Nas' "Life Is Good" Proves Jay-Z Right?

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
129 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-12-2012, 12:35 PM         #81
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 King856 said:
WTT is good but 8/10

Kany sells more then Jay now thou therefore he is more popular and has more attention.

going platinum off the strngth of other artist (alicia keys) that wasn't a mistake he put her on the single
no he doesn't

BP3 sold 1,900,000
WTT sold 1,400,000
MBDTF sold 1,200,000
 5 years ago '10        #82
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
 Real said:
LMAO. I don't need to look it up because I know what I'm talking about as you just proved for me. Like I said, the majority have ignored the rule as you did. So that "constantly changing English language" has made it acceptable for the ignorant to use Nas'.. You're welcome...again. Don't be mad and too prideful to accept corrections. It is what it is.
You back up your ignorance with arrogance. How pathetic can you be? Rather, at this point, how much further can you go in that regard? I'm afraid to find out for our sakes.

Like I said, there is no rule. In the past, old texts such as the Bible for example said Jesus' over Jesus's, today it doesn't matter. However, usage is ambiguous today, and to clearly define one over the other as a rule is idiocy.
 5 years ago '07        #83
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194
If you don't like Untitled then you don't know music.
 5 years ago '06        #84
jaycee 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$9,350 | Props total: 827 827
The black bond
 5 years ago '05        #85
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,225 | Props total: 9629 9629
 King856 said:
ok I can agree with this Untitled definitely served a deeper purpose as far as the message but that doesn't mean it's a better piece of music.

the creativity on stillmatic alone puts it ahead for me. I mean rewind
Yeah. To me 'Rewind' is one of the best SONGS ever written. It's absolutely fantastic.

Untitled was another type of creativity though. An older, more mature man rapping about America and our culture. It's just great. They're both pinnacles of his creativity, just in different ways. That's all.
 5 years ago '05        #86
Rockstar718 69 heat pts69
space
space
$10,836 | Props total: 9714 9714
n*ggas really must of been sleeping on that god son album

best 2 worst
stillmatic, illmatic, it was written, god son, lost tapes, hip hop is dead, i am, unititled, nastradamus

oh and hip hop is dead - untitled are all the same level and no where near the garbage that was nastradamus
 5 years ago '10        #87
space
space
 King856 said:
WTT is good but 8/10

Kany sells more then Jay now thou therefore he is more popular and has more attention. which is the main reason Jay all of a sudden wanted to do a joint album with the same guy he didn't want rapping in the 1st place

going platinum off the strngth of other artist (alicia keys) that wasn't a mistake he put her on the single

Jay went from doing songs with Beans and Bleek to Drake and Kid Cudi. yeah he's not hopping on the whats hot trend huh
Dude, you're acting if what I'm saying is some kind of stretch or reach. I could grab some reviews.

Metacritic has it at a 7.6 out of 10 (based on 40+ reviews). Still a hot album if you're in favor of technicalities.

In that case, Untitled is a 7.1, HHID 7.9.

Jay, WTT 7.6, BP3 6.5, American Gangster 8.3
 5 years ago '04        #88
Real 2 heat pts
space
space
$391 | Props total: 0 0
 Hovi Bryant said:
You back up your ignorance with arrogance. How pathetic can you be? Rather, at this point, how much further can you go in that regard? I'm afraid to find out for our sakes.

Like I said, there is no rule. In the past, old texts such as the Bible for example said Jesus' over Jesus's, today it doesn't matter. However, usage is ambiguous today, and to clearly define one over the other as a rule is idiocy.
"The possessive for "Jesus" is an exception to the rule. The only reason I can think of is long, long tradition. Follow the rule for adding apostrophe s for other names ending in s, but use the apostrophe only for Jesus."

"A singular word that ends in S (gas, Thomas, bass, for example) normally takes an apostrophe S ('s) to show possession (gas's, Thomas's, bass's). Only when the word ends in S because it's plural (gases, the Thomases, basses) does it take an apostrophe only (gases', the Thomases', basses'). That said...

"Both writing and punctuation are supposed to make it easier for someone else to read what you've written. The apostrophe indicates an omitted letter or letters (in the last sentence I skipped 'ha'. Since you pronounce the possessive of a noun which ends in 's' as though it ended '...ses', the apostrophe indicates the omission of the vowel sound, and so the possessive of Jesus should be written 'Jesus's'. Americans, especially the Microsoft spellchecker programmers, seem to use a slightly different language from other writers."

There you go, since using my own knowledge to respond to you is now considered "arrogant" lmao. I'll grab others views on the subject as you did. Does doing so make my point more valid now? lol.
 5 years ago '05        #89
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,225 | Props total: 9629 9629
 Rockstar718 said:
n*ggas really must of been sleeping on that god son album

best 2 worst
stillmatic, illmatic, it was written, god son, lost tapes, hip hop is dead, i am, unititled, nastradamus

oh and hip hop is dead - untitled are all the same level and no where near the garbage that was nastradamus
To each his own, but Untitled as his second worst album?

Or even Lost Tapes behind God's Son?
 5 years ago '10        #90
space
space
 King856 said:
I can agree with all those ratings in that context. untitled is still better then BP3 which is my whole point

Distant Relatives is better then WTT
You know, after all of that...I really don't give a fu*k about what you think is better.

However, some of you n*ggas will bash another artist for no fu*king reason. None. It makes you look stupid. Like the thread starter for example.
 5 years ago '04        #91
Real 2 heat pts
space
space
Oh, and using an apostrophe to show possession is in fact, a RULE. That rule shouldn't get omitted just because the word already ends in s, like I said earlier. Is it acceptable? Yes. Would Nas' be preferred as "right" over "Nas's" if it came down to following the rules of grammar? No.
 07-12-2012, 12:53 PM         #92
WezLBoy Wonder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nyuzi said:
I still listen to it regularly. Smartest but dopest music I have ever heard. Everyone should go back and listen to it again serious!

Last edited by WezLBoy Wonder; 07-12-2012 at 12:55 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #93
space
space
 Real said:
"The possessive for "Jesus" is an exception to the rule. The only reason I can think of is long, long tradition. Follow the rule for adding apostrophe s for other names ending in s, but use the apostrophe only for Jesus."

"A singular word that ends in S (gas, Thomas, bass, for example) normally takes an apostrophe S ('s) to show possession (gas's, Thomas's, bass's). Only when the word ends in S because it's plural (gases, the Thomases, basses) does it take an apostrophe only (gases', the Thomases', basses'). That said...

"Both writing and punctuation are supposed to make it easier for someone else to read what you've written. The apostrophe indicates an omitted letter or letters (in the last sentence I skipped 'ha'. Since you pronounce the possessive of a noun which ends in 's' as though it ended '...ses', the apostrophe indicates the omission of the vowel sound, and so the possessive of Jesus should be written 'Jesus's'. Americans, especially the Microsoft spellchecker programmers, seem to use a slightly different language from other writers."

There you go, since using my own knowledge to respond to you is now considered "arrogant" lmao. I'll grab others views on the subject as you did. Does doing so make my point more valid now? lol.
I don't know how many ways to articulate or better yet, find a way to break down the fact (key word), that there is NO RULE. You can't create an exception if there is NO RULE.

If your plan was to run your point around in circles until I give up, it worked. I'm done with you. Your claims are unfounded and you choose to continue.
 07-12-2012, 12:56 PM         #94
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nyuzi said:
I don't like Untitled.
 5 years ago '10        #95
space
space
Some of you Nas fans or stans are fu*king disgusting using blanket statements like "If you don't like x you're y.

It's stupid, and almost immediately your opinion is null and void for being biased.
 5 years ago '04        #96
Real 2 heat pts
space
space
Like I said, using an 's to show possession is in fact a rule. No? Can you agree with that? So why would you just completely IGNORE THIS RULE simply because a word already ends with an s? You following?

Last edited by Real; 07-12-2012 at 01:01 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #97
NomiS 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,120 | Props total: 28 28
 DJ Maximum said:
hhid not a 4
streets disciple is a 1.5
god son is a 4
u suck jay-z d!ck so um...
 07-12-2012, 01:00 PM         #98
AmerigoCorleone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You guys really arguing about grammar?
 07-12-2012, 01:00 PM         #99
WezLBoy Wonder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Karamu said:
I don't like Untitled.
Listen again ! Sly fox untitled blak pres were not a lone are sick!
 5 years ago '10        #100
space
space
 King856 said:
I already said Jay was in my top 10 without question

it's just funny you "stans" can't go 1 thread without bringing up the words PLATINUM or sales.

I aint bashing Jay, I love some of his albums but some of his sh*t was doo

and the reason Jay was mentioned is because this thread is based off what he said you inbred
Dude are you stupid?

You're the one that said Jay-Z needs Kanye West to be relevant. How can I possibly counter such a claim without bringing numbers into the equation? Now I'm in the wrong for doing so?

You really didn't think that was going to happen?

I don't care where you think Jay or Nas is ranked. However, I'm not going to sit here and act as if Nas hasn't put out hot albums since Stillmatic. It just so happens that some of you f*ggots turn into something else and immediately bash Jay-Z. It's stupid, and you know what, I think you're stupid.

I just answered my own question, oh god.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago