The Dark Knight Rises > The Avengers

most viewed right now
 89
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
201 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 62
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
248 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 61
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
142 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 53
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
88 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Which movie do you think was better?
The Avengers 39 25.16%
The Dark Knight Rises 112 72.26%
haven't seen them, what the fuck am i doing in this thread 4 2.58%
Voters: 155. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #81
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,838 | Props total: 4816 4816
 ReppinDaBurghh said:
True.

You take Joker out of TDK and nobody gives a fu*k about it. And TDK is in my top ten all time
if u take joker out of tdk,u wouldnt hav a movie period.hulk might have a total of 10 mins screen time in avengers
 5 years ago '12        #82
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$8,620 | Props total: 2135 2135
 r.burgundy said:
uhh no u cant.u take beast outta xmen 1st class u still hav a great flick.nice try tho
You can't be that dumb. You can't just take a character out of a movie and still expect the movie to have the same flow. The Avengers was written around Hulk.
[spoiler - click to view]

To say Hulk was the best part of The Avengers is an opinion anyways.

 r.burgundy said:
if u take joker out of tdk,u wouldnt hav a movie period.hulk might have a total of 10 mins screen time in avengers
Did you even watch The Avengers? There is so much more to that movie than Hulk smashing for 30 minutes. What I'm getting from you is that you got exactly what you wanted out of The Avengers. Which is fine. I'm not here to try to change your opinion so it is what it is.


Last edited by LicensedLegend; 09-25-2012 at 11:06 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #83
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,838 | Props total: 4816 4816
 LicensedLegend said:
You can't be that dumb. The Avengers was written around Hulk.
[spoiler - click to view]

Last time I checked Beast played a very small role in the X-men movie. If you consider Hulk to be that important to the movie(and he is), then you have to compare him to someone equally as important.



Did you even watch The Avengers? There is so much more to that movie than Hulk smashing for 30 minutes. What I'm getting from you is that you got exactly what you wanted out of The Avengers. Which is fine. I'm not here to try to change your opinion so it is what it is.
whats does that hav to do wit him havin 10 mins of screen time?lets not even discuss avengers story line.it was mundane and predictable and about as cliche as can get,wit overmatched villain and generic alien race.and i coulda swore avengers was told from caps pov not banner/hulks.no matter how u wanna slice it,hulk is a secondary character

such as?should i have been moved by colsons death?or impressed by hawkeye and black widow?hulk absolutely stole that show in his cameo.
 5 years ago '12        #84
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$8,620 | Props total: 2135 2135
 r.burgundy said:
whats does that hav to do wit him havin 10 mins of screen time?lets not even discuss avengers story line.it was mundane and predictable and about as cliche as can get,wit overmatched villain and generic alien race.and i coulda swore avengers was told from caps pov not banner/hulks.no matter how u wanna slice it,hulk is a secondary character

such as?should i have been moved by colsons death?or impressed by hawkeye and black widow?hulk absolutely stole that show in his cameo.
The Avengers was not told from anybody's point of view. Like I said, you got exactly what you wanted out of The Avengers.
 5 years ago '05        #85
Based_One 79 heat pts79
space
avatar space
space
$9,707 | Props total: 6958 6958
 Eagles All Day said:
Just watched avengers today and although I thought it was good/great it ain't fu*kin with TDKR...

As many people have said in this thread TDKR is more of a movie, while avengers is just an action flick

TDKR had me on the edge of the seat for 2.75 hrs...I don't want it to end..and that's the hallmark of a great movie when it's nearly three hours long but u don't even know it

That sh*t was nonstop eyes3x.

[pic - click to view]

 5 years ago '07        #86
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,838 | Props total: 4816 4816
 LicensedLegend said:
The Avengers was not told from anybody's point of view. Like I said, you got exactly what you wanted out of The Avengers.
no i didnt.i wanted a cool villain whom i havent seen on screen before.perferably 1 who could actually match up well in combat.didnt get that.i didnt wanna see tha cliche hulk vs everybody f!ght as its utterly pointless.when i woke up it was when thor fought iron man.more utter pointlessness.didnt want any made up generic villain.i didnt get what i wanted at all.

it had its moments.i give a 7/10.cliche f!ghts,generic villain,overmatched villain,cliche story.just a cliche flick
 5 years ago '12        #87
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$8,620 | Props total: 2135 2135
 r.burgundy said:
no i didnt.i wanted a cool villain whom i havent seen on screen before.perferably 1 who could actually match up well in combat.didnt get that.i didnt wanna see tha cliche hulk vs everybody f!ght as its utterly pointless.when i woke up it was when thor fought iron man.more utter pointlessness.didnt want any made up generic villain.i didnt get what i wanted at all.

it had its moments.i give a 7/10.cliche f!ghts,generic villain,overmatched villain,cliche story.just a cliche flick
Instead of just throwing around the word cliche and generic all the time. Put some weight behind those words and explain what you mean. What do you mean when you say pointless? What was so pointless about the Thor vs Iron Man f!ght? Also, how was Loki a made up generic villian? Did you even watch the movies leading up to The Avengers?
 5 years ago '07        #88
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,838 | Props total: 4816 4816
 LicensedLegend said:
Instead of just throwing around the word cliche and generic all the time. Put some weight behind those words and explain what you mean. What do you mean when you say pointless? What was so pointless about the Thor vs Iron Man f!ght? Also, how was Loki a made up generic villian? Did you even watch the movies leading up to The Avengers?
pointless because we already know tha outcome of these f!ghts.its a waste of time.instead of tryin to oversaturate us wit action,how about just advancing tha story.what exactly was tha point of thor and iron mans f!ght?i was referring more to chitauri or whatever they were called than loki,but even if u dont wanna put loki in a generic class,he definitely falls in that overmatched group
 5 years ago '08        #89
KarteL13 
space
space
space
$2,445 | Props total: 4 4
Thor calling his hammer and uppercutting Hulk > Bane breaking Bruce's back

Hulk beating Loki like a dirty rag doll > Bane's death

Ironman flying the nuke into the portal > Batman flying the nuke into the ocean

humor throughout the entire movie > taking yourself seriously but coming off like a joke

Scarlett Johansson > Catwoman

showdown on the streets of NY that ends in gun/missile/arrow/laser carnage > showdown on the streets of NY Gotham that starts with machine guns and tanks but ends with a fist f!ght

talking to Siri in your Ironman suit > talking to Morgan Freeman whose dialog sounds like Siri

after you save the city, eat shawarma with your squad > after you save the city, eat in Paris with the bi*ch who tried to k!ll you.
 5 years ago '07        #90
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,838 | Props total: 4816 4816
 KarteL13 said:
Thor calling his hammer and uppercutting Hulk > Bane breaking Bruce's back

Hulk beating Loki like a dirty rag doll > Bane's death

Ironman flying the nuke into the portal > Batman flying the nuke into the ocean

humor throughout the entire movie > taking yourself seriously but coming off like a joke

Scarlett Johansson > Catwoman

showdown on the streets of NY that ends in gun/missile/arrow/laser carnage > showdown on the streets of NY Gotham that starts with machine guns and tanks but ends with a fist f!ght

talking to Siri in your Ironman suit > talking to Morgan Freeman whose dialog sounds like Siri

after you save the city, eat shawarma with your squad > after you save the city, eat in Paris with the bi*ch who tried to k!ll you.
i seriously hope u cut and pasted that from somewhere
 5 years ago '12        #91
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$8,620 | Props total: 2135 2135
 r.burgundy said:
pointless because we already know tha outcome of these f!ghts.its a waste of time.instead of tryin to oversaturate us wit action,how about just advancing tha story.what exactly was tha point of thor and iron mans f!ght?i was referring more to chitauri or whatever they were called than loki,but even if u dont wanna put loki in a generic class,he definitely falls in that overmatched group
Iron Man and Captain America were escorting Loki back to base when Thor showed up and snatched Loki. Iron Man and Thor had no idea who Thor was at this point. This was there first time seeing him.
[spoiler - click to view]

 5 years ago '07        #92
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,838 | Props total: 4816 4816
 LicensedLegend said:
Iron Man and Captain America were escorting Loki back to base when Thor showed up and snatched Loki. Iron Man and Thor had no idea who Thor was at this point. This was there first time seeing him.
[spoiler - click to view]

lol i didnt mean a literal reason.it was definitely rhetorical.i called that f!ght pointless because its just silly.we already know tha outcome.it doesnt advance tha story,it just draws out tha movie
 5 years ago '12        #93
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$8,620 | Props total: 2135 2135
 r.burgundy said:
lol i didnt mean a literal reason.it was definitely rhetorical.i called that f!ght pointless because its just silly.we already know tha outcome.it doesnt advance tha story,it just draws out tha movie
They all had f!ghts with each other. Both verbal and physical. Thor vs Iron Man vs Cap. Thor vs Hulk. Black widow vs Hawkeye. It was just apart of them coming together as a team. That is what this movie was about right?
 5 years ago '07        #94
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,838 | Props total: 4816 4816
 LicensedLegend said:
They all had f!ghts with each other. Both verbal and physical. Thor vs Iron Man vs Cap. Thor vs Hulk. Black widow vs Hawkeye. It was just apart of them coming together as a team. That is what this movie was about right?
and does that make it good?it just makes it cliche.we already kno tha outcome.not 1 surprise except thanos
 5 years ago '12        #95
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$8,620 | Props total: 2135 2135
 r.burgundy said:
and does that make it good?it just makes it cliche.we already kno tha outcome.not 1 surprise except thanos
You know I could do the same thing with TDKR but I choose not to because I enjoy the movie for what it is. The Avengers didn't set out to be anything other than a comic book movie.
 5 years ago '07        #96
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,838 | Props total: 4816 4816
 LicensedLegend said:
You know I could do the same thing with TDKR but I choose not to because I enjoy the movie for what it is. The Avengers didn't set out to be anything other than a comic book movie.
no u couldnt.
and people need to treat it as tha comic movie it set out to be,instead of actin like its tha greatest thing eva
 5 years ago '07        #97
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177 OP
space
avatar space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
dat poll
 5 years ago '04        #98
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
after all the dust settled, Avengers was the best movie of the summer.


DKR was cool. But Avengers was a dream superhero movie executed perfectly.

Pseudo-Comicheads in here complaining about Loki being a weak villain, but wasn't Loki the FIRST VILLAIN the avengers fought in the comics?


[pic - click to view]





Marvel knows what they're doing. You'll get the villain you want when it makes sense.
 5 years ago '07        #99
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$39,838 | Props total: 4816 4816
 One-O-One said:
after all the dust settled, Avengers was the best movie of the summer.


DKR was cool. But Avengers was a dream superhero movie executed perfectly.

Pseudo-Comicheads in here complaining about Loki being a weak villain, but wasn't Loki the FIRST VILLAIN the avengers fought in the comics?


[pic - click to view]





Marvel knows what they're doing. You'll get the villain you want when it makes sense.
and that makes him stronger somehow
 5 years ago '05        #100
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
avatar space
space
$53,446 | Props total: 7088 7088
TDKR and Avengers stan's are some of the most pathetic movie fans I have ever seen in my life. This sh*t is a joke
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 64
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
61 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 45
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
71 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 41
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
55 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 34
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
44 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 28
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
144 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 18
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
79 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 17
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 13
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
42 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy