3 Kings - Official Artwork - Rick Ross Ft Jay Z and Dr. Dre

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
95 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
123 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
94 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
282 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-17-2012, 05:17 PM         #101
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fresh Whyte said:
....So You Saying Curren$y and Big KRIT Is On The Same Level As Rick Ross When It Comes To Mainstream & Buzz?

No, I'm saying that bloggers fascination and fixation with Ross record sales is unusual.

I look at the Tracklisting for GFID and see Wale, Meek, Stalley & Omarion who are all MMG artists and realize that if the album only sells 5 copies it serves as a vehicle to give these up & coming artists some shine.

If these other rappers want to build a bigger buzz then they need to hustle harder KRIT & Curren$y could have gone platinum if they built their buzz properly right?
 07-17-2012, 05:20 PM         #102
Michael_Moore 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kukkudo said:
It means he about to flop
 5 years ago '04        #103
whiskey787 15 heat pts15
space
space
$11,148 | Props total: 5 5
 Graftedgenes said:
Nicki just did 250K first week this year & Ross last album Teflon Don did 175K first week in 2009 and is sitting at 725K.

If Ross does 200K first week it will be the 2nd biggest week of 2012 with Self Made Vol 2 at #3 with 100K first week.

I don't see 200K as an L, I see it as a 25K upgrade from 2009.

When you make a strategic maneuver to release an anti-radio street-single like
"Hold me Back" as your 3rd official single then it's kinda obvious you ain't trying to crossover to the sales side and the POP charts so regardless what it sells I just want some Hot music and if sales comes with it then it's a bonus.
An actual intelligent reply with valid logical reasoning on a Rick Ross album
 5 years ago '12        #104
44wade 289 heat pts289 OP
space
space
space
$24,132 | Props total: 11401 11401
 Makaveli07 said:
Who produced that track ? i hope dre isn't just a feature on the mic... y'all know something about it ?
JakeOne produced it
 5 years ago '12        #105
daman729 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,467 | Props total: 12995 12995
 44wade said:
I know what you are saying and I dont disagree, but the perception from TeamCTE will be that Ross lost, if he does anything less than what Jeezy did, which I thought was 216, but its really 233k.

Doesnt mattter that record sales are even slower this year than last, and Jeezy dropped right before Xmas, them dudes is gonna go crazy if Ross does less than that.

I thought Ross had a for sure 350k in him, but after seeing Bieber do only 347k, I got Ross down to 250k now.

So even though 200k is an overall W, its still a percieved L.
true. But what the whole "cte" click wont admit is that jeezy only sales cause he has a ton of white fans who buy his music and i know that sh*t for a fact. I went to 2 of his concerts and wont nothing but young white people between 18-25. Went to a ross concert and 85% of the crowd was black. Its been proven over and over again. If the young white demographic isnt on your side in hiphop, there's 90% chance you wont go plat or it will take you longer to reach plat.

The only argument these biased, illogical anti-ross campaigners aka "jeezy's d!ck chokers" can make on this thread are sales. Sales dont mean sh*t. What youre saying is true though. Same sh*t happened with 50cent. All his stans could do was bring up 50's past stats concerning sales, even though we all know ross won and is the better overall artist. Teflon don did better than 50 last album yet his stans would still chant about how GRODT was multi platnium and how ross never went plat.. And Ross is a threat to jeezy. PERIOD!. Thats why jeezy sparked beef with ross then within 24 hrs, ross made a diss record to jeezy and jeezy backed off and even denied dissing ross in the first place. He knew ross would come at him and make him look stupid. All this cause jealous was jealous of that bmf record.

Regardless of sales, Ross is the better overall artist. These little anti ross debaters know ross is threat and they know that album will hit hard and take ross on another level. I mean come on, if these dudes truly thought ross was going to fail, they wouldn't be coming to multiple threads concerning him just to post negative sh*t. Its pathetic and quite comical at the same time.

Even if ross does less number than jeezy, it still dont change he fact that ross is the better overall artist. Better lyricism, more colabs, better beat selection, consistency and better promotional skills.

Ross has made it clear that hes not crossing his music over, yet still he manages to make Forbes, do decent numbers, have tons of producers begging to work with him and still keep a buzz in which hes had since 2009/2010.

Last edited by daman729; 07-17-2012 at 06:23 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #106
space
space
space
 daman729 said:
true. But what the whole "cte" click wont admit is that jeezy only sales cause he has a ton of white fans who buy his music and i know that sh*t for a fact. I went to 2 of his concerts and wont nothing but young white people between 18-25. Went to a ross concert and 85% of the crowd was black. Its been proven over and over again. If the young white demographic isnt on your side in hiphop, there's 90% chance you wont go plat or it will take you longer to reach plat.

The only argument these biased, illogical anti-ross campaigners aka "jeezy's d!ck chokers" can make on this thread are sales. Sales dont mean sh*t. What youre saying is true though. Same sh*t happened with 50cent. All his stans could do was bring up 50's past stats concerning sales, even though we all know ross won and is the better overall artist. Teflon don did better than 50 last album yet his stans would still chant about how GRODT was multi platnium and how ross never went plat.. And Ross is a threat to jeezy. PERIOD!. Thats why jeezy sparked beef with ross then within 24 hrs, ross made a diss record to jeezy and jeezy backed off and even denied dissing ross in the first place. He knew ross would come at him and make him look stupid. All this cause jealous was jealous of that bmf record.

Regardless of sales, Ross is the better overall artist. These little anti ross debaters know ross is threat and they know that album will hit hard and take ross on another level. I mean come on, if these dudes truly thought ross was going to fail, they wouldn't be coming to multiple threads concerning him just to post negative sh*t. Its pathetic and quite comical at the same time.

Even if ross does less number than jeezy, it still dont change he fact that ross is the better overall artist. Better lyricism, more colabs, better beat selection, consistency and better promotional skills.

Ross has made it clear that hes not crossing his music over, yet still he manages to make Forbes, do decent numbers, have tons of producers begging to work with him and still keep a buzz in which hes had since 2009/2010.
I still think Ross tops 233K though. The dudes music is too solid, and he has had two years to make this album, so you know its gonna sound like how he wants it to sound.
 5 years ago '12        #107
daman729 27 heat pts27
space
space
 44wade said:
I still think Ross tops 233K though. The dudes music is too solid, and he has had two years to make this album, so you know its gonna sound like how he wants it to sound.
yep. I agree. Dude got some of the most solid music. Hell, even his mixtapes are album material. With the fanbase hes gained and promo he has, he should get over 233k first week.I think this album gonna be a combination of Deeper than Rap and Teflon Don. Youre right though. If ross has a long time to make an album, that sh*t gonna be top notch. Ive known since that deeper than rap album that ross got potential.
 5 years ago '10        #108
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,867 | Props total: 13662 13662
any one of yall worked for the law before?
A lot of titangraphs and off topic hurt feelings in here.
 5 years ago '11        #109
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,815 | Props total: 1212 1212
 Graftedgenes said:
No, I'm saying that bloggers fascination and fixation with Ross record sales is unusual.

I look at the Tracklisting for GFID and see Wale, Meek, Stalley & Omarion who are all MMG artists and realize that if the album only sells 5 copies it serves as a vehicle to give these up & coming artists some shine.

If these other rappers want to build a bigger buzz then they need to hustle harder KRIT & Curren$y could have gone platinum if they built their buzz properly right?
Curren$y is probably the hardest working rapper in the game that constantly releases quality music.

Ross doesn't release half the music Curren$y releases in a year.
 5 years ago '04        #110
gunit4life 
space
space
$2,110 | Props total: 0 0
hahahah it was all good 2 yrs ago......

u fu*k boys jump to the next ship all the time
 07-17-2012, 08:06 PM         #111
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 norcal925 said:
Curren$y is probably the hardest working rapper in the game that constantly releases quality music.

When Currensy becomes a CEO with 20+ rappers & singers signed to his label then come back and holler at me.

Get a Film division and a Latin division with another 10 employees.

Executive-produce 3 retail albums between 2011-2012 with a 4th dropping in two weeks.

It should be easy to be a hardworking rapper when you ain't got nothing else on your plate, try that ish while running a successful label of employees.
 07-17-2012, 08:30 PM         #112
GOD999 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Doubtfull a.ss fu*k-n*ggas in here
 07-17-2012, 08:37 PM         #113
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ross is done........lyrically he just not hungry any more......and I use lyrically very very loosely
 07-17-2012, 09:25 PM         #114
Walkerboy86 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm pretty sure ur favorite rapper has all the lyricism that ur trying to hear if Ross doesn't.
 5 years ago '06        #115
budap06 
space
space
space
$408 | Props total: 11 11
Lets be honest, with how he makes himself seem like he's a major player in the game, he shouldn't do anything less than 250K. And thats being pretty generous, but imagine if Kanye, Jay, Eminem, Wayne, or Drake did less than 250. Everyone would say they flopped. If he doesnt sell more than Jeezy, that has to be looked at as an L for him.... Will be Bumping it anyway though
 5 years ago '11        #116
SugaHillRomello 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$858 | Props total: 0 0
 Walkerboy86 said:
I'm pretty sure ur favorite rapper has all the lyricism that ur trying to hear if Ross doesn't.
This.

I dont get why they cant just stay outta Ross threads if they dont like him. The relationship between the internet fan and Ross is just beyond weird. Its almost like they're programmed to type the same responses over and over again.
 5 years ago '11        #117
keejee 131 heat pts131
space
space
$9,191 | Props total: 24 24
 norcal925 said:

Graftedgenes said:
When Currensy becomes a CEO with 20+ rappers & singers signed to his label then come back and holler at me.

Executive-produce 3 retail albums between 2011-2012 with a 4th dropping in two weeks.

It should be easy to be a hardworking rapper when you ain't got nothing else on your plate, try that ish while running a successful label of employees.
damn.
 5 years ago '12        #118
space
space
space
 5 years ago '12        #119
space
space
space
 daman729 said:
yep. I agree. Dude got some of the most solid music. Hell, even his mixtapes are album material. With the fanbase hes gained and promo he has, he should get over 233k first week.I think this album gonna be a combination of Deeper than Rap and Teflon Don. Youre right though. If ross has a long time to make an album, that sh*t gonna be top notch. Ive known since that deeper than rap album that ross got potential.
Like I was saying to someone else, All Birds is arguably the hardest song out right now.

If he let that sh*t go, and dropped all the sh*t he did on RF, and the other sh*t since TD that was fire?

Imagine what the fu*k he saved for GFID?
 5 years ago '12        #120
daman729 27 heat pts27
space
space
 norcal925 said:

Graftedgenes said:

lmao dam!!!!! true sh*t.

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by daman729; 07-17-2012 at 10:30 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
98 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy