Nas' "Life Is Good" Proves Jay-Z Right?

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA 5 Players Who Were Lebron Before Lebron
52 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #21
El Fuerte 
space
space
$3,902 | Props total: 1700 1700
every nas album is "hot"

more like 1 classic every 10 year average

now who fu*kin w/ that?

5 years ago '08        #22
El Fuerte 
space
space
cacs and self hating blacks hate Untitled w/ a passion

sh*t was great to me tho
 5 years ago '10        #23
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,733 | Props total: 19629 19629
 El Fuerte said:
cacs and self hating blacks hate Untitled w/ a passion

sh*t was great to me tho
Watch it.
 5 years ago '08        #24
El Fuerte 
space
space
 Hovi Bryant said:
Watch it.
which one are you?
 07-12-2012, 09:45 AM         #25
AmerigoCorleone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
HAHA.

You guys are really tryna saying Untitled was nothing? Lyrically that's top 5 material. Yall crazy.
 5 years ago '04        #26
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,274 | Props total: 2843 2843
n*gga Nas said..

n*ggas never really seen paper in this world
American blacks the teenager of this world
Give us twenty more years to grow up
Already geniuses... what I mean is this....
I used to worship a certain Queens police murderer
'Til I read the words of Ivan van Sertima
He inserted something in me
That made me feel worthier
Now I spit revolution, I'm his hood interpreter
 5 years ago '08        #27
El Fuerte 
space
space
 CTre said:
n*gga Nas said..

FIRE!, my n*gga Nas dropped so many jewels on Untitled

can't really ever believe cats hate/hated on that album

the fact that one of hip hops GOATs can drop a socially relevant album like that that discusses and makes u think about race/race-relations in America and it go overlooked or underrated by the "Hip Hop community" is just sad

I went back n listened to untitled after the whole Trayvon/Zimmerman hoopla and sh*t just held more weight than ever...
 5 years ago '11        #28
ChickBoss414 27 heat pts27
space
space
$1,547 | Props total: 318 318
-- I dont understand the disregard for the "Untitled" album. As much as I could feel that Nas has not reached back and collaborated with some of those initial producers that gave him his "classic" Nas sound, "Untitled" as an album, EASILY one of Nas' best, and most important albums.

At a time when he could've been trying to compete with Lil Wayne (2008) and making music about monotonous club or street sh*t, he chose to rap about things and position the whole project with a rather MILITANT perspective that you havent seen from rap in a very long time. He couldve spoke about the ice, the cars, the bi*ches, the dope-- but he chose to enlighten and challenge the very systems (so to speak) that he is employed by. To me, it was like hearing Public Enemy, "It Takes A Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back" back in 1988, or "Fear of A Black Planet" in 1990.

The (art of) militancy and pro-black perspective of what hip-hop USED to rap about-- with acts like Public Enemy, X-Clan, or even Dead Prez is virtually extinct...and I see the newer generations of (urban) youth are disconnected from the efforts and philosophies of the civil rights/pro-black movements....(obviously because of how hip hop/rap culture has grew into the mainstream)

I understand its a new day and age, but this disproportionate imbalance and overindulgence in rapping about "street sh*t" all the time is clearly one of the reasons why Nas proclaimed "hip hop is dead" and created such an album......(which also leads to understand why the culture, and subsequent music, is the way it is-- there is no effort to preserve it, over pimping it for the masses)

Although it may not be "classic"..."Untitled" is better than a lot of you all give it credit for...
 5 years ago '08        #29
El Fuerte 
space
space
 ChickBoss414 said:
-- I dont understand the disregard for the "Untitled" album. As much as I could feel that Nas has not reached back and collaborated with some of those initial producers that gave him his "classic" Nas sound, "Untitled" as an album, EASILY one of Nas' best, and most important albums.

At a time when he could've been trying to compete with Lil Wayne (2008) and making music about monotonous club or street sh*t, he chose to rap about things and position the whole project with a rather MILITANT perspective that you havent seen from rap in a very long time. He couldve spoke about the ice, the cars, the bi*ches, the dope-- but he chose to enlighten and challenge the very systems (so to speak) that he is employed by. To me, it was like hearing Public Enemy, "It Takes A Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back" back in 1988, or "Fear of A Black Planet" in 1990.

The (art of) militancy and pro-black perspective of what hip-hop USED to rap about-- with acts like Public Enemy, X-Clan, or even Dead Prez is virtually extinct...and I see the newer generations of (urban) youth are disconnected from the efforts and philosophies of the civil rights/pro-black movements....(obviously because of how hip hop/rap culture has grew into the mainstream)

I understand its a new day and age, but this disproportionate imbalance and overindulgence in rapping about "street sh*t" all the time is clearly one of the reasons why Nas proclaimed "hip hop is dead" and created such an album......(which also leads to understand why the culture, and subsequent music, is the way it is-- there is no effort to preserve it, over pimping it for the masses)

Although it may not be "classic"..."Untitled" is better than a lot of you all give it credit for...
great post!, pretty much what I was tryna say in my previous post, but aint ahve time to go into detail and get all intricate since I am at work

very nice
 5 years ago '10        #30
Mocking Mind 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,448 | Props total: 88 88
God's Son
Untitled
Hip-Hop Is Dead
Distant Relatives

/Thread
 5 years ago '04        #31
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,730 | Props total: 11455 11455
no but what this proves is Nas is one of the best artists that strikes back with force when his back is against the wall.

when everybody thought his music career was over, he laughed and striked back with STILLMATIC

when everyone thought his personal life was jeopardize, he took it with a grain of salt and got his head right and dropped this gem LIFE IS GOOD.

one of the best artists when his back is against the wall. my homie 50 could learn something from the boy Nasir.
 5 years ago '07        #32
RubbahBandMayn 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,963 | Props total: 5879 5879
 ChickBoss414 said:

5 years ago '10        #33
space
space
 CTre said:
n*gga Nas said..

I'm not a fan of this shade of Nas.

I believe men should speak for themselves and have others relate through them and their stories. Untitled is largely vague and ambiguous with many subjects that are hotly remembered and debated by generations past that still live with us.

What is the purpose of Untitled?
 5 years ago '10        #34
space
space
 El Fuerte said:
which one are you?
Neither you piece of sh*t.
 5 years ago '04        #35
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,730 | Props total: 11455 11455
 King856 said:
LOL @ NAs not being top 5. Dude is easily a top 3 all time MC.
PAC-JAY-NAS

you can have your order but thats mine.

GOD BLESS AFENI-GLORIA-ANN JONES

LIFE IS GOOD...!
 07-12-2012, 10:08 AM         #36
hollabizak 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hovi Bryant said:
Cube vs Nas? Nas wins.

Everyone else is debatable, in Nas' favor for a couple.
Cube has a ton more classic albums than Nas
 07-12-2012, 10:17 AM         #37
AmerigoCorleone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hovi Bryant said:
I'm not a fan of this shade of Nas.

I believe men should speak for themselves and have others relate through them and their stories. Untitled is largely vague and ambiguous with many subjects that are hotly remembered and debated by generations past that still live with us.

What is the purpose of Untitled?
If you don't get it you never will.
 5 years ago '05        #38
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,787 | Props total: 4901 4901
Lol yea I guess he was. What's most n*ggas review of this album? Best Nas album since Stillmatic. What's was most n*ggas review of Stillmatic? Best album since Illmatic.
 5 years ago '10        #39
space
space
 AmerigoCorleone said:
If you don't get it you never will.
Please elaborate, so I know if I'm going to be debating with fool or not. I'm already leaning towards the former.
 5 years ago '04        #40
Real 2 heat pts
space
space
$391 | Props total: 0 0
 Hovi Bryant said:
Please elaborate, so I know if I'm going to be debating with fool or not. I'm already leaning towards the former.
Nothing else to elaborate on or debate here. It is what it is, if you don't get it you never will. Simple as that.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
82 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
126 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
347 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
16 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy