Jul 18 - Chick-Fil-A cops to being anti-gay: ‘guilty as charged’ says company president

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
131 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #1
5746 pageviews
98 comments

jlandryst 1544 heat pts1544
space
space
$3,704 | Props total: 0 0
Jul 18 - Chick-Fil-A cops to being anti-gay: ‘guilty as charged’ says company president

[pic - click to view]

Fast food chain Chick-Fil-A has been accused of being anti-gay for supporting organizations such as Focus on the Family, which oppose gay marriage.

Company president Dan Cathy said this week that his company is “guilty as charged.”

In an interview with the Baptist Press, Cathy said Chick-Fil-A is “very much supportive of the family - the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that.”

The chain, founded in 1946 by Cathy’s father, S. Truett Cathy, donated a total of $2 million to anti-gay groups including the Marriage & Family Foundation and the Family Research Council in 2010, according to Business Insider.

Chick-Fil-A gave another $2 million to many of the same organizations in 2009.

The donations, made through the company’s charity organization, WinShape, prompted Boston’s Northeastern University to scrap plans for a Chick-Fil-A on its campus earlier this year.

Despite a corporate statement declaring that the purpose of Chick-Fil-A is “to glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us,” Cathy told the Baptist Press that it isn’t a Christian business.

Christianity “is about a personal relationship,” he said. “Companies are not lost or saved, but certainly individuals are. But as an organization we can operate on biblical principles.”

Read more:
[pic - click to view]

Chick-Fil-A cops to being anti-gay: ‘guilty as charged’ says company presidentÂ* - NY Daily News

Say what you want but i gives less than a fu-k cuz the chick-fil-a nuggets with Polynesian sauce be on point

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

and the sandwiches with waffle fries FTW

[pic - click to view]

Only thing i dont like is that they not open late or on Sundays...lol

98 comments for "Jul 18 - Chick-Fil-A cops to being anti-gay: ‘guilty as charged’ says company president"

5 years ago '06        #2
pa_general 134 heat pts134
space
space
$6,856 | Props total: 557 557
Chi-Fil-A>>>
 5 years ago '07        #3
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,377 | Props total: 16003 16003
yea Im in Focus on fam central (C.Springs).. ole don't ask don't tell just point fingers organization lol
 07-18-2012, 04:13 PM         #4
Twelve 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I wouldn't care if they believed in unicorns and prayed to based god.

The food is good as fu*k.
 5 years ago '07        #5
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,606 | Props total: 3235 3235
No sh*t, they are a very religious company. They aren't even open on Sundays for gods sake. This should be common knowledge and they have never tried to hide it. They donate a lot to "pro-family" (ie anti-gay) organizations.

I support gay rights but Chick-Fil-A is getting ate no matter what, I don't give a damn
 5 years ago '09        #6
ill 800 64 heat pts64
space
space
$9,089 | Props total: 269 269
fu*king right. at least someone has some balls in this country
 5 years ago '12        #7
AJtheGreat 26 heat pts26
space
space
$20,803 | Props total: 1724 1724
 ghost8 said:
No sh*t, they are a very religious company. They aren't even open on Sundays for gods sake. This should be common knowledge and they have never tried to hide it. They donate a lot to "pro-family" (ie anti-gay) organizations.

I support gay rights but Chick-Fil-A is getting ate no matter what, I don't give a damn
Same here
 5 years ago '06        #8
LakerFan 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,282 | Props total: 460 460
I'm not gay but i live with a gay person and I dont see it as a problem as long as they aren't spewing anti-gay messages. Being Pro-heteros3xual and being anti-gay are two totally different things. You can be against homos3xuality without being an as*hole and i dont think they have ever done anything i would consider over the line.
 5 years ago '10        #9
TiestoFriendly 6 heat pts
space
space
$15,363 | Props total: 14 14
 ghost8 said:

co-sign.

I fu*kin' love that chicken sandwich with the waffle fries and a large hi-c fruit punch!
 5 years ago '09        #10
TraV 77 heat pts77
space
space
$21,076 | Props total: 1813 1813
Blunt. I like it. It's their restaurant. They can run it how they see fit. They can support whomever they choose etc etc. It's THEIR views.
 5 years ago '07        #11
Barnone254 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,670 | Props total: 1165 1165
 jlandryst said:

[pic - click to view]

Fast food chain Chick-Fil-A has been accused of being anti-gay for supporting organizations such as Focus on the Family, which oppose gay marriage.

Company president Dan Cathy said this week that his company is “guilty as charged.”

In an interview with the Baptist Press, Cathy said Chick-Fil-A is “very much supportive of the family - the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that.”

The chain, founded in 1946 by Cathy’s father, S. Truett Cathy, donated a total of $2 million to anti-gay groups including the Marriage & Family Foundation and the Family Research Council in 2010, according to Business Insider.

Chick-Fil-A gave another $2 million to many of the same organizations in 2009.

The donations, made through the company’s charity organization, WinShape, prompted Boston’s Northeastern University to scrap plans for a Chick-Fil-A on its campus earlier this year.

Despite a corporate statement declaring that the purpose of Chick-Fil-A is “to glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us,” Cathy told the Baptist Press that it isn’t a Christian business.

Christianity “is about a personal relationship,” he said. “Companies are not lost or saved, but certainly individuals are. But as an organization we can operate on biblical principles.”

Read more:

Say what you want but i gives less than a fu-k cuz the chick-fil-a nuggets with Polynesian sauce be on point

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

and the sandwiches with waffle fries FTW

[pic - click to view]

Only thing i dont like is that they not open late or on Sundays...lol
You already know
 5 years ago '05        #12
Soprano ATL 43 heat pts43
space
space
$9,331 | Props total: 206 206

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #13
darquecinnamon 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$15,348 | Props total: 152 152
 ill 800 said:
fu*king right. At least someone has some balls in this country
chicken balls
 5 years ago '04        #14
NaMeLeSs- 83 heat pts83
space
space
$9,296 | Props total: 3596 3596
wow the backlash from this will be epic

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #15
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,606 | Props total: 3235 3235
 utdpridah said:

[pic - click to view]

You know you can add eggs to that and make a chicken, egg, and cheese sandwich That sh*t is GOAT breakfast food. Its not on the menu though, you just have to ask
 5 years ago '07        #16
Ham Rove 3510 heat pts3510
space
space
$55,197 | Props total: 19832 19832
never ate there but heard its good as hell lol. I just dont understand from a business stand point why someone would say this, if i owned a business and hated gay people id just stay quiet, who wants that negative press, and gay people still have money lol.
 5 years ago '04        #17
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
the polynesian sauce>__

I dip everything on the menu in it.
 07-18-2012, 07:13 PM         #18
DaFlavamensavor 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
stupid move bad for business every one of the store will have a gay rally protesting chick fil a dressed like chickens talking bout eat beef
 07-18-2012, 07:47 PM         #19
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Keepin it mega real!
Sheeeit had I not eaten already I woulda went over there & got that bomb a.ss chicken sammich!
I didnt know you can get egg on it tho.

*subscribes
 5 years ago '11        #20
mexcellente86 
space
space
$802 | Props total: 281 281
 TiestoFriendly said:
co-sign.

I fu*kin' love that chicken sandwich with the waffle fries and a large hi-c fruit punch!

And some polynesian sauce!

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
31 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
282 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
72 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
52 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
44 comments
23 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
206 comments
18 hours ago