Phat ass white girl for real
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
103 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 5 years ago '04        #21
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,808 | Props total: 1477 1477
 DominicanLou said:
but anyone can be a financial advisor too. its an all sales job with a high attrition rate.

i would start thinking what field you want your career to be in. there's a lot of exciting things to do in business beyond banking. social enterprise, to me, is an exciting and growing field. credit unions can be an option. even nonprofits. I work for a nonprofit and usually when I tell people that they automatically think "social services"..helping people on welfare, or connecting people to jobs or some sh*t. But we're a CDFI (community development financial institution). We do business lending and even have financial products for consumers that beat any consumer savings account by any mainstream bank. We do financial coaching and consulting for small businesses. I got into the field through a recommendation by someone at Morgan Stanley. It's given me great work experience. It's easy work. The pay is more then you would think. I'm not micro-managed. Don't have any quotas. I'm currently getting recruited for an MBA program that's offering me a scholarship that will allow me to pay 11% of the tuition.

The point is...I think you can get lost in the big companies. The reason I was able to get the experience I have and do the things I've done is because I'm at a small company. I was basically given the freedom to do with the position what I wanted. I thought about going into banking because, through my job, a lot of my connections are with bankers, people in government or at FDIC and Federal Reserve.

You want to be in a position where you can network. Being qualified is only half the story. People just gotta plain like you for you to get the job and get to where you want to be.
 08-07-2012, 02:58 PM         #22
Skratch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i got a wells fargo interview tommorrow, pretty prepared, got offered at d!cks the other day but its for low pay but i want this bank job, i been reading on glassdoor and this right here got me scared:

I had a group interview with 15 other people. It was absolutely absurd. One girl mentioned her dad was the manager, someone said they had already worked at another one in a larger city, and then one person went on a hardcore tangent about how it was their dream to work there. Naturally after intros I knew this was not gonna be happening. Seriously it all went down hill from there. They lady would say a question and it was a battle to see who would answer first. Imagine the Hunger Games but with business suits. Absolutely the worst interview I had ever been to. It made me very glad I didn't receive an offer. And I only put "very difficult" because of the whole group interview/tool bags/hunger games situation. The questions in general, not that big of a deal.
^^ this sh*t really gonna be first come first serve on the questions tho? im a have to step my lying game up
 5 years ago '07        #23
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,327 | Props total: 1121 1121
 DominicanLou said:
but anyone can be a broker too. its an all sales job with a high attrition rate.
Fixed that for you
 5 years ago '04        #24
Leftcoast 
space
space
space
$471 | Props total: 5 5
i started off as a teller been with the bank now 6 years and 6 different positions. from 20k a year to 3x that+. lots of opportunity within the company
 5 years ago '11        #25
atlsfinest1083 
space
space
space
$110 | Props total: 8 8
worked at wells fargo. It sucked. Managers want you to get people to get accounts even if they are broke. Also they want you to sell people credit cards and loans. Met some nice customers and made tips from time to time
 5 years ago '04        #26
DEscalade 
space
space
$2,345 | Props total: 11 11
I work at wells fargo currently ....did a year and change in Online Banking and Business Online Banking .... it wasn't really hard except for the volume of calls at times.... the selling was just referrals you didnt have to close on anything .......I moved outta there and am in small business loan servicing which I enjoy now
 08-10-2012, 08:37 PM         #27
DwRecKeR77053 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DEscalade said:
I work at wells fargo currently ....did a year and change in Online Banking and Business Online Banking .... it wasn't really hard except for the volume of calls at times.... the selling was just referrals you didnt have to close on anything .......I moved outta there and am in small business loan servicing which I enjoy now
how do you get into online banking?
 5 years ago '06        #28
KingK 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$15,250 | Props total: 747 747
Yep I work at Wells Fargo both interviews were a piece of cake. Only been doing actual teller work for 3 days and already got a few referrals, its just about noticing opportunities and getting people over to the bankers, its their job to actually sell the products to the customers.

Its a decent job to start at if you don't mind talking to people.
 5 years ago '11        #29
GetuOne 73 heat pts73
space
space
$4,475 | Props total: 6 6
 NYCNYCNYC said:
if u are going for accounting, a teller position will not help as far as experience. a personal banker would somewhat help with experience

I just got out of the banking world. I liked it alot. great hours and its easy as sh*t
^ This. Try to be a personal banker. You may not be able to get into the position until you graduate so get in as a teller until then. When you land the Personal Banker position, you should start studying for the Series 7

Also, try to land a job at H&R Block, that's good practice and they have flexible scheduling. It's a good way to bring in an extra 10k a year during tax season
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
136 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
141 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago