Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
35 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #1
6899 pageviews
63 comments

Adwerdz 320 heat pts320
space
space
$32,802 | Props total: 23562 23562
Nas rapping off beat??

Anybody else notice nas rapping off beat on a couple songs on lig?.. Especially the end of the second verse on "Stay" he just totally lost the beat.

63 comments for "Nas rapping off beat??"

5 years ago '05        #2
Grown Man Ish 97 heat pts97
space
space
space
$14,107 | Props total: 234 234
yup........
 5 years ago '04        #3
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,671 | Props total: 5361 5361
Nas always be off beat , well more so now a days . He tries to squeeze to much into the flow ..
 07-21-2012, 06:17 AM         #4
TheMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Not thread worthy.

f*ggot
 5 years ago '05        #5
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 Aesop730 said:
Nas always be off beat , well more so now a days . He tries to squeeze to much into the flow ..
pretty much, even people will hate on you but you are totally correct.

People get so caught up in what sounds lyrical, rather than what actually is.

Last edited by sheedawg; 07-21-2012 at 07:11 AM..
 07-21-2012, 06:50 AM         #6
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Aesop730 said:
/Thread.
 5 years ago '07        #7
PowerBar Ernie 108 heat pts108
space
space
$5,901 | Props total: 1244 1244
Yep my dude Nas sometimes dont give a fu*k about the beat, dont wanna change his words or flow to match up, but fu*k it, this is not new.

Life Is Good
 5 years ago '04        #8
Real 2 heat pts
space
space
$391 | Props total: 0 0
He's never "off beat". Just because verses don't have an EXACT set melody or meter following exactly with that of the song doesn't mean it's "off beat". What he's doing still goes to the melody and rhythm of the song. Free verse poetry is the same way. Nas is just using different forms of his art.

sheedawg said:
pretty much, even people will hate on you but you are totally correct.

People get so caught up in what sounds lyrical, rather than what actually is.
What does being "off beat" have to do with being lyrical?

And this is exactly why I say an album like LIG is going to be over a lot of peoples head.

Last edited by Real; 07-21-2012 at 08:14 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #9
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
 Real said:
He's never "off beat". Just because verses don't have an EXACT set melody or meter following exactly with that of the song doesn't mean it's "off beat". What he's doing is still goes to the melody and rhythm of the song. Free verse poetry is the same way. Nas is just using different forms of his art.

What does being "off beat" have to do with being lyrical?

And this is exactly why I say an album like LIG is going to be over a lot of peoples head.
Dude, did you even see the comment I was responding too? Stop trying to take something out of context to seem like im hating. Dude said he forces some sh*t, and IMO he is correct.

Also how is LIG going over anyones head?

Also, by it being forced, and having more words people automatically think its soo fu*king lyrical, much like how people think anything Eminem touches is so lyrical, just because its "sounds" lyrical.

Last edited by sheedawg; 07-21-2012 at 08:22 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #10
Real 2 heat pts
space
space
 sheedawg said:
Dude, did you even see the comment I was responding too? Stop trying to take something out of context to seem like im hating. Dude said he forces some sh*t, and IMO he is correct.

Also, by it being forced, and having more words people automatically think its soo fu*king lyrical, much like how people think anything Eminem touches is so lyrical, just because its "sounds" lyrical.
How did I "make" it sound like you were hating? I quoted what you said and asked a question. I never once labeled you a hater. If you felt like you were coming off as one then that's on you.

Anyway, your response attempting to justify what you said still doesn't make sense to me. No matter how you try to reword, you agreed with the thread and followed that up by suggesting Nas isn't lyrical.

And for the record, I get your point about Em, but what Eminem does with his verses and what Nas does with his are two totally different things. Nas still sticks to the art of rapping even when he appears to be "off beat". Eminem literally just rambles on a thousand words that do not belong in the rhyme scheme at all.
 5 years ago '05        #11
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,727 | Props total: 2180 2180
theres riding a beat... then theres what nas does...

they both work

...maybe its an acquired taste....i know most n*ggas love they easy intake nursery rhymes...

so offbeat..maybe.. but it dont "clash"... it goes with the beat in an unorthodox way..

Last edited by Gm0ney85; 07-21-2012 at 08:38 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #12
Real 2 heat pts
space
space
 Gm0ney85 said:
theres riding a beat... then theres what nas does...

they both work
lol. Good way of looking at it I guess.
 5 years ago '12        #13
noverum 
space
space
$2,883 | Props total: 1659 1659
 Real said:
Eminem literally just rambles on a thousand words that do not belong in the rhyme scheme at all.
Feel free to substantiate this absurdity with evidence.
 5 years ago '04        #14
Real 2 heat pts
space
space
 noverum said:
Feel free to substantiate this absurdity with evidence.
Why? You can do that yourself. Go listen to your favorite Eminem album all the way through and pay attention, I'm sure you'll hear it.
 07-21-2012, 09:00 AM         #15
Pappy Mason 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
still a great album... Escobarr season has returned
 07-21-2012, 09:04 AM         #16
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pac was hardly ever on beat, what's your point?
 5 years ago '05        #17
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
 Real said:
How did I "make" it sound like you were hating? I quoted what you said and asked a question. I never once labeled you a hater. If you felt like you were coming off as one then that's on you.

Anyway, your response attempting to justify what you said still doesn't make sense to me. No matter how you try to reword, you agreed with the thread and followed that up by suggesting Nas isn't lyrical.

And for the record, I get your point about Em, but what Eminem does with his verses and what Nas does with his are two totally different things. Nas still sticks to the art of rapping even when he appears to be "off beat". Eminem literally just rambles on a thousand words that do not belong in the rhyme scheme at all.
How? You comments were clearly in that I must not know what I'm talking about, the gif said it all plus the last sentence about it going over peoples heads already shows the usual Nas fan complex, that if it we don't think its all that, we must not understand it.

Also, Nas fans care more about the rapping than the actual songs, they measure lyrics over anything else, thats fine, but there is more to being a rapper than just rapping.

I never suggested that Nas isn't lyrical, I suggested that fans think because something "sounds" lyrical, as in more words, big words, unfamiliar words (Canibus being a prime example) they think its lyrical. Its why people will say Kanye isn't lyrical, when in fact he is, but because he raps with extremely familiar words, and doesn't sound "lyrical" people are quick to judge.

I'm not tryna discredit Nas, but I'm also tryna work out how Nas sticks to the art of rapping moreso than EM does?

Last edited by sheedawg; 07-21-2012 at 09:49 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #18
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,277 | Props total: 2846 2846
Eminem(current) and SlaughterHouse are blah blah rap..Nas kick that real sh*t
 5 years ago '04        #19
Real 2 heat pts
space
space
 sheedawg said:
How? You comments were clearly in that I must not know what I'm talking about, the gif said it all plus the last sentence about it going over peoples heads already shows the usual Nas fan complex, that if it we don't think its all that, we must not understand it.

Also, Nas fans care more about the rapping than the actual songs, they measure lyrics over anything else, thats fine, but there is more to being a rapper than just rapping.

I never suggested that Nas isn't lyrical, I suggested that fans think because something "sounds" lyrical, as in more words, big words, unfamiliar words (Canibus being a prime example) they think its lyrical. Its why people will say Kanye isn't lyrical, when in fact he is, but because he raps with extremely familiar words, and doesn't sound "lyrical" people are quick to judge.

I'm not tryna discredit Nas, but I'm also tryna work out how Nas sticks to the art of rapping moreso than EM does?
"You comments were clearly in that I must not know what I'm talking about, the gif said it all plus the last sentence about it going over peoples heads already shows the usual Nas fan complex, that if it we don't think its all that, we must not understand it."

No complex here. You're comments and this thread make it obvious that you don't fully understand it. I can only base my view directly from what you're saying, not some "Nas fan complex."

"Nas fans care more about rapping than the actual songs" How do you figure this?

Nas could be rapping his a.ss off, but if he wasn't able to make songs like "NY State of Mind" "One Mic" "World's An Addiction" "Thiefs Theme" ect.. I doubt his fans would love his music as much. This a.ssumption is so ignorant and blatantly wrong it's actually comical. Your opinion on whats lyrical and whats not is on you. But to imply that(again, from what i can gather from your own comments) that Kanye is more lyrical than Canibus, is just ridiculous to me.

"I'm tryna work out how Nas sticks to the art of rapping moreso than Em does?"

Read the thread title and my response to it, that's just one example. Nas has been doing this for 20+ years, he has mastered the art and history of hip-hop and rap. He knows his sh*t, it's that simple. This thread is also one example of how LIG is going over some peoples head. Me saying something is "over your head" shouldn't offend anyone. There's going to be a lot things that "go over your head" in life and go much deeper than what you THINK you already know. It is what it is, that's life. Everybody's still learning everyday, including me. There's sh*t that goes over my head too and I stay open to others perspectives for that very reason.

Last edited by Real; 07-21-2012 at 10:58 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #20
Adwerdz 320 heat pts320 OP
space
space
$32,802 | Props total: 23562 23562
Been a nas fan from day one, never knew nas to be off beat like that on any of his albums its like he didnt even give a fu*k and tried to fit the words in due to express his emotions and bring his point across. The album and songs are still good tho ijs

But come on son,n*ggas giving nas a pass saying its spoken word and sh*t, thats two different worlds, if he was trynna do spoken word then he would of did the while somg like it, not just rap and fumble over the beat like that.

I like how rap fans give nas a pass but if it was any other bullsh*t rapper n*ggas would call it out with the quickness and sh*t on him. n*ggas is funny.. Be real with yaself.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
19 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy