Nas rapping off beat??

most viewed right now
 108
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 94
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
135 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 63
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
154 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 59
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
99 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 07-21-2012, 04:13 PM         #41
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It has barely anything to do with Nas flow

Its because NaS is a WRITER. He writes and writes and writes and THEN he gets the beat that he feels matches the mood of the lyrics and tries to force the words he already wrote to the beat

As opposed to others, particularly Jay who listens to the beat first and then raps to the beat which makes him flow better on beat

he just doesnt ride the beat..he writes his sht and makes it fit the beat..i rather listen to an off beat nas than these beat ridin..three word per bar rappin a.ss n*ggas out now
Edit: didn't notice this post, at least someone else gets it. Has nothing to do with any unconventional or special flow
 5 years ago '09        #42
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$36,242 | Props total: 19352 19352
 REAL_NESS said:
It has barely anything to do with Nas flow

Its because NaS is a WRITER. He writes and writes and writes and THEN he gets the beat that he feels matches the mood of the lyrics and tries to force the words he already wrote to the beat

As opposed to others, particularly Jay who listens to the beat first and then raps to the beat which makes him flow better on beat



Edit: didn't notice this post, at least someone else gets it. Has nothing to do with any unconventional or special flow
There might be some truth to this...do you think Nas should listen to beats more before writing lyrics? Nas seems like a guy that is constantly writing so that might difficult for him also despite this Nas still has one of the best flows in hip hop (not as good as Jay's tho)
 07-21-2012, 04:31 PM         #43
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 thegoldenhero said:
There might be some truth to this...do you think Nas should listen to beats more before writing lyrics? Nas seems like a guy that is constantly writing so that might difficult for him also despite this Nas still has one of the best flows in hip hop (not as good as Jay's tho)
I think it would help him rip beats more and flow to it or at least go back to his writing and edit it so that hes not cramming words to try and match the beat

I like Nas craft anyway because it makes his lyrics so potent since he takes so much time with it.

and I only noticed a few songs where he seemed a lil off beat, so it aint like he's off beat the majority of the time. Like on "No Introduction" for example, he did that J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League beat justice
 5 years ago '05        #44
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$17,979 | Props total: 3254 3254
Every rapper has songs they're off beat. Jay does, Em does, Pac does, etc.

I think with this album they were just different types of beats. I mean this dude was rapping over just the piano at the end of Queens Story..the sh*t isn't always going to be perfect. But yea, I think "Stay" is my favorite track on the album and he does lose it a little in the 2nd verse but it aint like I ever jumped up and was like wtf. He makes it work and still sound good.
 5 years ago '10        #45
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$12,543 | Props total: 5876 5876
 OBv said:
Could you explain further?
The pocket is when you're on time, but not EXACTLY on beat (but you're still hitting the beat and the spots in between).
 5 years ago '04        #46
Adwerdz 319 heat pts319 OP
space
avatar space
space
$32,758 | Props total: 23327 23327
n*ggas is delusional if they don't hear nas rapping off beat, n*ggas making up dumb sh*t like "rapping out of the pocket", wtf n*ggas is dumb???

Pharoahe monch has his own off beat rap flow

but nas is not an off beat mc his flows always rides the beat, it just so happens on a couple songs on LIG he tries to fit so many words in a bar and it fumbles over the beat
 5 years ago '10        #47
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$12,543 | Props total: 5876 5876
 Adwerdz said:
n*ggas is delusional if they don't hear nas rapping off beat, n*ggas making up dumb sh*t like "rapping out of the pocket", wtf n*ggas is dumb???

Pharoahe monch has his own off beat rap flow

but nas is not an off beat mc his flows always rides the beat, it just so happens on a couple songs on LIG he tries to fit so many words in a bar and it fumbles over the beat
I said that he's usually in the pocket. Didn't say that son was a superhuman incapable of going off beat.
 07-21-2012, 08:51 PM         #48
ADOUBLEF MOBSTA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nas puts WAAAAY! more words in a 16 than your average rapper.

He spits fire.
 5 years ago '05        #49
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 Real said:
"You comments were clearly in that I must not know what I'm talking about, the gif said it all plus the last sentence about it going over peoples heads already shows the usual Nas fan complex, that if it we don't think its all that, we must not understand it."

No complex here. You're comments and this thread make it obvious that you don't fully understand it. I can only base my view directly from what you're saying, not some "Nas fan complex."

"Nas fans care more about rapping than the actual songs" How do you figure this?

Nas could be rapping his a.ss off, but if he wasn't able to make songs like "NY State of Mind" "One Mic" "World's An Addiction" "Thiefs Theme" ect.. I doubt his fans would love his music as much. This a.ssumption is so ignorant and blatantly wrong it's actually comical. Your opinion on whats lyrical and whats not is on you. But to imply that(again, from what i can gather from your own comments) that Kanye is more lyrical than Canibus, is just ridiculous to me.


"I'm tryna work out how Nas sticks to the art of rapping moreso than Em does?"

Read the thread title and my response to it, that's just one example. Nas has been doing this for 20+ years, he has mastered the art and history of hip-hop and rap. He knows his sh*t, it's that simple. This thread is also one example of how LIG is going over some peoples head. Me saying something is "over your head" shouldn't offend anyone. There's going to be a lot things that "go over your head" in life and go much deeper than what you THINK you already know. It is what it is, that's life. Everybody's still learning everyday, including me. There's sh*t that goes over my head too and I stay open to others perspectives for that very reason.
What has been said that makes you think LIG is over my head? Stop acting like Nas spits some complex sh*t, the dude is a master of description but thats usually where it is with him, he's not as deep as some people think he is.

Second point, Nas fans do care about the lyrics more than the song and thats the plain truth, Nas can make great song btu generally focuses on just the verses rather than song a whole, as someone has said because he as written his verse before he gets a beat, so he has to make his verse fit the beat, rather than work on placement of word or emphasis that go along with the beat, obviosuly songs like One Mic, NY State Of Mind are examples of Nas defining songs, but in general, if you look at Nas career, his hook game is not THAT great, and he doesnt exactly have great melodies (not in terms of singing, but in general his flow sticks to a pretty familiar pattern). Again, these are not bad things, because for the kind of rapper Nas is, he is one of the best, I just dont think as a whole he makes songs that go beyond the traditional rap purist, because the traditional rap purist usually is about strictly the rapping, everything else comes after. When Nas gets it right, he's almost unstoppable, but I find him doing that less and less since God's Son. I mean since God's Son, what was the last sorta defining Nas song, from Street Disciple, Hip Hop Is Dead and Untitled? Made You Look, Get Down >>> IMO any songs from those albums, not saying those albums dont have gems, cause they do, but theres a difference between great verses and great songs, and to me songs >>>.

I didnt say Kanye is more lyrical that Canibus, I said people tend to think a rapper like Canibus IS lyrical because of that rap sound, and because Kanye makes melody driven records that its not lyrical. Hip hop fans are the worst because they think a certain sound is the "correct" way, or "real hip hop?. It's why Kanye gets hate and called not hip hop. even though Watch The Throne had Q-Tip, Pete Rock, and RZA but thats obviously not enough because it doesnt sound what they in they head percieve as hip hop. Thats what im saying, a majority of people think that rappers like Pun, Big L etc is THE lyricla sound, and if you can rap liek them its not lyrical.
 5 years ago '04        #50
Adwerdz 319 heat pts319 OP
space
avatar space
space
$32,758 | Props total: 23327 23327
^^damn n*ggas typin short stories to get a point across

Btw didnt read
 07-22-2012, 03:16 AM         #51
104 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ant McQueen said:
There's off-beat then there's " in the pocket ". Nas is usually in the pocket.
Exactly this.. which is way doper to me, when rappers are more free like that.
 5 years ago '05        #52
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 Adwerdz said:
^^damn n*ggas typin short stories to get a point across

Btw didnt read
it is what it is .
 5 years ago '12        #53
Black Moon 
space
space
space
$242 | Props total: 0 0
Stans are out....
Most hypocrite fans in hip hop are Nas fans...
Nas is always right in their book..,
 5 years ago '04        #54
Lawgic 
space
avatar space
space
$3,389 | Props total: 73 73
 Black Moon said:
Stans are out....
Most hypocrite fans in hip hop are Nas fans...
Nas is always right in their book..,
let's not be retarded....there's nuff Jay fans, Eminem fans Wayne fans etc that are all hypocritical or biased to the same extent as Nas fans...ESPECIALLY on this site....nice try though...

and i always wonder how old are yall saying "stans"....grown men talk like that outside of the net?
 5 years ago '05        #55
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
avatar space
space
$37,087 | Props total: 10768 10768
I actually never noticed

Someone please post examples so I can listen
 5 years ago '06        #56
lato9905 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$8,422 | Props total: 2622 2622

[video - click to view]


Cam'Ron
aye yo, this lil' n*gga
Nas think he live like
me,
drove 5's, shot 5,
flipped pies like me?
nah, Cam gonna blast,
I done ran through his past,
and I ran for the mag,
Taliban on your a.ss!
you're terry cloth,
that means very soft,
thanks Jay, Carm's the bomb,
broke her cherry off!
severely massacred,
we really gonna laugh at ya,
the mac milli blast at ya,
you really run to Africa,
stupid, sucker for love,
home plenty,
Nelson Mandela?
we all boned Winnie!
sh*t, I come over and f!ght,
you a lame, you forgot
over the night,
yo, your career's over like Mike,
any one,
Tyson,
Jordan,
Jackson,
ask dunn about my mean kids,
frizzle steam,
tripple beam,
cripple teams,
when you seen money in Queenbridge?
never,
I used to catch the Tunnel,
Lil E, Vernon side,
I gave him packs and bundles,
how many grams in an ounce?
how many ounces in an eighth,
how many eighths in a key,
shorty, stay in your place,
before the AK's in your face,
take your daughter, R Kelly,
have my way with her face!
whoa,
and your Mom's a whip wop head,
and you claim to be a hip-hop head?
ooh wop, two shots in
his hip-hop head,
this way the whole world
know that hip-hop's
dead!
Rocafella, hip-hop bread,
Fifty though a night, holla
back, hit my spread,
you wack, you twisted,
your girls a hoe,
you're broke, the kid ain't yours,
and everybody know,
your mans even tell you..
you be like "so?
I love my baby mother, I
never let her go"
stupid...


Last edited by lato9905; 07-22-2012 at 09:33 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #57
Real 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$391 | Props total: 0 0
 sheedawg said:
What has been said that makes you think LIG is over my head? Stop acting like Nas spits some complex sh*t, the dude is a master of description but thats usually where it is with him, he's not as deep as some people think he is.

Second point, Nas fans do care about the lyrics more than the song and thats the plain truth, Nas can make great song btu generally focuses on just the verses rather than song a whole, as someone has said because he as written his verse before he gets a beat, so he has to make his verse fit the beat, rather than work on placement of word or emphasis that go along with the beat, obviosuly songs like One Mic, NY State Of Mind are examples of Nas defining songs, but in general, if you look at Nas career, his hook game is not THAT great, and he doesnt exactly have great melodies (not in terms of singing, but in general his flow sticks to a pretty familiar pattern). Again, these are not bad things, because for the kind of rapper Nas is, he is one of the best, I just dont think as a whole he makes songs that go beyond the traditional rap purist, because the traditional rap purist usually is about strictly the rapping, everything else comes after. When Nas gets it right, he's almost unstoppable, but I find him doing that less and less since God's Son. I mean since God's Son, what was the last sorta defining Nas song, from Street Disciple, Hip Hop Is Dead and Untitled? Made You Look, Get Down >>> IMO any songs from those albums, not saying those albums dont have gems, cause they do, but theres a difference between great verses and great songs, and to me songs >>>.

I didnt say Kanye is more lyrical that Canibus, I said people tend to think a rapper like Canibus IS lyrical because of that rap sound, and because Kanye makes melody driven records that its not lyrical. Hip hop fans are the worst because they think a certain sound is the "correct" way, or "real hip hop?. It's why Kanye gets hate and called not hip hop. even though Watch The Throne had Q-Tip, Pete Rock, and RZA but thats obviously not enough because it doesnt sound what they in they head percieve as hip hop. Thats what im saying, a majority of people think that rappers like Pun, Big L etc is THE lyricla sound, and if you can rap liek them its not lyrical.
Didn't read. I'm sure it was a cool story though bro.
 5 years ago '04        #58
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$19,657 | Props total: 5344 5344
 dlettern said:
Pac was hardly ever on beat, what's your point?
 5 years ago '11        #59
case sensitive 
space
avatar space
space
$3,607 | Props total: 321 321
dont ever say pac or nas was off beat..


i HAVE heard many cats slip up tho but it aint really some "wtf this n*ggas off beat" sh*t..more like "damn he shoulda punched that bar in"
 5 years ago '04        #60
deadwrong03 89 heat pts89
space
space
space
$4,543 | Props total: 532 532
 P-Hill said:
I actually never noticed

Someone please post examples so I can listen

[video - click to view]

Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 34
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 20
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 19
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
15 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 15
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
105 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 10
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 7
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy