Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
33 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
14 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #101
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,341 | Props total: 11542 11542
Shouldve sold more
 5 years ago '09        #102
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,078 | Props total: 8849 8849
 DJ Maximum said:
Shouldve sold more
true nas didn't stick to their word on copping Life Is Good tho Usher and Chris Brown sold similar first week numbers (130k+) and they have singles all over the radio, nas doesn't have a single all the radio, like Justinjones said Nas last hit was 9 years ago, plus 4 fu*king years is a long time to release album
 5 years ago '12        #103
Black Moon 
space
space
space
$242 | Props total: 0 0
I forgot that to be considered a real hip hop head you have to stan for nas
 5 years ago '10        #104
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
@ the Jay-Z stans, they just can't help themselves.
 5 years ago '10        #105
jt satan 79 heat pts79
space
space
$3,643 | Props total: 149 149
 ash1990 said:
At making hits I'll give you that, But the quality of Jeezy Music is not fu*king with NaS music
so you telling me that hip hop is dead, untitled and life is good are overall better than tm101, the inspiration, the recession and tm103, plus all of jeezy's mixtapes in between 2005- 2012

it is what it is though. Im glad you think that though

congrats to nas on the #'s

Last edited by jt satan; 07-19-2012 at 07:48 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #106
Real 2 heat pts
space
space
$391 | Props total: 0 0
 jt satan said:
so you telling me that hip hop is dead, untitled and life is good are overall better than tm101, the inspiration, the recession and tm103, plus all of jeezy's mixtapes in between 2005- 2012

^^^This is exactly why Hip-Hop is as sh*tty as it is now. These "fans" right here. It has become acceptable to even CONSIDER this fake gimmicky tough talk rap to be anywhere close to albums like HHID, Untitled AND LIG. Wow. I give up.
 5 years ago '09        #107
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,078 | Props total: 8849 8849
 jt satan said:

To each his fam
I don't see the point on comparing me, especially when nas albums is more versatile/creative than Young Jeezy albums, btw I don't think that hip hop is dead, untitled, tho imo Life Is Good is a better album than TM101
Young Jeezy new muisic doesn't have replay value, The Real Back 1-2 were meh, TM103 was aight, Jeezy last great mixtape was Trap Or Die 2 imo

The 1st week numbers was ok, especially when all his on Life Is Good singles ain't doing sh*t, hopefully Life Is Good goes Gold
 5 years ago '11        #108
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104 OP
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 jt satan said:

Jeezy is nothing without his beats

Nas can actually rap

Jeezy should only be compared to rick Ross and other rappers that depend on production
 5 years ago '04        #109
Real 2 heat pts
space
space
$391 | Props total: 0 0
 Akira Son Bio said:
Apollo Brown and O.C. might have the album of the summer and dudes won't even pay attention let alone support that project. Not surprising, just disgusting when cats start bi*ching about where's the real hip hop at. Same dudes probably light candles and listen to Take Care while taking a bath

no disrespect to you either, just adding to that statement.
Exactly. WTF has happened to music fans over the years? Grown men on here praying for a quality artists downfall is sad to see. Nas did his part and nailed it with this album. He just dropped an amazing album for the people. Fans of Hip-Hop lost, point blank. Cats literally running around from thread to thread REACHING for any reason to hate and a lot of it is just for attention. wtf? You idiots are just hurting yourselves in the long run. Continue to sit back and watch as Hip-Hop and music continues to become a joke. You lost.

Last edited by Real; 07-19-2012 at 10:32 AM..
 5 years ago '08        #110
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,799 | Props total: 12452 12452
 jt satan said:

Jeezys personal ball handler is in the house

Jeezy will NEVER put out better music then nas, in this lifetime or the next, fu*k outta here jeezy d!ckrider
 5 years ago '10        #111
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
 Eagles All Day said:
Jeezys personal ball handler is in the house

Jeezy will NEVER put out better music then nas, in this lifetime or the next, fu*k outta here jeezy d!ckrider
Real talk...
 5 years ago '04        #112
NBA Brawler 112 heat pts112
space
space
$17,560 | Props total: 2413 2413
I'm gonna cop it sometime this weekend.
 5 years ago '05        #113
ice wolf 515 heat pts515
space
space
$9,299 | Props total: 5486 5486
Congrats to the homie. Any true Hip-Hop head knows that the best in this genre don't always have the highest sales.

[pic - click to view]

07-19-2012, 12:24 PM         #114
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ice wolf said:
Congrats to the homie. Any true Hip-Hop head knows that the best in this genre don't always have the highest sales.

[pic - click to view]

Sales mean the most to the record companies because they get the biggest cut off the record sales, the artists get their biggest paydays off shows, touring, features, publishing and endorsments.

Whenever I see sales-obsessed fans it reminds me of the white men in suits at the labels who eat off HipHop record sales and the children of these execs who get an allowance from their fathers based on how much Nas sells. Those children are in this thread.
 5 years ago '11        #115
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104 OP
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
Record sales are important for 3 reasons

1. If a artist flops you think the label will be in a rush to release another album from you? If you a new artist you might not get to release a second album

2. The budget for your next album will be cut that means less promo less samples and features

3. The 360 deal which means the artist tour money will be effected
 5 years ago '12        #116
Black Moon 
space
space
space
$242 | Props total: 0 0
Stans are mad
 5 years ago '11        #117
case sensitive 
space
space
$3,607 | Props total: 321 321
good sales, i dont expect anyone to exactly sell what they did 4 years ago unless they had some sort of mega single out. obviously i would have liked a bigger showing tho.

why do people keep bringing up Ross' numbers tho? Nas is on the back end of his career, why even compare a newer rapper to that. Ross is essentially in his prime at least as far as popularity goes.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
152 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now