J.R. Smith thinks that Lin's contract would cause problems in the Knicks locker room

most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
130 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
37 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
45 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #41
alkoholyck 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,099 | Props total: 41 41
 Jaymalls said:
^Me too... JR smith put in more work last season than Lin and he agreed on a 2.8 mill contract! Chandler won a chip and anchored our team last season and Lin would be getting payed like him

Lin played less than 40 games as a knick and less than 60 games as an NBA player overall, which is a smack in the face to players like Melo and Amare who actually put in work numerous years to get the contracts they have!

Lin's contract will be based off all hype, merchandise and ticket sales! At the end of the day, if it doesn't translate to he court that extra glitzy sh*t doesn't mean sh*t in the locker room!
Stopped reading after 'JR Smith put in more work than Lin'.

fu*k I hope Lin balls the fu*k out in Houston. The amount of fu*king absurd money the Knicks have thrown around in the last decade, and they're gonna pass on paying Lin an amount that isn't even that ridiculous, when regardless of how he performs on the court his hype is valuable as sh*t for the team.

His contract isn't even that bad! At worst he becomes a $15 million expiring contract in his final year, which has value in itself, while only paying him $8 mill each of the next two years, which if he plays on par with last season is definitely worth it, without even going into the fact that he was worth more to this team marketing wise than Melo and Amare combined.
 07-16-2012, 01:05 AM         #42
cheguevara 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The N said:
Tell those Jealous dudes to get on TIME magazine and maybe they can get paid like him, help
put the Knicks in a position to get into the playoffs then you can get paid like him, have a community like Lin has behind you aka bring in ticket sales up and maybe ya can get paid like him.
they arent Asians. Lin has done what many other black PG's has been doing year end and year out, and still isnt close to being a top PG in the league... but because Lin is Asian....

5 years ago '05        #43
alkoholyck 2 heat pts
space
space
 lifesabeach said:
at people defending Lin

he didn't do sh*t--Knicks still would've gotten slapped in the first round with him

Rockets just signed a less-than-mid-tier talent to a big contract, so be thankful. Knicks been taking so many L's they don't want other teams to get them as well.
The Knicks were staring at the lottery midway through the season. No one would've given them a chance at making the playoffs at one point last year, and then Lin went on an amazing stretch and actually made Knicks fans happy.

fu*k it, I hope Miami gets Knicks first round again next year so we can slap them around again, and contribute further to Melo having the worst playoff record in the history of the NBA. And I hope the Rockets go to the second round.
 5 years ago '05        #44
alkoholyck 2 heat pts
space
space
 cheguevara said:
they arent Asians. Lin has done what many other black PG's has been doing year end and year out, and still isnt close to being a top PG in the league... but because Lin is Asian....

It doesn't matter what the reason is. All that matters is he's valuable. And not that many point guards have done what he's done after having zero hype, and suddenly having to lead the team.
 5 years ago '11        #45
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
space
$42,256 | Props total: 17692 17692
 cheguevara said:

look, forget ticket sales, he's not a knicks fan.

At worst, he only make 5 the first 2. Worse players get traded every day. ppl mean to tell me that if he doesnt work out in his two years being paid 5 mill, then we cant trade him before he reaches 15? I'm totally fine with him getting traded after 2 if he doesnt make it. 162 games is a much bigger sample size to tell if he's improved or not. Question is, if you had someone that you could get some others for (or money or picke) for by trading, why would you let them walk for free? Is that smart?
 5 years ago '10        #46
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
your an fu*king idiot sh*t has nothing to do with jealous lin has not proven anything to give him damn near 14 mill a year that heavy weight money . If u was a player like JR who been legit your whole career and u took a pay cut only getting 2.8 and u see Lin with fu*king 14 mill how would u feel. sh*t is base off pure hype how he went from almost cut to fu*king 14 mill per yet cmon fam

[pic - click to view]

07-16-2012, 01:56 AM         #47
Piccolo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 X_WunderKind_X said:
JR do you realize why we are paying you exception money? because we have no more. Novak is getting more than you because of a CBA ruling. Lin will also, has nothing to do with you. Everybody else that matters is paid beyond belief. If you wanted more, you should have fielded offers yourself. You came back for less money, that's fine, but don't worry about someone else's situation when you don't realize the reasons for it

lol i dont think he cares about novak deal. Stop making this about Jr smith. You clowns are attacking the wrong guy. Always hating the messenger cause he spittin that real..
 07-16-2012, 01:57 AM         #48
Cipherr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DEDOS said:
a bunch of Divas over there in that new york Locker Room

female traits
Wow, this right here. bi*ch n*ggas gonna start locker room drama over someone elses money? How about these n*ggas win a playoff series before they go bi*ching bout someone else getting money. Female traits galore man.
 07-16-2012, 01:59 AM         #49
Piccolo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:

Knicks management knows they aint winning no championship soon, so it then becomes about getting people in the stands and selling that merchandise.

NOBODY on that team has proven to be more effective at that than Lin. Dude deserves it.

Aint nobody ever say "gee, I wanna go see the Knicks. I GOTTA see JR Smith in action". Nobody. Get real here.

NY locker room filled with Jealous divas
He got on TIME magazine for his background...not his play. If knicks managment really thought Lin would have such an impact dont you think he would have been signed by now? Would Lin even sign that offer sheet? THis is a guy getting a big contract for half a season worth of play. Yes this will be a topic among some nba VETS.

likei said stop k!lling the messenger cause you dont like the message. I wish some ol niccas like Billups would say something..nah yall would say hes bitter.
 07-16-2012, 02:02 AM         #50
Minister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
a lot of your mothers neglected you and let you play with too many tamagachi and pokemon cards

your brain is shot dead
 07-16-2012, 02:02 AM         #51
luker1920 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Black people getting mad
 07-16-2012, 02:22 AM         #52
godsonsince82 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
F*ck LIN, felton is gonna put in work!!!!!
 07-16-2012, 02:55 AM         #53
Piccolo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 luker1920 said:
Black people getting mad
The majority of this site is white. Which is why you got clowns attacking JR cause of his perceived image.
 5 years ago '04        #54
dogmanx23 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,666 | Props total: 328 328
If any of these players have a problem with what Lin is going to make then they are straight up bi*ches.

Yeah lets not bring back Lin who's a young talent with potential because it'll hurt some players feeling. Give me a break..
 07-16-2012, 03:19 AM         #55
Tagalog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Linsanity get ur paper
 5 years ago '11        #56
Sinamatik CFR 6 heat pts
space
space
$10,371 | Props total: 7808 7808
Linsanity was a pipe dream... I don't see him coming close to that level of play no time soon, he already been exposed as very average once teams decided to defend him seriously... he's nothing but a marketing a.sset to push the leagues international agenda... are you n*ggas serious??? Jr and Melo have valid points and seems to be speaking what the rest of the team wont!
 5 years ago '07        #57
Jeet Kune Do 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,072 | Props total: 1843 1843
JR mad lol, his bum a.ss
 5 years ago '06        #58
Johnny Tapwater 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,554 | Props total: 2678 2678
JR. Smith is only speaking for himself...

...THATS the n*gga that'll be jealous..
 07-16-2012, 06:31 AM         #59
Youngin19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If I was JR Smith, i'd be heated. You mean to tell me dude is gonna make 25% of what Jeremy Lin makes?

Who the fu*k is Jeremy Lin? isn't this the same dude that had 10 turnovers against Rio? Dumb a.ss GMs need to be slapped for the contract they're offering dude
 5 years ago '05        #60
b_eazy 61 heat pts61
space
space
$17,711 | Props total: 2344 2344
fu*k JR smith and any other knick-ass n*ggas

n*ggas with millions, jealous of other dudes' money.....sh*t is disgusting.

Home      

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
98 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
41 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
63 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
266 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
72 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
173 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
29 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
108 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy