J.R. Smith thinks that Lin's contract would cause problems in the Knicks locker room

most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
84 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
67 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
47 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-16-2012, 08:02 AM         #61
YOUNGZERO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lol the knicks love losing.
 5 years ago '11        #62
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
space
$42,211 | Props total: 17613 17613
 Piccolo said:
lol i dont think he cares about novak deal. Stop making this about Jr smith. You clowns are attacking the wrong guy. Always hating the messenger cause he spittin that real..
real? n*gga please. If JR was smart he'd realize their situations were way different. I don't know why he came back for for so little, all we had was exception money for him because of contract that had nothing to do with him. We are in over the Cap because of our three stars, not lin. as far as now his highest salary was 600k.

JR must not know about (Early) Bird Rights or the Gibert Arenas provision, but he'll talk to the media without knowing all the facts, and let the world know n*ggas will be salty over something that happens ALL THE TIME.
 5 years ago '11        #63
space
space
 Youngin19 said:
If I was JR Smith, i'd be heated. You mean to tell me dude is gonna make 25% of what Jeremy Lin makes?

Who the fu*k is Jeremy Lin? isn't this the same dude that had 10 turnovers against Rio? Dumb a.ss GMs need to be slapped for the contract they're offering dude
JR is getting less because of Melo/Tyson/Amare contracts are forcing him to sign on exception money. Lin is getting more because of his Early Bird Rights that every 2 yr veteran has. JR had to know that when he came here the first time. Does he not have an agent who he can speak to?
 07-16-2012, 08:20 AM         #64
S E L F 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
By some guys, he means "I take it personal".

But he is right tho. Jeremy Lin just got 25 million off a 3 week stretch.
 5 years ago '10        #65
rdrake 28 heat pts28
space
space
$7,321 | Props total: 421 421
Jr Smith is right....
 5 years ago '07        #66
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6131 6131
Jr mad because he accepted $2.8mil.
 5 years ago '11        #67
space
space
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
Jr mad because he accepted $2.8mil.
exactly. All we had for him, which he has known since he came last yr. But there were other teams that he could have signed with for more, he's not restricted. Yet he's worrying about and Early Bird FA who was going to make more than him regardless. Jealous n*gga b
 5 years ago '11        #68
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
 The N said:
Tell those Jealous dudes to get on TIME magazine and maybe they can get paid like him, help
put the Knicks in a position to get into the playoffs then you can get paid like him, have a community like Lin has behind you aka bring in ticket sales up and maybe ya can get paid like him.
You honestly think he'd be on TIME & have a whole community behind him if he wasnt asian?
 07-16-2012, 09:22 AM         #69
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah but if they let him go, and it turns out that Lin is not all hype.........then the Knicks just let a star player go because of team ego's .........
 5 years ago '05        #70
I Am... 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,208 | Props total: 49 49
yeah, but JR gettin 3 mil while dudes in china gettin 3 mil in chinese currency... so are they jealous too? You're not that good JR!!!
 07-16-2012, 09:43 AM         #71
redacted 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It'll only cause problems every time there's a turnover.

So yeah, it'll cause a lot of problems.
 5 years ago '07        #72
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
JR just mad cause he ain't gettin his slice of the pie. Yeah, JR been playing longer and he still got the basketball IQ of a rock. All he know how to do is dribble and shoot the ball. Step your IQ game up and you might get a little more bread fool!
 07-16-2012, 10:17 AM         #73
Shakespeare 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bullseye said:
JR just mad cause he ain't gettin his slice of the pie. Yeah, JR been playing longer and he still got the basketball IQ of a rock. All he know how to do is dribble and shoot the ball. Step your IQ game up and you might get a little more bread fool!
JR Smith can dunk and dunks equals revenue for casual basketball fans
 5 years ago '05        #74
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,734 | Props total: 12555 12555
This is the reason why I'm glad we never got J.R and another reason why the Knicks should move him. Too busy worried about what the next man is making oppose playing basketball.

Again, the shelf life of an NBA player is short. Lin has the opportunity to HAVE HIS OWN TEAM. Why would he pass at that, not like the Knicks gonna win the championship ..Take a discount and not win a ring, where they do that at?
 5 years ago '10        #75
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 S E L F said:
By some guys, he means "I take it personal".

But he is right tho. Jeremy Lin just got 25 million off a 3 week stretch.
Based on that 3 weeks, I bet the Knicks made more than 25 mill off him..
 5 years ago '08        #76
ingtoo! 
space
space
$739 | Props total: 2 2
 The N said:
Tell those Jealous dudes to get on TIME magazine and maybe they can get paid like him, help
put the Knicks in a position to get into the playoffs then you can get paid like him, have a community like Lin has behind you aka bring in ticket sales up and maybe ya can get paid like him.
 5 years ago '10        #77
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 HipHop Since 93 said:
You honestly think he'd be on TIME & have a whole community behind him if he wasnt asian?

This whole "because he's asian argument is lame. Of course that had something to do with it. Dude is breaking barriers for Asians and bringing in all types of new fans to the league.

Not to compare the two, but its almost the same as how Jackie Robinson is known for breaking the color barrier in baseball.
 5 years ago '10        #78
dude hustles 
space
space
$544 | Props total: 779 779
None of tall live in ny...

Knicks games BEEN sold out. Melo and amare sellin the arena out check out how much a kinks nosebleed is vs nj nets last year or bobcats, even Philly.

Knicks games been sold out before that...

Come to a footlocker, finish line, fottaction, champs etc. see how much merchandise they still have on clearance, and that has been on clearance the moment his lil 8 game stretch was over. Mad linsanity sh*t Ty can't get rid off. The hype was short he proved e was a fluke last season. He was a product of dantonis system, so unless he goes where dantoni goes then he will continue to be a.ss.

This is my we don give a fu*k about a chinaman or none of that sh*t. And these fu*kin knicks and jets better step they fu*kin games up quick all ny respects is a winner... And spike. That's the reason a lot Of athletes don't wanna play here or can't make it here. It's a high pressure society.
 5 years ago '05        #79
MemphBleek05 47 heat pts47
space
space
$10,229 | Props total: 8796 8796
I swear the internet is fickle......JR has an absolutely valid point....
 5 years ago '07        #80
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,378 | Props total: 13033 13033
 Youngin19 said:
If I was JR Smith, i'd be heated. You mean to tell me dude is gonna make 25% of what Jeremy Lin makes?

Who the fu*k is Jeremy Lin? isn't this the same dude that had 10 turnovers against Rio? Dumb a.ss GMs need to be slapped for the contract they're offering dude
it's more about the revenue he'll bring from the asian market than it is his actual on court ability. houston knows that better than anybody after having yao.
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
35 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
71 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
288 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
95 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
93 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
129 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
242 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy