beautiful letter.

fu*k Rick Ross.

That bi*ch a.ss n*gga.
 5 years ago '11        #57
BLUE$ 169 heat pts169
space
space
 beantown said:
rick ross the rapper is a f'king fraud. this dude claimed to have played football and claimed to have been named an all american and he lied about that too? lied about being a cocaine dealer, lied about being a CO, lied about being an all american football player...dude is an all around fraud and people and these rap fans are eating it up.

If I'm a dude in his group, I'd be concerned that he's undermining the credibility of his entire group. What a joke.
Serious? That fu*k a.ss n*gga even lied about being an all American?

Oh fu*king wow
 5 years ago '05        #58
JuiceDigaho 
space
space
$980 | Props total: 220 220
 Hardkore said:
this.
thats the problem with hip hop fans today, they dont care if their music is genuine.

So you love this fool's music even though he's rapping about a life he's clearly not about???

fu*k ROSS

Nas - Life is Good for all my 'trapped in the 90's' dudes who still care about genuine lyrics
 5 years ago '12        #59
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
 JuiceDigaho said:
thats the problem with hip hop fans today, they dont care if their music is genuine.

So you love this fool's music even though he's rapping about a life he's clearly not about???

fu*k ROSS

Nas - Life is Good for all my 'trapped in the 90's' dudes who still care about genuine lyrics

hate to keep the debate going, but fu*k it.

What makes it so clear to you that he is rapping about a life he has no relation to.
 5 years ago '11        #60
BLUE$ 169 heat pts169
space
space
 Graftedgenes said:
You missing your two front teeth and talking about the gap in mine?!

Just admit that you have been unemployed your entire life and let it go

I swear this n*gga has no life.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
86 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
LIL FLIP shows $1,000,000 worth of JEWELRY!!!!!!
89 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
23 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
24 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
295 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
56 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy