"Life Is Good" Really Put Nas At A Distance Between Eminem and Jay-Z When It Comes To The GOAT.

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
109 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
46 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 NBA JR Smith has a supreme shooting sleeve
7 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #101
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
 J Prince said:
at 200 mill I would say his commercial success is just fine, not many rappers that can consistently go platinum / Gold the minimum

I could be wrong but I dont believe Nas is worth anywhere near 200 mill , if you have some proof to prove me wrong then more power to ya, but I honestly dont think he's even anywhere near 100 mill or even 50 mill. Last time I checked he still owed the IRS 6 million , and most sources in the past 5 years have estimated him between 15 to 30 mill.

Also how much you have in your bank account doesn't always necessarily equate to how commercially successful or relevant your music is in the mainstream.

Last edited by psylence2k; 07-15-2012 at 02:59 PM..
 07-15-2012, 02:54 PM         #102
TheMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NvrCMyNut said:
The only ppl who are feelin this album are nas stans. To me its really the same mundane sh*t from dude, id take future or tygas albums over lig. Even nastradamus had project Windows streets discple had just a moment, lig tho? Nothing memorable.
 5 years ago '07        #103
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177 OP
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
 psylence2k said:

I could be wrong but I dont believe Nas is worth anywhere near 200 mill , if you have some proof to prove me wrong then more power to ya, but I honestly dont think he's even anywhere near 100 mill or even 50 mill. Last time I checked he still owed the IRS 6 million , and most sources in the past 5 years have estimated him between 15 to 30 mill.

Also how much you have in your bank account doesn't always necessarily equate to how commercially successful or relevant your music is in the mainstream
example: 50 Cent
 5 years ago '06        #104
simplyAmazin 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,277 | Props total: 184 184
 psylence2k said:

Also how much you have in your bank account doesn't always necessarily equate to how commercially successful or relevant your music is in the mainstream.
My proof is he said it on the intro, so either you take his word for it or you don't.

"Worth 200 million now,bicentennial n*gga,flat screens and condominiums Brazilian women on Xannies they pulling off panties"
 5 years ago '10        #105
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,732 | Props total: 19626 19626
n*ggas saying Kingdom Come over this? Tyga and Future?

fu*k it.

This album is alright. Started it out as an 8.5, but then turned into a 7.
 5 years ago '06        #106
simplyAmazin 2 heat pts
space
space
 Hovi Bryant said:
n*ggas saying Kingdom Come over this? Tyga and Future?

fu*k it.

This album is alright. Started it out as an 8.5, but then turned into a 7.
u crazy 9.5/10
 07-16-2012, 02:54 PM         #107
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nas was b4 this album
 5 years ago '11        #108
DRAGONFLY JONES 131 heat pts131
space
space
$9,050 | Props total: 3201 3201
 MissLoveOne said:
I'll be honest. I never thought Jay was all that great. He was a better music business man obviously. But Nas will always be the better artist. That's the thing. Jay was always saved by his celebrity and business acumen. He was never all that as a MC/rapper. And nobody is gonna remember him for his "contributions" to Hip Hop. They're only going to talk about his money or what he did business wise. I have no opinion on Em because I was never a fan. So I don't have nothing to say about him. I was never into Eminem, so I can't comment.

this all the way...i do fu*k with EM tho..he just doesnt make my type of music regularly
 5 years ago '05        #109
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,432 | Props total: 2905 2905
"Trust">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And its a bonus.
 5 years ago '06        #110
simplyAmazin 2 heat pts
space
space
 Nyse03 said:
"Trust">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

And its a bonus.
I agree Roses and Trust are my favorite
 5 years ago '04        #111
shabz 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$960 | Props total: 11 11
 psylence2k said:
Em and Jay live under different circumstances than Nas, and not only is their creativity effected greatly by their success and celebrity, they also have different expectations at their labels. Nas has tried to crossover in the past but labels know he's just as successful or more so just being able to do him especially in today's industry. So he enjoys that freedom more.

Em just needs to get out the house and live life, you can't really create interesting art when you spend most of your time locked up in your house not doing shyt besides watching television, running on the treadmill and recording. Where the hell you gonna find inspiration ? That's why we hear all this pseudo slim shady shyt back in his music. He has to use his imagination, since he has very little inspiration from real life. His technical skills stay in flawless form tho.

As far as Jay goes , I feel his perspective has become jaded as well. All he does nowadays is phuck beyonce, hop in and out of planes, and mingle with rich folk and celebrities all day long. He also lives in a distorted version of reality which is detrimental to his art and stifles his creativity, but that's the price they both have to pay for success.

Nas on the other hand hasn't had the fortune of coming across such commercial success so he still is able to find inspiration by being able to intermittently live a regular life for a day here and there.

5 years ago '07        #112
RubbahBandMayn 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,960 | Props total: 5877 5877
 Heisenberg said:
Life Is Good is horrible.

Nas is a great rapper but a horrible artist. can't write a song to save his life. Just bars and bars of nothingness. No creativity.

when it's all said and done Jay and Em will be remembered as musicians on the level of Elton John and Sting with grammy's and chart topping hits while Nas will be some n*gga from Queens that used to rap
 5 years ago '12        #113
noverum 
space
space
$2,876 | Props total: 1654 1654
 psylence2k said:
Em and Jay live under different circumstances than Nas, and not only is their creativity effected greatly by their success and celebrity, they also have different expectations at their labels. Nas has tried to crossover in the past but labels know he's just as successful or more so just being able to do him especially in today's industry. So he enjoys that freedom more.

Em just needs to get out the house and live life, you can't really create interesting art when you spend most of your time locked up in your house not doing shyt besides watching television, running on the treadmill and recording. Where the hell you gonna find inspiration ? That's why we hear all this pseudo slim shady shyt back in his music. He has to use his imagination, since he has very little inspiration from real life. His technical skills stay in flawless form tho.

As far as Jay goes , I feel his perspective has become jaded as well. All he does nowadays is phuck beyonce, hop in and out of planes, and mingle with rich folk and celebrities all day long. He also lives in a distorted version of reality which is detrimental to his art and stifles his creativity, but that's the price they both have to pay for success.

Nas on the other hand hasn't had the fortune of coming across such commercial success so he still is able to find inspiration by being able to intermittently live a regular life for a day here and there.

This post deserves to be bumped.
 5 years ago '06        #114
simplyAmazin 2 heat pts
space
space
back when = illmatic Nas, I'm so proud
 5 years ago '04        #115
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
 J Prince said:
My proof is he said it on the intro, so either you take his word for it or you don't.

"Worth 200 million now,bicentennial n*gga,flat screens and condominiums Brazilian women on Xannies they pulling off panties"

yeaaaah, I dont think I'm gonna believe that one without more proof than a rap bar. That's around where Forbes list people like Dre who've been in the game longer and have made wayyy bigger moves. I know better than to take what rappers spit in their bars as truth.

If you wanna believe him , that's fine with me, just dont try to quote/respond/rebuttal a comment of mine with something that is only backed up by a rap lyric.
 5 years ago '06        #116
Menelek 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,196 | Props total: 269 269
I think Jays Next album is gonna be fire tho.

I agree that Nas cares less about crossing over than Em and Jay.
 07-16-2012, 11:33 PM         #117
BWS Soldier 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:

This ^^^

But fu*k it, Nas>
 5 years ago '06        #118
simplyAmazin 2 heat pts
space
space
 psylence2k said:
yeaaaah, I dont think I'm gonna believe that one without more proof than a rap bar. That's around where Forbes list people like Dre who've been in the game longer and have made wayyy bigger moves. I know better than to take what rappers spit in their bars as truth.

If you wanna believe him , that's fine with me, just dont try to quote/respond/rebuttal a comment of mine with something that is only backed up by a rap lyric.
how about using some logic, you do realize Nas is in the top 10 for most hip hop albums sold all time right?
 5 years ago '12        #119
Nasir82 
space
space
$950 | Props total: 176 176
 J Prince said:
how about using some logic, you do realize Nas is in the top 10 for most hip hop albums sold all time right?

Damn.. so nice had to be posted twice.
 5 years ago '07        #120
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177 OP
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
 J Prince said:
the fu*k is this kid on?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
200 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
85 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
20 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
46 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy