Raymond Felton - "I'm Better than Lin"

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
117 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
57 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #81
clydes suit 17 heat pts17
space
space
$6,330 | Props total: 6027 6027
 JDub916 said:
I agree that Melo is a very good player and has the attributes you refer to but you traded away three good role players, multiple picks and gave him a 3 year 65 million dollar extension and the flexibility to make moves that comes with it. I guess I'm just not a Melo fan.

Chandler / Camby
Amare / Thomas / Novak
Melo / Copeland / White
JR Smith / Shumpert /
Kidd / Felton

vs

Chandler / Camby / Mozgov
Amare / Mike Scott or O Quinn (2nd rd pick this year???)
Danilo / Chandler
Smith / Shumpert
Kidd / Lin

I like the second lineup better to be honest. You go get a backup four in free agency.
tyson chandler and jr smith both credited carmelo as one of the major factors in their decision to come here so if he's not here tyson would have taken the golden state offer sheet they were floating out there and jr would have gone to la with cp3. a more accurate lineup would be.

Camby/Mozgov
Amare
Gallo/Ill Will(assuming they paid him which i doubt would happen when they knew gallo would command 10 mill annually the next year)
Shumpert/???
Kidd(assuming he would want to come to a fringe playoff team like this)/lin(i don't know why he's in this lineup because it was dolan they felt slighted by him not melo but whatever)

that second squad is garbage juice.

Last edited by clydes suit; 07-20-2012 at 01:52 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #82
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$48,925 | Props total: 22142 22142
 Thworldisyours said:
I disagree. Melo's at his best is better than those guys at their best.

Look I really like Gallo and Chandler (was sad to see them go)... But they are NOT Carmelo Anthony. Gallo and Chandler are not capable of consistently averaging 25 points a game and they are not closers.

For all the criticism Melo receives (sometimes rightfully so), the guy is one of the best scorers and closers in the game. Most importantly, he's not AFRAID to take that last shot. Those aforementioned gentlemen... are.

Also people forget, that Knicks team in 2010-early 11 hit a wall. Amare started to get tired from dropping 30 every night and needed a closer, a 2nd option. Enter...

[pic - click to view]

Everybody knwos melo is better than all those guys, but if the production is the exact same as it was before he came, then that tells you something.
 5 years ago '12        #83
Thworldisyours 43 heat pts43
space
space
$6,747 | Props total: 13096 13096
 TriniSoldier said:
Everybody knwos melo is better than all those guys, but if the production is the exact same as it was before he came, then that tells you something.
I'll reserve judgment until I get a full season with a training camp.
 5 years ago '09        #84
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$48,925 | Props total: 22142 22142
 Thworldisyours said:
n*ggas been saying that for 2 years now tho. Knicks a lot of money on the books, anything below home court advantage is a failure imo this year. That 7th-8th seed sh*t aint gonna cut it.
 5 years ago '04        #85
JDub916 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$462 | Props total: 4 4
 clydes suit said:
tyson chandler and jr smith both credited carmelo as one of the major factors in their decision to come here so if he's not here tyson would have taken the golden state offer sheet they were floating out there and jr would have gone to la with cp3. a more accurate lineup would be.

Camby/Mozgov
Amare
Gallo/Ill Will(assuming they paid him which i doubt would happen when they knew gallo would command 10 mill annually the next year)
Shumpert/???
Kidd(assuming he would want to come to a fringe playoff team like this)/lin(i don't know why he's in this lineup because it was dolan they felt slighted by him not melo but whatever)

that second squad is garbage juice.
A couple posts said I shouldnt a.ssume those guys go to NY without Melo so dont a.ssume they acquire nobody. Your telling me that without Melo they dont acquire any new players but Camby and Kidd as well as lose Fields. And it's cool, most people agree with you that Melo is better than Mozgov, Gallo, Chandler, and the picks so it's cool. Just opinions.

And Melo was worried about Lin. Melo is an alpha male and he didnt want anyone stealing his shine. Lin stole his shine and proved the Knicks could win playing teamball and this free agent chump comes in like the new toast of NY. I believe he was threatened by Lin. Obviously we're just speculating but why comment on his contract then. Same with Smith. I dont hear them commenting on Jeff Green or Kidd and his DUI but Lin they same something about.
 5 years ago '10        #86
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$26,589 | Props total: 30523 30523
 TriniSoldier said:
n*ggas been saying that for 2 years now tho. Knicks a lot of money on the books, anything below home court advantage is a failure imo this year. That 7th-8th seed sh*t aint gonna cut it.
Did they have a full training camp ?

18-6 under Woodson that wasn't a fluke.... we had an horrible coach here for Melo's whole tenure here.

I'll guarantee that home court this year

Last edited by SmoothTay; 07-20-2012 at 04:05 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #87
space
space
 Thworldisyours said:
 TriniSoldier said:

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #88
rasheedwallace 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,286 | Props total: 11209 11209
felton's fat, cupcake a.ss was awful last year for my blazers. good riddance NY you can have him.
 5 years ago '12        #89
space
space
 rasheedwallace said:
felton's fat, cupcake a.ss was awful last year for my blazers. good riddance NY you can have him.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #90
Wilder GOAT 259 heat pts259
space
space
$8,699 | Props total: 2533 2533
they should have signed NATE ROBINSON
 5 years ago '11        #91
space
space
 JDub916 said:
A couple posts said I shouldnt a.ssume those guys go to NY without Melo so dont a.ssume they acquire nobody. Your telling me that without Melo they dont acquire any new players but Camby and Kidd as well as lose Fields. And it's cool, most people agree with you that Melo is better than Mozgov, Gallo, Chandler, and the picks so it's cool. Just opinions.

And Melo was worried about Lin. Melo is an alpha male and he didnt want anyone stealing his shine. Lin stole his shine and proved the Knicks could win playing teamball and this free agent chump comes in like the new toast of NY. I believe he was threatened by Lin. Obviously we're just speculating but why comment on his contract then. Same with Smith. I dont hear them commenting on Jeff Green or Kidd and his DUI but Lin they same something about.
novak commented on Lin's contract so did he feel threatened by lin too? as a matter of fact novak said the EXACT same sh*t as melo and that the way houston structured the contract was ridiculous. and that teamball sh*t that people bring up about linsanity is some bullsh*t that needs to die. the offensive efficiency didn't make a drastic jump and lins usage rate was off the charts at the time(which is why people should give him somewhat of a pass for the turnovers). during linsanity the knicks were the number 1 defense in the nba by a pretty significant margin and it was the best defensive stretch the knicks put together in over a decade.

and as far as the hypothetical second lineup goes if you're a.ssuming NY acquires players in place of tyson with the cap space they would have had in 2011 i'd like some names because tyson was the only center on the market that wasn't restricted and that was the biggest hole in that lineup before we acquired him. if deandre jordan, marc gasol and tyson aren't option who do you go after in free agency to fill in the holes for that squad.
 5 years ago '11        #92
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
space
$42,171 | Props total: 17524 17524
 clydes suit said:
novak commented on Lin's contract so did he feel threatened by lin too? as a matter of fact novak said the EXACT same sh*t as melo and that the way houston structured the contract was ridiculous. and that teamball sh*t that people bring up about linsanity is some bullsh*t that needs to die. the offensive efficiency didn't make a drastic jump and lins usage rate was off the charts at the time(which is why people should give him somewhat of a pass for the turnovers). during linsanity the knicks were the number 1 defense in the nba by a pretty significant margin and it was the best defensive stretch the knicks put together in over a decade.

and as far as the hypothetical second lineup goes if you're a.ssuming NY acquires players in place of tyson with the cap space they would have had in 2011 i'd like some names because tyson was the only center on the market that wasn't restricted and that was the biggest hole in that lineup before we acquired him. if deandre jordan, marc gasol and tyson aren't option who do you go after in free agency to fill in the holes for that squad.
exactly. Even though Lin wont be the difference in making a championship, We had all defensive minded guys in with our two stars out. Lin was not a good on ball defender, but he was active in team Defense and avg 2 steals a game. Chandler is Chandler, shump is shump, Jeffries was a great help defender that could help with C's to SF's... landry was decent enough. With dantoni we still played pretty good defense in that stretch, but it was personnel rather than coaching.

When Woodson came in our defense improved drastically, and that was with lin in the lineup for 7 games, and Melo improved his because he cared...which isnt right but it is what it is.
 5 years ago '11        #93
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
 5 years ago '11        #94
space
space
 Galactus said:
Chandler came for the money so scratch that.

maybe smith took a discount but I doubt it. Regardless he wouldnt be as needed if we still had the depth pre melo trade.

You cant predict what the teams bench would look like because wed have cap room to make more moves and of ccourse have different needs.
tyson chandler was offered a 4/60+ offer from golden state so no he didn't come for the money he came for the roster we had in place.

and what depth did we have before the trade exactly? shawne williams, bill walker and roger mason are out of the nba. toney douglas and anthony randolph have 1 foot out the door and ronny turiaf is good for maybe 15 minutes a night if you want him to stay healthy. the depth on that roster was severely overrated and we were forced to play amare way too many minutes which led to him breaking down before we even got to the all-star break.

and as far as the cap room we'd have without the melo trade heres what the books would look like this year.

gallo at 9.5
wilson at 5.9
mozgov at 3.1
douglas at 2
amare at 20
and shumpert at 2

that's 42.5 committed to 6 players when the salary cap is at 58. with cap holds of at least another 6 million to fill out the roster with undrafted rookies at the minimum that puts the knicks at 48.5. you're not even getting javale mcgee with that money.

so tell me how would you fill out the roster with that money?

Last edited by clydes suit; 07-20-2012 at 07:48 PM..
 07-20-2012, 09:12 PM         #95
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
as far as I'm concerned, until Lin plays a full season as a starting PG....I don't want to hear that he is better than any other starting PG.
 5 years ago '07        #96
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418
space
space
$18,659 | Props total: 4410 4410
Knicks in 2013 will go something exactly like this -> 42-40 7th seed, swept by Boston or Brooklyn in 1st round...

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #97
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
space
 kyhoopsgoat said:
Knicks in 2013 will go something exactly like this -> 42-40 7th seed, swept by Boston or Brooklyn in 1st round...

[pic - click to view]

Funniest sh*t I read all day.

n*ggas Don't realize we went 18-6 under Woodson you think that was a fluke ?

50+ wins u fu*king f*ggot
 5 years ago '11        #98
space
space
 Galactus said:
You are correct I completly forgot about the warriors offering more money. Not to sure if that is strictly because Melo is here like you are implying but yes Tyson did take less money to sign here my fault.

Youre a.ssuming that all those deals wouldve been signed the same way with the same terms and that no other deals wouldve been struck.

You seem like an intellgent dude with some good knowledge, do you really believe that knicks mangement (most likely walsh) wouldnt of made other moves if they didnt get melo?

I think the melo trade helped in some ways, a big factor was it led to the end of Antoni.

But the trade itself will not be deemed a success until they deliver more than 1 playoff win.
they would have made other moves but we have the luxury of knowing what players were available and at what prices since the trade went down. i don't see any other scenarios where we can come out better than acquiring melo in the trade and the best free agent on the 2011 market.

the package the nets sent out for deron was a lot better than the package the knicks sent out for melo so it's a stretch to think the jazz would ship deron out two years early so they can get the opportunity to overpay wilson chandler and gallo like the nuggets did.

joe johnson would be realistic if we retained our cap space from 2011 but in order to do that the knicks couldn't make any moves for any marquee names before hand so that would leave us in a much worse place than we are now so i don't see that as a serious alternative.

brook lopez, marc gasol and deandre jordan(who sucks anyways) were all getting their deals matched regardless of what we offered.

none of these scenarios sound appealing at all and keep in mind that amare's knee is a ticking time bomb even as a second option. the chances of even making it through the rest of the 2010 season were slim as the focal point of our offense he had virtually zero chance of making it through 2011 healthy. if he goes down his contract is a complete albatross and no one would come to play with that.
 5 years ago '05        #99
BronxBombers 195 heat pts195
space
space
$37,691 | Props total: 2419 2419
 kyhoopsgoat said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #100
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Bronxbombers said:

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
64 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago