"Life Is Good" Really Put Nas At A Distance Between Eminem and Jay-Z When It Comes To The GOAT.

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
90 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
61 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
102 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #41
ddash 1 heat pts
space
space
$22,968 | Props total: 3459 3459
I Agree back when EM came out I didn't think anyone could out rap him.Em was a fu*king monsta*but his gimmick,not skill but gimmick wore off and he just had to many mental problems.He whole persona got corny.

Em really could've been the goat but he wasn't stable.

Em fell off years ago and I cant name the last album I liked from him.
 07-14-2012, 02:17 AM         #42
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 5 years ago '04        #43
JugernoT 
space
space
$1,808 | Props total: 1156 1156
 ddash said:
I Agree back when EM came out I didn't think anyone could out rap him.Em was a fu*king monsta*but his gimmick,not skill but gimmick wore off and he just had to many mental problems.He whole persona got corny.

Em really could've been the goat but he wasn't stable.

Em fell off years ago and I cant name the last album I liked from him.
2002 Eminem show. 10 years. no way he measures up to Nas or Jay who came out in 94 and 96 and still hold it down today.
 5 years ago '04        #44
ddash 1 heat pts
space
space
 JugernoT said:
2002 Eminem show. 10 years. no way he measures up to Nas or Jay who came out in 94 and 96 and still hold it down today.
I agree check my previous post fam.
 5 years ago '11        #45
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,316 | Props total: 8438 8438
And somewhere in the distance......... Tupac is rolling over in his grave
 07-14-2012, 03:06 AM         #46
Ether Boy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Heisenberg said:
Life Is Good is horrible.

Nas is a great rapper but a horrible artist. can't write a song to save his life. Just bars and bars of nothingness. No creativity.

when it's all said and done Jay and Em will be remembered as musicians on the level of Elton John and Sting with grammy's and chart topping hits while Nas will be some n*gga from Queens that used to rap
I need to get my eyes checked

I keep reading this post and its saying Nas isnt creative
 5 years ago '04        #47
JugernoT 
space
space
$1,808 | Props total: 1156 1156
 ddash said:
I agree check my previous post fam.
It's late and I'm mad tired. I should have worded my post differently. I agree with you 100% bro. I just quoted you because you said you couldn't remember the last time em even put out a quality album and it dawned on me that it's been 10 years already.

I know ppl are entitled to their opinions, but I just don't see how some people in this thread can realistically look at Nas and jay's career's and think em is on their level.
 5 years ago '05        #48
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,722 | Props total: 2168 2168
i normally hate this boxden users account... but..yeah life is good is album of the year,,
 5 years ago '10        #49
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,532 | Props total: 5867 5867
 Gm0ney85 said:
i normally hate this boxden users account... but..yeah life is good is album of the year,,
Ant McQueen's sh*t.. >>>
 5 years ago '04        #50
ddash 1 heat pts
space
space
 JugernoT said:
It's late and I'm mad tired. I should have worded my post differently. I agree with you 100% bro. I just quoted you because you said you couldn't remember the last time em even put out a quality album and it dawned on me that it's been 10 years already.

I know ppl are entitled to their opinions, but I just don't see how some people in this thread can realistically look at Nas and jay's career's and think em is on their level.
Ok,cool.

I agree with you and yea it was the Eminem show.

Its crazy its been 10 years.
 5 years ago '10        #51
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
Nothing has changed for me. Nas is still number 1 and Jay is still number 2. Jay-Z could still make a classic album, I'm not so sure Eminem could.
 5 years ago '05        #52
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 thegoldenhero said:
You don't think Em and Jay have reached the level where they can make the music they want and the sh*t will still sell? maybe not as much as a mainstream sounding album would but they'll still go platinum especially Em dude can drop just about anything and it will move units.
The thing is though, the music they make is the music they want to make. People need to understand that they music they make to cater their fans, whomever they may be, as well as progressive, particularly if you look at someone like Kanye as well, the problem with hip hop fans in particular is that if its not catered to them then the album must be trash, even though a Kanye, Em, Jay have a fanbase that extends far beyond a hip hop traditionalist.
 5 years ago '04        #53
ddash 1 heat pts
space
space
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's the Gift and the Curse
 07-14-2012, 03:59 AM         #54
YesUcantCme 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k jay z....
 07-14-2012, 04:01 AM         #55
YesUcantCme 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JugernoT said:
Y every1 hate on relapse...

sh*t is dope
 5 years ago '11        #56
apexape 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,093 | Props total: 1335 1335
 psylence2k said:
Em and Jay live under different circumstances than Nas, and not only is their creativity effected greatly by their success and celebrity, they also have different expectations at their labels. Nas has tried to crossover in the past but labels know he's just as successful or more so just being able to do him especially in today's industry. So he enjoys that freedom more.

Em just needs to get out the house and live life, you can't really create interesting art when you spend most of your time locked up in your house not doing shyt besides watching television, running on the treadmill and recording. Where the hell you gonna find inspiration ? That's why we hear all this pseudo slim shady shyt back in his music. He has to use his imagination, since he has very little inspiration from real life. His technical skills stay in flawless form tho.

As far as Jay goes , I feel his perspective has become jaded as well. All he does nowadays is phuck beyonce, hop in and out of planes, and mingle with rich folk and celebrities all day long. He also lives in a distorted version of reality which is detrimental to his art and stifles his creativity, but that's the price they both have to pay for success.

Nas on the other hand hasn't had the fortune of coming across such commercial success so he still is able to find inspiration by being able to intermittently live a regular life for a day here and there.
Salute to u sir. This is the best post I've read debating the three artist in a long time. You've hit every point perfectly. As a fan of all three, nas still has it in him to make gritty music. And this life is good album took me by suprise, I did not think anyone could still make classics like this in today's industry
 5 years ago '08        #57
I_make_beatz 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,480 | Props total: 641 641
I salute Psylence2k as well, he said it perfectly. Also, Nas has an AZ-like Flawless Flow on this Album, which goes well with these well-produced instrumentals. All we need now is that Nas and AZ Double Album called Hip-Hop Resurrection and I can die a happy man.
 5 years ago '08        #58
El Fuerte 
space
space
$3,900 | Props total: 1699 1699
 psylence2k said:
Em and Jay live under different circumstances than Nas, and not only is their creativity effected greatly by their success and celebrity, they also have different expectations at their labels. Nas has tried to crossover in the past but labels know he's just as successful or more so just being able to do him especially in today's industry. So he enjoys that freedom more.

Em just needs to get out the house and live life, you can't really create interesting art when you spend most of your time locked up in your house not doing shyt besides watching television, running on the treadmill and recording. Where the hell you gonna find inspiration ? That's why we hear all this pseudo slim shady shyt back in his music. He has to use his imagination, since he has very little inspiration from real life. His technical skills stay in flawless form tho.

As far as Jay goes , I feel his perspective has become jaded as well. All he does nowadays is phuck beyonce, hop in and out of planes, and mingle with rich folk and celebrities all day long. He also lives in a distorted version of reality which is detrimental to his art and stifles his creativity, but that's the price they both have to pay for success.

Nas on the other hand hasn't had the fortune of coming across such commercial success so he still is able to find inspiration by being able to intermittently live a regular life for a day here and there.
"They say the artists who suffers the most, his stuff is the best,
Cause his heart bleed on his sleeve, pain, pistols, and s3x" - Nas "Trust"

word
 5 years ago '07        #59
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,830 | Props total: 4807 4807
 1LynguisticMind said:
Eminem and Jay-Z need to step their sh-t up. thats the thing about Nas, while its clear Jay and Eminem steer towards commerical records, and songs for the masses...Nas sticks with making music geared towards hip hop fans. Nas is on a whole other level then these two right now. "BP3" and "Recovery were both weak as fu-k, while "Life Is Good" has all the makings of a classic album.

I mean this song "Worlds An Addiction"....is this real life? Nas destroys this track in a way i never knew

Nas is clearly the best out of the Big Three right now, if you say otherwise....you most likely are a warrior/stan.
production is sick.but as usual,a whole lotta bars sayin absolutely nothin
 5 years ago '12        #60
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,703 | Props total: 22068 22068
Life is good isn't godly as others are praising it.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
64 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
45 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
37 comments
2 days ago