"Life Is Good" Really Put Nas At A Distance Between Eminem and Jay-Z When It Comes To The GOAT.

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
115 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
63 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
78 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
102 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '09        #61
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,087 | Props total: 8878 8878
 Eagles All Day said:
@ em in the same category as jay and nas
especially when his last 3 albums are garbage
 5 years ago '10        #62
trex 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$2,783 | Props total: 195 195
 psylence2k said:
Em and Jay live under different circumstances than Nas, and not only is their creativity effected greatly by their success and celebrity, they also have different expectations at their labels. Nas has tried to crossover in the past but labels know he's just as successful or more so just being able to do him especially in today's industry. So he enjoys that freedom more.

Em just needs to get out the house and live life, you can't really create interesting art when you spend most of your time locked up in your house not doing shyt besides watching television, running on the treadmill and recording. Where the hell you gonna find inspiration ? That's why we hear all this pseudo slim shady shyt back in his music. He has to use his imagination, since he has very little inspiration from real life. His technical skills stay in flawless form tho.

As far as Jay goes , I feel his perspective has become jaded as well. All he does nowadays is phuck beyonce, hop in and out of planes, and mingle with rich folk and celebrities all day long. He also lives in a distorted version of reality which is detrimental to his art and stifles his creativity, but that's the price they both have to pay for success.

Nas on the other hand hasn't had the fortune of coming across such commercial success so he still is able to find inspiration by being able to intermittently live a regular life for a day here and there.
Excellent points. I'd further argue that the hardships that Nas has endured provided a musical canvas for him. Life Is Good sounded like a cathartic moment for Nas.

Jay-Z, by nature, draws a distinct line between his personal life and his music so there is no way you would ever get music this personal from him. Closest track is Glory but that's a celebration of life not music about hardships or failure.

Eminem is a bit different. He's seen many ups and downs and has definitely touched on his troubles. But typically the rest of the content on the album is comedic, extreme, etc. There's no cohesion.

But all this being said, Em and Jay's prowess come from their lyrical ability against stellar production. They'll both remain part of GOAT discussions, especially if they drop another Eminem Show or Black Album, respectively.
 5 years ago '04        #63
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,402 | Props total: 11776 11776
Ill post a review when i buy the album

from the tracks i heard it was ok but people go overboard with nas
 07-14-2012, 10:54 AM         #64
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why is Eminem even in a Jay-Z and Nas discussion?
Doesnt he rap about p*nises and beating his mother?
I swear I saw someone in here say "Em doesnt have ANOTHER classic in him." What was his 1st classic?
 5 years ago '09        #65
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
 DJ Maximum said:
Ill post a review when i buy the album

from the tracks i heard it was ok but people go overboard with nas
Same thing can be said about Jay-z and Kanye West albums, don't act like WTT is not overrated
 5 years ago '04        #66
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,780 | Props total: 11606 11606
 psylence2k said:
Em and Jay live under different circumstances than Nas, and not only is their creativity effected greatly by their success and celebrity, they also have different expectations at their labels. Nas has tried to crossover in the past but labels know he's just as successful or more so just being able to do him especially in today's industry. So he enjoys that freedom more.

Em just needs to get out the house and live life, you can't really create interesting art when you spend most of your time locked up in your house not doing shyt besides watching television, running on the treadmill and recording. Where the hell you gonna find inspiration ? That's why we hear all this pseudo slim shady shyt back in his music. He has to use his imagination, since he has very little inspiration from real life. His technical skills stay in flawless form tho.

As far as Jay goes , I feel his perspective has become jaded as well. All he does nowadays is phuck beyonce, hop in and out of planes, and mingle with rich folk and celebrities all day long. He also lives in a distorted version of reality which is detrimental to his art and stifles his creativity, but that's the price they both have to pay for success.

Nas on the other hand hasn't had the fortune of coming across such commercial success so he still is able to find inspiration by being able to intermittently live a regular life for a day here and there.

[pic - click to view]

em needs to get out the fu*kin house.
 5 years ago '12        #67
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,988 | Props total: 1259 1259
I mean Life is Good is okay but dude just isn't the same Anymore..

I mean atleast now he has more presence and charisma but it seems like he doesn't rhyme as well..

I dunno.. There are a few tough tracks but it just lacks something..

Joey Badass - 1999 >>> Nas - Life is Good
 5 years ago '10        #68
PrinceDeville25 24 heat pts24
space
space
$5,178 | Props total: 464 464
 psylence2k said:

great post. That's too true
 5 years ago '04        #69
space
space
 ash1990 said:
Same thing can be said about Jay-z and Kanye West albums, don't act like WTT is not overrated
WTT OVERRATED? HOW?

ITS A 4/5 ALBUM GREAT SONGS FROM DEEP TO CHILL TO INTROSPECTIVE TO BRAGGADOCIO RAP TO CLUB

IT HAS IT ALL
 5 years ago '04        #70
silentmurder2 1 heat pts
space
space
$674 | Props total: 0 0
 DoMieD said:

I mean atleast now he has more presence and charisma but it seems like he doesn't rhyme as well..

"A jigsaw puzzle aerial view of the projects
A kid saw struggle, buried a few of his partners"

"Shooters is cold, kid. The old sh*t was learning Student Enrollment to focus,
yet hooligans roll with toasters to pop your medullas off of your shoulders"

"I light a L for Vernon, for n*ggas who would burn in Hell for Vernon
10th Street, 12th Street, Nightmare on Elm Street
Pimps creep, delve deep inside the editorials of the ghetto queens, kings, stories true
Who possesses the testicular fortitude
To blow away myths that's a hindrance to all of you?"

Let me know when Joey Badass understands structure, multi-syllables, inside rhyming, WITH content like that. I'll be waiting. Those first two bars are better than anything that kid has ever done.

Last edited by silentmurder2; 07-14-2012 at 11:19 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #71
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
Nas been the goat. Em fell off with the hard drugs and Jay-Z left the rap game a long time ago to only do 'luxury rap'

*waits for that Maybach Curtains with Meek Mill prod. by justice league*
 5 years ago '09        #72
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
 DJ Maximum said:
WTT OVERRATED? HOW?

ITS A 4/5 ALBUM GREAT SONGS FROM DEEP TO CHILL TO INTROSPECTIVE TO BRAGGADOCIO RAP TO CLUB

IT HAS IT ALL

I remember when n*ggaz was calling it a classic album and critics making it out to be a masterpiece, when in reality is a average album overall imo

Last edited by Ash10; 07-14-2012 at 11:46 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #73
space
space
 ash1990 said:
I remember when n*ggaz was calling it a classic album and critics making it out to be a masterpiece, when in reality is a average album overall imo
it is a masterpiece a classic we dont know until 5 years down the road

a classic imo is when u can play it down the years and still be fresh
 5 years ago '07        #74
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609

n*ggaz better recognize and acknowledge my son as the G.O.A.T.
 5 years ago '07        #75
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 DoMieD said:

Sit ya a.ss down whiteboy

Joey Badass Really!??????????????
 07-14-2012, 12:54 PM         #76
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:

I see that incredible back bone to find inspiration because not making continuously is soul crushing while your rivals make it to elite celebrity status.
 5 years ago '04        #77
freefab420 
space
space
space
$759 | Props total: 0 0
 psylence2k said:

5 years ago '09        #78
59fifty 
space
space
$22,737 | Props total: 10168 10168
 KnicksLost said:
Sit ya a.ss down whiteboy

Joey Badass Really!??????????????
say wut u want but dat n*ggaz album was da best album i heard since the year 1999 imo...
 5 years ago '10        #79
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,735 | Props total: 19636 19636
I don't agree.

My top five.

1 Big
2 Jay
3 Pac
4 Em
5 Nas

Personal preference. If you haven't liked an artist by now, there isn't much to propel them today.

I don't see my top five changing no matter what happens.

However, I will say this about Nas, Jay-Z, and Eminem.

Musically, Jay is inclined to branch out into different sounds. That's his perspective of evolution. From working with Linkin Park, Coldplay, Michael Jackson and other R&B and pop stars, he'll put his stamp on it.

Eminem is similar in that fashion.

Nas, is inclined to stay with the boom bap Hip-Hop, but go with different stories and subjects. His musical range much more limited than the former.

However, this is my opinion. I have no beef with anyone saying Nas is the GOAT. Though, I wish everyone else felt the same about any of those other guys. Its a shame we have guys like the TS making threads like this every other month.
 5 years ago '09        #80
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,276 | Props total: 19433 19433
 El Fuerte said:
"They say the artists who suffers the most, his stuff is the best,
Cause his heart bleed on his sleeve, pain, pistols, and s3x" - Nas "Trust"

word
damn i must have missed that line...damn Nas
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
99 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
177 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
60 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
75 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
202 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy