most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
11 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which movie do you think was better?
The Avengers 39 25.16%
The Dark Knight Rises 112 72.26%
haven't seen them, what the fuck am i doing in this thread 4 2.58%
Voters: 155. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #1
5985 pageviews
160 comments

1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
The Dark Knight Rises > The Avengers

Two of the biggest Superhero movies ever released in the same damn year image

Which movie did you like more? which movie did you think was better?

I liked both the movies,

I saw Avengers opening day in Imax 3D and the graphics 3D experience blew me the fu-k away. Robert Downey k!lled it as usual, and i felt all of the actors did well in this movie. The final epic f!ght scene had me erect. I usually hate the campy/quirky comic relief lines, but they didn't seem too bad in the Avengers. It was very cartoonish, and geared towards youth, but still a really good movie.

The Dark Knight Rises played a whole different ball game. While The Avengers was made with a vast audience in mind. The Dark Knight Rises, is a cynical, darker movie that IMO many females and children would not like or appreciate. I also like how Nolan understands the darkness/sickness in America and displays many modern day social issues through out the movie. As far as acting the movies was flawless, rarely do i get emotional during movies but the scene where Bruce and Alfred get into it, and decide to part ways had me image

The Dark Night Rises seems to be made for my generation 21-29, Nolan understands the cynicism of Americas young adults...The Avengers on the other hand is a lighter flicked geared towards teenagers.

with all that being said i can easily say

TDKR will probably end up in my top 10 -15 favorite movies of all time

Last edited by 1LynguisticMind; 07-21-2012 at 02:39 PM..

160 comments for "The Dark Knight Rises > The Avengers"

5 years ago '07        #2
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177 OP
space
space
 Michael 1987 said:
TDKR > The Avengers.

But people are going to be ready for war in this thread..just give it some time.
people really feeling The Avengers like that?
 07-21-2012, 02:34 PM         #3
endless lies 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Avengers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Dark Knight Rises

87%

vs.

92%

It is what it is.
 5 years ago '07        #4
space
space
 endless lies said:
care to elaborate bruh?
 5 years ago '11        #5
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 1LynguisticMind said:
Two of the biggest Superhero movies ever released in the same damn year

Which movie did you like more? which movie did you think was better?

I liked both the movies,

I saw Avengers opening day in Imax 3D and the graphics 3D experience blew me the fu-k away. Robert Downey k!lled it as usual, and i felt all of the actors did well in this movie. The final epic f!ght scene had me erect. I usually hate the campy/quirky comic relief lines, but they didn't seem too bad in the Avengers. It was very cartoonish, and geared towards youth, but still a really good movie.

The Dark Knight Rises played a whole different ball game. While The Avengers was made with a vast audience in mind. The Dark Knight Rises, is a cynical, darker movie that IMO many females and children would not like or appreciate. I also like how Nolan understands the darkness/sickness in America and displays many modern day social issues through out the movie. As far as acting the movies was flawless, rarely do i get emotional during movies but the scene where Bruce and Alfred get into it, and decide to part ways had me

The Dark Night Rises seems to be made for my generation 21-29, Nolan understands the cynicism of Americas young adults...The Avengers on the other hand is a lighter flicked geared towards teenagers.

with all that being said i can easily say

TDKR will probably end up in my top 10 -15 favorite movies of all time

endless lies said:

87%

vs.

92%

It is what it is.

Ill be back after I see the dark Knight Monday
 5 years ago '09        #6
trock34 93 heat pts93
space
space
space
$25,212 | Props total: 7382 7382
another shocking and controversial thread by Snowman
 5 years ago '12        #7
LicensedLegend 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,631 | Props total: 2142 2142
I'm going to see TDKR tomorrow so I'll let you know then.
 5 years ago '04        #8
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
Avengers was better. Avengers is the take-no-prisoners best representation of what a movie based on a comicbook should be. The setup and the payoff was just perfect. It was my childhood dreams on screen. Never thought I'd witness it.

Nolan's Batman series is the best movie trilogy EVER though.
 5 years ago '04        #9
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
 endless lies said:

87%

vs.

92%

It is what it is.
And both average an 8/10 from critics... Look just below the Tomatometer.
 5 years ago '07        #10
Bkjj11 3552 heat pts3552
space
space
$92,801 | Props total: 70381 70381
action wise, avengers>>>batman..

batman had like 3 f!ght scenes lol.

story wise batman>>>>

all in all I love both so fu*k u, it is what it is
 5 years ago '05        #11
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,848 | Props total: 4149 4149
I like them both equally for different reasons.

I give them both the same score...

Which is a 9.0 (out of 10).
 5 years ago '04        #12
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,986 | Props total: 4330 4330
On Metacritic (Which is better, but not as popular)

Average User Score: 8.2

Average User Score: 8.9
 5 years ago '04        #13
x Tha Arkitek x 59 heat pts59
space
space
$18,681 | Props total: 6826 6826
I went with TDKR. Honestly, Avengers really didn't do anything for me. It was good & worth seeing, but extremely over rated. I think the main reason people liked it so much was because of the featured line up. Not to mention the Avengers is basically a continuation of the Thor series. Avengers didn't keep me interested & on my toes throughout the movie, not saying I was falling asleep but TDKR I almost didn't want to end. The story was great, the action was great, the entire feel of the move...great. I'll never understand how some people went to see Avengers so many times....unless you're just amazed by watching a bunch of action, probably the same people that went to see Battleship.
 5 years ago '07        #14
space
space
 endless lies said:

87%

vs.

92%

It is what it is.
just check metacrtitc which is based on the critics ACTUAL rating not based on the percentage of "fresh" reviews and "rotten reviews"

TDKR 78

The Avengers 69

it is what it is.

edit: from J Famis

user ratings:

TDKR 89
The Avengers 82

it is what it is.
 5 years ago '11        #15
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,860 | Props total: 1474 1474
Now that I've seen both movies, TDKR>>>>Avengers. Both movies are great but in their own respective ways. Honestly, both movies imo have their small little flaws to them but when I go to a show I like to see how the story begins, how it unfolds, conflict, and concludes.

The Avengers was dope b/c marvel spent a few yrs trying to put together a big superhero cast in one movie which is amazing. (It remains to be seen how DC will go about doing JLA if it happens.) The Avengers was fun in terms of action but the story was ok but they could have came up w/better villains for the movie (Skrulls).

TDKR wasn't really heavy on action and relied more on the story to carry the film but when the action did kick in the action was good especially towards the end. But this Batman trilogy was never heavy on action and more so on story but I think TDK is the closest one that was heavy on the action when it came to this franchise though.

Overall, I say TDKR>>>>>Avengers.
 5 years ago '11        #16
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
Most movies have high ratings and go down as time goes along alot of people havent seen tdkr yet
 07-21-2012, 03:52 PM         #17
deLeet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
avengers was too corny
 5 years ago '05        #18
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,848 | Props total: 4149 4149
 whouthinkitis said:
Now that I've seen both movies, TDKR>>>>Avengers. Both movies are great but in their own respective ways. Honestly, both movies imo have their small little flaws to them but when I go to a show I like to see how the story begins, how it unfolds, conflict, and concludes.

The Avengers was dope b/c marvel spent a few yrs trying to put together a big superhero cast in one movie which is amazing. (It remains to be seen how DC will go about doing JLA if it happens.) The Avengers was fun in terms of action but the story was ok but they could have came up w/better villains for the movie (Skrulls).

TDKR wasn't really heavy on action and relied more on the story to carry the film but when the action did kick in the action was good especially towards the end. But this Batman trilogy was never heavy on action and more so on story but I think TDK is the closest one that was heavy on the action when it came to this franchise though.

Overall, I say TDKR>>>>>Avengers.
There are contractual reasons as to why marvel couldn't use the Skrulls.
 5 years ago '10        #19
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,735 | Props total: 19636 19636
I'll go with the Avengers.

Just seeing all of these guys, like moving parts come together in something like that was just epic from start to finish.

This is just personal preference. I believe theatrically, Nolan's Batman Trilogy is in another league versus any of Marvel's movies. There's a stronger emphasis on characterization, realistic set pieces, underlying social themes, and the villains having cerebral effect on Batman and Gotham City.

Even the action scenes were almost super realistic and demonstrated how honed Batman's training has become. Batman evading and closing in on gunfire was epic for example.

This isn't to take away from the Avengers. The characters made the movie, and given how big they are in their own rights, makes it so impressive. The action is on par.

The strengths of both franchises were maximized. I can't come up with a better way to re-create the films.

To be objective, I'll change my previous score for the Dark Knight and Avengers in some other thread I posted in.

The Dark Knight 8.8/10
The Dark Knight Rises 8.7/10
The Avengers 8.4/10
Batman Begins 8/10
The Amazing Spider-Man 7.5/10
 5 years ago '05        #20
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,470 | Props total: 7119 7119
Haven't seen The Avengers yet so I'll reserve judgement.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
67 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
49 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
107 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
207 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
72 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy