most viewed right now
Troy ave is back ladies and gentleman
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
80 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #121
Real 2 heat pts
space
space
$391 | Props total: 0 0
 Hovi Bryant said:
Because you're an embarrassment to all things a.ssociated with human life.
Wow.
 5 years ago '04        #122
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,677 | Props total: 11336 11336
 Hovi Bryant said:
Because you're an embarrassment to all things a.ssociated with human life.
 5 years ago '10        #123
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
 Ghost Writer said:
First person I've heard say that....
And he's in the minority.
 07-12-2012, 01:49 PM         #124
TheMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 King856 said:
Illmatic>>>>>>>>RD
stillmatic>>>>>>>>>>Blue Print
Life is good >>>>>>>>>>>> anything Jay has released in 5 years

and Jay is in my top 10 but Nas catalogue sh*ts on his
 07-12-2012, 01:50 PM         #125
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Retro said:
Not necessarily you (I don't read many Jay threads so I don't know your post history in them), but there's plenty of Jay stans that do exactly what you said Nas stans do...
Jay only has 2 Classics to me(RD, Blueprint).

Vol. 1 would be if they had taken 2 tracks off... And The Black Album would be if it had the Original "Ignorant sh*t" on it like it was supposed to(as is, it's missing that one extra great track).

thegoldenhero said:
just in case you guys didn't know yall can be Nas and Jay fans
 07-12-2012, 01:50 PM         #126
TheMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hovi Bryant lost.
Jay lost.

Forever young
 5 years ago '10        #127
space
space
 TheMob said:
Hovi Bryant lost.
Jay lost.

Forever young
You're in denial for reasons unknown.
 5 years ago '11        #128
ChickBoss414 27 heat pts27
space
space
$1,547 | Props total: 318 318
 Hovi Bryant said:
You're going to have to break this down for me. I don't understand your point, outside of you preferring Nas doing this versus say...Soulja Boy.

In the end, to me that's like saying you trust Ray Allen more than Reggie Miller to take the last shot.

Unfortunately, I dont have alot of time currently to get extra technical by example. Yet, education can be a device for the divide based on an elite/elitist approach to understanding.

If you have the messages of Nas (High School Dropout, Self-Educated) vs. (for example) Michael Eric Dyson (aka "The Hip Hop Professor" ,thoroughly college educated) speak to audiences, at a rational level of logic and understanding-- Who is going to make more sense in lamen terms?

There is a social stratification based on their abilities to articulate and speak to their audiences they are trying to empower (or speak over in some cases-- high school dropout rates were at a racially aggregate composition of about 40% as of 2009-- although spiked with approximately 18% of the latino population) That 40% statistic represents ages 16-24.

You seem to have a firm grasp of logic, but put yourself in that 16-24 age demographic and try to follow these videos

[video - click to view]

VERSUS

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

I am an AVID fan of both these dudes. Yet, their respective agendas for uplifting, enlightening, or empowering are nearly divergent in effort. The nature of how NaS would relate to the 'mentally dead' (or the living intelligent) of this generation resonates a whole lot stronger for obvious reasons.

This is wayyyy different than NaS vs. Soulja Boy....because the agenda is different in that analogy
 5 years ago '11        #129
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225 OP
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
Didn't expect ppl to be stanning this hard for this thread to go 8 pages
 5 years ago '04        #130
Real 2 heat pts
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:
good thread.
 5 years ago '09        #131
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,220 | Props total: 19326 19326
 Kadillac87 said:
You knew what you was doing when you started this thread...a stan war
 5 years ago '11        #132
Jaymalls 58 heat pts58
space
space
$3,932 | Props total: 364 364
God Son
Streets Diciple
Hip Hop Is Dead
Nastradamus
I Am...
Untitled
Distant Relatives

We're all mediocre albums, but I still don't agree with the initial statement by Jay-Z... It Was Written was flames, so that would make that bar null an void!
 5 years ago '04        #133
Real 2 heat pts
space
space
 King856 said:
you named yourself Hovi Bryant

there's no deception
Dude is just clueless to life.
 07-12-2012, 02:06 PM         #134
TheMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hovi Bryant said:
You're in denial for reasons unknown.
Ironic. You are in denial if you love "Hip Hop" and not admit LIG is better than anything Jay Z has dropped in almost a decade.

What is it this?

[pic - click to view]

This?

[pic - click to view]

Or this?

[pic - click to view]

LMFAO!

Which joint on BP3 touching anything on LIG?
 5 years ago '09        #135
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,220 | Props total: 19326 19326
 Jaymalls said:
God Son
Streets Diciple
Hip Hop Is Dead
Nastradamus
I Am...
Untitled
Distant Relatives

We're all mediocre albums, but I still don't agree with the initial statement by Jay-Z... It Was Written was flames, so that would make that bar null an void!
damn so over half of Nas discography is mediocre...tough critic lol
 5 years ago '10        #136
space
space
 ChickBoss414 said:
Unfortunately, I dont have alot of time currently to get extra technical by example. Yet, education can be a device for the divide based on an elite/elitist approach to understanding.

If you have the messages of Nas (High School Dropout, Self-Educated) vs. (for example) Michael Eric Dyson (aka "The Hip Hop Professor" ,thoroughly college educated) speak to audiences, at a rational level of logic and understanding-- Who is going to make more sense in lamen terms?

There is a social stratification based on their abilities to articulate and speak to their audiences they are trying to empower (or speak over in some cases-- high school dropout rates were at a racially aggregate composition of about 40% as of 2009-- although spiked with approximately 18% of the latino population) That 40% statistic represents ages 16-24.

You seem to have a firm grasp of logic, but put yourself in that 16-24 age demographic and try to follow these videos

VERSUS

I am an AVID fan of both these dudes. Yet, their respective agendas for uplifting, enlightening, or empowering are nearly divergent in effort. The nature of how NaS would relate to the 'mentally dead' (or the living intelligent) of this generation resonates a whole lot stronger for obvious reasons.

This is wayyyy different than NaS vs. Soulja Boy....because the agenda is different in that analogy
You know, I think I'm getting what you're saying now.

Gowing up, I listend to a lot of Nas and alternative artists in contrast some of the mainstream for what may just be your very point. I never realized that until now.

My grades weren't really spectacular at the time, and I didn't really care about school too much. However songs like Black Girl Lost, I Want to Talk to You, and Rule stuck with me for their messages. Factually, Nas may have been wrong, but nonetheless he did help provide some awareness for things in the world outside of my own world, things I would eventually see.

In contrast to educated Black professors and similar minds, artists such as Nas is a better alternative in terms of articulating our problems within society to our youth.

Hip-Hop needs that, and in that respect I can see how some can appreciate Untitled for what it is as an album. However, my beef is the general execution of it all. Maybe because I decided to read more books, improve my grades, and stay in school?

I just see Hip-Hop in this form as a stepping stone for something much greater. I guess Nas' albums such as Untitled or some of his songs are just means to an end. I believe some just listen to these artists and don't go any further than that. Somehow, this can be counter-productive.
 5 years ago '11        #137
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,857 | Props total: 1454 1454
I don't get how you n*ggas try to discredit Untitled & Distant Relatives albums especially Untitled.
 5 years ago '10        #138
space
space
 TheMob said:
Ironic. You are in denial if you love "Hip Hop" and not admit LIG is better than anything Jay Z has dropped in almost a decade.

What is it this?

[pic - click to view]

This?

[pic - click to view]

Or this?

[pic - click to view]

LMFAO!

None. To answer your question.

However, what does that have to do with the actual thread itself?
 5 years ago '09        #139
Vos 2 heat pts
space
space
$903 | Props total: 0 0
 TheMob said:

What is it this?

[pic - click to view]

This?

[pic - click to view]

Or this?

[pic - click to view]

LMFAO!

Um, AG is a classic...

Life is Good is definitely better than BP3 and KC (although KC isn't a bad album like many claim)...
 5 years ago '10        #140
space
space
 King856 said:
you named yourself Hovi Bryant

there's no deception
And it's a choice to remain ignorant. A fool, you'll always be in the eyes of many. I can change my name, but that won't change my opinions.

If it changes yours, then you've lost a long time ago.
Home      

most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
169 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
91 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
203 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
188 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
229 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
91 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Matt Barnes retires
52 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
263 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy