Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
113 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
101 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
52 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #81
Donny D 12 heat pts12
space
space
$1,178 | Props total: 17 17
Nas is my favorite rapper PERIOD, but i'm not really feeling this album that much either. I played it around 3 to 4 times already and im not getting that felling of listening to a classic that some of ya are getting.

This review is pretty insulting to nas though. I agree with some of his sentiments but this dude said that daughters didn't hit home, and tries to bring up his mainstream singles as validation of him not making good songs or deep introspective songs post-Illmatic
 5 years ago '04        #82
NAKHI ALLAH 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,231 | Props total: 1095 1095
 Eagles All Day said:
Besides summer on splash album is heat rocks

real talk
 5 years ago '04        #83
muzikhead 
space
space
$1,319 | Props total: 1 1
Nas normally pulls me in with the first couple of songs on his albums. That was not the case this time. Gonna give it a listen in it's entirety pretty soon. Honestly I feel disappointed so far.
 5 years ago '04        #84
mac58 153 heat pts153
space
space
$6,604 | Props total: 10170 10170
im not crazy impressed with the album. . big nas fan and was expecting more . .I like no introduction and nasty but thats all thats been getting re spins. . trust is kinda nice as well

i have a long flight to take so im gonna give it a real listen but after first few listens im kinda bored by it. . .he coulda just wrote kelis a note instead of making 6 songs to her. .

and yeah i def would like to punch the reviewer just cause of his fat face . .
 5 years ago '09        #85
Nx41fe 1 heat pts
space
space
$629 | Props total: 3 3
Dude should stick to reviewing other genres and leave hip-hop alone, even tho i'm not really a BIG fan of the album myself.
 5 years ago '07        #86
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
 PowerBar Ernie said:
He sh*tted on Life is Good...

Still remember how he sh*tted on Stone Immaculate

I respect his honesty
 5 years ago '05        #87
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1694 1694
 Dangerously said:
I don't agree at all. But respect.
To each his own

Bob Sacamano said:
I think that's more or less accurate.

You work for hiphopdx? Figures, love that site. Been registered for years.

Although in my opinion Distant Relatives was close to ground breaking, it was just that good and it did renovate the hip-hop/reggae sub-genre.
I used to write for them, but rarely anymore these days. The signature's been around for a while, so yeah. I used to write for a lot of publications, but now all I do is argue on Boxden

I loved Distant Relatives, but I loved Untitled more (which, I think is the closest thing Nas has done to groundbreaking since Illmatic). That's an opinion almost no one will agree with, though, but that's understandable. He had cuts in Untitled that were subpar - like Make The World Go Round and Hero - unnecessary to the album's themes. I loved it, though.

Life Is Good is cut from a different cloth to DR and Untitled; it almost has no thematic arc throughout the album and focuses on the bygone days of Nas' grimey NYC roots. I wish he capitalised off this more. More beats like Loco-Motive, A Queens Story, The Don and nasty would have been welcomed. Though I loved World's An Addiction, Stay and No Introduction as well, other numbers like Summer On Smash, the predictable Cherry Wine and needless You Wouldn't Understand let the overall product down.

Nas doesn't step a foot in any direction - that's my main problem. Is he personal? Daughters and Bye Baby showed a glimmer of that. Is he a lyricist flexing his talent? Loco-Motive, No Introduction and World's An Addiction showed that. But because of this jack of all trades approach, the album ultimately doesn't say anything with vigour and conviction.

But that's just my opinion. I might be missing something here. I hope I am, because I really wanted to crown this his modern day classic.

Last edited by Left Hook; 07-18-2012 at 09:34 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #88
omniscience 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$803 | Props total: 177 177
 ballergenetics said:
Ross IS better than Big. Wouldn't expect a outsider such as yourself to understand though...

I've fu*kin seen it all on BX..
 5 years ago '09        #89
Nx41fe 1 heat pts
space
space
$629 | Props total: 3 3
I don't understand why some of y'all are that upset, It's just a review.
 5 years ago '05        #90
Young OG 164 heat pts164
space
space
$18,247 | Props total: 13760 13760
This n*gga clearly doesn't know what the fu*k he is talking about. he is correct he is a music NERD.. He's is not even the demographic that some of the music he reviews is marketed towards.. It's like if a cat reviewed food.. of course you don't like it f*ggot go listen to some fu*king bob dylan.
 5 years ago '04        #91
Young Professa 11 heat pts11
space
space
$15,197 | Props total: 5482 5482
he said nas began to use themes of drugs and excessive violence in his lyrics AFTER illmatic, which turned off most of his fans.....

was this n*gga REALLY listening to illmatic? because he would've heard nas introduce those themes in his lyrics from day ONE
 5 years ago '12        #92
Pleasure Boy 1256 heat pts1256
space
space
$10,008 | Props total: 4956 4956
i personally think reviews should come from the consumer not one person, coz than you get results based on majority and not someone whos a fan or whos salty, so in my opinion fucck anyone's review... no one decides on what or who i should listen to
 07-18-2012, 10:43 AM         #93
Prophecy_projet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its getting a lot of good reviews though
 5 years ago '04        #94
KidKingGoD 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,090 | Props total: 614 614
if yALL dont see this idiots strategy of dissing good albums for youtube views I don't know what to tell you.
 5 years ago '04        #95
Real 2 heat pts
space
space
$391 | Props total: 0 0
 KidKingGoD said:
if yALL dont see this idiots strategy of dissing good albums for youtube views I don't know what to tell you.
 5 years ago '08        #96
thefireisreal 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$107 | Props total: 32 32
 illMattie said:
fu*k this review...in 2012 we still comparing Nas' albums to illmatic?

these hipsters k!ll me, nitpicking over minor sh*t
 5 years ago '06        #97
NYC-Banga 107 heat pts107
space
space
$13,525 | Props total: 3467 3467
i agree with some of what he's saying....i love accident murderer, but ross just totally was off topic...if ross woulda rapped from the aspect of the shooter and why he did or how he felt about shooting the wrong person woulda been so much better.
 5 years ago '11        #98
SugaHillRomello 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$858 | Props total: 0 0
 AuthenticMade said:
Wrong. The enviroment Game, Jeezy, Ross, Eazy E, Cube, and so many others grew up in and represent are very similar to the enviroment we come from. He aint from the same background

You'll never catch me trying to tell him how to make it in suburban middle class America though. If n*ggas ever started trying to do that, you white kids would have a fit and your republican mothers/fathers would sh*t a brick.

The outsiders can't comprehend that. Imagine if a brother who looked like Wacka Flocka tried to review Adele's album. These honkies would throw a fit
 5 years ago '11        #99
SugaHillRomello 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$858 | Props total: 0 0
 Ghost Writer said:
Shut the fu*k up with your "outsider" sh*t.

BTW, Adele has a HUGE black following so I don't see your point.
The point is u outsiders love to overstep cultural boundaries but will trip if someone does the same to u. The outsider who did this "review" is not apart of this culture so his words lack credibility.

What he is, is not in the recipe of who i am.......im sure many a Nas fan would agree with that sentiment after hearing this dude "try" to review an album that wasn't made for ppl like him.

Cultural differences do affect the way music is perceived. If you're OUTSIDE the culture of a musical composition then u have no business trying to critique it.

Last edited by SugaHillRomello; 07-18-2012 at 02:25 PM..
 07-18-2012, 02:32 PM         #100
Ednyce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Moony Jackson said:
this guy calls himself a hip hop critic? foh
lemme guess, hes not because hes white right ???
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
81 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
83 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
85 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
29 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
278 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy