Nas - Life is Good REVIEW [The Needle Drop]

most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
59 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #101
Dee352 170 heat pts170
space
space
$10,734 | Props total: 604 604
 Ghost Writer said:
If you weren't so dense, you'd realize I agree with that this f*ggot has no business reviewing a NAS album.

However, my problem with you is your derogatory use of the term "outsider". It is clear you are using the term as a generalization for all white people (if that's the case just say "white people"). When in reality, it is completely possible for someone of white skin to not be an outsider.

Your constant use of such generalizations makes you out to be extremely ignorant and clearly bitter.

your arguing with a guy who thinks ross is better then biggie
 5 years ago '11        #102
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,808 | Props total: 1192 1192
 Dee352 said:
your arguing with a guy who thinks ross is better then biggie
Talking about Outsiders when only an Outsider would say some stupid sh*t like that.
 5 years ago '11        #103
SugaHillRomello 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$858 | Props total: 0 0
 Ghost Writer said:
If you weren't so dense, you'd realize I agree with that this f*ggot has no business reviewing a NAS album.

However, my problem with you is your derogatory use of the term "outsider". It is clear you are using the term as a generalization for all white people (if that's the case just say "white people"). When in reality, it is completely possible for someone of white skin to not be an outsider.

Your constant use of such generalizations makes you out to be extremely ignorant and clearly bitter.
Attach whatever definition u want to the word outsider. All i know is this guy has no business reviewing this album, and its more than obvious why. Its not shocking that so many of u in here defend him, im sure he looks just like most of u who post here
 5 years ago '11        #104
case sensitive 
space
space
$3,607 | Props total: 321 321

[pic - click to view]

Say what you waaant, chico. We fu*k with Nasir mayne.
 5 years ago '07        #105
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 Ednyce said:
lemme guess, hes not because hes white right ???

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #106
knowlege bass 
space
space
$3,220 | Props total: 563 563
He is entitled to his opinion and doesnt have to like this album as I am sure many people will not. However he loses credibility by making some statements that seem to show his lack of overall knowledge of the artist. For example when he is talking about "Daughters", he doesnt realize that what Nas is talking about were real incidents with his own daughter. Again he doesnt have to feel the song, but he should know Nas didnt purposely write a "sit com script", the sh*t really happened.
Review overall comes off as very condescending especially for someone who cant write a rhyme themselves to say that Nas is not a very good rapper. It really comes through that it seems like he has some issue with Nas in general, I am not a regular watcher of his reviews, but on his deadendhiphop appearances he seemed like a relatively intelligent dude, guess not.
 07-18-2012, 08:02 PM         #107
Francis Schilke 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SugaHillRomello said:
Attach whatever definition u want to the word outsider. All i know is this guy has no business reviewing this album, and its more than obvious why. Its not shocking that so many of u in here defend him, im sure he looks just like most of u who post here
i like how if somebody doesnt like the artist u like, they white.

i also like how u ignored my comment with the 2 vids of black men sh*ttin on the Nas album.

are they OUTSIDERS too cuz they didnt like it? aint attackin u, just wanna clarify
 5 years ago '08        #108
BRonin357 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,876 | Props total: 1154 1154
He's pretty spot on without being too emotionally attached. I will say he does come off abit know-it-all-ish. Not a bad review at all tho.
 07-18-2012, 10:30 PM         #109
Prophecy_projet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Again people, the album is getting good reviews everywhere.

Why does this review get more talk than XXL giving the album a XXL?
 5 years ago '06        #110
Menelek 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,196 | Props total: 269 269
 Left Hook said:
To each his own

I used to write for them, but rarely anymore these days. The signature's been around for a while, so yeah. I used to write for a lot of publications, but now all I do is argue on Boxden

I loved Distant Relatives, but I loved Untitled more (which, I think is the closest thing Nas has done to groundbreaking since Illmatic). That's an opinion almost no one will agree with, though, but that's understandable. He had cuts in Untitled that were subpar - like Make The World Go Round and Hero - unnecessary to the album's themes. I loved it, though.

Life Is Good is cut from a different cloth to DR and Untitled; it almost has no thematic arc throughout the album and focuses on the bygone days of Nas' grimey NYC roots. I wish he capitalised off this more. More beats like Loco-Motive, A Queens Story, The Don and nasty would have been welcomed. Though I loved World's An Addiction, Stay and No Introduction as well, other numbers like Summer On Smash, the predictable Cherry Wine and needless You Wouldn't Understand let the overall product down.

Nas doesn't step a foot in any direction - that's my main problem. Is he personal? Daughters and Bye Baby showed a glimmer of that. Is he a lyricist flexing his talent? Loco-Motive, No Introduction and World's An Addiction showed that. But because of this jack of all trades approach, the album ultimately doesn't say anything with vigour and conviction.

But that's just my opinion. I might be missing something here. I hope I am, because I really wanted to crown this his modern day classic.

Valid Points. Im also a Fan of Untitled and Yes Hero and the World Goes round were unnecessary.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
42 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
169 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now