Jul 19 - 5.0 shot and killed at Dairy Queen | Death penalty sought in shooting death

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
176 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #1
8591 pageviews
108 comments

Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,928 | Props total: 55 55
Jul 19 - 5.0 shot and k!lled at Dairy Queen | death penalty sought in shooting death

Robeson County District Attorney Johnson Britt said Wednesday that he plans to seek the death penalty against a man charged in the shooting death of a Lumberton police officer.

[pic - click to view]

Marques Ramon Brown, 27, is charged with first-degree murder. He is being held without bond in the Cumberland County jail for safekeeping, but he made a brief court appearance via video in Lumberton on Wednesday morning.

Master Patrol Officer Jeremiah Montgomery Goodson Jr., 32, was shot Tuesday morning in front of Xpress Depot, a combination Dairy Queen and Shell gas station at 5030 Fayetteville Road in Lumberton, which is a couple of blocks from Exit 22 off Interstate 95.

Police said Goodson, who was off duty, spotted someone who had outstanding warrants and called on-duty officers for help. As Officer Ronnie Hayes was pulling into the parking lot in his patrol car, Goodson got out of his vehicle and approached the wanted man.

The man then opened fire on Goodson, and Hayes took the gunman into custody, police said.

Goodson was pronounced dead at Southeastern Regional Medical Center, marking the first time in more than 70 years that a Lumberton police officer had been k!lled while doing his job.

Brown was wanted on charges of possession of a firearm by a felon and failure to appear in court, police said.

He has a criminal record dating to 2004, according to North Carolina Department of Public Safety records. He was released from prison in 2007 after serving two years and seven months for a felony breaking and entering conviction, and he also has been convicted of larceny, possession of stolen goods, receiving and possessing a firearm and misdemeanor breaking and entering, according to department records.

During the court hearing Wednesday, Brown asked for a court-appointed attorney. Several Lumberton police officers wore black bands on their badges as they watched the proceeding.

"(There's) a lot of emotion," Sgt. Don Ward said of seeing Brown in court. "Jeremiah was a very good person. He was a dedicated officer. He was a dedicated husband. He was definitely a family man, and he was dedicated to his department."

Goodson had been with the Lumberton Police Department for about six years, was a member of the gang unit and worked at Lumberton High School as a school resource officer, officials said.

Goodson is survived by a wife, Lametria, and 2-year-old daughter, and his wife is expecting the couple's second child any day now. Police Chief Michael McNeill said he visited with Lametria Goodson Tuesday night and that she was dealing with her husband's death as best she could.

"She's in good spirits. Her mother is in good spirits. I asked her about the baby and herself, and she said they both are doing fine," McNeill said. "I told them last night, I said, 'Listen, we're going to be with you now and then we're going t be with you throughout this whole process and then after this process because that is our family.'"

[pic - click to view]

death penalty sought in shooting death of Lumberton officer :: WRAL.com

Last edited by Beach Bum; 07-19-2012 at 08:22 AM..

108 comments for "Jul 19 - 5.0 shot and killed at Dairy Queen | Death penalty sought in shooting death"

07-19-2012, 08:32 AM         #2
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Police said Goodson, who was off duty, spotted someone who had outstanding warrants and called on-duty officers for help. As Officer Ronnie Hayes was pulling into the parking lot in his patrol car, Goodson got out of his vehicle and approached the wanted man.

I smell bullsh*t............how did you know he had outstanding warrants was he randomly searching people in the area?, And why would u approach a man wanted on gun charges off duty without your weapon? If the other police were there why wasn't the man shot at, or even able to pull his weapon and fire into the officers chest................Somebody is lying.......

Last edited by Dos-effect; 07-19-2012 at 08:36 AM..
 5 years ago '10        #3
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51 OP
space
space
 Dos-effect said:

I smell bullsh*t............how did you know he had outstanding warrants was he randomly searching people in the area?, And why would u approach a man wanted on gun charges off duty without your weapon? If the other police were there why wasn't the man shot at, or even able to pull his weapon and fire into the officers chest................Somebody is lying.......
it never is the CONVICTED felons fault is it?
 07-19-2012, 08:55 AM         #4
millz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 UcantCme said:
it never is the CONVICTED felons fault is it?
 07-19-2012, 08:57 AM         #5
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Didn't say that, said the events that led up to the shooting don't add up......yes I'm a bit skeptic...........but honestly how they indicated this whole thing transpired doesn't make sense, unless the knew the guy and knew he had a warrant, there is no way to determine just by looking at someone they have a warrant. I mean they could have an APB out for the dude, but even with that in a large city with a warrant for a court no show.......its not like they sending out swat........plus the fact there were 2 cops on scene, one got k!lled and other one didnt engage?.......that does not make sense..........coming from where I was raised........that badge does not make you a saint.........just cause the cops said it happen doesn't mean that's how it did.........and its not like the fu*kers are incapable of being shady simply because of their jobs......it could have happen just like they said but if that case there are holes in the story............

Last edited by Dos-effect; 07-19-2012 at 09:00 AM..
 5 years ago '10        #6
space
space
 Dos-effect said:
Didn't say that, say the events that led up to the shooting don't add up......yes I'm a bit skeptic...........but honestly how they indicated this whole thing transpired doesn't make sense, unless the knew the guy and knew he had a warrant, there is no way to determine just by looking at someone they have a warrant. I mean they could have an APB out for the dude, but even with that in a large city with a warrant for a court no show.......its not like they sending out swat........plus the fact there were 2 cops on scene, one got k!lled and other one didnt engage?.......that does not make sense......
i agree that the one cop getting shot and the other not doesnt really make sense, but maybe the cop that got shot didnt have a gun drawn and the uniformed officer did and the felon didnt wanna die on that side walk.

and as far as recongnizing him, as you said there could have been a APB out on him and maybe the off duty cop saw the list of them the day before or something, guess we really wont know til more info is dropped, if we ever find out.
 5 years ago '08        #7
M 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,182 | Props total: 5309 5309
Damn, has a 2 year old and his wife's pregnant
 07-19-2012, 09:11 AM         #8
One Shot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dos-effect said:

Can you point me to where the article says the off duty cop didn't have a weapon?
 07-19-2012, 09:12 AM         #9
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 One Shot said:
Can you point me to where the article says the off duty cop didn't have a weapon?
HE GOT SHOT IN THE fu*kING CHEST..........you tell me genius................
 5 years ago '10        #10
space
space
 DEDOS said:
this guy wasnt even in uniform
which is why he called for backup

unless he identified himself the felon could have thought he was in danger
 5 years ago '07        #11
Barnone254 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,670 | Props total: 1165 1165
How was he "identified"? sh*t doesn't add up. I hate the police with a passion, so ill just keep my negative sentiments to myself.
 5 years ago '07        #12
Rob De Niro 120 heat pts120
space
space
$13,488 | Props total: 668 668
When your a police officer you have morning briefing everyday in which you talk about the most wanted criminals in the city. Everyone has pictures and the info on these people. So that's how he knew this guy was wanted.
 5 years ago '07        #13
pete jr 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,966 | Props total: 1194 1194
There's a good chance he knew what the dude looked like. Kinda ridiculous to think otherwise.
 07-19-2012, 10:42 AM         #14
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rob De Niro said:
When your a police officer you have morning briefing everyday in which you talk about the most wanted criminals in the city. Everyone has pictures and the info on these people. So that's how he knew this guy was wanted.
You a.ssume right?
 5 years ago '11        #15
xo xo xo 85 heat pts85
space
space
space
$5,426 | Props total: 432 432
So Sad, RIP to the police officer.
 07-19-2012, 10:51 AM         #16
One Shot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dos-effect said:
HE GOT SHOT IN THE fu*kING CHEST..........you tell me genius................
no armed person has ever gotten shot?

you're not making sense.

on-duty cops (who obviously are armed) get shot too.

genius.
 07-19-2012, 11:17 AM         #17
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 One Shot said:
no armed person has ever gotten shot?

you're not making sense.

on-duty cops (who obviously are armed) get shot too.

genius.
I'm not making sense? Or you just dont want to admit that you asked a stupid a.ss question?
 07-19-2012, 11:20 AM         #18
One Shot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dos-effect said:
I'm not making sense? Or you just dont want to admit that you asked a stupid a.ss question?
your reasoning clearly doesn't make sense, armed on-duty cops get shot, so why is him being shot proof that he didn't have a weapon?
 5 years ago '10        #19
space
space
 otherside said:
so he was off-duty & decided to approach someone he kind knew was a wanted person like that? he didn't want the guy to leave the parking lot so he went n tried stopping him? this guy pretty much k!lled himself for being too damn nosey when he was off-duty...

R.I.P. still
i really hope you are still living at mom and dads.
 07-19-2012, 11:43 AM         #20
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 One Shot said:
your reasoning clearly doesn't make sense, armed on-duty cops get shot, so why is him being shot proof that he didn't have a weapon?
Logically if your a cop that spots a subject who has a warrant on a gun charge, do you not pull your weapon in order to subdue him? That's common sense, or do you go up to guy begging him to surrender..........use your brain, its called subjective thinking dumbass. The fact he was shot shows he did not have his weapon, and he wouldn't have had it holstered due to the type of criminal he was attempting to subdue and I don't think you can legally pull your service piece period if your not on duty or you don't identify yourself as police...
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
188 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago