Donít Wanna Be Like Mike. The REAL, Untold Story Behind Michael Jordan's "Retirement?"

most viewed right now
 100
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
148 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 73
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 48
 NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
7 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 46
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #41
Fearless Genius 72 heat pts72
space
avatar space
space
$4,252 | Props total: 725 725
 PEK said:
And none of those facts prove MJ did anything wrong or that he was secretly suspended by the NBA dumb a.ss.
wow, you don't get it. mj didn't do anything illegal but he doesn't have to in order to be suspended. the nba has their own guidelines. if they want to suspend you for their own reasons they can. it's really not that hard to understand when you actually try to learn the facts. no one is saying you have to believe it, but the facts are there to support the notion that jordan was suspended and/or asked to leave the game to get help for his gambling problem.




  146 - 42 STRK: 4 w in a row WIN PCT: 77% 19 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *
 5 years ago '04        #42
whiskey787 15 heat pts15
space
avatar space
space
$11,148 | Props total: 5 5
posting so i can read later
 5 years ago '08        #43
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$10,805 | Props total: 3430 3430
 EnlightenMe said:
wow, you don't get it. mj didn't do anything illegal but he doesn't have to in order to be suspended. the nba has their own guidelines. if they want to suspend you for their own reasons they can. it's really not that hard to understand when you actually try to learn the facts. no one is saying you have to believe it, but the facts are there to support the notion that jordan was suspended and/or asked to leave the game to get help for his gambling problem.
That makes zero fu*king sense! And the NBA cant suspend you for their own reasons, thats why the players have a union. And why the fu*k would they suspend their cash cow with no proof of wrong doing? You conspiracy theorists will believe anything.
 5 years ago '06        #44
modalee 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$15,780 | Props total: 2260 2260
Jordan got his dad k!lled with his unpaid gambling debts
 5 years ago '12        #45
Fearless Genius 72 heat pts72
space
avatar space
space
$4,252 | Props total: 725 725
 PEK said:
That makes zero fu*king sense! And the NBA cant suspend you for their own reasons, thats why the players have a union. And why the fu*k would they suspend their cash cow with no proof of wrong doing? You conspiracy theorists will believe anything.
god you're a moron. a few things, you think because there is a union that he nba can't suspend players for their own reasons? look at the nfl and how they handled the bounty scandal if you need an example. and mike could have agreed to take a leave from basketball and not taken any action against the league to keep it hush hush. and it's not just about wrong doing; it's also about image. they didn't want jordan to become the pete rose of basketball. and they felt that he could get into more deep sh*t if he didn't fix his problem. it was a preventative measure to protect jordan from himself as well as protecting the integrity of the league. it's still clear you didn't read so just read the article and then you'll understand where i'm coming from.




  146 - 42 STRK: 4 w in a row WIN PCT: 77% 19 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *


Last edited by Fearless Genius; 07-12-2012 at 05:22 PM..
Rome Box gave props
 
 5 years ago '05        #46
Dun Language 3970 heat pts3970
space
avatar space
space
$75,843 | Props total: 30032 30032
 wtr1906 said:
You can't ask that kind of question on BX because this is how it will get answered:

MJ's father was a human sacrifice to initiate MJ into the illuminati.....that's why Jordan is so rich and successful
 5 years ago '08        #47
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
avatar space
space
$10,805 | Props total: 3430 3430
 EnlightenMe said:
god you're a moron. a few things, you think because there is a union that he nba can't suspend players for their own reasons? look at the nfl and how they handled the bounty scandal if you need an example. and mike could have agreed to take a leave from basketball and not taken any legal action to keep it hush hush. and it's not just about wrong doing, it's also about image. they didn't want jordan to become the pete rose of basketball. and they felt that he could get into more deep sh*t if he didn't fix his problem. it was a preventative measure to protect jordan from himself as well as protecting the integrity of the league. it's still clear you didn't read so just read the article and then you'll understand where i'm coming from.
Its clear you will believe anything. And the union can file appeals and players can sue if they are suspended for bullsh*t. As I've said from the beginning there is no proof MJ did anything wrong and it still dont make sense for the NBA to suspend him. But gossiping bi*ches like u take every theory as fact.
 5 years ago '12        #48
Fearless Genius 72 heat pts72
space
avatar space
space
$4,252 | Props total: 725 725
 PEK said:
Its clear you will believe anything. And the union can file appeals and players can sue if they are suspended for bullsh*t. As I've said from the beginning there is no proof MJ did anything wrong and it still dont make sense for the NBA to suspend him. But gossiping bi*ches like u take every theory as fact.
it's clear you are trying to protect jordan's image to an unhealthy degree. yes the union can file appeals, and yes players can take action. but like i already alluded to in my post before this, if you want to keep things out of the public eye, you won't do that. jordan cared about his image and the league cared about theirs as well. and you still didn't read so i don't even know why i am arguing with you.




  146 - 42 STRK: 4 w in a row WIN PCT: 77% 19 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *


Last edited by Fearless Genius; 07-12-2012 at 05:29 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #49
Fearless Genius 72 heat pts72
space
avatar space
space
$4,252 | Props total: 725 725
 regulate said:
Just finished reading the article and there is no proof whatsoever that MJ ever gambled on nba games. Which is what the writer was trying to insinuate. Not to mention the writer himself is obviously biased as fu*k (an MJ hater if you will). Look at this for example from the article:




How the fu*k does that make him a hypocrite if thats how he felt at the time? Obviously after time, things change and your motivations are different. This writer is clearly biased against Jordan.


And really I read this bull5hit thinking there must be something bombshell, or concrete and really its just an opinion piece with a few lossely related facts to "support" the writers opinion.

And you tin foil clowns believe that sh*t....GTFOH :jordanchoke:
the writer never said he gambled on nba games he said the league was afraid that he might do it in the future if his gambling problems persisted.

What was potentially even more threatening to the league than MJ’s gambling was the fact that he was consistently a.ssociating with seeming criminals. He was putting himself in a position where he could easily be blackmailed. Perhaps blackmailed into doing something on the court like shaving points or worse – throwing games. I think at this point the NBA and Commissioner David Stern stepped in and talked to Michael Jordan about “retirement.”
and your example of the writer being biased is weak and dumb. that's just his own color commentary. i didn't agree with it but that really is just his opinion. doesn't change the facts of the article.




  146 - 42 STRK: 4 w in a row WIN PCT: 77% 19 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *


Last edited by Fearless Genius; 07-12-2012 at 05:40 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #50
Fearless Genius 72 heat pts72
space
avatar space
space
$4,252 | Props total: 725 725
 regulate said:
EXACTLY, and its because he can't just flat out come out and say it, because he'll be ridiculed like the idiot he is just like you clowns are being ridiculed in this thread.


fu*kin pointless a.ss article. Wasting my damn time. You tin foil idiots need to get a life.
what?




  146 - 42 STRK: 4 w in a row WIN PCT: 77% 19 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 97-57, Rank #29 | Aug 16: 2-0, Rank #224 | Aug 14: 11-8, Rank #285 | Aug 13: 1-0, Rank #480 *
 5 years ago '09        #51
McmasterlockPt2 41 heat pts41
space
avatar space
space
$12,907 | Props total: 838 838
 Blacknitro said:
I didn't read.

But Real ppl know he got his dad k!lled bcuz of his gambling and real ppl know that his retirement had something to do with his gambling troubles. This was well known when it unfolded. It's crazy how it was all just swept under the rug. Just goes to show u how much MJ was worth to the NBA.


this pretty much says it all here,we all knew about this for years.
 5 years ago '08        #52
ByrdManJR. 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$544 | Props total: 2 2
Not one time in this thread no one mentioned the names of..

Daniel Green and Larry Demery.

Don't worry...I'm prepared for conspiracy theorists and hearsay co-signers to attack me.
 5 years ago '04        #53
luv4music 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,692 | Props total: 1465 1465
so fu*king what?


he's the greatest until someone goes 6 for 6 with 6 finals MVPs
 07-13-2012, 08:03 AM         #54
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kobe fans always post this sh*t when they get mad at MJ...

MJ sh*tted on Kobe yesterday... So this was posted yesterday.

So sad.
 5 years ago '06        #55
hood135 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$8,607 | Props total: 3 3
I don't understand why this is so hard for people to believe. Even if you don't believe, you must at least question the validity of it all.

Facts are, MJ was international ROYALTY who made the NBA and any entity a.ssociated with it MILLIONS upon MILLIONS. His gambling habits and the people he was a.ssociated with risked all of that.

Lets be real and lets be clear, business entities protect their investments and in some cases, they have to protect them from themselves. This is no different.

I don't think yall realize how influential his brand was and how important he was to people's pockets. He was flirting with death with all of that reckless gambling so why would it be far fetched to believe that the NBA amongst other business entities would come together and say enough is enough?
 5 years ago '04        #56
Jumpoff21 29 heat pts29
space
avatar space
space
$4,853 | Props total: 934 934
 hood135 said:
I don't understand why this is so hard for people to believe. Even if you don't believe, you must at least question the validity of it all.

Facts are, MJ was international ROYALTY who made the NBA and any entity a.ssociated with it MILLIONS upon MILLIONS. His gambling habits and the people he was a.ssociated with risked all of that.

Lets be real and lets be clear, business entities protect their investments and in some cases, they have to protect them from themselves. This is no different.

I don't think yall realize how influential his brand was and how important he was to people's pockets. He was flirting with death with all of that reckless gambling so why would it be far fetched to believe that the NBA amongst other business entities would come together and say enough is enough?
This, It makes perfect sense. Jordan's image would have been ruined. It doesn't take away from what he did on the court but you can just tell by his competitiveness that jordan could have a huge gambling problem. HE DIDN'T LIKE TO LOSE and gambling is so fu*king addictive.
 5 years ago '05        #57
MemphBleek05 46 heat pts46
space
avatar space
space
$10,187 | Props total: 8485 8485
 hood135 said:
I don't understand why this is so hard for people to believe. Even if you don't believe, you must at least question the validity of it all.

Facts are, MJ was international ROYALTY who made the NBA and any entity a.ssociated with it MILLIONS upon MILLIONS. His gambling habits and the people he was a.ssociated with risked all of that.

Lets be real and lets be clear, business entities protect their investments and in some cases, they have to protect them from themselves. This is no different.

I don't think yall realize how influential his brand was and how important he was to people's pockets. He was flirting with death with all of that reckless gambling so why would it be far fetched to believe that the NBA amongst other business entities would come together and say enough is enough?
To sum things up, if you turn Michael Jordan into Pete Rose (reputation wise), a crapload of profit margins start to shrink......
 5 years ago '04        #58
TheMagicMan|M 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$13,619 | Props total: 4 4
Only reason Jordon played baseball was because he was suspended. The league was generous while they investigated instead of dragging all his business in the street like they do now
 5 years ago '05        #59
MemphBleek05 46 heat pts46
space
avatar space
space
$10,187 | Props total: 8485 8485
 TheMagicMan said:
Only reason Jordon played baseball was because he was suspended. The league was generous while they investigated instead of dragging all his business in the street like they do now
He benefits from the lack of social media. Because of that, people simply refuse to believe, their childhood hero could do such a thing.........
 07-01-2013, 04:30 PM         #60
A6249CF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
people saying the article is bullsh*t without reading make me fu*kin sick smh

i've just looked up a few things on this topic n found this thread on google. interesting
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 28
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 27
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 17
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 11
Image(s) inside dannielledai
5 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 7
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 6
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
68 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 4
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact Ė and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 4
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy