J.R. Smith thinks that Lin's contract would cause problems in the Knicks locker room

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Which MILF You Smashin'...Choose ONE, All Flavors Though!
63 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
OT Kenyan Olympians stuck staying in Rio favela as countr..
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Future CAUGHT ON CAMERA DISSING DIDDY, Called Him a "OLD ASS bi-ch"
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA This Has To Be Annoying As Fxck!
7 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '07        #1
11832 pageviews
131 comments

Avon_Barksdale 3756 heat pts3756
space
space
$33,936 | Props total: 17668 17668
J.R. Smith thinks that Lin's contract would cause problems in the Knicks locker room

As Anthony's comments would suggest, there could be concerns among the Knicks about Lin's contract and how it would be perceived by his teammates as well. Veteran shooting guard J.R. Smith, for example, is a far more established player in the league yet he recently signed a two-year deal that will pay him $2.8 million in the first season and has a player option in the second. In an interview with SI.com on Sunday, Smith spoke as if Lin would not return to New York. The Knicks, however, have not indicated that they made a decision as yet.

"I'm sure the city would love to have him back, but the team decided to go in a different direction," Smith said. "It's nothing personal, I don't think, just business. We just hope everybody can benefit from here.

"I don't really know how Mr. Dolan feels at this point with what the luxury tax is now and what it used to be, but I just hope it works out the best for both of them."

Asked if Lin's contract could cause a challenging dynamic with his teammates, Smith agreed.

"Without a doubt," he said. "I think some guys take it personal, because they've been doing it longer and haven't received any reward for it yet. I think it's a tough subject to touch on for a lot of guys.

The true impact of the league's new collective bargaining agreement won't be known for a few more years, in large part because of the incredibly punitive luxury tax that doesn't kick in until the 2013-14 campaign, but this is the fork in the road that Commissioner David Stern envisioned during those negotiations when he so often preached about parity and increased economic efficiency for all. But as evidenced by Brooklyn's fearless (though futile) pursuit of Howard that came the risk of putting their payroll above $100 million and the fact that New York is still contemplating matching Lin, the fear factor doesn't seem to be kicking in just yet.

Read more:
[pic - click to view]

Silliest of NBA summers continues as Rockets, Knicks battle over Jeremy Lin - Sam Amick - SI.com

131 comments for "J.R. Smith thinks that Lin's contract would cause problems in the Knicks locker room"

4 years ago '07        #2
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
$47,272 | Props total: 1526 1526
this is why I say let him go...nothin good can come out of this
 4 years ago '06        #3
Supreme7 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,589 | Props total: 871 871
I could see jr point he gettin 2.8 dudes like nick young gettin 6..
 4 years ago '08        #4
The N 286 heat pts286
space
space
$38,019 | Props total: 3800 3800
Tell those Jealous dudes to get on TIME magazine and maybe they can get paid like him, help
put the Knicks in a position to get into the playoffs then you can get paid like him, have a community like Lin has behind you aka bring in ticket sales up and maybe ya can get paid like him.

Last edited by The N; 07-15-2012 at 05:34 PM..
 4 years ago '08        #5
Dee Grande 1224 heat pts1224
space
space
$21,767 | Props total: 4587 4587
 Supreme7 said:
I could see jr point he gettin 2.8 dudes like nick young gettin 6..
stupid tax
 4 years ago '06        #6
ChiCity Fingaz 153 heat pts153
space
space
$50,742 | Props total: 7287 7287
JR Smith talking about other people causing trouble in the locker room
 4 years ago '05        #7
TattooedMPsz 37 heat pts37
space
space
$21,498 | Props total: 1687 1687
lin get your paper
 4 years ago '11        #8
Kadillac87 212 heat pts212
space
space
$16,484 | Props total: 686 686
Ppl talking about Lin needs to go back to China. JR is the one that needs to go back
 4 years ago '06        #9
Supreme7 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,589 | Props total: 871 871
I could see jr point he gettin 2.8 dudes like nick young gettin 6.. Jeff green gettin 8.. Fields gettin 6..
 4 years ago '11        #10
Jaymalls 58 heat pts58
space
space
$3,842 | Props total: 56 56
^Me too... JR smith put in more work last season than Lin and he agreed on a 2.8 mill contract! Chandler won a chip and anchored our team last season and Lin would be getting payed like him

Lin played less than 40 games as a knick and less than 60 games as an NBA player overall, which is a smack in the face to players like Melo and Amare who actually put in work numerous years to get the contracts they have!

Lin's contract will be based off all hype, merchandise and ticket sales! At the end of the day, if it doesn't translate to he court that extra glitzy sh*t doesn't mean sh*t in the locker room!
 4 years ago '04        #11
shadymilkman 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$4,494 | Props total: 2 2
this is the reason the knicks blow
 4 years ago '07        #12
theFREAK 2938 heat pts2938
space
space
$44,181 | Props total: 11700 11700
JR makes a valid point........for once.
 07-15-2012, 05:39 PM         #13
Lannister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 4 years ago '07        #14
DaForce13 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,488 | Props total: 170 170
 Jaymalls said:
^Me too... JR smith put in more work last season than Lin and he agreed on a 2.8 mill contract! Chandler won a chip and anchored our team last season and Lin would be getting payed like him

Lin played less than 40 games as a knick and less than 60 games as an NBA player overall, which is a smack in the face to players like Melo and Amare who actually put in work numerous years to get the contracts they have!

Lin's contract will be based off all hype, merchandise and ticket sales! At the end of the day, if it doesn't translate to he court that extra glitzy sh*t doesn't mean sh*t in the locker room!
 4 years ago '11        #15
X_WunderKind_X 901 heat pts901
space
space
$36,840 | Props total: 3304 3304
wow this sh*t is getting ugly
 4 years ago '04        #16
vazquez1085 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,710 | Props total: 21 21
 X_WunderKind_X said:
wow this sh*t is getting ugly
 4 years ago '11        #17
X_WunderKind_X 901 heat pts901
space
space
$36,840 | Props total: 3304 3304
JR do you realize why we are paying you exception money? because we have no more. Novak is getting more than you because of a CBA ruling. Lin will also, has nothing to do with you. Everybody else that matters is paid beyond belief. If you wanted more, you should have fielded offers yourself. You came back for less money, that's fine, but don't worry about someone else's situation when you don't realize the reasons for it
 4 years ago '04        #18
all3rd 665 heat pts665
space
space
$65,942 | Props total: 3463 3463
Texas has no sales Tax mo money for JLIN7
 4 years ago '05        #19
Bea5T 136 heat pts136
space
space
$20,495 | Props total: 54 54
 The N said:
Tell those Jealous dudes to get on TIME magazine and maybe they can get paid like him, help
put the Knicks in a position to get into the playoffs then you can get paid like him, have a community like Lin has behind you aka bring in ticket sales up and maybe ya can get paid like him.

how the fu*k does jeremy lin have stans
 4 years ago '11        #20
King Henry 504 heat pts504
space
space
$39,240 | Props total: 2002 2002
Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick
To be clear, Smith made it clear he does not know the status of the situation. There are plenty of rival execs who still think Knicks match.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Mobb Deep presents #ShookOnesChallenge
79 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Netflix: People freely go to Antartica(Flat Earth Fatality pt 2.0)
45 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Best Girlfriend Ever Proposes To Her Boyfriend With His Dream Bike and..
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside MILF Jessica Alba Got That Hot Pink
62 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Aug 25 - Dr. Drew's show cancelled just days after questioning Hillary's health
53 comments
1 day ago