Batman Begins vs. The Dark Knight vs. The Dark Knight Rises

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
90 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
61 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
102 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Which was the best of the Trilogy ???
Batman Begins 13 7.56%
The Dark Knight 91 52.91%
The Dark Knight Rises 68 39.53%
Voters: 172. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #81
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,922 | Props total: 4282 4282
I think Rises an TDK are equals and both 10's and are both just epic but different films.
 5 years ago '04        #82
psylence2k 58 heat pts58 OP
space
space
space
$12,791 | Props total: 1796 1796
OKAY

Just got back from watching it in IMAX and right now at this very moment........

To me, IMO, ......

TDKR is overall the better movie as a whole.

TDK had the best performance by far of the trilogy with Joker but the rest of the movie IMO was dull. Which gave it little replay value for me other than the joker scenes which I keep returning to watch. I haven't fully watched TDK since it was released, I watched it twice in theatres and a couple times on DVD and that was it. It blew me away when I first saw it but I realized quickly it was just because of intermittent scenes of Heath's iconic performance.

TDKR as a whole is just a more complete movie to me. Multiple storylines, multiple themes , and multiple intriguing characters all interwoven in a brilliant way. I found almost everyone in the TDKR interesting while TDK it was only the Joker I cared about. The acting and dialogue (outside of the joker) in TDKR also blew away TDK. Bale was better, Oldman was better, Caine was better, Freeman was better, everyone just brought their A-Game and everyone was given more depth. Then on top of that all the new comers did solid jobs a well.

The plot of TDKR is just overall a more beautifully polished piece of work due to it's ability to maintain a decent level of cohesiveness with such intricacy. Nolan also does an amazing job of maintaining a great balance of all the characters in the movie by a.ssigning them all integral roles to the overall storyline. Even with so many characters he was able to utilize the limited screen time with each to establish their story, their motives, their emotions, and their significant connections to one another. There really were no loose ends here, pretty much almost every character had a very specific and unique way that they each contributed to the overall narrative.

Iíll admit on first viewing TDKR seems a bit scattered and all over the place because the grandness of itís scope and non-stop action, giving TDK a more ďfocusedĒ feel due to itís more linear and concentrated storyline. Though Iím sure after youíve seen it once, and are able to digest the movie as a whole, it only gets better with each viewing similar to certain albums that get better with time because everything they offer may be overwhelming at first

When you put this in perspective it makes you feel like the TDK is a very narrow and limited storyline where everyone is trying to fit in and shine but are unable to fully because of the limitation of space that the plot restricts. Everyone is trying to fit into one narrow hallway going from Room A straight to Room B and itís very difficult for everyone to move besides Heath who is at the head of the pack. TDKR is like a two story atrium with multiple staircases and corridors intertwining and connecting to maintain a complex yet smooth flow where everyone is allowed to shine when itís their turn to step into the center of the room as well as while youíre watching how their corridor connects with the others.

I think the grander, deeper, and more genuine scope of emotion in TDKR will also give it much more replay value to me than TDK. There just wasnít enough of that in TDK.

I feel people are giving the edge to TDK because of Heathís performance. If you take away The joker it k!lls over half of what makes the TDK so great IMO. Thatís not the case with TDKR, of course anyone you take away is gonna hurt the movie a little since almost everyoneís role is integral to the overall story. Though it is a collective of a bunch of great characters all pulling their equal 10% of the story.

Thatís just my 2 cents. Hate if you want.
 07-21-2012, 08:06 PM         #83
Braz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
OKAY

Just got back from watching it in IMAX and right now at this very moment........

To me, IMO, ......

TDKR is overall the better movie as a whole.

TDK had the best performance by far of the trilogy with Joker but the rest of the movie IMO was dull. Which gave it little replay value for me other than the joker scenes which I keep returning to watch. I haven't fully watched TDK since it was released, I watched it twice in theatres and a couple times on DVD and that was it. It blew me away when I first saw it but I realized quickly it was just because of intermittent scenes of Heath's iconic performance.

TDKR as a whole is just a more complete movie to me. Multiple storylines, multiple themes , and multiple intriguing characters all interwoven in a brilliant way. I found almost everyone in the TDKR interesting while TDK it was only the Joker I cared about. The acting and dialogue (outside of the joker) in TDKR also blew away TDK. Bale was better, Oldman was better, Caine was better, Freeman was better, everyone just brought their A-Game and everyone was given more depth. Then on top of that all the new comers did solid jobs a well.

The plot of TDKR is just overall a more beautifully polished piece of work due to it's ability to maintain a decent level of cohesiveness with such intricacy. Nolan also does an amazing job of maintaining a great balance of all the characters in the movie by a.ssigning them all integral roles to the overall storyline. Even with so many characters he was able to utilize the limited screen time with each to establish their story, their motives, their emotions, and their significant connections to one another. There really were no loose ends here, pretty much almost every character had a very specific and unique way that they each contributed to the overall narrative.

Iíll admit on first viewing TDKR seems a bit scattered and all over the place because the grandness of itís scope and non-stop action, giving TDK a more ďfocusedĒ feel due to itís more linear and concentrated storyline. Though Iím sure after youíve seen it once, and are able to digest the movie as a whole, it only gets better with each viewing similar to certain albums that get better with time because everything they offer may be overwhelming at first

When you put this in perspective it makes you feel like the TDK is a very narrow and limited storyline where everyone is trying to fit in and shine but are unable to fully because of the limitation of space that the plot restricts. Everyone is trying to fit into one narrow hallway going from Room A straight to Room B and itís very difficult for everyone to move besides Heath who is at the head of the pack. TDKR is like a two story atrium with multiple staircases and corridors intertwining and connecting to maintain a complex yet smooth flow where everyone is allowed to shine when itís their turn to step into the center of the room as well as while youíre watching how their corridor connects with the others.

I think the grander, deeper, and more genuine scope of emotion in TDKR will also give it much more replay value to me than TDK. There just wasnít enough of that in TDK.

I feel people are giving the edge to TDK because of Heathís performance. If you take away The joker it k!lls over half of what makes the TDK so great IMO. Thatís not the case with TDKR, of course anyone you take away is gonna hurt the movie a little since almost everyoneís role is integral to the overall story. Though it is a collective of a bunch of great characters all pulling their equal 10% of the story.

Thatís just my 2 cents. Hate if you want.
didn't read
 07-21-2012, 08:13 PM         #84
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That review was accurately worth only 2 cents.
 5 years ago '09        #85
circleofpurple 58 heat pts58
space
space
$7,898 | Props total: 14002 14002
 youknowmystelo said:
even though you're annoying as fu*k and i don't like you, that was pretty funny.
 07-21-2012, 08:18 PM         #86
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 circleofpurple said:
even though you're annoying as fu*k and i don't like you, that was pretty funny.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #87
space
space
space
 youknowmystelo said:

I thought it was dope

I actually liked it so much I read it three times.

it's okay tho Stelo , I'm a fan of your unintentional trolling so do what you do playa
 07-21-2012, 09:27 PM         #88
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
I thought it was dope

I actually liked it so much I read it three times.

it's okay tho Stelo , I'm a fan of your unintentional trolling so do what you do playa
I'm still a fan of your impeccable ways of transferring your raw babble sprees in a flash into texts.
 5 years ago '04        #89
space
space
space
 youknowmystelo said:
I'm still a fan of your impeccable ways of transferring your raw babble sprees in a flash into texts.
I actually am too,

I originally only intended to do a paragraph then I look up and it's five or six. I dont believe it can be that long so I copy and paste into MS word and shyt is over a page.

I was gonna shorten that shyt back down, but I read it once, and was like "yo this is on point for a 15 minute freestyle off the dome review that originally suppose to be 3-4 sentences "

then I read it two more times, and said yeah I feel like Imma just leave it in its' entirety

then the neighborhood TV Spot troll Stelo takes a break from his everlasting film quarrels and comes in and blesses the kid with the trophy troll touch

I owe you some quality trolling Stelo
 07-21-2012, 10:31 PM         #90
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 5 years ago '04        #91
space
space
space
 youknowmystelo said:
 5 years ago '04        #92
!!! 220 heat pts220
space
space
$42,041 | Props total: 33762 33762
 TheMindOf said:
So we gon act like TDK didn't drag on for an unnecessary 45 minutes after the Joker was gone?
There was only about 10-15 minutes in the movie after The Joker got captured...
 5 years ago '07        #93
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,830 | Props total: 4807 4807
 jholla31 said:
First off to reply to your comment in a civilized manner, I was not even comparing the two, I said bain was a better villain because he affected more people on a level that joker could not relate to ( nuclear terroisim,2012 threat???). the joker psch profile is indeed horrific, but a man who wields power with a strong backing is enough to frighten anyone when it comes to total annihilation. Also you are wrong for saying "Nolan's Joker", that was the joker many have seen in the comics for a long time in diff adaptations, it was the first time it was seen on the screen like that by mass audiences like yourself, but the people who are knowledge able of the batman lore, knew this is what it would take to portray the character right, and they rejoice that it was done that way.

All I was saying is that a better villain is not only one who can blow up a bunch of ish but also take away things from your life as well, things that you and I depend on (police,escape,electricity,safety form criminals,etc). you are really short sighted if you think my argument was based on violence or some other factor that is over the top

good day sir
damn.seems some people totally missed tha point of tha joker.
 07-22-2012, 01:44 AM         #94
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
damn.seems some people totally missed tha point of tha joker.
 5 years ago '07        #95
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,322 | Props total: 1109 1109
Did any of you read Knightfall? IMO it goes TDK>>Batman Begins>>> TDKR.. Im a Batman fan and didn't to much care for TDKR.. I don't get why you guys liked it so much... Thought it was very cheesy at some parts.. no way they even came close to TDK
 5 years ago '07        #96
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,830 | Props total: 4807 4807
 MOTTAFOOKAH said:
Did any of you read Knightfall? IMO it goes TDK>>Batman Begins>>> TDKR.. Im a Batman fan and didn't to much care for TDKR.. I don't get why you guys liked it so much... Thought it was very cheesy at some parts.. no way they even came close to TDK
both movies are definitely betta than batman begins
 5 years ago '04        #97
space
space
space
Batman Begins only got 7 votes so far
 5 years ago '09        #98
space
space
Batman begins is the best of the trilogy. Y'all trippin. I can watch that movie over And over again.
 5 years ago '10        #99
NoahJordan 9 heat pts
space
space
$887 | Props total: 566 566
people actually saying bb is better than tdk and tdkr

TDKR is the better movie.. the joker was just that great ... but as a movie.. TDKR was better
 5 years ago '09        #100
space
space
Watching Bruce become batman was way more enjoyable than anything tdk or tdkr gave us. It had the deepest story and most well thought out plot IMO.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
64 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
45 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
53 comments
1 day ago