Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
260 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
61 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
120 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-20-2012, 09:44 AM         #61
3rdcoasta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
knicks lost! not really, just wanted to say that one time. lol
 07-20-2012, 09:59 AM         #62
FranklyRich 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Time will tell....but he dont get discounts on wontons
 07-20-2012, 10:26 AM         #63
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lin>>Felton
 5 years ago '12        #64
Thworldisyours 43 heat pts43
space
space
$6,811 | Props total: 13321 13321
 MistaKlean said:
didn't jeremy lin put up better avg's last year than felton has EVER put up in a season his entire nba career? and Lin's avg's INCLUDED all the games he played like 5 minutes in earlier in the season before starting which bumped down his #'s - and still finished like 14-6
Actually no sir, Felton's stats as a Knick were better than Lin's stats as a Knick. More points, a.ssists, less turnovers, etc. (And he played more games... Making it harder to maintain a good avg)

About the "5 mins" thing, Lin really didnt play at all the beginning of the season. When he started playing, he was playing big minutes. I remember the game in Boston before the SuperBowl he came in for some of the 2nd quarter and never retured. The next game was the game against Jersey where he took over.

He might've had one game (if that much) where he came in at the end during garbage time but that's it so his average would not have been bumped down by that.
 5 years ago '08        #65
dubs07 
space
space
$734 | Props total: 0 0
The Knicks would be subject to a ridiculous luxury tax if they gave Lin that money
 5 years ago '07        #66
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 Seb.201 said:
yeah they would make the money back off the Lin jersey sales alone. you know how many people were rockin those linsanity shirts i dont see one dude rockin a felton shirt. Lin could turn out to be an all star you guys haven't even given the guy a complete season. he is getting over paid but in a leauge that pays brook lopez 61 mil and gives jason kidd 9 mil for three years when u know he cant play more than another year why not match the offer. Lin > Felton all day even if he rides the bench for three years you know how much money off the marketing he would've made Dolan. Knicks lost.
Jersey sales are split through all teams
 5 years ago '08        #67
Imagin3 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,123 | Props total: 2682 2682
point diabetes droppin that truthhh.
he's comin for nigggggas next yearr

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #68
JDub916 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$462 | Props total: 4 4
 Imagin3 said:
point diabetes droppin that truthhh.
he's comin for nigggggas next yearr

Melo isnt going to let that happen.. Ball is in his hands not Felton. Melo is the problem on the Knicks.
 5 years ago '04        #69
JDub916 2 heat pts
space
space
space
 dubs07 said:
The Knicks would be subject to a ridiculous luxury tax if they gave Lin that money
They wouldnt be subject to the huge tax till year three. Amare, Melo and Chandler all expiring deals. Lin is 24 with room to grow. I think you match and hope he grows to be abetter point. If no improvement, move one of the four in the expiring year. Deal with it then.
 5 years ago '12        #70
space
space
 JDub916 said:
Melo isnt going to let that happen.. Ball is in his hands not Felton. Melo is the problem on the Knicks.
No no no... Felton's job is to GET the ball in Melo's hands... He's the point guard.

Felton doesn't even have to do as much as he did the last time with the Knicks when he was basically the 2nd option.

He can just distribute and shoot open shots when need be.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #71
JDub916 2 heat pts
space
space
space
 Thworldisyours said:
No no no... Felton's job is to GET the ball in Melo's hands... He's the point guard.

Felton doesn't even have to do as much as he did the last time with the Knicks when he was basically the 2nd option.

He can just distribute and shoot open shots when need be.

[pic - click to view]

That highlight video is Felton running high pick and roll 100% of the time. Melo isnt going to let that happen. It will be iso and clear out ball once he feels threatened. Sad thing is they would be better with Danilo, Wilson Chandler, could've taken Quincy Miller this year with the second they dealt, kept their first in 2014 and 2016.
 5 years ago '10        #72
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$26,618 | Props total: 30598 30598
 JDub916 said:
That highlight video is Felton running high pick and roll 100% of the time. Melo isnt going to let that happen. It will be iso and clear out ball once he feels threatened. Sad thing is they would be better with Danilo, Wilson Chandler, could've taken Quincy Miller this year with the second they dealt, kept their first in 2014 and 2016.
 5 years ago '10        #73
Blkboipurp 
space
space
$15,377 | Props total: 9648 9648
 JDub916 said:
no...just no
 5 years ago '12        #74
space
space
 JDub916 said:
I disagree. Melo's at his best is better than those guys at their best.

Look I really like Gallo and Chandler (was sad to see them go)... But they are NOT Carmelo Anthony. Gallo and Chandler are not capable of consistently averaging 25 points a game and they are not closers.

For all the criticism Melo receives (sometimes rightfully so), the guy is one of the best scorers and closers in the game. Most importantly, he's not AFRAID to take that last shot. Those aforementioned gentlemen... are.

Also people forget, that Knicks team in 2010-early 11 hit a wall. Amare started to get tired from dropping 30 every night and needed a closer, a 2nd option. Enter...

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #75
JDub916 2 heat pts
space
space
space
 Thworldisyours said:
I disagree. Melo's at his best is better than those guys at their best.

Look I really like Gallo and Chandler (was sad to see them go)... But they are NOT Carmelo Anthony. Gallo and Chandler are not capable of consistently averaging 25 points a game and they are not closers.

For all the criticism Melo receives (sometimes rightfully so), the guy is one of the best scorers and closers in the game. Most importantly, he's not AFRAID to take that last shot. Those aforementioned gentlemen... are.

Also people forget, that Knicks team in 2010-early 11 hit a wall. Amare started to get tired from dropping 30 every night and needed a closer, a 2nd option. Enter...

[pic - click to view]

I agree that Melo is a very good player and has the attributes you refer to but you traded away three good role players, multiple picks and gave him a 3 year 65 million dollar extension and the flexibility to make moves that comes with it. I guess I'm just not a Melo fan.

Chandler / Camby
Amare / Thomas / Novak
Melo / Copeland / White
JR Smith / Shumpert /
Kidd / Felton

vs

Chandler / Camby / Mozgov
Amare / Mike Scott or O Quinn (2nd rd pick this year???)
Danilo / Chandler
Smith / Shumpert
Kidd / Lin

I like the second lineup better to be honest. You go get a backup four in free agency.

Last edited by JDub916; 07-20-2012 at 01:08 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #76
space
space
 JDub916 said:
I agree that Melo is a very good player and has the attributes you refer to but you traded away three good role players, multiple picks and gave him a 3 year 65 million dollar extension and the flexibility to make moves that comes with it. I guess I'm just not a Melo fan.

Chandler / Camby
Amare / Thomas / Novak
Melo / Copeland / White
JR Smith / Shumpert /
Kidd / Felton

vs

Danilo / Chandler
Smith / Shumpert
Kidd / Lin

I like the second lineup better to be honest. You go get a backup four in free agency.
You cant just automatically a.ssume the Knicks would make the same acquisitions they did after getting Melo IF they didnt get Melo...

Who's to say Chandler comes here if Melo's not here? Why the hell would he leave the Mavs and Dirk after getting a ring? I'm pretty sure he would've only come if Melo was here. And wasnt Melo instrumental in getting JR?

If we dont ge Melo, that changes everything. Knicks made decisions based on the team they have at that time. And I'd still take the first team lol. The 2nd team would STILL need a closer.
 5 years ago '04        #77
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
space
$55,751 | Props total: 13138 13138
 JDub916 said:

Chandler / Camby
Amare / Thomas / Novak
Melo / Copeland / White
JR Smith / Shumpert /
Kidd / Felton

vs

Danilo / Chandler
Smith / Shumpert
Kidd / Lin

Gallo and Chandler were good but them n*ggas are injury prone and they're overpaid now. They're not on cheap contracts anymore
 5 years ago '10        #78
kawgre12 14 heat pts14
space
space
$13,181 | Props total: 7758 7758
 JDub916 said:

Chandler / Camby
Amare / Thomas / Novak
Melo / Copeland / White
JR Smith / Shumpert /
Kidd / Felton

vs

Danilo / Chandler
Smith / Shumpert
Kidd / Lin

5 years ago '04        #79
j2p4yall 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$923 | Props total: 40 40
Jason kidd > raymond felton

and thats who should be starting this year
 5 years ago '12        #80
ALTheGreatS 23 heat pts23
space
space
$4,470 | Props total: 900 900
If he plays anything close to how he played before the Melo trade, Knicks are going to have an interresting season.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
110 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
106 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
41 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
27 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
68 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
20 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
72 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
144 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy