"Life Is Good" Really Put Nas At A Distance Between Eminem and Jay-Z When It Comes To The GOAT.

most viewed right now
 83
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
140 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 74
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
193 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 63
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
240 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 53
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
82 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #21
Real 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$391 | Props total: 0 0
 psylence2k said:
Em and Jay live under different circumstances than Nas, and not only is their creativity effected greatly by their success and celebrity, they also have different expectations at their labels. Nas has tried to crossover in the past but labels know he's just as successful or more so just being able to do him especially in today's industry. So he enjoys that freedom more.


Em just needs to get out the house and live life, you can't really create interesting art when you spend most of your time locked up in your house not doing shyt besides watching television, running on the treadmill and recording. Where the hell you gonna find inspiration ? That's why we hear all this pseudo slim shady shyt back in his music. He has to use his imagination, since he has very little inspiration from real life. His technical skills stay in flawless form tho.

As far as Jay goes , I feel his perspective has become jaded as well. All he does nowadays is phuck beyonce, hop in and out of planes, and mingle with rich folk and celebrities all day long. He also lives in a distorted version of reality which is detrimental to his art and stifles his creativity, but that's the price they both have to pay for success.


Nas on the other hand hasn't had the fortune of coming across such commercial success so he still is able to find inspiration by being able to intermittently live a regular life for a day here and there.
Makes perfect sense.
 07-14-2012, 12:48 AM         #22
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
Em and Jay live under different circumstances than Nas, and not only is their creativity effected greatly by their success and celebrity, they also have different expectations at their labels. Nas has tried to crossover in the past but labels know he's just as successful or more so just being able to do him especially in today's industry. So he enjoys that freedom more.


Em just needs to get out the house and live life, you can't really create interesting art when you spend most of your time locked up in your house not doing shyt besides watching television, running on the treadmill and recording. Where the hell you gonna find inspiration ? That's why we hear all this pseudo slim shady shyt back in his music. He has to use his imagination, since he has very little inspiration from real life. His technical skills stay in flawless form tho.

As far as Jay goes , I feel his perspective has become jaded as well. All he does nowadays is phuck beyonce, hop in and out of planes, and mingle with rich folk and celebrities all day long. He also lives in a distorted version of reality which is detrimental to his art and stifles his creativity, but that's the price they both have to pay for success.


Nas on the other hand hasn't had the fortune of coming across such commercial success so he still is able to find inspiration by being able to intermittently live a regular life for a day here and there.
 5 years ago '09        #23
SmashSS 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$320 | Props total: 97 97
 psylence2k said:
Em and Jay live under different circumstances than Nas, and not only is their creativity effected greatly by their success and celebrity, they also have different expectations at their labels. Nas has tried to crossover in the past but labels know he's just as successful or more so just being able to do him especially in today's industry. So he enjoys that freedom more.


Em just needs to get out the house and live life, you can't really create interesting art when you spend most of your time locked up in your house not doing shyt besides watching television, running on the treadmill and recording. Where the hell you gonna find inspiration ? That's why we hear all this pseudo slim shady shyt back in his music. He has to use his imagination, since he has very little inspiration from real life. His technical skills stay in flawless form tho.

As far as Jay goes , I feel his perspective has become jaded as well. All he does nowadays is phuck beyonce, hop in and out of planes, and mingle with rich folk and celebrities all day long. He also lives in a distorted version of reality which is detrimental to his art and stifles his creativity, but that's the price they both have to pay for success.


Nas on the other hand hasn't had the fortune of coming across such commercial success so he still is able to find inspiration by being able to intermittently live a regular life for a day here and there.
Exactly.
 5 years ago '05        #24
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 1LynguisticMind said:
Eminem and Jay-Z need to step their sh-t up. thats the thing about Nas, while its clear Jay and Eminem steer towards commerical records, and songs for the masses...Nas sticks with making music geared towards hip hop fans. Nas is on a whole other level then these two right now. "BP3" and "Recovery were both weak as fu-k, while "Life Is Good" has all the makings of a classic album.

I mean this song "Worlds An Addiction"....is this real life? Nas destroys this track in a way i never knew




Nas is clearly the best out of the Big Three right now, if you say otherwise....you most likely are a warrior/stan.
Clearly missed the point, Nas' fanbase is generally only hip hop fans, so he can just make hip hop records that are more traditional in the sense of a hip hop sound, Nas isn't a superstar like Jay, Ye, Em or Wayne, hell, even Drake. Is Nas a legend? Yes, is he a superstar? No, and I think he's just fine with that.

People like Jay, Kanye, EM etc have to cater to much more diverse fanbase than Nas, thats just the reality that comes along with someone with the success that superstars have. Outside of hip hop enthusiasts and fans, no one is checking for a Nas album, which is unfortunate but he makes the type of music his' fanbase wants, its musically probably the best thing for him.

Its why there are always such divide amongst fans when Ye or Jay release albums, because they don't cater to one audience, especially nowadays its less for the traditional hip hop audience. The perfect example is American Gangster, praised by hip hop fans alike, but outside of that, in terms of being talked about, it's never mentioned outside of hip hop circles, which is basically been the story of Nas' whole career (with the exception of Illmatic), which isn't a bad thing, cause it suits Nas just fine.


Last edited by sheedawg; 07-14-2012 at 01:22 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #25
ddash 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$22,968 | Props total: 3459 3459
Cmon now.
LIG is nice but Jay Catalog>>>>>>>> Nas and it is not close.

Nas has let me down album wise way more than Jay has.Nas was the poster boy for being inconsistent.

Nas will alway have more content to his tracks but it almost seems like he cant do anything else.He knows he cant crossover and sometimes going to back to his same ole same ole beats and style hurts him.

Like I said Nas knows how to put out a classic album but for some reason chooses to be stubborn.I think that is why Nas pisses me off so much.I been a fan of Nas since 94 and grew up playing illmatic over 1000 times.

I guess the same could be same for Jay but he atleast progressed musically and always had the better /consistent beats and tracks imo.I mean just make a playlists of Jay sh*t and it will be 5 times as long as Nas.I do think Jay will hear LIG and know he has to step up to the plate.I do think Jay dumbs it down more now but I guess he has a wider audience to appeal to and I cant hate on that and his business.n*ggas know Hov could easily murder a track and make a classic.

Its crazy because I always wonder what would have happened if Nas had the caliber of beats Jay had.

Ole well.


Last edited by ddash; 07-14-2012 at 01:27 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #26
240ka 49 heat pts49
space
avatar space
space
$22,346 | Props total: 2062 2062
lol @ Em being mention
 5 years ago '07        #27
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177 OP
space
avatar space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
 Eagles All Day said:
@ em in the same category as jay and nas

Some people feel jay is better, some people feel nas is better

I got no problem with either one Both are the kings of this rap sh*t
son we get you are dedicated to hating on em due to the constant em vs jay discussion. but the reailty is Eminem is considered one of the big three.

both aint no kings of this rap sh*t. Em is the king of commercial success, Nas is the king of the music. Jay is trying hard to be in the same lane as em, but commercially nah...it aint happening....but they both need to get back to the music tho and say fu*k the commercial sh*t....cause regardless they still will sell.

"some say jay is better, some say nas is better" no bro.

its not even a sound discussion. Nas is lightyears ahead of jay musically and lyrically...same goes Nas being better then Eminem.....they both are still good, but Nas is GREAT.
 5 years ago '11        #28
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
Nas and em been neck and neck for second place since I was a kid and this album gave nas the lead. I don't think em will ever be the same thanks to the drugs and no reason to be hungry but he still drop good music recovery and relapse had some good songs. But I still think Eminem in his prime is the best rapper of all time



Jay-z not even top 5
 5 years ago '08        #29
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
avatar space
space
$32,812 | Props total: 12478 12478
 1LynguisticMind said:
son we get you are dedicated to hating on em due to the constant em vs jay discussion. but the reailty is Eminem is considered one of the big three.

both aint no kings of this rap sh*t. Em is the king of commercial success, Nas is the king of the music. Jay is trying hard to be in the same lane as em, but commercially nah...it aint happening....but they both need to get back to the music tho and say fu*k the commercial sh*t....cause regardless they still will sell.

"some say jay is better, some say nas is better" no bro.

its not even a sound discussion. Nas is lightyears ahead of jay musically and lyrically...same goes Nas being better then Eminem.....they both are still good, but Nas is GREAT.
Cool story snow, tell another

 240ka said:
lol @ Em being mention
White people love their savior
 07-14-2012, 01:48 AM         #30
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nas was goat before this album
 5 years ago '09        #31
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$36,238 | Props total: 19343 19343
 sheedawg said:
Clearly missed the point, Nas' fanbase is generally only hip hop fans, so he can just make hip hop records that are more traditional in the sense of a hip hop sound, Nas isn't a superstar like Jay, Ye, Em or Wayne, hell, even Drake. Is Nas a legend? Yes, is he a superstar? No, and I think he's just fine with that.

People like Jay, Kanye, EM etc have to cater to much more diverse fanbase than Nas, thats just the reality that comes along with someone with the success that superstars have. Outside of hip hop enthusiasts and fans, no one is checking for a Nas album, which is unfortunate but he makes the type of music his' fanbase wants, its musically probably the best thing for him.

Its why there are always such divide amongst fans when Ye or Jay release albums, because they don't cater to one audience, especially nowadays its less for the traditional hip hop audience. The perfect example is American Gangster, praised by hip hop fans alike, but outside of that, in terms of being talked about, it's never mentioned outside of hip hop circles, which is basically been the story of Nas' whole career (with the exception of Illmatic), which isn't a bad thing, cause it suits Nas just fine.
You don't think Em and Jay have reached the level where they can make the music they want and the sh*t will still sell? maybe not as much as a mainstream sounding album would but they'll still go platinum especially Em dude can drop just about anything and it will move units.
 5 years ago '08        #32
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
avatar space
space
$32,812 | Props total: 12478 12478
 thegoldenhero said:
You don't think Em and Jay have reached the level where they can make the music they want and the sh*t will still sell? maybe not as much as a mainstream sounding album would but they'll still go platinum especially Em dude can drop just about anything and it will move units.
Got to have something to talk about like dude above said....i mean em has already exhausted all the records he can with him talking about sticking gerbils up his a.ss....
 5 years ago '04        #33
ddash 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$22,968 | Props total: 3459 3459
Seriously nobody believes EM is the GOAT or even close.

If you do you must've been born in 2000 or something.
 5 years ago '05        #34
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
avatar space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1679 1679
 psylence2k said:
Em and Jay live under different circumstances than Nas, and not only is their creativity effected greatly by their success and celebrity, they also have different expectations at their labels. Nas has tried to crossover in the past but labels know he's just as successful or more so just being able to do him especially in today's industry. So he enjoys that freedom more.


Em just needs to get out the house and live life, you can't really create interesting art when you spend most of your time locked up in your house not doing shyt besides watching television, running on the treadmill and recording. Where the hell you gonna find inspiration ? That's why we hear all this pseudo slim shady shyt back in his music. He has to use his imagination, since he has very little inspiration from real life. His technical skills stay in flawless form tho.

As far as Jay goes , I feel his perspective has become jaded as well. All he does nowadays is phuck beyonce, hop in and out of planes, and mingle with rich folk and celebrities all day long. He also lives in a distorted version of reality which is detrimental to his art and stifles his creativity, but that's the price they both have to pay for success.


Nas on the other hand hasn't had the fortune of coming across such commercial success so he still is able to find inspiration by being able to intermittently live a regular life for a day here and there.
This x 1000. Very well said.
 5 years ago '04        #35
JugernoT 
space
avatar space
space
$1,811 | Props total: 1159 1159
 Kingpin 313 said:
Nas and em been neck and neck for second place since I was a kid and this album gave nas the lead. I don't think em will ever be the same thanks to the drugs and no reason to be hungry but he still drop good music recovery and relapse had some good songs. But I still think Eminem in his prime is the best rapper of all time



Jay-z not even top 5
Nas and em neck and neck? how? em came out with three good/great albums and then........? em's catalog doesn't compare to rappers like Nas, jay, scarface and Pac. I agree that in his prime he had one of the best flows but so what? caninbus was godly at one point as well. I hope he gets it together but imo after the Eminem show there's a huge drop off in quality. We'll see what the future brings but he's a rapper a lot of my friends just grew out of.


Last edited by JugernoT; 07-14-2012 at 02:00 AM..
 5 years ago '09        #36
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$36,238 | Props total: 19343 19343
 Eagles All Day said:
Got to have something to talk about like dude above said....i mean em has already exhausted all the records he can with him talking about sticking gerbils up his a.ss....
Which is why i suggested a year ago they start sharpening their storytelling skills up and start making those type of tracks more especially Em who has basically nothing to rap about anymore it's starting to be pathetic he must expand on his creativity cause nothing is going on his life for them personal tracks and his shock raps just doesn't do it for anyone older than 18.
 5 years ago '05        #37
Switchc2390 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$17,976 | Props total: 3240 3240
Where are people getting that Nas has not achieved mainstream success? Dude just performed at the ESPYs and all of his albums besides his latest have gone platinum. Not gold, platinum in this day and age.
 5 years ago '04        #38
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
avatar space
space
$19,256 | Props total: 3845 3845
I would say that this album is simply a reminder of why everyone thought Nas was the next coming of Rakim in the early 90's. It's a reminder of why Jay-Z was jealous of Nas' fame early in his career. It's a reminder of why Biggie considered Nas his biggest rival in New York.

This album is classic hip-hop material. Every other artist has to just stand back and salute because it is simply good music.
 5 years ago '11        #39
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 JugernoT said:
Nas and em neck and neck? how? em came out with three good/great albums and then........? em's catalog doesn't compare to rappers like Nas, jay, scarface and Pac. I agree that in his prime he had one of the best flows but so what? caninbus was godly at one point as well. I hope he gets it together but imo after the Eminem show there's a huge drop off in quality. We'll see what the future brings but he's a rapper a lot of my friends just grew out of.
Catalog is only one thing when ranking somebody you gotta count technical skill and impact also and like I said I don't see nobody out rapping Eminem in his prime




Nas also has a couple of wack albums
 5 years ago '11        #40
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 Switchc2390 said:
Where are people getting that Nas has not achieved mainstream success? Dude just performed at the ESPYs and all of his albums besides his latest have gone platinum. Not gold, platinum in this day and age.
I think they mean compared to jay z and Eminem. Nas not all over the radio or going gold first week
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 70
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
50 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 50
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
50 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 49
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
66 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 25
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 19
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 19
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 18
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 14
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago
@sports
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy