The Worst Drinks for Your Body

most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
139 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
192 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
235 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-12-2012, 08:31 PM         #1
10363 pageviews
122 comments

ProfitSee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Worst Drinks for Your Body

[pic - click to view]

Juice Drinks
Labels like "juice drink" and "juice c*cktail" are almost always a euphemism for brightly-colored sugar water. For a truly healthy drink, look for 100 percent juice. Nothing else.

[pic - click to view]

Whipped Coffee Drinks
When made with 2-percent milk, a large icy cup of Joe can contain up to 800 calories and a third of the maximum recommended intake for artery-clogging saturated fat. And there's a reason why it tastes so sweet: At 170 grams of sugar in a typical drink, you get more of a sugar shock than a caffeine buzz.

[pic - click to view]

Flavored Water
Flavored and infused waters may deliver a few extra vitamins, but they're also often packed with added sugars. Next time you buy a bottle of water, check the label: If you see anything more than water and natural flavors, leave it on the shelf.

Diet Soda
Diet soda may be calorie free, but it's also 100 percent nutrition free. Plus, if you're guzzling diet coke all day, there's a good chance you're not drinking the healthy beverages your body needs, particularly water and tea. One diet soda a day is fine, but if you're downing five or six cans, you may be doing damage to your body.

[pic - click to view]

Frozen Mixed Drinks
When it comes to c*cktails, the mixers are the real calorie culprits. Case in point: According to the USDA, a 16-ounce pina colada can clock in at a whopping 880 calories, that's more than 8 times the amount in a shot of rum.

"Healthy" Fruit Smoothies
Yes, fruit is good for you, but a 32-ounce smoothie can pack as many as 700 calories with fewer than 2 grams of protein, thanks to the high sugar content. That's like eating a whole pineapple, entire mango and 1 cup each of blueberries and strawberries in a single sitting. Why that's bad: Calories from any food get socked away in your fat cells if you eat more than you can burn.

Sports Drinks
Ending your workout by guzzling a typical sport drink may set your weight-loss goals back. Many sports drinks on the market contain a mixture of natural and artificial sweeteners, plus a laundry list unpronounceable additives. If replenishing electrolytes is your goal, switch to zero-calorie SmartWater or Metroelectro.

Hard Liquor
Alcohol in moderation—one or two drinks a day—has been shown to raise HDL (good) cholesterol, boost bloodflow, and improve sugar metabolism. But when you ask for that third drink, your risk for obesity and slew of other health problems starts to climb. A March 2011 study from the American Cancer Society found that the risk of cancer death was 36 percent higher among people who drank liquor heavily (3 or more drinks each day) than those who drank in moderation or not at all.

Lemonade
Most store-bought versions are made from the same sweeteners used in soda, combined with preservatives and artificial color. At 100 calories per cup, and with the equivalent of 6 teaspoons of sugar and zero nutrients, you're essentially drinking liquid candy. Definitely not refreshing.

Soft Drinks
It's tough to find a single redeeming quality about soft drinks: They're overloaded with sugar and provide empty calories without satisfying your hunger. In fact, soft drinks are the only food that has been directly linked to causing obesity. If you're not willing to eliminate them from your diet entirely, consider one can of full-sugar soda as an occasional treat—the same way you would a candy bar.

Energy Drinks
When people think about "energy" drinks, they're usually referring to products that contain caffeine. The problem is that most "energy drinks" are loaded with too much caffeine and sugar, so while they may give you a short-term burst of energy, you'll ultimately crash and just want to zonk out. When you need a brain boost, you're better off sipping green tea or snacking on a handful of walnuts.

[pic - click to view]

Source

122 comments for "The Worst Drinks for Your Body"

5 years ago '11        #2
tonio25 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,441 | Props total: 5616 5616
So wtf are you susposed to drink other than water?
 5 years ago '07        #3
Bighempin of QM 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,822 | Props total: 1682 1682
 tonio25 said:
duh water is the only drink you should be drinking. Your body is like 60% water so water is what you should drink!
 5 years ago '11        #4
dom 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$8,349 | Props total: 204 204
Crazy as hell if you think I'm going to stop drinking soda other than beer its the next best thing when crushing hot wings. The wash down is the best part of the meal
 5 years ago '04        #5
YngSwift 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,767 | Props total: 156 156
 tonio25 said:
I agree its like they tellin ous to just drink water and tea..water is part of my everyday life but i cant live off that shyt I smoke too much weed to just drink nothing but water everyday!!!
 5 years ago '05        #6
kapiku21 22 heat pts22
space
space
$2,699 | Props total: 77 77
all i drink is water, seltzer water and beer mostly....soda once every few months...juice every now and again

all that extra sh*t you don't really need...you just want it
 07-13-2012, 12:07 AM         #7
bobbydrake6  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i guess beer & water

07-13-2012, 12:21 AM         #8
Ca$h Out  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k all that...

YOLO n*gga!!!
 5 years ago '11        #9
VinylDigga213 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,028 | Props total: 206 206
The article is basically saying to drink soda and other sugary drinks in moderation. Drink water most of the day and have a soda with lunch or some sh*t, if y'all can't do that, you must be fat fu*ks with no self control.
 5 years ago '04        #10
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
I'll drink a little orange juice in the morning ( Tropicana 50 for half the sugar) and Diet Soda when I'm out at a restaurant but for the most part I just stick with at least 4-5 bottles of water a day.
 07-13-2012, 12:26 AM         #11
R3KT915  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Beer and water is all I need in life
 07-13-2012, 12:26 AM         #12
Got Cheeve?  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
basically anything with sugar.

same with food, sugar is the worst thing you can put in your body.

saturated fat does NOT clog your arteries. fat is good for you. not eating fat leads to your body storing more fat.
 5 years ago '04        #13
Exs 152 heat pts152
space
space
$5,788 | Props total: 1346 1346
for the last 8 or so months I've done nothing but drink Neuro Waters and water from my fridge. Soda drinkers disgust me. Same miscreants eating fast food 3-5 times a week.

07-13-2012, 12:29 AM         #14
Silver N Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I could never fu*k with diet soda, taste like sh*t.
 5 years ago '04        #15
Fameus 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,603 | Props total: 4053 4053
 VinylDigga213 said:
The article is basically saying to drink soda and other sugary drinks in moderation. Drink water most of the day and have a soda with lunch or some sh*t, if y'all can't do that, you must be fat fu*ks with no self control.
Its also saying you might think your drinking something healthy but it really isnt . People program themselves to do a routine each day . I know a guy who drinks about 4 energy drinks a day . His kidneys are gonna be all fu*ked up . Just be aware of what you put in your body its not a trash can .
 5 years ago '07        #16
Bruce Leeroy 
space
space
$16,662 | Props total: 813 813
Water>>
 5 years ago '10        #17
freshprinceoba 18 heat pts18
space
space
$6,318 | Props total: 13 13
 White Face said:
foh n*gga, dont nobody wanna just drink water
i do it
 5 years ago '04        #18
haterade2885 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 102 102
everything in moderation fellas, chill. have a soda... personally i prefer grape soda and what I like to call red drink. hard to find that red drink

[pic - click to view]

sh*ts like crack
 07-13-2012, 01:15 AM         #19
cheguevara  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn only thing not on there is water and beer
 07-13-2012, 01:57 AM         #20
LakeHawks  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tonio25 said:
propel zero
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
48 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
65 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
47 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
154 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy