Absolutely epic thread on reddit (your mind will be truly blown)

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
115 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
55 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
83 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '07        #1
14607 pageviews
97 comments

Ole-G 347 heat pts347
space
space
$10,235 | Props total: 13 13
Absolutely epic thread on reddit (your mind will be truly blown)

[pic - click to view]

Today, a homeless looking man handed me $50 and this note. Do any of you have any idea what it means? : AskReddit

[pic - click to view]

Front:

[pic - click to view]

Back:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

97 comments for "Absolutely epic thread on reddit (your mind will be truly blown)"

5 years ago '10        #2
kindabizzie 12 heat pts12
space
space
$873 | Props total: 44 44
Either we're being astronomically trolled or something big's gonna happen on the 19th...

Bookmarked
 5 years ago '07        #3
Ole-G 347 heat pts347 OP
space
space
that thread has almost 6000 replies

everyone is trying to decipher that code
 5 years ago '07        #4
Ole-G 347 heat pts347 OP
space
space
the craziest sh*t is that they the username of the guy who gave him 50 bucks and a note (he posted in that thread and proved it) is 2220944379

some guy traced his IP address 2220944379 which gives the IP address: 132.96.235.251, and here's the summary:

IP address : 132.96.235.251

IP country code: US

IP address country: United States

IP address state: Arizona

IP address city: Fort Huachuca

IP postcode: 85613

IP address latitude: 31.5273

IP address longitude: -110.3607

ISP of this IP : US Department of Defense Network

Organization: US Department of Defense Network

Local time in United States: 2012-07-12 00:53

(Fort huachuca, AZ is the Army's military intelligence headquarters, which trains all the army's military intelligence analysts and interrogators. It's located in the valley of the Sierra Nevada mountains in the middle of nowhere for the prime reason of staying discrete.)
 5 years ago '08        #5
AyeDre 13 heat pts13
space
space
$10,533 | Props total: 283 283
 Blood Edge said:
prime trolling or the kid from Knowing?

nvm it's trolling
How you know it's trolling? I want to see what happens on the 19th. If I was in NYC I'd go lol
 07-12-2012, 04:09 AM         #6
Chip Tha Ripper 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

Bookmarked.
 5 years ago '05        #7
Danger Zone 58 heat pts58
space
space
$34,155 | Props total: 18413 18413
 5 years ago '11        #8
AwDamnItsLes 
space
space
$474 | Props total: 13 13
 Chip Tha Ripper said:

Bookmarked.
 5 years ago '10        #9
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,142 | Props total: 15649 15649
can I get a detailed summary of what the fk is goin on. Im not reading all that sh*t on Reddit
 5 years ago '07        #10
st21 1233 heat pts1233
space
space
space
$55,450 | Props total: 43413 43413
 lboog1423 said:
can I get a detailed summary of what the fk is goin on. Im not reading all that sh*t on Reddit
homeless guy gave someone $50 and a note that told him to meet at a hot dog stand on the 19th
 5 years ago '10        #11
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,142 | Props total: 15649 15649
 ST21 said:
homeless guy gave someone $50 and a note that told him to meet at a hot dog stand on the 19th
gotta be more to it than that if there are 6000 replies
 5 years ago '10        #12
Delbert Mengel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$20,551 | Props total: 195 195
UPDATE

New cipher from mystery "Mr. Input" taken from a screenshot posted by OP.

YOU HAVE MANAGED TO FIND THE MESSAGE WITH THE HELP OF FRIENDS.

YOU CHANGED THE RULES, NOW SO WILL I.

JULY TWELFTH, FOUR P.M.

FIND THE BLUE JAY AT SIX AND A HALF AND FIFTY SIXTH AND TELL HIM YOU ARE THE LAST.

I imagine this is the alleyway located on 6th Ave. I will try to post a picture of the alley soon.

EDIT: ALSO A RABBIT HOLE HAS APPEARED!

A hobby of mine is to study handwriting, along with ink and paper types. Based on what I've learned over the years I can make some decently educated guesses about who wrote the note:

They are: Male Aged 25-35 English is likely their native language They went to primary school in North America or Canada

The handwriting on the back of the $50 bill (numbers along the bottom) perfectly matches that of the note - so it is definitely part of the test. The "650" I can't be certain of without a better picture.

The blue 4 on the front right side, along with the blue scribble are unlikely to be related.

Something that's curious to me is that the ink used on the $50 doesn't appear to be the same type as the one used in the note. The note appears to have used permanent marker - or a felt tipped type pen. The note uses a ball point pen (as you can see with the impression on the paper with total lack of feathering or bleed).

This could mean a few different things:

The $50 was modified first with the felt tipped pen - and when the note was being made, the creator realized the bleeding effect of the felt tip pen would cause problems with such small lettering - then switched to a ball point pen.

or

The note was created first - then the $50, but the $50 was created at a different location, where the original pen used for the note wasn't available.

I find it suspicious that the "friends house" in Jersey has carpet that's made by the Shaw Contract Group - and is very cheap carpet designed for office buildings, class rooms, cheap hotels and generally high traffic areas. This carpet would likely never be found in a residential home.

I also find it suspicious that the picture you took of the 50 is 5 megapixles, but the first picture of the note is at 3.2 megapixles. Also why was there a delay to begin with - it would be common sense to post pictures of the $50 with the other pictures - especially if it has numbers written on the back of it.

Something else to mention: That note is in AMAZING condition. For someone to carry that, hold it in their hand for multiple train stops, hand it to you - without so much of a crease or a smudge on the cheap oil based ball point ink is extreamly unlikely. Also people don't just disappear from crowded train stops - you see them leave, you're stuck behind them for a few minutes to go through entrances and exits.

So....

TLDR: Picture of $50 taken in an office (not at a friends house) with a different camera than that of the note (but the handwriting on both match - but ink does not). The quality of the note says this is all bullcrap and was never handled very much at all - this is an entertaining, but fictional story (like the Bible).

Last edited by Delbert Mengel; 07-12-2012 at 10:16 AM..
 5 years ago '11        #13
bridouble 239 heat pts239
space
space
$6,949 | Props total: 2521 2521
 DelbertMengel said:
UPDATE

New cipher from mystery "Mr. Input" taken from a screenshot posted by OP.

YOU HAVE MANAGED TO FIND THE MESSAGE WITH THE HELP OF FRIENDS.

YOU CHANGED THE RULES, NOW SO WILL I.

JULY TWELFTH, FOUR P.M.

FIND THE BLUE JAY AT SIX AND A HALF AND FIFTY SIXTH AND TELL HIM YOU ARE THE LAST.

I imagine this is the alleyway located on 6th Ave. I will try to post a picture of the alley soon.

EDIT: ALSO A RABBIT HOLE HAS APPEARED!

A hobby of mine is to study handwriting, along with ink and paper types. Based on what I've learned over the years I can make some decently educated guesses about who wrote the note:

They are: Male Aged 25-35 English is likely their native language They went to primary school in North America or Canada

The handwriting on the back of the $50 bill (numbers along the bottom) perfectly matches that of the note - so it is definitely part of the test. The "650" I can't be certain of without a better picture.

The blue 4 on the front right side, along with the blue scribble are unlikely to be related.

Something that's curious to me is that the ink used on the $50 doesn't appear to be the same type as the one used in the note. The note appears to have used permanent marker - or a felt tipped type pen. The note uses a ball point pen (as you can see with the impression on the paper with total lack of feathering or bleed).

This could mean a few different things:

The $50 was modified first with the felt tipped pen - and when the note was being made, the creator realized the bleeding effect of the felt tip pen would cause problems with such small lettering - then switched to a ball point pen.

or

The note was created first - then the $50, but the $50 was created at a different location, where the original pen used for the note wasn't available.

I find it suspicious that the "friends house" in Jersey has carpet that's made by the Shaw Contract Group - and is very cheap carpet designed for office buildings, class rooms, cheap hotels and generally high traffic areas. This carpet would likely never be found in a residential home.

I also find it suspicious that the picture you took of the 50 is 5 megapixles, but the first picture of the note is at 3.2 megapixles. Also why was there a delay to begin with - it would be common sense to post pictures of the $50 with the other pictures - especially if it has numbers written on the back of it.

Something else to mention: That note is in AMAZING condition. For someone to carry that, hold it in their hand for multiple train stops, hand it to you - without so much of a crease or a smudge on the cheap oil based ball point ink is extreamly unlikely. Also people don't just disappear from crowded train stops - you see them leave, you're stuck behind them for a few minutes to go through entrances and exits.

So....

TLDR: Picture of $50 taken in an office (not at a friends house) with a different camera than that of the note (but the handwriting on both match - but ink does not). The quality of the note says this is all bullcrap and was never handled very much at all - this is an entertaining, but fictional story (like the Bible).

5 years ago '06        #14
realgunta 703 heat pts703
space
space
$20,480 | Props total: 16233 16233
too long to read
 5 years ago '04        #15
W24x55 50 heat pts50
space
space
$12,339 | Props total: 11060 11060
This guy just might be the biggest troll in the history of trolling.
 5 years ago '10        #16
kamianisan 16 heat pts16
space
space
$3,006 | Props total: 547 547
 W24x55 said:
This guy just might be the biggest troll in the history of trolling.
 5 years ago '05        #17
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,443 | Props total: 7086 7086

In for updates.
 5 years ago '04        #18
Official 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,577 | Props total: 0 0

I'm about to do this sh*t to somebody

5 years ago '06        #19
kingkoopa50 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,078 | Props total: 5 5
looks like a marketing ploy. still interesting though

skip to 4:00
 5 years ago '05        #20
PBoy03 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,418 | Props total: 524 524
Fort Huachuca is about an hourn a half from here...hope this dude aint planning on some kind of attack
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
82 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
132 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
27 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
297 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
51 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
215 comments
1 day ago