Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
136 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
76 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #41
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
 Real said:
Nothing else to elaborate on or debate here. It is what it is, if you don't get it you never will. Simple as that.
Stan logic.
 5 years ago '04        #42
Real 2 heat pts
space
space
$391 | Props total: 0 0
 Hovi Bryant said:
Stan logic.
lol. Whatever you say man. You seem aggravated while I'm chillin', loving everything about this new album. Guess the "stan logic" wins again.
 07-12-2012, 10:55 AM         #43
AmerigoCorleone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hovi Bryant said:
Please elaborate, so I know if I'm going to be debating with fool or not. I'm already leaning towards the former.
Your opinion on what someone should or should not rap about has nothing to do with the quality of their music.

In your opinion, the approach Nas took shouldn't have been. That's okay, but in his approach, he executed brilliantly.

So, even if you disagree with his approach, you should be able to recognize the brilliance Untitled holds.
 5 years ago '05        #44
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,221 | Props total: 9629 9629
nah. god's son and untitled were fantastic.

hip-hop is dead is super boring though, and let's not rewrite history and say street's disciple is better than what it was. it wasn't good at all.

and one more thing... to all of you who grade albums by saying "it was classic except for _____", please realize that you look stupid and classic sh*t by definition doesn't have any 'except for _____" stuff going on. sure, if you remove a sh*tload of tracks from street's disciple and make it one CD, then yeah, it would have been dope. but you can't... so stop.
 5 years ago '09        #45
Troop 1 heat pts
space
space
$284 | Props total: 334 334
9/10 Classic IMO

Love that he gave Stack Bundles love on Queens Story.
 5 years ago '04        #46
Real 2 heat pts
space
space
 King856 said:
that doesnt mean GOD SON isn't a hot album
Exactly this. People are so quick and ready to jump on the hatewagon that it clouds common sense damn logic. Oh well, let them miss out.
 5 years ago '04        #47
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,656 | Props total: 11289 11289
 King856 said:
Illmatic>>>>>>>>RD
stillmatic>>>>>>>>>>Blue Print
Life is good >>>>>>>>>>>> anything Jay has released in 5 years

and Jay is in my top 10 but Nas catalogue sh*ts on his

IMO

RD>ILLMATIC
STILLMATIC>BP
LIFE IS GOOD=AMERICAN GANGSTER

thats me.
 5 years ago '05        #48
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
 skillahmang said:
IMO

RD>ILLMATIC
STILLMATIC>BP
LIFE IS GOOD=AMERICAN GANGSTER

thats me.
american gangster is a GREAT album, so i'm a.ssuming you're paying a compliment?
 5 years ago '10        #49
space
space
 AmerigoCorleone said:
Your opinion on what someone should or should not rap about has nothing to do with the quality of their music.

In your opinion, the approach Nas took shouldn't have been. That's okay, but in his approach, he executed brilliantly.

So, even if you disagree with his approach, you should be able to recognize the brilliance Untitled holds.
First, I never stated Untitled is a bad album or lacks quality. This is your overreaction in defense of Nas. I said I hated Untitled, my reason was given for purposes unrelated to the quality of the songs, but the execution of the entire album.

I refuse to recognize the already established lyrical ability of Nas on such a poory executed project. Untitled can be interpreted as a mockery, hypocritical, and distasteful by many.

If you can force yourself to separate the truth from things that are simply just music, then more power to you. I refuse to do that. From the moment the controversey began, it was clear he was already unqualified to speak of the subject, when his purpose is clearly undefined.
 5 years ago '04        #50
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
 WCIB said:
american gangster is a GREAT album, so i'm a.ssuming you're paying a compliment?
OBV.

just responding to homie who said LIFE IS GOOD is better then anything jay dropped in last 5 years. American Gangster is a GREAT album. at the moment i hold LIFE IS GOOD one day in as an equal and thats saying a lot will see how time treats it. but i still enjoy American Gangster now as much as when i first heard it, it has aged well.
 5 years ago '05        #51
cowlersleycowle 
space
space
space
$2,205 | Props total: 466 466
Why does untitled get so much hate
 5 years ago '05        #52
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
 skillahmang said:
OBV.

just responding to homie who said LIFE IS GOOD is better then anything jay dropped in last 5 years. American Gangster is a GREAT album. at the moment i hold LIFE IS GOOD one day in as an equal and thats saying a lot will see how time treats it. but i still enjoy American Gangster now as much as when i first heard it, it has aged well.
 5 years ago '12        #53
Raw Silk 
space
space
$244 | Props total: 0 0
LMAO @ this thread. Nas is top is easily a top 5 emcee.
 07-12-2012, 11:29 AM         #54
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hollabizak said:
His album is good.Aint gon hate on the man like that,but he still not in my top 5. Why does it take him every 10 years to drop a good album?Thats fu*king sad.
What's really fu*king sad is you actully believe that.
JayZ's words are powerful enough to shape weak minds.

It Was Written is still my Fav, then Illmatic and Stillmatic and now Life is Good.
 5 years ago '04        #55
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
 King856 said:
AG came out 5 years ago so anything after that Jay aint fu*king with LIG

smh @ reasonable doubt being better then Illmatic tho
AG dropped nov 2007, so just 5 years ago. i agree everything after is not fu*king with LIG. WTT is an enjoyable album to party and go out to. but it doesn't have the quality and cohesiveness and content of LIG.

as for Reasonable Doubt, i can relate to the stories on that album more than the stories in ILLMATIC(growing up in NYC in the Queensbridge Projects). thats me.

ILLMATIC is still in my top 5 albums, and i easily could of said = instead of >, lyrically and as a overall hiphop album ILLMATIC is better.

but for me, if i had to be on a island for the rest of my life with either ILLMATIC or RD, it will be RD. "I PERSONALLY" enjoy it more, in no way do i discredit ILLMATIC quality and importance.
 5 years ago '10        #56
space
space
 King856 said:
sometimes men can't think for themselves. Thats where untitled comes in. It raises awareness amongst some of the people who aren't able to see everything.

I agree with you about an artist speaking on their 1st hand accounts, but there is always great artist that speak on conditions of their people.
That's where I have a problem. I don't think Nas is qualified to educate others. Hell, I don't think any hip hop artist is qualified for that matter. Most are dropouts, have poor grammar and have a limited vocabulary.

Nas is no exception, yet I believe he is at his best when he relates political and societal struggles with his own upbringing and life experiences. It makes the music much more genuine than just another notch on his belt or subject checked on a list of topics.

I agree that the fact that him speaking on the subject generates awareness, but how much more than what we already have? He didn't elaborate any more than what we've learned in grade school, or from what our grandparents told us directly. With racism alive and well almost every day, how much more awareness can be generated? Nas' audience is mostly minority in terms of racial demographics?
 07-12-2012, 11:34 AM         #57
AmerigoCorleone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hovi Bryant said:
First, I never stated Untitled is a bad album or lacks quality. This is your overreaction in defense of Nas. I said I hated Untitled, my reason was given for purposes unrelated to the quality of the songs, but the execution of the entire album.

I refuse to recognize the already established lyrical ability of Nas on such a poory executed project. Untitled can be interpreted as a mockery, hypocritical, and distasteful by many.

If you can force yourself to separate the truth from things that are simply just music, then more power to you. I refuse to do that. From the moment the controversey began, it was clear he was already unqualified to speak of the subject, when his purpose is clearly undefined.
Agree to disagree. That's that all that can be done.
 5 years ago '10        #58
space
space
 King856 said:
we're all qualified bro, you don't need an education from the "system" to shed light on people

and I never said educate I said raise awareness

why are you acting like every was told the same things that your grand parents told you?

whether you like his approach or not doesn't really matter does it? he has a solid enough base that support his music
Well, when you say some men can't think for themselves... Awareness is only one half of the equation to resolving that issue. At least in my book, education is the other.

Also, I'm just saying most of Nas' fans are a in a niche. They'll buy his albums no matter what and support him. Untitled fell on deaf ears if his purpose was to bring awareness to a larger audience. I believe that most blacks who shun hip hop were spurned further, and other races and cultures quickly labeled it as pulling the race card for album sales.

This isn't as if a big name act really had something to lose by creating Untitled, but someone who some feel his career is waning, trying to get a boost by stirring controversy. The subject matter on the album feels largely like another Nas album. Nothing revolutionary or worthy of the controversy and ultimately a huge disappointment.
 5 years ago '04        #59
Real 2 heat pts
space
space
 Hovi Bryant said:
Well, when you say some men can't think for themselves... Awareness is only one half of the equation to resolving that issue. At least in my book, education is the other.

Also, I'm just saying most of Nas's fans are a in a niche. They'll buy his albums no matter what and support him. Untitled fell on deaf ears if his purpose was to bring awareness to a larger audience. I believe that most blacks who shun hip hop were spurned further, and other races and cultures quickly labeled it as pulling the race card for album sales.

This isn't as if a big name act really had something to lose by creating Untitled, but someone who some feel his career is waning, trying to get a boost by stirring controversy. The subject matter on the album feels largely like another Nas album. Nothing revolutionary or worthy of the controversy and ultimately a huge disappointment.
Fixed. I bet Nas would have gotten that right. lol

Last edited by Real; 07-12-2012 at 11:54 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #60
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,261 | Props total: 2825 2825
I can understand how some people can't get into Untitled because of the subject matter..thats just how you feel. To me it stands out as a whole amongst his other albums and always will.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
87 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
40 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
93 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Fans Find Doo Doo Condoms and Lube While Digging into Zac Efrons Trash!
227 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
72 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Black In Crew: Chicago Baddie & Potential “No PullOut” Candidate
54 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
68 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
53 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy