"Life Is Good" Really Put Nas At A Distance Between Eminem and Jay-Z When It Comes To The GOAT.

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
39 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
84 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #81
ddash 1 heat pts
space
space
$22,968 | Props total: 3459 3459
Kingdom Come>>>>LIG

Serious take off 2 songs(Anything,Hollywood) and Kingdom is Insane from top to bottom.

I don't see how people don't like that album.

Its like people Hate on Jay just cause they like Nas and the other way around.They are both great and everyone knows that.

Last edited by ddash; 07-14-2012 at 01:40 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #82
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,223 | Props total: 19333 19333
 ddash said:
Kingdom Come>>>>LIG

Serious take off 2 songs(Anything,Hollywood) and Kingdom is Insane from top to bottom.

Its like people Hate on Jay just cause they like Nas and the other way around.They are both great and everyone knows that.
Kingdom Come is boring as hell which is odd from a Jay album never found him boring but that album had n*ggas napping over here sh*t is super weak also has no replay value i only go back for like 4 songs...i rather listen to BP3 that album wasn't great but it didn't bore me.
 5 years ago '07        #83
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177 OP
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
my fifth spin and this is whats certain.

not one skippable track. smooth all the way through

Has Nas just another CLASSIC?
 5 years ago '07        #84
space
space
did this motherfu*ker just say KINGDOME COME > LIFE IS GOOD.....oh my

5 years ago '12        #85
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,982 | Props total: 1244 1244
 thegoldenhero said:
Kingdom Come is boring as hell which is odd from a Jay album never found him boring but that album had n*ggas napping over here sh*t is super weak also has no replay value i only go back for like 4 songs...i rather listen to BP3 that album wasn't great but it didn't bore me.
Real talk.
 5 years ago '09        #86
UrbanEnterprise 62 heat pts62
space
space
$18,445 | Props total: 11292 11292
i thought this was known already

Em not even in my top five

1. Bone Thugs
2. Nas
3. Scarface
4. Jay-Z
5. Kanye West

and this is from my album perspective
 07-14-2012, 02:11 PM         #87
TheMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ddash said:
Kingdom Come>>>>LIG

:walk ercmonson:

5 years ago '07        #88
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,835 | Props total: 4814 4814
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
How do Jay stans slobber garbage like Kingdom Come and Blueprint 3 and then think Life is Good sucks

Life Is Good >>>> any album Jay's dropped since Black Album
how do u nas stans slobber nas silly a.ss bars that say absolutely nothin
 5 years ago '04        #89
ddash 1 heat pts
space
space
$22,968 | Props total: 3459 3459
I respect the opinion but to me Kingdom Come was a chill more mature album imo.It was different.

I seriously liked every song except 2.I can listen to Kingdom anyday of the week for years just like I can still listen to Illmatic everyday.

I was a Nas fan before I was a Jay fan but Nas inconsistency pisses me off.The world is yours is still my favorite song of all-time and Illmatic and stillmatic are still 1 of my favorite albums to listen to.I didn't like HHID or Untitled that much but I like LIG.I just always worry which Nas is going to show up and if Nas can be consistent with the next album.

I am not going to be a prisoner of the moment with LIG.It is getting really overrated at this moment.

Imma give it a few more listens before I make my final verdict and start throwing around the thoughts of words like amazing,Brilliant,terrible,okay,decent,classic and things like that.

So far it is nice,but I am trying to really get around the songs that I just wasn't feeling on the first 2 listens.

As a music producer I am very bias and sometimes I cant get around the production,scheme and sequence of things.I wish I could bypass that mindset.

I am a STAN of music overall and have no allegiance or pledge to any artist.That is the only thing I find funny about these threads.Like why are people riding these artists like they are making money from them or like its their father or family member.

These artists don't give a fu*k about us and we shouldn't care about them either.

Let the music speak for itself and pledge to that and that only.

Last edited by ddash; 07-14-2012 at 02:50 PM..
 07-14-2012, 02:44 PM         #90
keysersoze0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ddash said:
Kingdom Come>>>>LIG

to each is own, i guess.

On a more serious note, while I'm definitely a Nas stan, I still love Jay's music. I've never fully understood why so many people feel the need to love one and sh*t on the other. They are both legends.

Seriously though, Kingdom Come?
 07-14-2012, 02:46 PM         #91
Coo Coo Cal 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DoMieD said:
I mean Life is Good is okay but dude just isn't the same Anymore..

I mean atleast now he has more presence and charisma but it seems like he doesn't rhyme as well..

I dunno.. There are a few tough tracks but it just lacks something..

Joey Badass - 1999 >>> Nas - Life is Good
 ddash said:
Kingdom Come>>>>LIG

you people must be on bath salts
 5 years ago '10        #92
knowlege bass 
space
space
$3,220 | Props total: 563 563
I still havent downloaded the album or played it so I cant comment on its quality. Numbers wise I also hope it does ok...but if nothing else I hope it lights a fire under Jay and Em. I think Jay will have some material now he is a dad. Em hopefully is being tested by having the House gang around. Looking forward to hearing LIG given the feedback I have seen so far and also looking forward to seeing how Em and Jay respond.
 07-14-2012, 02:49 PM         #93
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:
Your judgement is hazard because of your stanism.
 5 years ago '09        #94
Vos 2 heat pts
space
space
$903 | Props total: 0 0
I love Jay and Kingdom Come is actually a good album...but Life is Good is definitely better.
 5 years ago '07        #95
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 NvrCMyNut said:
The only ppl who are feelin this album are nas stans. To me its really the same mundane sh*t from dude, id take future or tygas albums over lig
I give up on hip hop
 5 years ago '06        #96
simplyAmazin 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,277 | Props total: 184 184
 psylence2k said:
Em and Jay live under different circumstances than Nas, and not only is their creativity effected greatly by their success and celebrity, they also have different expectations at their labels. Nas has tried to crossover in the past but labels know he's just as successful or more so just being able to do him especially in today's industry. So he enjoys that freedom more.

Em just needs to get out the house and live life, you can't really create interesting art when you spend most of your time locked up in your house not doing shyt besides watching television, running on the treadmill and recording. Where the hell you gonna find inspiration ? That's why we hear all this pseudo slim shady shyt back in his music. He has to use his imagination, since he has very little inspiration from real life. His technical skills stay in flawless form tho.

As far as Jay goes , I feel his perspective has become jaded as well. All he does nowadays is phuck beyonce, hop in and out of planes, and mingle with rich folk and celebrities all day long. He also lives in a distorted version of reality which is detrimental to his art and stifles his creativity, but that's the price they both have to pay for success.

Nas on the other hand hasn't had the fortune of coming across such commercial success so he still is able to find inspiration by being able to intermittently live a regular life for a day here and there.
at 200 mill I would say his commercial success is just fine, not many rappers that can consistently go platinum / Gold the minimum
 5 years ago '10        #97
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
 ddash said:
Kingdom Come>>>>LIG

5 years ago '11        #98
ROger Rabbit 20 heat pts20
space
space
space
$4,040 | Props total: 1793 1793
 NvrCMyNut said:
The only ppl who are feelin this album are nas stans. To me its really the same mundane sh*t from dude, id take future or tygas albums over lig. Even nastradamus had project Windows streets discple had just a moment, lig tho? Nothing memorable.
you cant be serious
 5 years ago '07        #99
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 Vos said:
I love Jay and Kingdom Come is actually a good album...but Life is Good is definitely better.
dont understand the hate for kingdom come...when u break it down track by track its average not trash the way ppl make it out to be...same goes for streets disciple
 5 years ago '07        #100
space
space
tygas album over this
Home      

most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish