TDKR: Tom Hardy explains Bane's Accent

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
242 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '09        #1
8002 pageviews
28 comments

bigscore 1632 heat pts1632
space
space
$12,832 | Props total: 17941 17941
TDKR: Tom Hardy explains Bane's Accent

TDKR: Tom Hardy Reveals That Bane's Accent Is Based On "The King of the Gypsies"

Talking to The Hollywood Reporter, Tom Hardy has finally revealed where his inspiration for Bane's accent in The Dark Knight Rises came from. For those of you who may not know, Bartley Gorman (1944 - 2002) was an Irish Traveller who was the undefeated Bare-knuckle boxing champion of the United Kingdom and Ireland, often referred to as the, "King of the Gypsies". He tells the site, "The choice of the accent is actually a man called Bartley Gorman, who was a bare knuckle f!ghter. A Romani gypsy. Which I wanted to underpin the Latin, but a Romani Latin opposed to Latino. His particular accent is very specific, which was a gypsy accent. So that's why it was difficult to understand. But once you tune into it, you get it. I hope." Make sure to watch the interview for more of Hardy's thoughts on his role in Christopher Nolan's highly anticipated finale to his Batman franchise.

[pic - click to view]

The Latest Entertainment & Hollywood News - The Hollywood Reporter

28 comments for "TDKR: Tom Hardy explains Bane's Accent"

5 years ago '10        #2
Spartan 119 25 heat pts25
space
space
$3,719 | Props total: 1230 1230

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #3
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 135 135
damn i never paid attention..this n*gga is bane..he got huge as fu*k for the film then
 5 years ago '10        #4
Delbert Mengel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$20,552 | Props total: 199 199
some guy was in the pub a month or two back claiming to be king of the gypsies and trying to pay for his pints with travellers cheques
 5 years ago '06        #5
kyh0mpb 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,011 | Props total: 4 4
 brazidee said:
Hollywood whitewashed yet another movie character...what a surprise

Next will be "The Last n*gga On Earth" starring Tom Cruise

Yea I'm not sure where Hardy is going with that, since Bane is latino...fu*k it though I'm still pumped
 5 years ago '04        #6
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,078 | Props total: 4425 4425
 monyemoney said:
But bane is a regular latino not romani...they never cast correctly..im doubtin hardy till i see the film n he proves me wrong
i remember someone tried to say on boxden that he was white brazilian or some sh*t like that and i hit em with the

i just find it funny people love to say characters have to stay the same race unless they changing the to a white guy
 07-17-2012, 09:35 PM         #7
endless lies 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 monyemoney said:
But bane is a regular latino not romani...they never cast correctly..im doubtin hardy till i see the film n he proves me wrong
Exactly.

Jason Momoa isn't Latino or anything but they should've definitely gone with him instead. At least get someone who IS big and buff. Tom Hardy is 5'9" 196lbs.... Bane is 6'8" 300+ lbs.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #8
Soprano ATL 43 heat pts43
space
space
$9,331 | Props total: 206 206
 brazidee said:

They already miscast Cruise once this year, his 5-4 140 lb a.ss is playing 6-4 250 lb Jack Reacher in Jack Reacher, the main character in one of the greatest fiction novel series of all time.
 5 years ago '06        #9
kyh0mpb 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,011 | Props total: 4 4
 utdpridah said:
They already miscast Cruise once this year, his 5-4 140 lb a.ss is playing 6-4 250 lb Jack Reacher in Jack Reacher, the main character in one of the greatest fiction novel series of all time.
Never heard of em, may have to check this series out.
 07-17-2012, 11:22 PM         #10
Dedface 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 utdpridah said:
Half of what made Reacher so badass was his size. fu*k Tom Cruise bi*ch a.ss.
 5 years ago '09        #11
circleofpurple 58 heat pts58
space
space
$7,911 | Props total: 14033 14033
 endless lies said:
Exactly.

Jason Momoa isn't Latino or anything but they should've definitely gone with him instead. At least get someone who IS big and buff. Tom Hardy is 5'9" 196lbs.... Bane is 6'8" 300+ lbs.

[pic - click to view]

That's my one problem in with this movie. Bane is supposed to be huge. Bigger than batman not smaller. Bale is taller and weighs more. I'm not saying he needed to be like batman and robin bane, but much bigger than hardy.

No homo but has anyone seen Bronson? Hardy has a tiny d!ck, I'm gonna be watching tdkr thinking to myself "no wonder banes so angry, his d!ck is tiny. This is all a case of p*nis envy."

Last edited by circleofpurple; 07-17-2012 at 11:31 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #12
JaYelL 31 heat pts31
space
space
$6,906 | Props total: 2727 2727
Bane as a regular scientist is small but when he injects the venom he gets bigger. Who's to say they don't actually follow this format in the movie
 5 years ago '04        #13
PurpleHaze217 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 6 6
 Heisenberg said:

[pic - click to view]

we coming for that top gross Joss
 5 years ago '05        #14
Soprano ATL 43 heat pts43
space
space
$9,331 | Props total: 206 206
 kyh0mpb said:
Never heard of em, may have to check this series out.
Dude, you gotta check the series out. Lee Child wrote the series, and it's still on going. Start at the beginning, sh*t is bad a.ss.
 07-18-2012, 02:24 AM         #15
JohnDoe B1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 endless lies said:
Exactly.

[pic - click to view]

07-18-2012, 04:35 AM         #16
endless lies 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JaYelL said:
Bane as a regular scientist is small but when he injects the venom he gets bigger. Who's to say they don't actually follow this format in the movie
Not really. Bane was always massive. The venom just made him even more huge.

Even after he had been off venom for years he was still mad brolic.
 5 years ago '06        #17
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,531 | Props total: 6772 6772
 brazidee said:

5 years ago '05        #18
cowlersleycowle 
space
space
space
$2,206 | Props total: 468 468
 DelbertMengel said:
some guy was in the pub a month or two back claiming to be king of the gypsies and trying to pay for his pints with travellers cheques
boooooom
 07-18-2012, 10:20 AM         #19
Ed Bundy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im sure tom hardy will knock this role out the park...his acting will surely be top notch

but i just cant get over the fact that it seems like nolan just casted one of his homeboys for the role instead of searching hollywood for an actor that would suit the role MUCH better...dont ask me to list names because im not in the movie casting business, but im almost positive theres ATLEAST ONE high quality actor out there whos actually 6'2+ and over 200lbs that couldve looked mad brolic.

nolan is friends with all these guys in his personal life and thats why he keeps giving them these roles. joseph gordon leverett, tom hardy, christian bale.. hes worked with them all before on different movies like inception, the prestige, etc.

aside from the 1 or 2 oddball castings that hes done for dark knight and dark knight rises (heath ledger, anne hathaway), he keeps pretty much the same cast in all his movies. i heard he even keeps the same lighting crews, make up crews, etc.

its a bit worrisome because you cant help but wonder if he would have put his personal friendship aside and actually casted the BEST person possible, would the movie have been better?

like i said, tom hardy will surely knock it out the park, his dialogue seems to be sick and i still cant wait to see this, but bottom line is tom hardy is NOT big enough to be BANE.
 5 years ago '04        #20
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,410 | Props total: 3467 3467

[video - click to view]

I gotta admit, I pre'd in my pants when I first heard Bane say this

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
147 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
77 comments
2 days ago