Dark Knight Trilogy: The Joker vs Bane

most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
170 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
25 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #81
Bedewe22 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,399 | Props total: 107 107
 donmeca2020 said:
i haven't seen the new batman yet... but from the movie trailer it looks good, im a tad unhappy with Bane's appearance. he looks nothing like he did in the comic book. true it would be hard to have him like that, but if you think about CGI can do wonders. look at the Marvel's Hulk for example.

Why would you expect to see that in Nolan's Batman films?
 5 years ago '04        #82
jholla31 
space
space
$662 | Props total: 237 237
 donmeca2020 said:
i haven't seen the new batman yet... but from the movie trailer it looks good, im a tad unhappy with Bane's appearance. he looks nothing like he did in the comic book. true it would be hard to have him like that, but if you think about CGI can do wonders. look at the Marvel's Hulk for example.
worst comparison ever, hulk really??? plus All CGi movies are at sometimes kinda of whack

it worked well for the avengers because that was some superhero ish, larger than life type stuff in the marvel universe.

Batman was all about being a detective and gritty real world type ish, I 'm glad they didn't overdo the CGi, that take the realism out of the experience, you relate more to a movie the less CGi it has ( makes the mind think its more believable)
 5 years ago '04        #83
CA$H MONEY 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,923 | Props total: 3 3
 Triple0 said:
I haven't seen rises yet but my vote goes to bane. He is by far my favorite batman villain. The joker was great but is very overrated and played out. Everyone is up the jokers a.ss.
Because the Joker was quite possibly the best villain in any entertainment role EVER.........
 5 years ago '05        #84
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 jholla31 said:
at the foolishness in this thread right now, people always want to compare or say it should have been done this way like they are the expert...

He had an almost unlimited budget and complete oversight on this project, he directed and produced the movie the way he wanted too... he wanted too which was to give your more than what was on screen to think about, you will have to see this movie at least 3 times to understand some of the elements of it, that's why they call it being an artist idiots, if one person can look upon your work and say they got that ish figured out then you failed, the work is supposed to keep people talking for years not a year or a few weeks

I'm not even a big batman fan, but can appreciate the work done on this trilogy and esp this last film , it was easily the best one and relates more to our world today than any other movie right now ( dirty bombs, matial law, patriot act) if yall too stupid to focus on something like " oh i couldnt see his facial expressions, i need facial expressions in my life" then go and watch WWE.....
Yes.
Some people need to read this ^^^ then sit down and have themselves a nice plate of stfu.
 5 years ago '05        #85
TheInevitable24 12 heat pts12
space
space
$5,464 | Props total: 0 0
Lets compare an A-list villian versus a C-list Villain

5 years ago '05        #86
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,449 | Props total: 7091 7091
 jholla31 said:

I'm not even a big batman fan, but can appreciate the work done on this trilogy and esp this last film , it was easily the best one and relates more to our world today than any other movie right now ( dirty bombs, matial law, patriot act) if yall too stupid to focus on something like " oh i couldnt see his facial expressions, i need facial expressions in my life" then go and watch WWE.....

I have literally no idea how anybody could possibly have this opinion.

But to each his own.
 5 years ago '04        #87
jholla31 
space
space
 ReppinDaBurghh said:

I have literally no idea how anybody could possibly have this opinion.

But to each his own.
so are you saying it didn't bring all the storylines together??

are you saying it didn't have more action than any of the other ones??

are you saying we didn't see batman get his a.ss handed to him mentally and physically and financially ??

are you saying that the scale of what was going on expanded outside the realm of comic book ish, into actually government military ish??

please tell me what makes it so under TDK to you and yours?, because you must not live in America in 2012 do you????
 5 years ago '07        #88
roeballer 
space
space
$236 | Props total: 4 4
I like the story line better in the dark knight. the way it started off with the bank heist and joker knocking off all the henchmen along the way, then pulling off with all the buses in the way. secondly the joker antics played to your weakness as a human being itself. for example the joker would paint you into a corner and let you off yourself. the joker had corrupted cops and a whole hospital rigged. the jokers logic was that the human spirit is so selfish and jealous that you would do whatever you needed to survive even blow out the other ferry. That makes it more menacing to me, when you give the people the opportunity to decide who lives or dies on a mass level.

Bane was a cool character however it was difficult to understand him at times and his death was anti climatic. The biggest issue I have is was Bane the real villan or was it the chick who was pulling all the strings?!?!?!
 5 years ago '05        #89
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
 roeballer said:
I like the story line better in the dark knight. the way it started off with the bank heist and joker knocking off all the henchmen along the way, then pulling off with all the buses in the way. secondly the joker antics played to your weakness as a human being itself. for example the joker would paint you into a corner and let you off yourself. the joker had corrupted cops and a whole hospital rigged. the jokers logic was that the human spirit is so selfish and jealous that you would do whatever you needed to survive even blow out the other ferry. That makes it more menacing to me, when you give the people the opportunity to decide who lives or dies on a mass level.

Bane was a cool character however it was difficult to understand him at times and his death was anti climatic. The biggest issue I have is was Bane the real villan or was it the chick who was pulling all the strings?!?!?!
Bane and Talia worked together. Bane was an upstart who got put out the League. I'm thinking because his tactics would take the League OUT OF THE SHADOWS. So Ras wasnt with it. They handle their business with elegance and behind the scenes and left it as a mystery to the world. Talia was loyal, but she gone ride with her father first. Once Ras got k!lled, all bets were off and Bane was on his I told you so we just gotta bum rush and blow up the whole thing. Since Talia once again was loyal to the man that saved her and this would get back at the dude who k!lled her father, she was ridin with it.

In essence it was ALL RAS AL GHUL. Bane just had a different approach and Talia was ridin with cause he was her original homie and she was pissed by her pops getting k!lled. Therefore they combined both approaches Talia staying on the low and Bane bullyfooting the city for the world to see.

Last edited by Bobby's World; 07-21-2012 at 02:29 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #90
dom 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$8,349 | Props total: 204 204
Joker because he did what Bane did without the resources Bane had. Bane had an army, a nuclear weapon, and most importantly he knew Batman's identity. Whats being overlooked is how both characters was presented. Joker's TA DAH vs Bane's "no one cared who I was until I put on the mask." Bane wasn't more frightening than the Joker I remember when I first seen Joker's in movie camera footage where the camera is shaking around its distorted and the Joker says "you see this is how crazy Batman made Gotham" then it zooms in on his mouth and then you hear his terrifying laugh. My jaw dropped it was a whole new level of psychotic.

Bane was vicious and the scene that made me emotional was him and Batmans 1st f!ght. How Nolan setup the scene was brilliant. Bane fu*ks Batman up it was a hard watch. I saw it in a packed theater and during this scene everybody was quite. For the first time in my life I felt sorry for Batman. And how Bane died short changed Batman
 5 years ago '04        #91
jholla31 
space
space
 roeballer said:

I think they needed each other, both had a common goal and a backstory together, so it only made sense for them to team up. hse even said I needed bane to help me do this ish.

The new 2012 bonnie and Clyde : Talia on the CEO board and bane in the trenches,
perfect harmony of bushiness and intimidation
 5 years ago '07        #92
roeballer 
space
space
 Bobby's World said:
Bane and Talia worked together. Bane was an upstart who got put out the League. I'm thinking because his tactics would take the League OUT OF THE SHADOWS. So Ras wasnt with it. They handle their business with elegance and behind the scenes and left it as a mystery to the world. Talia was loyal, but she gone ride with her father first. Once Ras got k!lled, all bets were off and Bane was on his I told you so we just gotta bum rush and blow up the whole thing. Since Talia once again was loyal to the man that saved her and this would get back at the dude who k!lled her father, she was ridin with it.

In essence it was ALL RAS AL GHUL. Bane just had a different approach and Talia was ridin with cause he was her original homie and she was pissed by her pops getting k!lled. Therefore they combined both approaches Talia staying on the low and Bane bullyfooting the city for the world to see.
you bring up a great point alot of what they did was behind the scenes, what joker did was in your face and it terrified you. everything joker did was public therefore gaining more exposure and pitting peoples morals against one another. Bane character was weakned to me with the twist of talia
 5 years ago '04        #93
GodsFavorite 101 heat pts101
space
space
space
$8,885 | Props total: 2945 2945
Still think the jokers craziness made him the better more fearsome villain. I mightve been expecting too much from the interviews and sh*t but to me bane was just a martial artist on a mission whereas the joker was just evil

Joker wanted batman to run him over on the pod just to make him lose his morals
 5 years ago '04        #94
space
space
space
joker also started with literally nothing and "took over the city with some bullets and a few drums of gasoline"
 5 years ago '07        #95
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
i can't pick man
 5 years ago '07        #96
roeballer 
space
space
 jholla31 said:
I think they needed each other, both had a common goal and a backstory together, so it only made sense for them to team up. hse even said I needed bane to help me do this ish.

The new 2012 bonnie and Clyde : Talia on the CEO board and bane in the trenches,
perfect harmony of bushiness and intimidation

but does that make bane a better villian. Joker caused so much mayhem and put lives at stake, changed the persona of one of the most respected ppl in the city and then made him and villian. joker did create two face who gave batman a run for his money
 5 years ago '04        #97
jholla31 
space
space
 roeballer said:
but does that make bane a better villian. Joker caused so much mayhem and put lives at stake, changed the persona of one of the most respected ppl in the city and then made him and villian. joker did create two face who gave batman a run for his money

two face gave batman a run for his money??

What is a villain to y'all , really serious question, like for real, lol

and to the dude who said" joker took over the city just with a few bullets and can of gasoline"

You need to get off that Scarface (dope-boy) mentality you need leverage to make it to the top bro sorry
 5 years ago '04        #98
space
space
space
 jholla31 said:
two face gave batman a run for his money??

What is a villain to y'all , really serious question, like for real, lol

and to the dude who said" joker took over the city just with a few bullets and can of gasoline"

You need to get off that Scarface (dope-boy) mentality you need leverage to make it to the top bro sorry
that's a quote from the joker
 5 years ago '05        #99
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
 roeballer said:
you bring up a great point alot of what they did was behind the scenes, what joker did was in your face and it terrified you. everything joker did was public therefore gaining more exposure and pitting peoples morals against one another. Bane character was weakned to me with the twist of talia
I mean with that logic...Joker got the mayor's attention. Bane got the president's attention.

And that's the thing, Ras wasnt with all that. He wanted to get it done, but slip out the back door quietly. Bane didnt want to escape, that was how he was going to become that symbol...worldwide, not just the city. Talia rode with it cause at that point she just wanted to avenge and satisfy her father's wish to destroy Gotham.

How about this, Scarecrow is better than all of them, he's the only one who survived!
 5 years ago '05        #100
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,449 | Props total: 7091 7091
 jholla31 said:

please tell me what makes it so under TDK to you and yours?, because you must not live in America in 2012 do you????
The Dark Knight is just a better movie, period. Better acting, better pacing and it's darker then Tdkr imo.

I think it's hilarious how you Tdkr Stans are acting like its a slap in the face to Nolan and the franchise to say that the most recent one isn't the best one, when I would bet money that 10, 15 years from now even Nolan will say he prefers Tdk.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
18 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
54 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
274 comments
18 hours ago