NBA says jersey advertisements "likely" to begin in 2014, current idea is a 2" x 2" jersey patch

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
83 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
54 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
116 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
256 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #61
Down-N-H-Town 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,630 | Props total: 602 602
Makes sense to me. An additional $100 million in the pocket is nice. Especially sense none of the owners are extreme ballers like the NFL.
 07-20-2012, 11:31 AM         #62
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
But how many of them, how long before they get bigger. Do the players get a share, if not they should at least up the minimum and maximum of contracts so that players see some kind of gain. This sh*t will look tacky as fu*k.
 07-20-2012, 11:46 AM         #63
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dtf12 said:
I will quit watching... Ive stopped buy jerseys a LOOOONG as time ago.. guess its time to leave the money hungry NBA alone.... hey NBA owners heres an idea... stop paying these ATHLETES so fu*king MUCH!!! Kris Hump is getting 12 MILLION A YEAR for a 2 year deal!! WTF?!?!
The thing people overlook when they say they don't think athletes should be amongst the highest paid people in the world is that they don't get nearly the amount of money they generate. No matter what you think about them personally, every man deserves what he earns and you can't argue that. Basketball is about individuals, Magic vs Bird took the game to another level, MJ took it to another level. Kobe and LeBron are the reason the game continues to grow. The NBA is raking in billions of dollars and the highest paid athlete will pull in what about 120 million of NBA salary in their careers? Not nearly what they earn the NBA.

Nobody who thinks the way you do takes into consideration that these ballers put their health on the line all their lives pushing towards this goal, one blown knee and suddenly all they worked for in the first 18 years of their lives fades away. They have to travel for the better part of the year so they can't spend the time with their families they need to. Athletes work harder than nearly every person who believes they are overpaid.

/rant
 5 years ago '04        #64
JDub916 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$462 | Props total: 4 4
I agree they should get as much as they can just like the owners should. The problem is we end up paying for it buying $200 advertisements to sit in $135 seats and drink $10 beer. The reality is the current system isnt affordable to the people you need to keep as dedicated fans to continue to grow the game. I haven't been to a NBA game in years due to a terrible team that is overpriced. I mean who wants to pay $20 to park, $40 in food and drinks and ticket costs that range from $20 in nosebleeds to $70 for the worst lower level seats. Now they put more money in their pockets to sponsor the team and in return get some tickets for their sponsorship and if it's 100 mill a year we're talking plenty of seats and then they raise the price on us to make up for it. Please fix your broke system. I'll spend my money on things that matter.
 5 years ago '09        #65
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,660 | Props total: 2778 2778
i wonder which team will advertise something like condoms or tampons
 5 years ago '11        #66
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,805 | Props total: 2668 2668
 DEDOS said:
100 mill a year just for a patch on the jerseys for owners but the players only get an avg of 57 mill a year per team, and these suckas still fall for the lies about them not making money
Cash flow doesn't equal net income dumb a.ss
 5 years ago '08        #67
Tecnique 27 heat pts27
space
space
$11,408 | Props total: 154 154
I dont really see the big deal
 5 years ago '12        #68
acefresh 10 heat pts10
space
space
$5,245 | Props total: 9455 9455
 Fras1788 said:
Nobody really cares about soccer in general though.

Soccer sucks, and probably needs ad revenue in America just to stay relevant, in America

you probly dont cuz u never left the 5 mile radius within which you were born. ignorant a.ss nicca

Most of the world watches soccer, and soccer is KNOWN for having the most fanatic followers of any sport in the world. fukk outta here with your closed-minded, un-informed, out of the loop a.ss.

BRAZIL ALL DAY. Lookin forward to the world cup.

5 years ago '05        #69
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,254 | Props total: 9708 9708
it's good business. it'll help multiple franchises compete in the future.

i remember hearing a conversation on this a couple years ago. apparently, K-Mart's or Wal-Mart (one of them) is headquartered in Memphis, TN. imagine them sinking millions of dollars into them? or Nike into Portland? sh*t would be crazy.
 07-20-2012, 12:54 PM         #70
Ednyce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this is fu*king bullsh*t, money hungry scumbags. fu*king sellouts. like they dont generate enough money already.
 5 years ago '07        #71
blackjewelz 
space
space
$5,446 | Props total: 3247 3247
I don't wear jerseys so whatever..sh*t is still an eye sore though.I don't know how they can do this without it looking tacky.
 5 years ago '11        #72
BuckedCrazy 46 heat pts46
space
space
$5,048 | Props total: 1513 1513
 Dee Grande said:

[pic - click to view]

Slept on post
 5 years ago '05        #73
FEDEXKINKO 
space
space
space
$488 | Props total: 3 3

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha at the Disney joint and the Iams
 5 years ago '06        #74
J_Teflon 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,755 | Props total: 2959 2959
not mad. get that money. this is america
 5 years ago '06        #75
J_Teflon 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,755 | Props total: 2959 2959
 Fras1788 said:
I meant nobody in AMERICA really cares about fu*king soccer. I REALIZE IT'S POPULAR ALL OVER THE WORLD. Even bringing David Beckham to the US barely increased its popularity. You'd have to be locked in your bedroom for 50 years not to realize that soccer is "the worlds sport"

Soccer fu*king sucks. Plain and simple. That's what I'm getting at

NFL>>>NBA>>>PGA>>>Watching Paint Dry> MLB > Watching Grass Grow> NHL>> k!lling myself>MLS
seems like you have a miserable life. your always posting your negative thoughts in threads. no one listens to you in the real world so you have to come on boxden to attempt to change that. u live in vermont. you lost at life
 5 years ago '07        #76
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,396 | Props total: 13084 13084
 wjcorner said:
Cash flow doesn't equal net income dumb a.ss
as a generality that's true, but if they're getting $100 mil revenue just for these patches and their only cost is making the patches and sewing them on the jersey (if they even have to pay for that), there's not going to be much incremental cost involved, just tax on the income. it would more than cover most teams' salaries, theoretically.

Last edited by joshdogg26; 07-20-2012 at 01:56 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #77
superdrunken 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,849 | Props total: 82 82
 Dee Grande said:

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #78
young shiz 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,113 | Props total: 91 91
 GollyI'mGully said:
my only problem is that if you buy a jersey it will come with the advertisement on it, so you're essentially paying to walk around as a human billboard
Just don't buy jerseys
 5 years ago '06        #79
respectrayallen 
space
space
space
$384 | Props total: 25 25
Who cares?

They should have done it a long time ago. People are going to talk about it for a minute and then it will just be commonplace. Nobody will care. Nobody is going to stop watching because of a patch on the shoulder and those jerseys will sell just fine.
 5 years ago '05        #80
ChokeHold 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,971 | Props total: 23 23
 Cap Peeler said:
soccer has historically been like that tho' and the ads on soccer jerseys are rather cool, it fits them

just take a peek at the new PSG shirt

[pic - click to view]

that's not their real kit tho lol it's a photoshop
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
104 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
38 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
109 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
71 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
90 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
62 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
19 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
27 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy