Pitchfork's rating for Frank Ocean's channel Orange album

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
160 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
119 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
51 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
73 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #61
TheAnswer1313 
space
space
space
$1,162 | Props total: 93 93
But there's like 1 or 2 tracks where the lyrics are talking about men.

You can still relate to the other 15 tracks IMO.

That's why I wonder if people even gave it a shot.
 5 years ago '07        #62
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
fu*k outta here
 5 years ago '05        #63
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
If it wasn't for the obviously homo Forrest Gump song I couldn't find anything wrong with the CD. Haven't heard the Tyler bonus song though, and knowing how trash he is that might bring it down some
 5 years ago '04        #64
Dot.Com 5 heat pts
space
space
$704 | Props total: 563 563
aside from "Pyramids" & "Thinking about you" which shouldn't even be on there this sh*t was Trash!

[pic - click to view]

& he's gay.

& last summer I bumped nostalgia, ultra every day.

& I will say it again this sh*t was Trash anybody who thinks other wise only like it because its the current hype.

Ol peanut butter chasing a.ss n*ggas!

5 years ago '06        #65
28 Gramz 51 heat pts51
space
space
$7,575 | Props total: 4488 4488
 TheAnswer1313 said:
But there's like 1 or 2 tracks where the lyrics are talking about men.

You can still relate to the other 15 tracks IMO.

That's why I wonder if people even gave it a shot.

1 or 2 songs about men is acceptable? The fu*k is the generation comin to
 5 years ago '04        #66
Demac 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,365 | Props total: 3 3
 28 Gramz said:

1 or 2 songs about men is acceptable? The fu*k is the generation comin to
It's two songs; "bad religion" and "Forrest gump" . In "bad religion" he states,"I could never make him love me" ...those two songs are weird to listen too..

5 years ago '04        #67
haterade2885 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 102 102
 28 Gramz said:
f*ggot agenda in full effect
preach it, these sissy hippy types dont wanna hear it.

[pic - click to view]

07-13-2012, 12:00 AM         #68
Shang Tsung 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 28 Gramz said:
f*ggot agenda in full effect
yeah im with michael moore on this one
 5 years ago '07        #69
BNB 4 heat pts
space
space
$87 | Props total: 2 2

There's some insecure, bigoted a.ss people on this board.
 07-13-2012, 12:37 AM         #70
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

rated higher than this?

5 years ago '11        #71
King Henry 548 heat pts548
space
space
$43,970 | Props total: 9952 9952
 BNB said:

There's some insecure, bigoted a.ss people on this board.
Yeah. Everywhere else they're calling this album and putting aside his s3xuality.

BX cool as fu*k, but when race/s3xuality is mentioned
 5 years ago '05        #72
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
Lotta retards in this thread. But, the album was not that good. It lacked anything experimental that made him dope and gave him his buzz in the first place. sh*t is way too safe and way too polished. I don't fu*k with this album at all, from a musical stand point.
 5 years ago '04        #73
theHighlife04 
space
space
$402 | Props total: 1 1
 Chief Dee said:
It is suspect, but Frank O stans will pretend that subject matter has no bearing in the music that you chose to listen to. As if a grown man singing about loving his own gender is a "minor huddle", hell nah that's a mountain. The best soul music and R&B is a man singing about his love for a woman, or a woman singing about her love for a man. We criticize straight artists for their subject matter ALL THE TIME, hell Brian McKnight just got sh*tted on for that pus*y Works song, but then as soon as you say that you wont bump Frank Ocean because of his gay a.ss content you're labeled "insecure". I love how these sugarb00ty homos are changing the goal post for gay artists and making it where you cant even critique these motherfu*kers.
You aren't critiquing though, you're judging.

There's a huge difference between listening to the album and explaining why you didn't like it versus writing it off in it's entirety because of his s3xuality.
 5 years ago '04        #74
Dot.Com 5 heat pts
space
space
$704 | Props total: 563 563
 theHighlife04 said:
You aren't critiquing though, you're judging.

There's a huge difference between listening to the album and explaining why you didn't like it versus writing it off in it's entirety because of his s3xuality.
Well I personally don't like it because it doesn't flow together well. I also feel like theres to many interludes and unnecessary sh*t going on. & the lyrics are blah its more of a instrumental cd with a guy making sounds on it then anything else. When compared to his other projects this one doesn't create the visuals.

When nostalgia, ultra came on it set the tone and the mood was kept thru the whole entire mixtape/album whatever. When this one comes on you don't know whats going on you don't know the mood you don't no the direction and it just gets worst and it plays out.

"Thinking about you" is a great song but it came out last summer & it doesn't fit with none of the songs on this album at all. I wanna call it a whole bunch of songs he experimented with and threw on one cd, but then I can't say that because "The Lonny Breaux Collection" surpasses this album 12 times.

I said it once and I'll say it again the only reason everybody is all about this album is because of the hype around him right now. He has better and has done better I'm sure of it I use to be an avid Frank Ocean listener. But this just doesn't do it at all it's almost disappointing as we have no real feel to R&B music anymore.

To top it all off he's part of this new wave of the lets turn the world gay bandwagon.
 5 years ago '06        #75
LakerFan 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,282 | Props total: 460 460
the whole album is trash. Frank Ocean is just the latest fad. getting love cuz he came out the closet and had some features on Watch the Throne now everybody who never heard of him before (not us of course) is on his d!ck hard as fu*k. Say what you want but the sh*t is weak and if he keeps making sh*t like this he aint going nowhere.
 5 years ago '04        #76
Def Poet|S 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,661 | Props total: 95 95
album is good, but not a classic. heard every song except that forrest gump shiit. not a homophobe, but hearing a man sing about another man, that's that sh*t i don't like or care to hear.
 5 years ago '11        #77
The Rhyming Ape 57 heat pts57
space
space
$13,216 | Props total: 24715 24715
isnt this the same pitchfork that gave return of 4eva a damn 6.7 and called it a disappointment?
 5 years ago '07        #78
BNB 4 heat pts
space
space
$87 | Props total: 2 2
 The Rhyming Ape said:
isnt this the same pitchfork that gave return of 4eva a damn 6.7 and called it a disappointment?
 5 years ago '10        #79
DannyDoubleBags 1 heat pts
space
space
$490 | Props total: 517 517
Just listened to the album straight through and it is nothing special. It's a good r&b album, but that's about. I could care less if dude is gay cause Nostalgia was a dope tape and inward bumpin' that , but this just didn't have any songs that I thoroughly enjoyed. Also I was disappointed with Andre's verses cause I was really looking forward to that song and it was again average to me. Hopefully Frank can return to what brought him all the hype.
 07-13-2012, 10:05 AM         #80
ROFLSTOMP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chief Dee said:
It is suspect, but Frank O stans will pretend that subject matter has no bearing in the music that you chose to listen to. As if a grown man singing about loving his own gender is a "minor huddle", hell nah that's a mountain. The best soul music and R&B is a man singing about his love for a woman, or a woman singing about her love for a man. We criticize straight artists for their subject matter ALL THE TIME, hell Brian McKnight just got sh*tted on for that pus*y Works song, but then as soon as you say that you wont bump Frank Ocean because of his gay a.ss content you're labeled "insecure". I love how these sugarb00ty homos are changing the goal post for gay artists and making it where you cant even critique these motherfu*kers.
I agree, to a degree. How many Frank O fans would listen to some racist KKK homophobe artist?
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
23 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
49 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
82 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
73 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
98 comments
2 days ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy